Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

5 Questions For Atheists - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Questions For Atheists (7065 Views)

Questions For Atheists / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Question For Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
urahara:

Douay version ko. Muay thai version ni

Chuwg erets was written in the original hebrew manuscripts mind you

Lolz anyway as i have said earlier I'm not here to argue Bible with anybody i don't believe in quoting Bible verses to Atheists. I will tackle you with science. donnffd made me to digress.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by urahara(m): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

Lolz anyway as i have said earlier I'm not here to argue Bible with anybody i don't believe in quoting Bible verses to Atheists. I will tackle you with science. donnffd made me to digress.

You will tackle me with science.... cool

........... Bring it on chika. smiley
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
urahara:

You will tackle me with science.... cool

........... Bring it on chika. smiley

Yes, but i won't post it here. because i want a larger audience. Most of your friends @hardmirror and jonnydon22 are not viewing this current thread. I will create a new thread to post it. I will drop the link here
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by urahara(m): 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

Yes, but i won't post it here. because i want a larger audience. Most of your friends @hardmirror and jonnydon22 are not viewing this current thread. I will create a new thread to post it. I will drop the link here

With the way u are talking it seems like the thread wont be created any time soon. cool
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by wirinet(m): 6:56am On Jun 18, 2016
Dejideji1:

Bro, are you a comedian? because i can't see the sense you are trying to make out of that comment above. Look at how you are speaking authoritatively as if you were there with him when he got the inspiration.

do you want to tell me that you don't know what it means to be "above the circle of the earth"? That statement means outside the earth. This was written in ancient times remember and the writer tried his best to put it down in the way he could understand the message. And I think that statement is explanatory enough you can give it to someone else and see how they will Interprete it.

You are only clutching straws. You are only attempting to bend an obvious view point to fit into your dogma. For someone to sit on the circle of the circle of the earth looking at people looking like grasshoppers below and the sky looking like tent above can never refer to looking at the earth from space. From space you would not see people below.

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 8:16am On Jun 18, 2016
wirinet:

You are only clutching straws. You are only attempting to bend an obvious view point to fit into your dogma. For someone to sit on the circle of the circle of the earth looking at people looking like grasshoppers below and the sky looking like tent above can never refer to looking at the earth from space. From space you would not see people below.

Your understanding of the scripture is very very shallow. you are reading the Bible like your conventional textbooks. Well let me tell you something you may not know, the word of God is filled with riddles so it requires understanding for proper interpretation. Why do you think most men of God say we should pray for understanding of the word of God?

To further buttress my point, if you read through the new testaments you will notice that Jesus spoke in parables and most times he had to explain what he meant when his disciples couldn't understand. So bro the word of God is filled with riddles, it's not straight forward like your textbooks.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by ettaetta(m): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Weah96:

Religion. There is no incentive to correct bad leadership if the invisible man in the sky promised others that he will punish them after death.

Adherents of religion claim that they are merely passing through earth and this life. Home is somewhere after death.

So who is causing bad leadership? The people who believe that there are mansions in the sky waiting on them.
you are just saying what you dont know, even as an atheist am sure you cant deny that the world would be a better place if everyone follows the teachings in the Bible
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by cloudgoddess(f): 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dejideji1:

Your understanding of the scripture is very very shallow. you are reading the Bible like your conventional textbooks. Well let me tell you something you may not know, the word of God is filled with riddles so it requires understanding for proper interpretation. Why do you think most men of God say we should pray for understanding of the word of God?

To further buttress my point, if you read through the new testaments you will notice that Jesus spoke in parables and most times he had to explain what he meant when his disciples couldn't understand. So bro the word of God is filled with riddles, it's not straight forward like your textbooks.
Any book supposedly authored by the all-powerful creator of the entire universe should not rely on subjective interpretations. It should speak for itself, clear as day.

The fact that it can't, as you've shown here, is obvious proof that the men who wrote it were not enlightened by any supernatural all-knowing being. It came from their own 1st century, ancient barbaric & unfathomably ignorant minds.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Check this link
https://www.nairaland.com/3174018/what-renowned-physicists-say-gods

If the link doesn't work, check my profile page for the topic "what renowned physicists say about God's existence"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
urahara:

With the way u are talking it seems like the thread wont be created any time soon. cool

Click the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/3174018/what-renowned-physicists-say-gods

If it doesn't work, check my profile page
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
Other Atheist, click the link above
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by wirinet(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
ettaetta:
you are just saying what you dont know, even as an atheist am sure you cant deny that the world would be a better place if everyone follows the teachings in the Bible

Greatest fallacy of the the last 20 centuries.

Leviticus 20:10
New International Version
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

[i ]Deut. 21:18-21 [/i]
"If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, 19 then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gateway of his home town. 20 "And they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ 21 "Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear of it and fear.

Genesis 38:6-10
6 Judah got a wife for Er, his firstborn, and her name was Tamar. 7 But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death.

8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother. ” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight ; so the Lord put him to death also.

If we follow these Bible teachings, the world would be a terrible place.

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by ettaetta(m): 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
wirinet:

Greatest fallacy of the the last 20 centuries.

Leviticus 20:10
New International Version
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

[i ]Deut. 21:18-21 [/i]
"If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, 19 then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gateway of his home town. 20 "And they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ 21 "Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear of it and fear.

Genesis 38:6-10
6 Judah got a wife for Er, his firstborn, and her name was Tamar. 7 But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death.

8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother. ” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight ; so the Lord put him to death also.

If we follow these Bible teachings, the world would be a terrible place.
the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

If you love your neighbor as much as you love yourself you will not commit adultery with his wife, you will not want to harm or cheat him, or kill him or steal from him. And wont want what is his and so on,

i still stand on this saying that the world would be a better place if everyone follows the teachings in the Bible
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by ettaetta(m): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dejideji1:
The level of ignorance of these Atheists on NL still baffles me, and the fact that we are even in Africa Where the practice of witchcraft/sorcery is very common makes it more flabagasting.
I know they don't believe in it even though their exploits are so glaring for all to see. But simply because it has no scientific proof they say it doesn't exist.
I watched a live camera recording mounted in a police car chasing a robber somewhere in the US. after a long Chase, the car of the robber vanished into thing air. the police were shell shocked as they just couldn't figure out what happened and they lost the robber. The video is on YouTube and it has had several million views. so far, nobody as been able to explain the trick he used.

There are many more occurrences like that, that defiles natural laws. That is to show that there is more to this world than you can see. And most of those things can not be scientifically proven.
most of the so called atheist here know the truth. They are only hiding from it,

most of them use science to backup their belief. There in no scientific evidence that proves Magic exists, in fact there is no scientific evidence proving the supernatural exists. The supernatural does not lend itself to the scientific method. This does not mean the supernatural does not exist.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Pharoahhhhhh: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
I have read through all the pages, so far none of the so called Atheists has been able to answer any of this questions
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by winner01(m): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
sirthisthickkal:

Do you support fossils record?
What does the fossil record show. Millions and millions of predicted missing links? undecided

Maybe this link will help you: https://www.nairaland.com/2917639/much-better-explanation-evolution

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by winner01(m): 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
cloudgoddess:

It should speak for itself, clear as day..
Naah, it would be so ambiguos that humans will have to reach for something unusual to get it.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by winner01(m): 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
frank317:

ten percent of ur income will always be at stake.
I would gladly give that 10% to the house of God and to the needy for the rest of my life. wink
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by yimnansunny: 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
ettaetta:
Five Questions for Atheists. l'l go straight to the point.

1.What caused the universe to exist?

2 What is the Evidence for Evolution?

3 how do we account for the origin of diffrent languages spoken by humans?

4 Why do we not see humans being born in the zoos from monkeys if we came from monkeys or apes?

5 what evidence can you offer that God does not exist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Why Did The Crowd Choose Barabbas Over Jesus? / Let's Talk Pantheism , Shall We ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.