Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,609 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Regionalism Better Than True Federalism - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Regionalism Better Than True Federalism (7983 Views)

Let Us Have Regionalism With FCT & Former Capitals Under The FG / True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. / Only True Federalism Can Resolve Nigeria’s Problems – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by pulsa(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kingspin:
If only is for your region not Nigeria then no need for Nigeria. existance. I dont see what is inside regionalism that good federal system cannot take care of for viable and rebust system to flow.. Moreover, nobody is taken any state from your region to elsewhere.
regionalism is best for our region
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by SuperS1Panther: 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
CyerSeries:
Why are you afraid of true federalism this Oshogbo tout? because you want to hide under your dilapidated brown roof in Oshogbo and claim Lagos. Why are you ashamed of your State of Osun this Oshogbo criminal? . Just fvck off my mention now angry

See vituperation from a pained Red Mudsters from the most gully eroded region on planet earth.

You do not want Regionalism because you are afraid of being deported back into your gully eroded land. Yes I am from Osun, but we do not wander around like the cursed descendants of Cain, bringing crimes and bad news to where they go to.

Meet me at Sailor's Club on Admiralty Way, tonight for a bottle of drink. That is my territory and my terrain. Still Proudly Osun!!

We are never like some deluded f00ls that want to kill themselves on a place where they have NO STAKE.

Regionalism is what we want for our region OR ONE NIGERIA CONTINUES. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by SuperS1Panther: 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kingspin:
Every state has something to development on. So let them go ahead and bring out their best. The same way we have Abuja, Lagos, portharcourt is developed, Ebony, Ekiti and Kogi could develop more than them. Is not new that Abuja has not develop states in Nigeria but it will become news if Every is Abuja or Dubai. So federalism mean well for Nigeria.

No Sir.

Our REGION wants REGIONALISM or ONE NIGERIA should continue.

PEople should not be afraid of going back to develop their regions is true federalism is as good as it sounds.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by CyerSeries: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

See vituperation from a pained Red Mudsters from the most gully eroded region on planet earth.

You do not want Regionalism because you are afraid of being deported back into your gully eroded land. Yes I am from Osun, but we do not wander around like the cursed descendants of Cain, bringing crimes and bad news to where they go to.

Meet me at Sailor's Club on Admiralty Way, tonight for a bottle of drink. That is my territory and my terrain. Still Proudly Osun!!

We are never like some deluded f00ls that want to kill themselves on a place where they have NO STAKE.

Regionalism is what we want for our region OR ONE NIGERIA CONTINUES. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by Kingspin(m): 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

No Sir.

Our REGION wants REGIONALISM or ONE NIGERIA should continue.

PEople should not be afraid of going back to develop their regions is true federalism is as good as it sounds.
What is one Nigeria? With federalism every state will develop more potentially as every individual state has something to attract developmemt accordingly. And so nobody is taken away your region or any state in your region.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
T9ksy:

Straight to the point!!

Even long before we got independence, the ibo.s have been blabbing away about their goal and destiny to emerge as the leading light in the forthcoming nation.

The first statement from Charles Onyeama, which was made in 1945, was the first overtly tribal and divisive comment that was made and recorded in the politics of southern Nigeria in our history.The second statement from Zik, which was made in 1949 succinctly denote Ibo's conceptualisation Of One (united) Nigeria. A nation in which they intend to be top-dog. Is it any wonder then that within 3months of their short term at the helm of our political affairs, the first thing they did was to centralised govt apparatus when it's clear to even the blind that, we are at that moment in our political sojourn in the wilderness, anything but united. Ironsi's decree 34 was ibo's final tool to actualise their "domination" streak, prophesy and ultimate agenda.

In these aforementioned period, the notion of biafra never came in to their heads, in fact, they physically opposed those who dared to disintegrate their dream "One Nigeria". However, the moment they lost out in the power struggle, they suddenly discover biafra. Typical, if these folks can't be in control, they destroy. Same way they destroyed the NYM simply because they were not allowed to have their own way by imposing their candidate, against all party policies, on the party.
Cc: Deadlytruth

1 Like

Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by SuperS1Panther: 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kingspin:
What is one Nigeria? With federalism every state will develop more potentially as every individual state has something to attract developmemt accordingly. And so nobody is taken away your region or any state in your region.

We need a constitution backed-up political structure to develop our region exponentially. Hence, our inclination towards REGIONALISM.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by Kingspin(m): 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Or separation. But you can develop Osun to world class tourist destination.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by SuperS1Panther: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kingspin:
Or separation. But you can develop Osun to world class tourist destination.

The same way you can sand fill the gully eroded land of Imo, Anambra and Enugu and build a world class tourist attraction there.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by Kingspin(m): 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Or separation. But you can develop Osun to world class tourist destination. And i paid you for just a day visit. Development has started.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by Kingspin(m): 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

The same way you can sand fill the gully eroded land of Imo, Anambra and Enugu and build a world class tourist attraction there.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
See why we need federalism. Stop eyeing one state for your feeding, every state can be viable and manage what they have without interference.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by SuperS1Panther: 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kingspin:
See why we need federalism. Stop eyeing one state for your feeding, every state can be viable and manage what they have without interference.

Stop eyeing one region for your feeding. Every Region has the tendency to be viable and even more states can be created that will guarantee more development.

Can you see why we need Regionalism and no Federalism based on present state structure?
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by Kingspin(m): 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Stop eyeing one region for your feeding. Every Region has the tendency to be viable and even more states can be created that will guarantee more development.

Can you see why we need Regionalism and no Federalism based on present state structure?
Base on the current structure both lazy states and Abuja is benefiting largly but with true federalism states wìll directly benefit because they manage and control what ever belong to them. Lazy ones will pick up become the gov. will pay himself not Abuja. Decentralization of power,responsibility and for development across. Your state and region develop and remains with you.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by SuperS1Panther: 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kingspin:
Base on the current structure both lazy states and Abuja is benefiting largly but with true federalism states wìll directly benefit because they manage and control what ever belong to them. Lazy ones will pick up become the gov. will pay himself not Abuja. Decentralization of power,responsibility and for development across. Your state and region develop and remains with you.

My only problem with that is the agitation for creation of more states will always be present and the ease of creation of more states will never be there.

With Regionalism, we can advocate for creation of state today and get it by tomorrow, because it s subjected to our Regional Constitution. In this correct contraption, do you think North will allow you to have more states than them?

With Regionalism, SS can have states carved out successfully for all its numerous ethnicities and this will guarantee peace and security in that Region. Likewise the northerners part where there are many ethnicities.

SAY NO TO FEDERALISM BASED ON STATE AND SAY YES TO FEDERALISM BASED ON REGION.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by Kingspin(m): 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

My only problem with that is the agitation for creation of more states will always be present and the ease of creation of more states will never be there.

With Regionalism, we can advocate for creation of state today and get it by tomorrow, because it s subjected to our Regional Constitution. In this correct contraption, do you think North will allow you to have more states than them?

With Regionalism, SS can have states carved out successfully for all its numerous ethnicities and this will guarantee peace and security in that Region. Likewise the northerners part where there are many ethnicities.

If you want more state that mean u qualify for it. If you more Local govt you get it because your state will pay workers and the other expense7 not using the money from Abuja again. Your own state can develop well and reduce power struggle and the rest. The main thing is to control ur earning and deveiop where you are and fit. The States and regions are still with us till today. The NE,SW, SE,SS.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by blackmatter007: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
CyerSeries:
Who told you Ebonyi has nothing? .. This is the reason I support true federalism where every State will fend for herself.. You think Ebonyi State can't survive on her own? .. Go and get your facts right. I'm from Ebonyi and I don't support regionalism, let every State fend for herself.. angry

I hope you saw the 'EG', i only used ebonyi as an example, i could as well use lagos in place of ebonyi.

Don't make a fuss outta nothing bruh.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by Ariani: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
989900E:
Reasons like everyone is sharing on this thread is the reason why I support putting federalism/regionalism on the back burner till we come out of this sinking recession. While a good thing, it is a huge distraction.

Imagine having a coming together of say 10 representatives from each state to discuss restructuring (regionalism or federalism), it will take light years before a peaceful common sense agreement can be reached.

BTW, I have a picture in my head where minimum wage is say in the N75,000 range in Lagos, Ondo, Rivers, or Akwa Ibom for example, and it is say in the N30,000 range in states like Nassarawa, Ebonyi, Kwara, Sokoto for example, that will surely spur massive migration.

Yea, and may be N500 in Osun and Ekiti, considering how Broke the two Yoruba states are.

You have a point, but that's life, all fingers can never be equal.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by Slikbae: 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
I see you like insulting igbos. I'm not Igbo, so no insults.

Kindly expatiate on the bolded.
SuperS1Panther:

Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by SuperS1Panther: 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
Slikbae:
I see you like insulting igbos. I'm not Igbo, so no insults.

Kindly expatiate on the bolded.[/b]

I do not like insulting them, likewise i do not take any insult from them lying low.

On the highlighted part, kindly go through the entire thread for my position on it.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by SuperS1Panther: 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kingspin:
If you want more state that mean u qualify for it. If you more Local govt you get it because your state will pay workers and the other expense7 not using the money from Abuja again. Your own state can develop well and reduce power struggle and the rest. The main thing is to control ur earning and deveiop where you are and fit. The States and regions are still with us till today. The NE,SW, SE,SS.

How has Lagos been able to create a state out of it and Kano has 2 states carved out of it already?

Creation of more states will be near impossible and development will be stunted.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by Kingspin(m): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

How has Lagos been able to create a state out of it and Kano has 2 states carved out of it already?

Creation of more states will be near impossible and development will be stunted.

The welfare, development and rule of laws is paramount. The well being of the population is first not state creation. We need a position where every section of Nigeria contribute to his state first, people and the nation by extension. I want my state to develop. Is not about state creation. Kano or Lagos will use their money for what ever reason, remember no FG money to share again by then.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by hub: 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
[url][/url]
pulsa:
With the recent spate of calls for true federalism from several quarters of the country, I took it pertinent to research its implication for the south west and I was not impressed.
There was one thing it required which should never be allowed to see the light of day; namely State of residency.
Federalism requires state of residency over the state of origin now used, as a Yoruba man this is tantamount to us committing suicide, imagining the massive immigration(invasion) into our region send shivers down my spine; seeing as it will most likely be far better than all other regions.
To this end I feel that regionalism will favour us south westerners seeing as it allows border control to a large extent, abi ki le ro (or what do you guys think).
cc: lalasticlala
How will the regions be shared, will the status quo remain as per first republic or the current six geopolitical zones? Will population be considered or size of land (sqkm) etc please elaborate.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by SuperS1Panther: 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kingspin:
The welfare, development and rule of laws is paramount. The well being of the population is first not state creation. We need a position where every section of Nigeria contribute to his state first, people and the nation by extension. I want my state to develop. Is not about state creation. Kano or Lagos will use their money for what ever reason, remember no FG money to share again by then.

Welfare, development and rule of law can be achieved under ONE NIGERIA too.

No matter the structure in place, whenever there is a sense of injustice, as seen in the case of 2 states being carved out old kano and none out of Lagos, such welfare, development and rule of law cannot be guaranteed as in the case of those Scavenger Terrorist.

The well being of the population and by extension the Nation cannot be guaranteed once there is a sense of injustice. The development of your state is very important to you and to others the development of our region through creation of more states under the region is more important to us.

SAY NO TO FEDERALISM UNDER THE PRESENT STATE STRUCTURE AND SAY YES TO REGIONALISM
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by Kingspin(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Welfare, development and rule of law can be achieved under ONE NIGERIA too.

No matter the structure in place, whenever there is a sense of injustice, as seen in the case of 2 states being carved out old kano and none out of Lagos, such welfare, development and rule of law cannot be guaranteed as in the case of those Scavenger Terrorist.

The well being of the population and by extension the Nation cannot be guaranteed once there is a sense of injustice. The development of your state is very important to you and to others the development of our region through creation of more states under the region is more important to us.

SAY NO TO FEDERALISM UNDER THE PRESENT STATE STRUCTURE AND SAY YES TO REGIONALISM
Nigeria can remain like this but let those that contribute more enjoy their resources back. Afterall, every state have something to contribute and produce feed the nation. The North is good in agric yet their leader said recently that no food in the land. Imagine if every state develop along this line.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by pulsa(m): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
hub:
[url][/url]
How will the regions be shared, will the status quo remain as per first republic or the current six geopolitical zones? Will population be considered or size of land (sqkm) etc please elaborate.
the current six geopolitical zones should be used and I believe that also answers the population question.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by SuperS1Panther: 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kingspin:
Nigeria can remain like this but let those that contribute more enjoy their resources back. Afterall, every state have something to contribute and produce feed the nation. The North is good in agric yet their leader said recently that no food in the land. Imagine if every state develop along this line.

ONE NIGERIA simply means the status quo must stand.

We have nothing to lose.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by IamJames: 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
pulsa:

You do know that the federal police will be filled by nepotism.

It may not necessarily be filled by nepotism. Each region can be asked to send a specified number of personnel from their regional police force to the federal police force.
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by pulsa(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
IamJames:

It may not necessarily be filled by nepotism. Each region can be asked to send a specified number of personnel from their regional police force to the federal police force.
and are you sure that will work
Re: Regionalism Better Than True Federalism by jrex(m): 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
blackmatter007:

Exactly bro but I'm in support of the op, regionalism is the way to go although it will be a bit of a stretch since we already have states, but then! Regionalism will bring bigger development, massive infrastructural projects, far better than most states can but most importantly it spreads development to other areas with little or no resources.

For example, enugu has massive oil and gas meanwhile ebonyi, the closest to enugu has nothing, the proceeds from the sales of oil and gas in enugu, after much agreed deductions can be used to fund infrastructural works, and developmental plans in ebonyi because they are in the same region.

But if it were states practicing true federalism, funds from enugu cannot be shared with ebonyi rather after much agreed deductions, the rest goes to the FG leaving ebonyi to her faith. Thereby making some states super richer than the others and also limiting development to some part of the country.

Now can you see the disadvantage of "state true federalism"

Regionalism is the way to go so I'm with the op, tho not because of his stated concerns.

Edit

Ebonyi and enugu was only used as examples.
A user attacked me for saying ebonyi has no resources so i had to make this disclaimer.

Please if Enugu share it resources/revenue with ebonyi state, how will the federal be carried along in the sharing formula? Or is there no federal government in regionalism?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BUSTED! Buhari's 'picture' In London Today FAKE - Pics / See What Was Written On A 1000 Naira Note That Was Paid To Me Today in Lagos / No School Enrolment For Children Without Birth Certificate — Governor Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.