Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue (29603 Views)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / Lady Shows The N1000 Note Dispensed To Her By An ATM In Lagos / See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
God bless you OP let me share.
story 1
this punk was next so tye nigga takes his sweet easy time walking step by step, takes his sweet easy time every thing in slow mode he take about 30 mins to take out his ATMcard and slot it in. And tye nigga just withdrew 1k

Story 2
This fool was tryna withdraw money then when the machine reads thay it cant print a slip then prompts if he wants to continue the fool will say no and restart the process. I noticed what was up and made a suggestion. That nigga starta talking shìt and accuses me of spying on his broke ass SMH

1 Like

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by lumeneng22: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
The one that will come and give his card to somebody in front of the queue to help him withdraw.
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by coelink: 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
The one that will intentionally use the atm that is dispensing to make transfers where as other machines are available...e dy vex ne die

1 Like

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by skelewu404(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
bqlekan:
I know someone who checks her nairaland mentions on the ATM cheesy

Don't quote me
Linus how far now
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by goldfish80(m): 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
You didn't add those who will give you their atm card and pin begging you to help them withdraw because a cousin is probably on life support on one of the hospitals so he needs the cash urgently.
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by MakaveliTheDon(m): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
Horlawoomey:

You forgot to add Mr Fast finger.

He withdraw from the ATM in less than 45 seconds that others start asking if the ATM is paying at all. That's where I belong.

Good work naijasingle
sometimes when I see Simi singing, you comes to mind.
jeeez small small now bruvh *you comes to my mind*
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by bolivnnaija: 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
Project400:
No. 7 though grin grin
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by ceeSleek(m): 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
You forgot the,

* 'Allen Berry *flash* category: These set of people are so fast, you'll start wondering if they had already started practising the keys at home before coming, they could operate the machines blindfolded, they withdraw in less than 30secs.
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Rick9(m): 9:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
And those people that request for receipt and won't bother to read it, thereby littering the whole premises with papers. I don't need the receipts.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Horlawoomey(m): 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
MakaveliTheDon:
jeeez small small now bruvh *you comes to my mind*

I will appreciate your correction more, don't just point to the mistake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Deejaygold(m): 10:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
Numbers 7 Gidi gan o! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Engineermbugame(m): 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
My group is not here,i rember d time my clients gave me his atm to withdraw money ,we will use to pay workers 40k,instead of 40 thousand i press 20k 2 times .
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Progress2468(m): 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
How about the people that withdraw and still cheek account balance with d ATM when the SMS alert will still carry ur a/c balance

1 Like

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by ajebuter(f): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
And last but not the least...

The ones who would make sure to check their balance and deliberately let the next person on the queue see her balance especially if the balance is very healthy and then walk away with a swagger that say: yeah.. that's my money.. what can you do about it...

That's my category..

#runs outfast#

3 Likes

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Iseoluwani: 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
Horlawoomey:

You forgot to add Mr Fast finger.

He withdraw from the ATM in less than 45 seconds that others start asking if the ATM is paying at all. That's where I belong.

Good work naijasingle
sometimes when I see Simi singing, you come to mind.

Everyone z claiming fast finger. God knows your house address
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by hardeydhoying(m): 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

6. Mr Trust Issues

The old man that feels everyone on the queue is a thief on a mission to memorise his ATM pin. He positions himself in a way that his entire body completely covers the ATM. He never fails to curse anyone that comes five metres close to him.

The Old man will be like this ⬇

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by folahann(m): 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
The one that will never queue. They will arrive and go and stand at the front. Trying to outsmart everyone.
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by kelspascal(m): 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Olusharp:
wetin wan Carry person go Atm during this season wey money no dey...
anybody to bless me with 10k?

send you account number
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by waxdude: 11:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
No 4 shaaaaaa dt one can vex ehhhhhhhh, imagine u hv just 1k to withdraw...u go begin pray make d money no finish angry
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 08, 2016
armadeo:

Am also a fast finger person.

I am irritated when folks spend time at the atm. They get confused when it says how much do you want to withdraw as if they don't know how much they have.

Jeez!!!. Decide before you get There. I can't count how many times I've paid can to use an empty atm becaue the folks are queued up and wasting time.
That's if the atm doesn't start shocking you. Seriously why do atm machine shock people sometimes. I almost got electrocuted. angry

1 Like

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 08, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
#TeamATMClassPrefect grin

I hate snails on the ATM! Lord! Even if it's 100K you're withdrawing you should do so in less than 5 minutes. Lol. You didn't add the Space bookers.

10. Spacebookers
They book space on all the 4 ATM queues. "Who's the last person here? You? Ok I'm behind you. Lemme check smtn. I'm coming." Then they move to the next...and the next and the next. Others come with their siblings. Like 4 siblings. With one ATM. Just position them in all the lines. grin
I and my elder sister are guilty of this
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Jok3r(m): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I am very calculative of the times I make use of an ATM. If it's not very early in the morning, I don't bother except it's an emergency cos the last thing I want is to meet a queue. A queue containing one or more of these characters.

1 Mr Miracle
This one has 380.36 in his account yet he slots in his card at least five times to withdraw 5K, hoping for a miracle. He doesn't leave the ATM until he is certain 'insufficient funds' is spelt correctly. I met one like that last month. He kept reinserting his card and on a closer inspection, I found out he was trying to withdraw N400!

2 Mr Grumpy
This one is fond of picking quarrels with the ATM. Even though the machine keeps reading his pin is incorrect or his card has expired, he keeps swearing. Often times, he reports the ATM to the next person on the queue. Like we care!

3 Mr Meticulous
The is that guy that adds stew to his jollof rice. He is the annoying guy dude counts and confirms every single note of his money before exiting for the next person as if he can beat up the ATM if N20 is missing. Nigerians and their trust issues though.

4 Mr Chief/ Mr Thief
This one acts as if the world is ending. He is on a mission to drain the ATM. You think he wants to withdraw his whole life savings. He is either a wealthy person or one of those scammers that stole someone's debit card. At a point, the 2K people like us starts begging him not to exhaust all the cash in the ATM.

5 ATM Class Prefect
This impatient guy on the queue is usually the last to arrive but assumes anybody that spends more than five seconds at the ATM is an illiterate. He moves from the beginning of the extreme, grumbling and hastening everyone. If you spend more than 5 seconds, he'll walk up to you and offer to help you operate the ATM even when you are not an illiterate.

6 Mr Trust Issues

The old man that feels everyone on the queue is a thief on a mission to memorise his ATM pin. He positions himself in a way that his entire body completely covers the ATM. He never fails to curse anyone that comes five metres close to him.

7 Mrs Clueless

This is that old woman that has been practising how to use an ATM for the past 5 years. If you take a closer look at what she's doing, you would discover each time the machine reads "Would you like to continue, Yes or No", she smiles and does nothing.

8 Mr Unemployed

He has no money to withdraw but he joins the queue with four of his ATM card with the intention of checking their various balance. He eventually recharges N100 with quickteller and walks away with his head held high.

9 Mr Questioner

This one is always asking questions. He doesn't care if you came to use the ATM or not! He's always asking, "Is it paying?", "Which bank are you using?" "Have you withdrawn?"

I hope I didn't omit any category? I'm not sure where I belong but my worst fear is when I sight Mrs Clueless in front of me. You?

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/9-annoying-sets-nigerians-youd-meet-atm-queue/

am quiet sure i fall under no 4.... lol.. yeye gal u no well...
wat of u wey dey analysise all dis nd u no fall under any.. babe u high
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:56am On Jul 08, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I am very calculative of the times I make use of an ATM. If it's not very early in the morning, I don't bother except it's an emergency cos the last thing I want is to meet a queue. A queue containing one or more of these characters.

1 Mr Miracle
This one has 380.36 in his account yet he slots in his card at least five times to withdraw 5K, hoping for a miracle. He doesn't leave the ATM until he is certain 'insufficient funds' is spelt correctly. I met one like that last month. He kept reinserting his card and on a closer inspection, I found out he was trying to withdraw N400!

2 Mr Grumpy
This one is fond of picking quarrels with the ATM. Even though the machine keeps reading his pin is incorrect or his card has expired, he keeps swearing. Often times, he reports the ATM to the next person on the queue. Like we care!

3 Mr Meticulous
The is that guy that adds stew to his jollof rice. He is the annoying guy dude counts and confirms every single note of his money before exiting for the next person as if he can beat up the ATM if N20 is missing. Nigerians and their trust issues though.

4 Mr Chief/ Mr Thief
This one acts as if the world is ending. He is on a mission to drain the ATM. You think he wants to withdraw his whole life savings. He is either a wealthy person or one of those scammers that stole someone's debit card. At a point, the 2K people like us starts begging him not to exhaust all the cash in the ATM.

5 ATM Class Prefect
This impatient guy on the queue is usually the last to arrive but assumes anybody that spends more than five seconds at the ATM is an illiterate. He moves from the beginning of the extreme, grumbling and hastening everyone. If you spend more than 5 seconds, he'll walk up to you and offer to help you operate the ATM even when you are not an illiterate.

6 Mr Trust Issues

7 Mrs Clueless

This is that old woman that has been practising how to use an ATM for the past 5 years. If you take a closer look at what she's doing, you would discover each time the machine reads "Would you like to continue, Yes or No", she smiles and does nothing.

8 Mr Unemployed

He has no money to withdraw but he joins the queue with four of his ATM card with the intention of checking their various balance. He eventually recharges N100 with quickteller and walks away with his head held high.

9 Mr Questioner

This one is always asking questions. He doesn't care if you came to use the ATM or not! He's always asking, "Is it paying?", "Which bank are you using?" "Have you withdrawn?"

I hope I didn't omit any category? I'm not sure where I belong but my worst fear is when I sight Mrs Clueless in front of me. You?

Yes you missed one category

Miss Complainer
This one is a Naijasinglegirl that would go on Nairaland to list all the kinds of people who withdraw at an ATM machine. I wonder how she got to know all the kinds of people on an ATM queue if the only time she ends up on a queue is during an emergency ATM withdrawal. I tend to wonder just how many emergencies she has had to deal with in her lifetime.
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 08, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

1 Mr Miracle

2 Mr Grumpy

3 Mr Meticulous

4 Mr Chief/ Mr Thief

5 ATM Class Prefect

6 Mr Trust Issues

7 Mrs Clueless

8 Mr Unemployed

9 Mr Questioner

Lol. Madam well done! I don dey expect your thread since. Nigerians can frustrate the hell outta you at the ATM especially the old folks.
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by kajoula(m): 9:29am On Jul 08, 2016
OP forgot to mention some light skinned men with big foot.

They don't really know how to operate the ATM Machine but they are the sturbborn type i've ever seen.
they stay there pressing the wrong bottom, until the security man will come help them out.
these set of people believes evryone behind them is a thief.
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by njuwo(m): 9:30am On Jul 08, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

1 Mr Miracle

2 Mr Grumpy

3 Mr Meticulous

4 Mr Chief/ Mr Thief

5 ATM Class Prefect

6 Mr Trust Issues

7 Mrs Clueless

8 Mr Unemployed

9 Mr Questioner

You omitted one, the "are you the last person crew."

1 Like

Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by Daniyomex(m): 9:50am On Jul 08, 2016
Halarious!!!
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by papinx(m): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2016
grin
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by papinx(m): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2016
Daniyomex:
Halarious!!!
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by papinx(m): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2016
Deejaygold:
Numbers 7 Gidi gan o! grin grin grin
Re: 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue by roughneck: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2016
sometimes I seem to think some people see an ATM machine as a personal computer or an arcade game.. dey will keep pressing buttons for eternity without one shishi coming out.. I go just weak

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Builds N1.2bn Business School In Bayero University Kano / 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 / Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.