Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe (46090 Views)

Skuki Peeshaun Alerts EFCC As Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow 500k Seed / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Bobbywallexino(m): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2016
gele, beret, scarf and hijab which one resemble this as is shown in the picture?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by rodbel(m): 11:11am On Jun 10, 2016
nigerianvenom:
Nice one from CAN. NO religion has any form of monopoly over the others.

But how does a Muslim student putting on hijab affect anyone... as long as it is not been enforced on non-muslims it's ok. Why is CAN trying to brew issues where there is none...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by yetunsbay(m): 11:12am On Jun 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Why? What's so special about the head?
why did u want knw?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by BrianX40(m): 11:13am On Jun 10, 2016
Dawdy:
Let them wear whatever they want to wear, they will soon be tired. HIJAB has come to stay, there is nothing any CAN can do about it. Allah is the one that commanded female Muslims to use HIJAB.
You're really a big fool and a smiling goat. Ode ni. Oloriburuku ni ehh.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by iamfromlagos(f): 11:14am On Jun 10, 2016
tongue[/color]
CaptainEColeJnr:
[color=#770077]Will you stop misinterpreting me? undecided

I said "quote form" ... and not "quote"

Go and re-read my original comment..

until then ... fvck off!!!
tongue
CaptainEColeJnr:
Will you stop misinterpreting me? undecided

I said "quote form" ... and not "quote"

Go and re-read my original comment..

until then ... fvck off!!!
u sounded like a frustrated soul. well it's well. keep praying
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2016
uruego:
when Christians decide to make child of Bond woman their governor that is exactly what they get. This child of Bond woman has messed up Osun state.

Dont deceive yourself. According to your bible, all blacks are children of Ham, who was destined to be a slave to his brothers. You are not a descendant of Abraham through either of his children by a long shot.

Ask your pastor/ cattle herder/ goat keeper, or whatever the jobless man who chops your money on Sundays and other days as opportunity arises, is designated as.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Dawdy(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2016
BrianX40:
You're really a big fool and a smiling goat. Ode ni. Oloriburuku ni ehh.
I won't engage in cursing. I'm fasting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Mrreed(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2016
anyone who opposed the idea of hijab by muslims is being hypocritic. hijab is part of a muslims dress. they dont only wear it to pray, they wear it in all their activities. the only placw they allowed to be without hijab is when they are inside their homes with their family members or with same sex.
more importantly, the hijab that was authorized by the court is the shoulder length. so, it has not altered the uniform. if you say that they should not be worn in missionary school, u may have a point but who controls the recruitment and dismissal of staff in those missionary schools? if its the government that pays their remuneration then its binding on them to follow the Judiciary's decision. even if you attend private school u will recite songs of praise as a muslim. weekend in Nigeria is saturday and sunday. friday is a working day, yet we are not complaining. if CAN is a follower of biblical teaching it ought to support wearing of eejab cos the bible supports covering of the hair and it also preaches tolerance

6 Likes

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Honestly1: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2016
tobibodunde1992:

pick ur gun and shoot me then..waht d Bleep is ds idiots business??

U just looked for my trouble... But I have forgiven you. Never call a man an idiot. I only joked with you and u took it extremely out.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Toofan007: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2016
fiizznation:
The highlighted statement up there is their main problem. No Muslim will bother himself about whatever anybody decides to wear, but reverse is the case with many non-muslims. Like what is anybody's business if my daughter wears hijab to school? Is she wearing it on anybody's head? Or is her hijab biting anybody or what? I don't get it
since they don't force everybody to wear hijab, i don't have issues with it. But i think you deliberately being disingenuous by saying NO MUSLIM WILL BOTHER HIMSELF WHATEVER ANYBODY DECIDES TO WEAR! We all know that ain't true.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Dawdy(m): 11:21am On Jun 10, 2016
JIGHU:

SIMPLE MY FRIEND, JUST ESTABLISH ONLY MUSLIMS SCHOOL AND TAKE IT AWAY FROM SECULAR SCHOOLS....WE ARE NOT IN A MUSLIM COUNTRY
so, government schools aren't meant for Muslims as well?

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dragonking2: 11:26am On Jun 10, 2016
kally90:
Let Christians and Muslims have separate schools.Shekina
They already have separate schools but Muslim's refuse to attend their islamic schools rather they prefer to attend missionary schools and wear hijab
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by iamfromlagos(f): 11:28am On Jun 10, 2016
tobibodunde1992:

cos am not a slowpoke..like you. human mind can do a lot if u will let it and stop spending ur time on uselsess things. i hope u v learnt.
no mind Jo.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by iamfromlagos(f): 11:29am On Jun 10, 2016
tobibodunde1992:

cos am not a slowpoke..like you. human mind can do a lot if u will let it and stop spending ur time on uselsess things. i hope u v learnt.
no mind am Jo.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Ihuomadinihu: 11:29am On Jun 10, 2016
Ignorance is a huge problem in Africa!
It's unfortunate that people don't understand that wearing of veils,Hijab,Niqab and burqa stems from an oppressive and patriarchal society that saw women as low class citizens. Various cultures in the Middle East have insensitive laws for women and sort for ways to subjugate them. Along the line,veils and head covers were introduced and they have been inexistence long before the rise of Judaism,Christianity and Islam. These religions also borrowed this cultural practises and fused them into their doctrines which they evangelized across the world.
Why should we let Middle eastern culture or Western culture take so much relevance amongst us to the point of causing strife?
Hijabs,Choir robes and veils do not belong to this part of the world or public class rooms,they should be left as religious symbols for religious environments!
Sometimes,it's better to study your Bible and Quran alongside Historical perspectives,cultural and linguistic context,it's not everything your master teach you that has relevance to your region!

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 10, 2016
carinmom:

Islam and hijab wearing have never been the reason the north is where it is today.

Hijab doesn't in anyway affect teaching and learning in schools, and it will never affect those not wearing it in anyway.
The earlier you stop your bigotry the better for you.

I haven't said hijab wearing is directly responsible.
It's just the first step in segregating the peace loving people of Osun State, this is a script written by some division sowing politicians.
If they succeed in that then the next chapter and on and on.
This is reality not Bigotry.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MrMcJay(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2016
Dawdy:

Tell me what I don't understand in the glorious Quran. We won't go to Saudi to practice our religion. We are Nigerian Muslims. Deal with it.

Nigerian Muslims that go for pilgrimage in Saudi but run to America to have kids. Keep fighting for hijab while your leaders steal u blind.

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by codemaniacs: 11:34am On Jun 10, 2016
K
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2016
CandyDiamond:

You are blinded by your religion,in public schools there is what we call uniformity in wearing school uniform , they can wear hijab in muslim schools

I presume you done with secondary school cos this forum is full of teens these days. That said, looking back some female Muslim students have made it mandatory to wear Ijab to schools without any conflict. If the school authorities doesn't have a problem with the said students wearing the Ijab then CAN shouldn't input anything cos there are appropriate authorities that looks into these things.

CAN shouldn't cause a rebellion. If the school authorities bans the use of ijab but the female students insists on wearing them then its a different ball game. Likewise, if the school authorities are one sided instructing only the female Muslim students to wear ijab but thats totally not the case.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by codemaniacs: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2016
K

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dragonking2: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Dont deceive yourself. According to your bible, all blacks are children of Ham, who was destined to be a slave to his brothers. You are not a descendant of Abraham through either of his children by a long shot.

Ask your pastor/ cattle herder/ goat keeper, or whatever the jobless man who chops your money on Sundays and other days as opportunity arises, is designated as.
The same Bible that said that David a man after God's own heart too was black if you don't know. .. Abeg go and sleep. ..you don't have any case
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by codemaniacs: 11:37am On Jun 10, 2016
K
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dragonking2: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2016
MrMcJay:

Nigerian Muslims that go for pilgrimage in Saudi but run to America to have kids. Keep fighting for hijab while your leaders steal u blind.
They know Islam is a curse but they are too ashamed to admit it
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Menzy86(m): 11:38am On Jun 10, 2016
fiizznation:
The highlighted statement up there is their main problem. No Muslim will bother himself about whatever anybody decides to wear, but reverse is the case with many non-muslims. Like what is anybody's business if my daughter wears hijab to school? Is she wearing it on anybody's head? Or is her hijab biting anybody or what? I don't get it
I cant believe a muslim is talking about people minding their business. In d north (I schooled in Zaria) girls in jeans got stoned and harrassed. People got assaulted for eating during ramadan. In a class public forum just yesterday, I was warned by a supposed muslim about my comments about a post on female hygiene because "he is observing ramadan" and u hav d temerity to talk about business minding? Mind u all of us on dat class forum have MASTERS degrees. I'm sure u read d man that was almost butchered to death in kaduna recently by Muslims because he ate during ramadan in public? When it comes to minding 'business' in dis world, everybody knows muslims NEVER MIND THEIR BUSINESSES and thats why there is so much chaos wherever they are found. The only luck the world has is that Jesus christ abolished the an eye for an eye injunction of Moses. Definitely the whole world wld have been blind by now!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 10, 2016
Dawdy:
Let them wear whatever they want to wear, they will soon be tired. HIJAB has come to stay, there is nothing any CAN can do about it. Allah is the one that commanded female Muslims to use HIJAB.
stupid man, u can only do that in ur darkness state with stupid illiterate gov. Try that in ondo, the kind flog u will chop no be from this world.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dragonking2: 11:43am On Jun 10, 2016
Dawdy:
so, government schools aren't meant for Muslims as well?
Government schools are meant for everyone and not religious fanatics who want to break the rules.. .If you want to wear hijab go to islamic schools where they accept hijab wearing .. .Shikena

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Image123(m): 11:44am On Jun 10, 2016
fiizznation:

The school system normally should be a place and process of discipline and uniformity. Everybody should stick to their school uniform and rules normally. When every pupil comes with whatever they like hijab, gele, face cap, ring, shoe, pants, boots, toys and games, it erodes the primary goal of discipline and uniformity.

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Image123(m): 11:46am On Jun 10, 2016
Menzy86:
I cant believe a muslim is talking about people minding their business. In d north (I schooled in Zaria) girls in jeans got stoned and harrassed. People got assaulted for eating during ramadan. In a class public forum just yesterday, I was warned by a supposed muslim about my comments about a post on female hygiene because "he is observing ramadan" and u hav d temerity to talk about business minding? Mind u all of us on dat class forum have MASTERS degrees. I'm sure u read d man that was almost butchered to death in kaduna recently by Muslims because he ate during ramadan in public? When it comes to minding 'business' in dis world, everybody knows muslims NEVER MIND THEIR BUSINESSES and thats why there is so much chaos wherever they are found. The only luck the world has is that Jesus christ abolished the an eye for an eye injunction of Moses. Definitely the whole world wld have been blind by now!

hehehehehehehe, true.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amedak(m): 11:48am On Jun 10, 2016
mofy1:
Covering of the hair is what we call modesty. Even our dear Mary magdalene covered her hair although her life time, then tell me,what happen to her so called children. It beats my imagination that once it's time for prayer in the church or anywhere u see them using handkerchief or anything coverable to cover their hair. Isn't that enough sign to show that covering of hair has value in the sight of God. just saying. May God av mercy on us.
Love u 4 dis comment, u said it all

2 Likes

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dipznano: 11:56am On Jun 10, 2016
darlingtonIIV:
but earlier this week your brothers almost killed a non-muslim in the north for eating in public during the fasting

Baba calm down, read what you quoted well... do I sound like a Muslim?? undecided
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by proprince(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
Nice one from Christian Association of Nigeria
Muslims wanna Islamise Nigeria but it cant work

Christians are still more populated than the uncircumcised muslims In Nigeria
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by ated07: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
May be Gov. Aregbe's wife want to start selling Hijab and Ogebni is just like creating a ready made market for her, Osun pple open your eyes o this is business idea. Dont worry we will keep eyes on this in Dubai and China market and update on NL.

on a serious note, Muslim should be allow to use Hijab on Friday only to observe Friday prayer but not in any other day and Christian should not create issue out of this.

Please allow Peace and Unity to rain in Osun.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / Prayer Points To Break The Powers Of Witchcraft / Paul Enenche: I Can Buy A Private Jet But I Haven’t Acquired One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.