Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) - Business To Business (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) (220706 Views)

Palm Oil Supply Within Lagos / Palm Oil Supply Business / Do U Have A Supply To Make, Do U Need Funds? I Will Funds U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by princetx(m): 11:09am On Jun 12, 2019
This big plastic drum, when it is filled with oil, how do you carry such a heavy drum to the bus for transporting?
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by princetx(m): 11:13am On Jun 12, 2019
Again, when the oil at the bottom side of the plastic drum thickens, how do desolve it and pour it out, considering the fact that the drum has only two small openings.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by kisszhira(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
princetx:
Again, when the oil at the bottom side of the plastic drum thickens, how do desolve it and pour it out, considering the fact that the drum has only two small openings.

Bros,use kegs to store to avoid all these your aforementioned issues.

1 Like

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by princetx(m): 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
kisszhira:

Bros,use kegs to store to avoid all these your aforementioned issues.

OK, thank you. When you go to buy oil with kegs, do you go with BIG 25 litres or the SMALL 25 litres?
Will the sellers not notice the BIG keg and complain? If you go to sell with the SMALL keg, won't the buyer notice and complain?
Sorry for all the questions ooo
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by kisszhira(m): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
princetx:

OK, thank you. When you go to buy oil with kegs, do you go with BIG 25 litres or the SMALL 25 litres?
Will the sellers not notice the BIG keg and complain? If you go to sell with the SMALL keg, won't the buyer notice and complain?
Sorry for all the questions ooo

When i bought,the buyers bargain with the sellers based on the kegs of the sellers. When you turn the oil to yours,whether it filled it or not is not the sellers concern. You pay him/her based on the bargained price. If your(the buyer) own gallon is bigger,then you may need to buy some bottles to use and fill it up... Likewise if your own keg/gallon is smaller,then you will need to turn the remaining oil into another gallon of yours because you paid for the remaining oil...na your property.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by princetx(m): 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
kisszhira:

When i bought,the buyers bargain with the sellers based on the kegs of the sellers. When you turn the oil to yours,whether it filled it or not is not the sellers concern. You pay him/her based on the bargained price. If your(the buyer) own gallon is bigger,then you may need to buy some bottles to use and fill it up... Likewise if your own keg/gallon is smaller,then you will need to turn the remaining oil into another gallon of yours because you paid for the remaining oil...na your property.

Thank you.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by princetx(m): 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
kisszhira:

So during buying we must turn all the oil from the seller's keg to our own keg?

If I'm buying 10 keg can't I just give the seller my 10 empty keg and carry his own filled keg, pay him and go. Must we turn the oil to my own keg?
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by kisszhira(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2019
princetx:

So during buying we must turn all the oil from the seller's keg to our own keg?

If I'm buying 10 keg can't I just give the seller my 10 empty keg and carry his own filled keg, pay him and go. Must we turn the oil to my own keg?

Very possible if the seller agrees to collect your own keg. She may prefer her own keg due to personal reasons,then you don't have any other option...
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
Every dealer buying oil from the mill has a trained keg specifically for measuring oil.
I don't want to go into details of training the kegs, that should be left for another day.
it is necessary cos most oil have dirts settled at the bottom of kegs after two days, so if u buy 25litres from the mill, you expect to have less after refining or boiling off the dirt. To curb this, you train your kegs to contain extra 4-5litres so this can compensate for the deficit.
Most sellers will ask for additional 100-200 if you measuring with your kegs.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by iHart(m): 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
donparosky:
Every dealer buying oil from the mill has a trained keg specifically for measuring oil.
I don't want to go into details of training the kegs, that should be left for another day.
it is necessary cos most oil have dirts settled at the bottom of kegs after two days, so if u buy 25litres from the mill, you expect to have less after refining or boiling off the dirt. To curb this, you train your kegs to contain extra 4-5litres so this can compensate for the deficit.
Most sellers will ask for additional 100-200 if you measuring with your kegs.
Is 4-5litres possible? Well let's wait for another when you will lecture us on the "can training". Maybe we also look at the risk...
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by etiumo: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
6500 naira is now the price in my community. Oil content only. ETIM EKPO, Akwa ibom
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by kisszhira(m): 7:46pm On Jun 13, 2019
etiumo:
6500 naira is now the price in my community. Oil content only. ETIM EKPO, Akwa ibom

So at N6500, that means it's gradually rising
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by ify2016: 11:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
kisszhira:

So at N6500, that means it's gradually rising
I know that some people are always here to discourage people. Let me tell you guys truth, any year election was conducted, price of red oil always go very high later. Am not trying to make noise here,am here to inform & assure you that price of red oil price will be sold very high before 31st December 2019. I'm telling you from my experience. Buy oil now and store if you have the capital.
Good luck!!!
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by salamiwasiu: 4:44am On Jun 14, 2019
etiumo:
The truth of the matter is if I enter this village now may not see #6500 to buy because of many factors. Example If I need 200 kegs, can see few at that price next thing will be there is oil but my price is 7k or 7.5k, before you know things will change.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by iHart(m): 7:03am On Jun 14, 2019
ify2016:

I know that some people are always here to discourage people. Let me tell you guys truth, any year election was conducted, price of red oil always go very high later. Am not trying to make noise here,am here to inform & assure you that price of red oil price will be sold very high before 31st December 2019. I'm telling you from my experience. Buy oil now and store if you have the capital.
Good luck!!!
It is not entirely true. It will most likely happen when there is complete change in power. Buhari is still in power, the same govt, the same policy. Thing may not really change as such.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by TIBOT(f): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2019
my name is Emem Obot and i'm based in Akwa ibom State. i deal on supplies of palm oil and cotton bedsheets. you can reach me on 08068196900.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by megamart247(m): 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
iHart:
Presco and Okomu can not serve the ever increasing demand for oil. Despite the huge investment, demand is still high and will continue to increase because population is exploding everyday. even in Malaysia, price of oil is not static. Try to understand the dynamics, world wide the price changes with season. Price can't even remain at 5k for long because cost of processing the oil increases with time.

https://www.nairaland.com/5244916/cbn-disburses-n30-billion-oil

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Friday said it has disbursed the sum of N30 billion to oil palm producers across the country, Igbere TV reports.

The CBN says the initiative is aimed at ensuring massive production of the oil palms in the country.

Igbere TV reports that Governor of Central Bank, Godwin Emefiele, disclosed this at a meeting with stakeholders in the Oil Palm industry, in Abuja.

Emefiele also disclosed that the CBN had commenced investigations into the accounts of suspected palm oil smugglers, vowing to sanction culprits.

According to him, he was under a strict presidential directive that palm oil importation must stop and that his team at the CBN were determined to assist its producers to produce enough for local consumption and even export.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by iHart(m): 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2019
megamart247:

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Friday said it has disbursed the sum of N30 billion to oil palm producers across the country, Igbere TV reports.

The CBN says the initiative is aimed at ensuring massive production of the oil palms in the country.

Igbere TV reports that Governor of Central Bank, Godwin Emefiele, disclosed this at a meeting with stakeholders in the Oil Palm industry, in Abuja.

Emefiele also disclosed that the CBN had commenced investigations into the accounts of suspected palm oil smugglers, vowing to sanction culprits.

According to him, he was under a strict presidential directive that palm oil importation must stop and that his team at the CBN were determined to assist its producers to produce enough for local consumption and even export.

Seems the game is about to change

https://punchng.com/breaking-buhari-directs-cbn-to-blacklist-firms-importing-palm-oil-42-other-items/

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to blacklist any firm, its owner and top management caught smuggling or dumping any of the restricted 43 items into Nigeria.
The Presidential directive was disclosed by the CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele on Friday in Abuja during a meeting with oil palm producers.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by kisszhira(m): 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
megamart247:

They will steal all the money. Besides,even if it will work,it takes at least 2.5 yrs for the best of the oil palm species to start producing fruits. So,even if this will be a game changer(that's if the whole money aren't stolen),it will start taking effect from 3 yrs time.

1 Like

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by iHart(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
kisszhira:

They will steal all the money. Besides,even if it will work,it takes at least 2.5 yrs for the best of the oil palm species to start producing fruits. So,even if this will be a game changer(that's if the whole money aren't stolen),it will start taking effect from 3 yrs time.
funny enough, this was disclosed in a "meeting", not that it has been implemented. Is it CBN that will stop smuggling or customs?...
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by kisszhira(m): 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2019
iHart:

https://punchng.com/breaking-buhari-directs-cbn-to-blacklist-firms-importing-palm-oil-42-other-items/

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to blacklist any firm, its owner and top management caught smuggling or dumping any of the restricted 43 items into Nigeria.
The Presidential directive was disclosed by the CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele on Friday in Abuja during a meeting with oil palm producers.

How did they even come about the palm oil producers?? Is there any data detailing members of palm oil producers...what a funny country we found ourselves in. God help us

2 Likes

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 1:37am On Jun 15, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5244916/cbn-disburses-n30-billion-oil?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7760103417
mbok if you are here and have gotten a share of the national cake, feel free to just invite us for dinner. shameless politicians mtchwww
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 1:38am On Jun 15, 2019
kisszhira:

How did they even come about the palm oil producers?? Is there any data detailing members of palm oil producers...what a funny country we found ourselves in. God help us
dont mind them!!!
Palm Oil is the next big thing, that's the only positive side for hustlers like us

3 Likes

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by etiumo: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2019
THE LONG AWAITED SIGNAL FOR STORAGE HAS JUST BEEN TRIGERED. Price is about to kick up. This news is positive for Hoarders. So don't sell ur stored oil in a rush. INSTEAD RUSH AND BUY MORE OIL FOR STORAGE NOW
iHart:

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2019
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by kisszhira(m): 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2019
donparosky:
https://punchng.com/buhari-orders-cbn-to-blacklist-importers-of-palm-oil-42-other-items/

Are you ready!!!! Let's go there

It's like we are heading somewhere... Nice move!
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by iHart(m): 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2019
I am still skeptical about the effect of this news. Its one thing to say something, its another thing to implement it.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by RealityShot: 5:59am On Jun 16, 2019
donparosky:
https://www.nairaland.com/5244916/cbn-disburses-n30-billion-oil?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7760103417
mbok if you are here and have gotten a share of the national cake, feel free to just invite us for dinner. shameless politicians mtchwww
hello Sir, how much is it now , with/ without keg? thank you
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by princetx(m): 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2019
RealityShot:

Make una answer ooo
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 7:08am On Jun 18, 2019
RealityShot:
its currently 6800-7000 without kegs.
with kegs it's 8300-8500
God bless your hustles

2 Likes

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 7:09am On Jun 18, 2019
iHart:
I am still skeptical about the effect of this news. Its one thing to say something, its another thing to implement it.
lets hope and pray. the ripple effect of the news is already visible in the market.
congrats to those who had oil on ground already
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by udysweet(f): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2019
donparosky:
its currently 6800-7000 without kegs.
with kegs it's 8300-8500
God bless your hustles
this prices has been like this for well over 2 months. I guess then that all those forecasting made were wrong

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (134) (Reply)

Where to Get quality Grade A Okrika Bale / Introduce Your Business / Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.