Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe (46085 Views)

Skuki Peeshaun Alerts EFCC As Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow 500k Seed / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by coolviv: 9:05am On Jun 10, 2016
Why should Osun state use their hand to cause problems for themselves? Have they not been following what Boko Haram were doing in the North? Using teenage girls as suicide bombers with bombs hidden in their hijab?

How can a government put their children in danger that was not existing before? Tomorrow now, we will come and hear bomb blast in secondary school in Osun state. And everybody will start crying. After all these years, why the sudden request for hijab wearing?

People have got to open their eyes. Muslims head all the security units in Nigeria. No government can save or help you. If you don't believe me, ask Chibok girls. Christian parents in that state just have to protest massively. I cannot shout oo..
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by bimbo2k10: 9:07am On Jun 10, 2016
Why do our leaders of today create more problems in the society. Students and pupils have bn going to school with a specific design school uniform regardless of their religions. Why do need to introduce strange ideas that will cause problem in the education sector. If it's pure Muslim school, the use of hijab is welcome. But since it's mixed, I think it's absurd to introduce things like this. If Muslims shld be allowed to use hijab, Christians and other religions shld nt be left out in their choices. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

3 Likes

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by babz11(m): 9:07am On Jun 10, 2016
That's what they call Jihad, not killing or bombing of people and property

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by gunuvi(m): 9:08am On Jun 10, 2016
grin grin
mancheeutd:

IGBORO TI DARU EGUN, CELE, HIJAB, BOYS BRIGADE ALL IN THE SAME CLASS... TRADITIONAL WORSHIPERS SHOULD NOT FORGET THEIR ALUWO AND OUNDE
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by gunuvi(m): 9:08am On Jun 10, 2016
B grin grin
Ravenna:

wtf!
who the egun go flog?
My God deliver us from these peace religion o.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Dawdy(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2016
Luckylife:
Are you kidding me ! The last I check Christian are the most peaceful, tolerant and accommodating in the world . Are u blind or deaf to hear the number of innocent souls that have been kidnap, convert , raped ,married off and even killed in the name of Islam ? The capital of a Muslim country is Islamabad if you can't understand. See what happened in kano , kaduna etc
If the crimes committed by Nigerian pastors alone are published in our dailies. No page will be left for other news.

2 Likes

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by skywalker001(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2016
fiizznation:
I don't understand this CAN. Like what is their business if the girls wear hijabs in their respective schools? Are they wearing the hijabs on anybody's head? So if my daughter today wears hijab to school, how's that anybody's goddamn business? They say live and let live. Nobody said the CAN kids shouldn't wear church ropes or whatever they want to wear as long as they don't expose their unclothedness, but nobody has any right to stop a young Muslim girl from wearing her hijab, nobody.

If nobody forces anybody to wear hijabs, I don't understand why somebody will say other people who feel very comfortable with a hijab on their heads shouldn't put it on. People should learn to mind their goddamn businesses please
And how does it concern u if somebody else wear garment to school ? Just shut up and stop being bias... Hypocrite
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by nkemjacob2(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2016
dis what we called indirect islamization... Am not surprise. It's high time FG begin to scramb uniform wear in primary and secondary schools (everybody wear wetin concern u)...

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Tobium1(m): 9:10am On Jun 10, 2016
Expect any rubbish from osun #aregbe
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2016
vedaxcool:

How does what Chadians decide to do affect the life of us in Nigeria? Please come oh, did the ruling force your daughter to wear hijab? If no, please learn to face your immediate problems rather than allow what teen muslim girls wear be your priority.
the teen muslims dey fucck?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Pedro369(m): 9:10am On Jun 10, 2016
ηιcε ιηησvαтιση вσσвαяι.... ησω ιs ∂ тιмε тσ sмσσcн ιη cℓαss ωнεη ∂ нιנαв ιs cσvεяιηg мι. ι ℓσvε ∂ιs σηε
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by truthspeaks: 9:11am On Jun 10, 2016
Ur sarcasm no jst gel. Hw many Christians wld attack u for not observing Christian rites or not dressing in d Christian way. Hv u seen any Christian initiating hate speeches or violent acts because u don't believe in Christ?even in d month of ramadan fast wen Muslims r suppose to be sober in reflection, they still attack so-called unbelievers. E.g kano n kaduna violent acts r thr
Dawdy:

Christians can't cope without hate speech.

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Metallurgist: 9:12am On Jun 10, 2016
fiizznation:
The highlighted statement up there is their main problem. No Muslim will bother himself about whatever anybody decides to wear, but reverse is the case with many non-muslims. Like what is anybody's business if my daughter wears hijab to school? Is she wearing it on anybody's head? Or is her hijab biting anybody or what? I don't get it
you know I once had a fight with a stupid bank cashier over my Arabic signature, the yeye woman is asking me what is this? I give her one stern look she no gree look me for eye again
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Dom2020: 9:13am On Jun 10, 2016
two days ago I saw a Muslim lady worn a mini gown and cover her head with hijab, pls is her head more important than her body? we should just stop this madness and do something that will glorifies God.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by babz11(m): 9:13am On Jun 10, 2016
That's what they call Jihad, not killing and destroying of properties
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by johnie: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2016
Not the first time. It happened 2014.

Read Punch's account:
There was confusion at Baptist High School, Iwo, osun State on Tuesday as some pupils shunned their uniforms and wore choir gowns, white garments, Islamic apparel  and other unconventional dresses to the school.

Although no group or individual could be identified as the mastermind of the bizarre dress code by the pupils, there were, however, conflicting reasons for the behaviour.

While some people said the unconventional dresses were a way of registering dislike for the same uniform introduced by the government for all schools in the state, others said some Christians who were opposed to wearing of hijab in schools founded by Christian missionaries orchestrated the drama.

The suit instituted on the issue of hijab wearing to school is still pending before an osun State High Court.

But Tuesday confusion reportedly became more pronounced at the assembly ground as the pupils could not listen to their teachers because they were busy lining up themselves along religious lines.

A female pupil, who was dressed in a purple gown usually worn by the choir in the Baptist church, was said to have led Christian students in gospel praises, while her Muslim counterpart dressed in hijab was seen hollering “Allau Akbar†and singing praises to Allah from the same platform simultaneously.

It was learnt that although many other pupils appeared in the government-approved uniform, a few ones who are neither Christians nor Muslims wore clothes with the insignia of their religious beliefs, making the atmosphere in the school chaotic.

The confusion was said to have continued in the classrooms as pupils sang discordant tunes. The confusion, it was gathered, started on Monday and continued on Tuesday morning.

The teachers were said to be helpless in controlling the pupils due to the sensitivity of the issue.

The Principal of the school, identified simply as Mr. Arowolo, told PUNCH Metro that that the issue had been reported to the appropriate authorities for action.

The state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Sunday Akere, said the government had been informed of the development and had sent officials of the Ministry of Education to the school on a fact-finding mission.

The Christian Association of Nigeria in the state had protested against the wearing of hijab to schools founded by Christians, describing it as an attempt to wipe away the heritage bequeathed to them by the early missionaries.

But the Joint Muslim Action Forum, which is an umbrella body of all Islamic groups in the state, issued a statement, condemning the protest.

The statement was issued by the JOMAF Coordinator, Alhaji Kola Uzamat and Secretary, Mr. Qaasim Odedeji.

The group described the prevention of hijab-wearing students from Christian schools as an act of religious intolerance which would not be allowed in the state.

The group accused Christians of attempting to sabotage Governor Rauf Aregbesola's policy which it said was introduced to address the decay in the education sector in the state.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pupils-wear-religious-regalia-to-school-in-osun-sing-different-religious-songs-in-assembly/

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Luckylife(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2016
Are you justifying the actions of those Islamic extremists or you are consoling your religion with this ? What is bad is bad no matter which angle you view it . Read the unedited history of Muhammed and you will never remain the same I bet you.
Dawdy:

If the crimes committed by Nigerian pastors alone are published in our dailies. No page will be left for other news.

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Why? What's so special about the head?
you shouldn't question a man's beliefs as long as they do not interfere with your rights as a human being just the same way I won't ask you to explain the miracle of Christ needing to die for our sins when God could have just wiped them off without needing blood.

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by oxyG: 9:15am On Jun 10, 2016
KissCODE:
bros leave this an eye for an eye thing. If hijab must be worn in public school, masqurade for traditional & white garment for cele & C&S members too.

I thought this case was dead but i am looking forward for monday drama sha
It's very obvious from this recent action that;the CAN has something heinous against Islam.They should show the world where the Bible made it compulsory for them to wear those things.Islam is not a religion fashioned by anyone, it is religion of Allah and NOBODY can quench its light. This Christian conspiracy started a long time ago,my dad;then in primary school, was made to uproot a palm tree in this same Osun State just because he refused to embrace Christianity. They can only make efforts but Islam has come to stay and NO ONE CAN STOP IT.
Peace be upon you all.

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by supaman04(m): 9:15am On Jun 10, 2016
we are in a country where ethnicity and religion the main reason we divide the most and consequently our major problems. I personally do not see any problem with Muslim lady/girl wearing hijab to school, but we live in a country where we based our actions and reactions on what the other ethnic group or religion is having or enjoying rather than what is best for a particular ethnic or religion. The state government need to be more sensitive on issues like this for a better coexistence. religion should make us better.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Heavance(m): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2016
But I see nothing wrong in the girls using hijab, its a part of the ladies to cover their hair/head as it may be..... If our fellow Christians want to put on anything, so be it, likewise the traditionalist.
Why do we like to stir up conflict in Nigeria? In Israel, you will see a Muslim praying beside a Christian, but here, we turn things to fight fight. when we die, God will not ask anyone if you are a Muslim or Christian o.
Abeg, CAN should find something meaningful jare, this one no be talk sef. CAN should learn to tolerate abeg, though I know there is what we call a UNIFORM, and some people dont want to understand that, Are they telling us female soldiers use hijab? Or female engineers use it? make we no start to count professions.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by manyus(m): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2016
Luckylife:
Is it not the same hijab that was banned in Chad because terrorists are using it to cover their bombs ? Why are they creating problems with irrelevances .
That was a foolish decision made by Chad and that may further create another problem."Ori bibe ko ni oogun ori fifo".Did Nigeria ban Ijab because some girls put bomb under their Hijab?. So if terrorist decide to put bomb in their pant,they will ban the wearing of pant or start checking people's bom bom?.Please let us reason without sentiments

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Koolmexxi(m): 9:17am On Jun 10, 2016
Some of our Christian Religious leaders jus kip bringing disrepute to d faith with their totally insensible stance most times. What exactly is dis order going to achieve? D female Muslim sees a hijab as sacred and as such dat should b her business and d business of schools to decide if dey want to allow it or not. I don't see anything wrong in it except d hijab grants dem extra privileges over others then d ryt thing for d church to do would b to ask for equality. If d Church leaders feel dey have a problem with d hijab thing den why not table ur grievances with d education board. Stupidity is u doing something u see as wrong jus because someone else is doing it. D church is supposed to preach tolerance.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by lapo(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2016
Two wrongs don't make a right. The CAN should seek legal services to upturn the silly judgement. Public schools should be free of any religion outlook.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Honestly1: 9:18am On Jun 10, 2016
tobibodunde1992:
ooyah nawh...i made front page on my first day of joining nairaland. i dedicate this plot of land to my family..pops..momsi..bro at ports authority and sister at ikorodu...my roomates dem pelsi ..seunthomas and oppsy...and finally to BELLADONA..my one and only....and everything. ...

Tell me why you lying ? First time!
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by DMainMan: 9:18am On Jun 10, 2016
dragonking2:
Keep on lying even Egypt an Islamic country has banned hijab.. .David Cameron has supported the ban of hijab and veil in schools

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/egypt-bans-girls-from-wearing-hijabs-to-school-until-they-reach-puberty-10457845.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/cameron-will-back-uk-muslim-veil-bans-as-he-announces-new-measures-to-tackle-segregation-a6820491.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/12122713/Ofsted-to-mark-down-schools-if-wearing-the-veil-hinders-learning.html

Islam is on its own, even islamic countries are dumping the hijab in schools because of terrorism

Who is lying? Na wa o. Dont make jest of yourself in the public. It is what everyone knows. I am just stating the obvious and not fighting with u. I just saw students in Hijab this morning going to school. Don't follow fake news.

Also, mind u, because a country is populated with Muslims doesn't mean they are following Islam. Turkey is above 90% Muslims but are trying to be westernise to join the EU.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by mrteee: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2016
for all the bigots who thrive in creating a storm in a teacup because of their intolerant religious views/actions, here's Michelle Obama at an East London school in the UK, where people live and discuss ideas that would improve their already high standard of living.

3 Likes

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by ruffp: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2016
vedaxcool:

What a useless point, as the law views nudity as a crime due to fact that it infringes on the rights of others by making them see what they consider irritating

If u had read what I wrote keenly, u wld have known that what u pointed out isn't the crux of my post. But don't worry, I appreciate everyone's opinion, now matter how unintelligent it is.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dragonking2: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2016
funkybully:
The much touted religious tolerance by yoloba propagandists don open nyyash. Make una come smell am.

Accommodating and tolerance, two words abused by yolobas
Must you people always bring tribalism to this issue. ..Have you forgotten your own Igbo brother joined bokoharam recently? You people keep on blaming other meanwhile you are even worse

http://www.gistplanet365.com/2016/06/08/an-igbo-man-named-okoh-godwin-joins-boko-haram-sect/

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2016
If this is true, then I am very disappointed in the Christian leaders in Osun. May God save of us from bad Christian leaders. Let us not be led to slaughter.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Krayzeejhay(m): 9:21am On Jun 10, 2016
Make una just kill una self ontop person matter....H!jab ko,Robe n!
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Scholar8200(m): 9:21am On Jun 10, 2016
datola:
I just wonder if there is more to the wearing of the so called hijab copied from Arabian countries.

Meanwhile, [size=14pt]CAN should act in a biblical manner so as not to be seen as playing an eye for an eye game[/size].
God bless you a million times for the highlighted! Imagine! If they say their Quran commands them to wear it every where fine! At least they are not asking the Christians to wear it too.

Besides, there is no command on church robes, brigade/choir uniforms in the Bible. This is a case of straining at a gnat and swallowing camels!CAN is here teaching the children rebellion

CAN should focus on evangelism and organising outreaches that cannot be handled by single denominations, not fraternising or fighting with the Government!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Prayer Points To Break The Powers Of Witchcraft / Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / Celebrate The Comforter 2019: Obasanjo, Ooni Of Ife, Sanwo-Olu Attend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.