Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG (14087 Views)

Loot Recovered So Far From Diezani, “a Tip Of The Iceberg” – Magu / Properties Recovered So Far From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Custom Boss (Photos) / Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by Islie: 7:28am On Jun 10, 2016
The Federal Government has said that the looted fund recovered so far from individuals and some former government officials is only a tip of the iceberg, adding that more surprises are on the way.

Minister of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed disclosed this yesterday in Abuja at the inaugural Buharimeter town hall meeting organized by the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD), in partnership with Department for International Development (DFID) and Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA).
Mohammed also said that his only “sin” was that he spoke too much before the election.

He said the cash recoveries totaling N78.3bn; $185m; £3.5m and €11, 250 recovered from May29, 2015 to May 25 this year is a child’s play compared to coming details.

The meeting had five federal ministers – Babatunde Raji Fashola (Power, works and Housing), Amina Mohammed (Environment),Udoma Udo Udoma (Budget and National Planning), and AuduOgbeh (Agriculture and Rural Development) – in attendance and was meant to give the scorecard of their one year in office.

Mohammed reminded the audience that the administration campaigned on three broad areas namely corruption, security and to revamp the economy and even though the administration has not met all its targets, he assures that it is on track in meeting up.

“Today, the Boko Haram insurgency is fast receding from the headlines as the Administration has decisively tackled the insurgency. This did not happen by accident. It was the product of purposeful, credible and courageous leadership by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The Director of CDD Idayat Hassan said the centre believe that the quality of citizenship determines the quality of democracy and urged citizens to be more interested in governance.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/loot-recovered-so-far-tip-of-iceberg--fg/150565.html

3 Likes

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by vedaxcool(m): 7:31am On Jun 10, 2016
These iceberg is huge

3 Likes

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by luvinhubby(m): 7:39am On Jun 10, 2016
Not interested in more of APC's sermons.

All we ask for is governance that will reflect on the quality of the citizens living without hyperinflation & insecurity caused by rampaging herdsmen.
Is that too much to ask for?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by mrvitalis(m): 7:45am On Jun 10, 2016
We all know

Please prob NNPC, I swear I will stand as a witness against my greedy uncle (he knows cos I have told him several times)

Corruption is no man's friend... . It's more evil

Then also prob our so called.. .. .. national union of road transport workers.. . That's place alone it well managed can pay fedral workers

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by sinistermind(m): 7:58am On Jun 10, 2016
Whenever Nigerians are complaining about something, the FG releases a news about loots or that they've discovered another huge fraud, then Nigerians left in awe of such news and forget they have greater problems.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by Ikwokrikwo: 8:00am On Jun 10, 2016
Then put them to use.
Fools

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by VampireeM(f): 8:00am On Jun 10, 2016
Incompetent Govt! Trying to mask their incompetence with irrelevant news... Release the names and details of the so called loots you claimed you will release earlier and not tell us the cock and bull tales with your two tongued mouth!
Probe Amaechi, Fashola for their scam projects ! APC shld stop running their mouths! We are tired of these daily tales.. Hit the ground running and start executing projects, We are about entering the second quarter of the year

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by gmaribel(m): 8:01am On Jun 10, 2016
Chai...... APC

Stop talking........ Start doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by DaBullIT(m): 8:09am On Jun 10, 2016
Chai wailers

Stop whining

Buhari has done more than your collective son of the soils has done for you

Buhari carry go

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by ijustdey: 9:29am On Jun 10, 2016
till we recover as many loots as possible ........ the government shouldn't stop oooo

3 Likes

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by hucienda: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
Yeah...
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by Akshow: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Except if this so called recovered loot will bring back jobs of thousands who have been sacked just this year.

Will bring back power again. I've not seen light for an hr in the past one week.

If it will bring back fuel to eighty five naira

Bring diesel and kerosene price down

Bring cheap food stuff back

Bring tomatoes back

Create jobs

I don't want to hear about some fantasy recovered loot.

8 Likes

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by haywire07(m): 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Is it bad if the budget is fuelled with the recovered loot? undecided

And I thought the names of the looters will b revealed
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by RedCapChief(m): 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Lai Mohammed has started again! Something to distract us till August angry
Still waiting for the 350 billion naira cash injection into the economy.

Mohammed also said that his only “sin” was that he spoke too much before the election.
. . . and he is still sinning, yet this is Ramadan angry

1 Like

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by frinx: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Recover the loots so you don't have to loan my future with increasing debts....
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by kolnel: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
No light
No money
Job loss everyday
Dollars rises everyday
Apc fear God

1 Like

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Yes o.

Not until the trinity from Otuoke return theirs.

PEJ,
GEJ
Azibola

4 Likes

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by omusiliyu(m): 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
Since the statement is from Lie Mohammed, he will soon deny it.
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by queensay: 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
okkk
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by Hustoto: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
even if you recover the entire iceberg, will it improve the situation of the economy. How has our lives improved with tip you recovered. there is more to running a great government and making lives better in the country than all these stories of loot loot loot.

2 Likes

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by nwakibie3(m): 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
Immediately I saw Lai's name I stopped reading.
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by ChappyChase: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
*checks name of the messenger, hiss and walks out thread without reading!*
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by faruku104(m): 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
am pro buhari but this no concern me.... utilize the one u have recovered so far...
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by loomer: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
Make I hear word jare, I want the names of the criminals no be all these nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by seunlayi(m): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
Until you started probing apc members, I won't believe this to be a war against Koropson

1 Like

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
J
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by youngeagle(m): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
Give them 30yrs they will still be recovering loot while the economy and Unity of the country crumbles.
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by truthspeaks: 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
Tip of d iceberg yet can't fully account for it...Apc pls do n be booted out
Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by seunlayi(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
Only zombies from the north will believe this, zombies in the south won't believe it

1 Like

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by Inspectahdeck(m): 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
The problem with Nigerians is we love show off. Even the poor constantly dream of when they will buga people.

With this sense of reasoning, corruption or embezzlement (not hard work) comes to most individual's mind at any point in time and the poor worship the rich not minding the source of wealth.

I always wonder how people sleep at night and move around at day time knowing that they are the cause of our problem and the reason most people beg.

2 Likes

Re: Loot Recovered So Far, Tip Of Iceberg – FG by phollybee(m): 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
Sai Baba

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna Residents Lament Persistent Increase In Prices Of Commodities / Coscharis Warehouse On Fire In Lagos / House Of Reps Grill Kemi Adeosun & Others Over Nonpayment Of Pensioners(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.