Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Understanding Nigerian Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Understanding Nigerian Women (1766 Views)

Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. / Understanding Nigerian Men As South African Women / Thread For Non Nigerian Women Who Have Succesful Relationships With Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Nigerian Women by superdave: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2009
Help me with this topic: What do Nigerian women expect from a  man? And what exactly is the ideal body type?
I am from the US and I cannot understand Nigerian women. Everything is different than what I am used to. First even when searching for a woman, I am at odds as to what is considered an "ideal woman". Lets start with body type. I know that everyone is comparatively different, but for the main part I would consider that an American male would prefer to find a woman that is "thicker" than what is considered ideal here locally. Myself and all of my friends all have discussed this at length and would like to see woman not as thin and with a little more "junk in the trunk" ( a larger yet "fit" rear end). Although I can admit that I am not "well traveled" here in Nigeria, as have hitting every hot spot to check out the local talent.  I have been able to meet quite a few exceptional women. The funniest part is seeing what Nigerian men see as the hottest woman they know is as skinny as a rail.  I marvel at this and have had many discussions over this issue.  What say you
The second issue is what motivates Nigerian women.  One of the main turnoffs is the subject of money.  Asking for money even if it is small, while locally seems to be expected, I find that requests such as this is an insult.  After many attempts, I finally found a Nigerian girl who was so sweet. The thing that I found most striking is her caring and nurturing nature.  Yet to to this day she has never brought up the " money" subject. She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.  Oh what a find, but I ask myself,why was it so hard to find a Nigerian woman who honestly not interested in money. Or is it that she is truly clever at hiding it? What say you It is not that I do not intend to take care of her in every way, but when it comes to money I even think that if anything she should be paying me !!!  smiley[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by TOPE20001(f): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2009
I would have loved to read what u wrote but i cant be bothered . . . . . .ever heard of paragraphs undecided
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by blackmann(m): 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2009
Why are u complaining after u've found wat u're looking for? and by the way, i might say u were not looking well. we have many ladies with "junk in the trunk" as u say it. the average nigerian babe has a very nice rear end.
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Secretz(f): 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2009
You finished ranting? grin
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Magz(m): 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2009
Women come flat out asking you for money?

That is a turn-off, an insult and a red flag!
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by iice(f): 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2009
Secretz:

You finished ranting? grin

grin grin

@OP
Ever heard of preferences? wink
As for the money issue, you've found your worthy babe. Liff the others shiorr grin
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by forbidden5(m): 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2009
blackmann,

you havent been looking, most of ur 9ja girls no fine n them flat. Dem no get "junk in the trunk" I have been on the look out and see flat assess everywhere.

South African ladies give the best back. Its a natural thing for them. Why do you think aids is high there? You go bang that ass die
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by blackmann(m): 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2009
forbidden5:

blackmann,

you havent been looking, most of your 9ja girls no fine n them flat. Dem no get "junk in the trunk" I have been on the look out and see flat assess everywhere.

South African ladies give the best back. Its a natural thing for them. Why do you think aids is high there? You go bang that ass die

Then u've been looking in the wrong places mate. or maybe my version of ur so-called "junk in the trunk" is different from yours.
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by superdave: 12:39am On Aug 30, 2009
When I say junk in the trunk I mean one that looks like Beyonce!
There is no mistaking that my friend! But so much for thinking I found a nice girl though, she just called me and was very drunk and could barely speak. Darn back to square one. Maybe the best place to look in inside church. Maybe my Beyonce would be there.
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Magz(m): 1:01am On Aug 30, 2009
superdave:

Maybe the best place to look in inside church.

@ Church

Christianity in Africa is a strange paradox.

Africans used to fight to the death to avoid converting to the "pagan" religion for many centuries. Now you readily accept it without question! The same Christianity that was used to justify the enslavement and murder of millions upon millions of Blacks during the African-American Holocaust,

And we've all seen the effects of Christianity on the Universal Black Liberation struggle, how Black Christians have been propogandized against their brothers,  The way that Black Christianity has been manipulated to keep the masses of Black people in America passive, dormant, and divided against other Blacks who face the same delimnas but share different faiths.

We've read the works and listened to the speeches of Malcolm X (I hope), who tells us the truth of the matter, that Christians and Muslims will be pitted against eachother for the sake of bloodshed and diversion from the real issues of the day. It seems that the same tactics are used in Nigeria. The same things that occured in America in the 1960's,  the same problems coming to pass for Africans globally, just the way that Malcolm predicted they would be if Black people don't unite regardless of nationality, economic status, and religion / denomination. It is very evident!

Sorry to get off topic, but this is a very pressing and important issue,
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 30, 2009
What is really your question?

Anyway, sorry, the church is not the place for junk in the trunk admiring. tongue Better find your square root. cool
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 30, 2009
@ Magz

Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Magz(m): 1:28am On Aug 30, 2009
^^Black Nationalism^^

"Whether you are a Christian, or a Muslim, or a Nationalist, we all have the same problem, They don't hang you because you're a Baptist; they hang you 'cause you're black. They don't attack me because I'm a Muslim; they attack me 'cause I'm black. They attack all of us for the same reason; all of us catch hell from the same enemy. We're all in the same bag, in the same boat. We suffer political oppression, economic exploitation, and social degradation -- all of them from the same enemy.

And once we see that all these other sources to which we've turned have failed, we stop turning to them and turn to ourselves. We need a self-help program, a do-it-yourself philosophy, a do-it-right-now philosophy, a it's-already-too-late philosophy. This is what you and I need to get with, and the only time -- the only way we're going to solve our problem is with a self-help program. Before we can get a self-help program started we have to have a self-help philosophy.

Black Nationalism is a self-help philosophy. What's so good about it? You can stay right in the church where you are and still take Black Nationalism as your philosophy. You can stay in any kind of civic organization that you belong to and still take black nationalism as your philosophy. You can be an atheist and still take black nationalism as your philosophy. This is a philosophy that eliminates the necessity for division and argument. 'Cause if you're black you should be thinking black, and if you are black and you're not thinking black at this late date, well I'm sorry for you!

Once you change your philosophy, you change your thought pattern. Once you change your thought pattern, you change your attitude. Once you change your attitude, it changes your behavior pattern and then you go on into some action. As long as you got a sit-down philosophy, you'll have a sit-down thought pattern, and as long as you think that old sit-down thought you'll be in some kind of sit-down action. They'll have you sitting in everywhere. It's not so good to refer to what you're going to do as a "sit-in." That right there castrates you. Right there it brings you down. What -- What goes with it? What -- Think of the image of someone sitting. An old woman can sit. An old man can sit. A chump can sit. A coward can sit. Anything can sit. Well you and I been sitting long enough, and it's time today for us to start doing some standing, and some fighting to back that up. "

- Hon. El-Hajj Mailik El-Shabazz, bka Malcolm X
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Magz(m): 2:04am On Aug 30, 2009
"A real black girl's what I want and what I need,.,.  Got a mind like Assatta, a body like Trina, and a heart like my Mama! Nigga, tell me; Have you seen her?" - dead prez, from the song "Real Black Girls (Revolutionary Love)"
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by C2H5OH(f): 3:54am On Aug 30, 2009
@ magz .

topic,

not a one size fits all.

in general, understanding women is not an easy task at all.
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Nobody: 3:55am On Aug 30, 2009
Yawn

Scratches my ass and leaves thread
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by africhika(f): 3:56am On Aug 30, 2009

Quote from Magz « #14 on: Today at 02:04:21 AM »

"A real black girl's what I want and what I need,.,.  Got a mind like Assatta, a body like Trina, and a heart like my Mama! Nigga, tell me; Have you seen her?" - dead prez, from the song "Real Black Girls (Revolutionary Love)"

dead prez is itttt! whatchu know about prez?  cheesy[quote][/quote]
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by kellorah: 4:03am On Aug 30, 2009
Basically, he was hoping to meet his own Beyonce?! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Keep searching.
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by C2H5OH(f): 4:08am On Aug 30, 2009
kellorah:

Basically, he was hoping to meet his own Beyonce?! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Keep searching.
grin grin grin

FL Gators:

Yawn

Scratches my ass and leaves thread
That's very unladylike. Why you get kraw kraw for yansh. Go scrub that thing na
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 30, 2009
rotflmao grin Come and scrub it off grin Using that hard cracked wire looking lips of yours tongue
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by kellorah: 4:12am On Aug 30, 2009
OMDayz, u guys r gross!! tongue
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Magz(m): 4:28am On Aug 30, 2009
africhika:

dead prez is itttt! whatchu know about prez? cheesy

I listen to dead prez almost everyday. Been rockin wit them since middle school.

I see you are into Fela as well. You odviously have a fly taste in music. cool

stillwater link=topic=316690.msg4449225#msg4449225 date=1251590658:

Anyway, sorry, the church is not the place for junk in the trunk admiring. tongue

Hahahaha This is hilarious! grin
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by C2H5OH(f): 4:30am On Aug 30, 2009
my cracked lips aren't as bad as the disgusting canker sores scattered all over your buttocks nau.
it's good to shower once in a while you hear, flators
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 30, 2009
Thanks oh, I hear you loud and clear. I'll change my routine from 12times/year to 24times/year embarassed embarassed
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by C2H5OH(f): 4:34am On Aug 30, 2009
lmpo, i was only kidding o sorry. lof you too as you people say
lmao
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 30, 2009
mtchewwwww. angry
Make I no expose your own fear of water/soap for here
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by superdave: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2009
@magz--when u get a chance, listen to the "Game", perhaps " %^^$ jesse Jackson cause it ain't about race now" might ring your bell .

Back on subject, Yes why not church? Here in Nigeria, one remarkable thing is that Church, without a shadow of a doubt, is taken much more seriously. On a side note, I am living in PH and it is impossible to even get out over here without a lot of security. Going to church is out of the question.
And hell yes, took anther look, damn! , dem asses are looking flatter all the time. LOL
Over the last weekend there was a modeling contest, and yes of course the winners just happened to show up at my hotel for dinner. YEP, them asses were flat too. WTF
I think that here in Nigeria, they are looking at too many magazines from Paris depicting bone skinny women as the ideal body type. I am just trying to get the word out that them girls gotta have some "BACK"!!!
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by Magz(m): 1:24am On Aug 31, 2009
Send your shorty to "fat camp"

@ Jesse Jackson,
Re: Understanding Nigerian Women by THEAMAKA(f): 1:24am On Aug 31, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Is It Him Or Am I Tripping? / Sexkillz Help Me O / Guys Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.