Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,650 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists (47622 Views)

We Will Christianize Nigeria If Muslims Islamise the Country- Cardinal Onaiyekan / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by benghaziii: 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
eligibility:

The CAN of Osun chapter are very sentimental, bias and lack moral standard to call for wearing of church garment to school by the pupils.
HIJAB was ban in Lagos while having a Muslim as sitting governor but court injunction ruled in favour of the government pronouncement. Muslims in Lagos did not take any wrong or conflicting steps like that of Osun but rather take a redress at the appeal court.

Likewise in Osun state where the judgement is in fayour of the Muslim students. If the CAN leaders are wise enough, let them go to court rather than creating and constituting nuisance.

Mind you female Muslims are enjoins to wear hijab as contains in the Quran. Its stated in Quran chapter 24.
There is no record of dress code for Christian in the bible but i have seen hundreds of holy Mary pictures with hijab.

LEAVE MUSLIM ALONE WITH THEIR BELIEVES.
yimu.wear hijab na..shebi dey wan flaunt islam ni? make odas flaunt dem own na..as a traditional worshipper make i carry my igba n ofo come. this is a school nt a religious institutions. there is sumfin called homogeneity.u are come to learn nr showcase any religion..deeper life peeps get dress code na

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
buJu234:
Muslims too dey cause wahala everywhere..

from middle-east to north africa to the americas to europe to Nigeria..

wenti sef..

are they the only religion on Earth....

Its called religion of peace; yet mankind has not experienced Peace ever since they were founded in the Arabia desert.

WHYYYY

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by joseph1832(m): 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
CAN copying muslims since 1960, muslim go on Hajj, CAN invented their own.... it is a free world wear whatever you want, Muslims have a dress code your intolerance would not change that
You speak of intolerance, when you people don't even know the meaning of the word.

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by spartacusdove(m): 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
sunnydayasaba:

Bros, Nobody will stop any muslim student from wearing hijab to a private schools if the owners wants it, but not schools funded by tax payers money. Even d traditional worshippers pay taxes to govt for dis school, can they separate Christian, muslim, traditional tax payers money too? Reason now, school should be a place of learning not a place of worship.

But in this same govt schs funded by tax payer's money, xtians can coordinate assembly for three day while Muslims coordinate for two day. Are the traditional worshipers not paying tax?
why do we go to sch on friday and stay home on Sunday?
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wish I am frm that state I wud hv canvased 4 neckednes to skull too, afterall dis is democracy......... I WEEP 4 THIS NATION!
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by chemistry101: 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:
They should na. Who dey stop dem before

Buh let's see for how long it'll last.

Is this some sorta competition or what Muslims are known for wearing Hijabs. Whether they abuse it or not is no one's business. Let the kids be competitive in other areas of their lives, rather than in religious 'battles'

Can CAN be CANdid and let things go the right way??

Another FTC in one day!!! Azonto on point!!!

For Y'all quoting me, asking me to go tell my Muslim brothers this or that, FYI, I'm a Christian!!! A proud CATHOLIC!! Buh let's call a spade a spade and not a gardening tool, these Muslims are known for this! It's quite true that high school students wear 'uniforms' to school, buh hey!! Did the Muslim folks JUST started wearing this habit to school??!! Broses and sises, itaf tayed!!! Why is CAN suddenly attacking it now??! Dem no dey see am before

Someone quoted me asking me to tell my Rev.Fr. to go build a mosque opposite my church cheesy cheesy
The name of my parish is OUR LADY OF FATIMA, Aguda, and it was given that name cos the owner of the Land where the church is built was a Muslim and he was sooooo happy bout the fact that a church will be built on his land. So the Priest of our mother parish gave it that name in honor of Our Lady that appeared to 3 little children in Fatima, Portugal and coincidentally, the daughter of the landlord bears the name Fatima grin

So itaf tayed wey we don be friends with Muslims

#kickawayreligiouscompetition

Like I always tell whoever cares to listen "salvation is a personal race"
Maybe u have comprehension issue... learn frm what PMB is going through

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by buccunmie(m): 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

Is this some sorta competition or what Muslims are known for wearing Hijabs. Whether they abuse it or not is no one's business. Let the kids be competitive in other areas of their lives, rather than in religious 'battles'

For Y'all quoting me, asking me to go tell my Muslim brothers this or that, FYI, I'm a Christian!!! A proud CATHOLIC!! Buh let's call a spade a spade and not a gardening tool, these Muslims are known for this! It's quite true that high school students wear 'uniforms' to school, buh hey!! Did the Muslim folks JUST started wearing this habit to school??!! Broses and sises, itaf tayed!!! Why is CAN suddenly attacking it now??! Dem no dey see am before

Someone quoted me asking me to tell my Rev.Fr. to go build a mosque opposite my church cheesy cheesy
The name of my parish is OUR LADY OF FATIMA, Aguda, and it was given that name cos the owner of the Land where the church is built was a Muslim and he was sooooo happy bout the fact that a church will be built on his land. So the Priest of our mother parish gave it that name in honor of Our Lady that appeared to 3 little children in Fatima, Portugal and coincidentally, the daughter of the landlord bears the name Fatima grin

seriously! do u reside in Osun? no biggi with hijab to Christian public sch. stay dere till dey turn yur Catholic to Islam n u will say no biggi in Dat since u r still worshiping God.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by dubsy91(f): 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
CAN copying muslims since 1960, muslim go on Hajj, CAN invented their own.... it is a free world wear whatever you want, Muslims have a dress code your intolerance would not change that

for ur mind CAN invented pilgrimage to Jerusalem...silly talk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by eligibility: 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
benghaziii:
wetin u find go Christian school?muslim school no dey?why d hijab sef..is it part of the uniform.my anglican school allows muslims to close early on Fridays so as to attend d mosque.. bt no hijab ooo.the principal go tell ur parents before admission

You lack historical facts about uniform.
Candidly speaking , the convocation gown and cap belongs to Aglican and Methodist quires and Muslims never complains of putting it onn on graduation day.
CAN should go to court if they are not pleased with the court injunction

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by prinsam30: 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
spartacusdove:
[s]CAN are just been unreasonable. It's a law in Islam for females to cover their head and it has been in existence since b4 I was born. I don't think there is a law in the Bible that say xtians should always wear their choir uniform or church robes. Later they will say it's the Muslims that are not peaceful.[/s]

Bros keep quiet, we are talking of education and not religion, if them wear hijab na their fvcking problem be that Buh not where Christians and Muslims mix together, get sense pls
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Taeewo(m): 6:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hijab means worship to u, sorry for u... Bigot
sunnydayasaba:

Bros, Nobody will stop any muslim student from wearing hijab to a private schools if the owners wants it, but not schools funded by tax payers money. Even d traditional worshippers pay taxes to govt for dis school, can they separate Christian, muslim, traditional tax payers money too? Reason now, school should be a place of learning not a place of worship.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by sunnydayasaba(m): 6:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
spartacusdove:

But in this same govt schs funded by tax payer's money, xtians can coordinate assembly for three day while Muslims coordinate for two day. Are the traditional worshipers not paying tax?
why do we go to sch on friday and stay home on Sunday?

Unfortunately the Nigerian constitution only recognize 2 religion same way we recognize only 3 major languages. Wit that said, Govt can decide to add Friday to d weekend, After all Gambia have 3 days weekend for Govt public workers. So staying at home on Friday or not is at d discretion of d Govt.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by babajeje123(m): 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Those who are blaming CAN are so naive of what is going on. Allowing these people to continually have their way will lead to islamisation of this country eventually. There was a time they fought for hijab usage for the mulism Corps members. They were obliged. Not quite long, they insisted that NYSC orientation camp should not be opened for intending stream 2 Batch A corpers. If not for agitations on social media, they would have had their way. They should just stop forcing down their religious belief on Nigerians. It is a bitter pill.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
sunnydayasaba:

What is this one saying? Did they buy their hijabs with tax payers money? Rubbish
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by buccunmie(m): 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
Laid2001:
Allowing The Hijab was a court order.
CAN should go to court to entrench the right to wear robe to schools in Osun.

So, until CAN can get a student willing to sue for the right to wear robe to school as a fundamental right of religion, they should go and sit down!

The Gov. Should let the CAN come up with acceptable Uniform for the Christian student, while the SCIA come up with acceptable uniform for the Muslim students. But they must use the color combination, chosen by the government.

And after that, any student who does not wear school uniform should be expelled.
who told u dey avnt appeal? u see a post here n u r typing like aregbe family member. do u av an idea of how long dis case v bin dragging? can shud come up with acceptable uniform for Christian students.....I shake my head for u. Religious bodies now determine sch uniforms abi. Traditional worshipers will soon start dia own too n let's see if court won't get tired of designing sch uniform n go back to the status quo.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Favored4gud: 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
Naija over play religion pass the ppl that introduce 'em to it. All these cover or no cover no matter na person heart and deeds na im matter for where our maker dey. na to jus over look all these and wait till the judgement day to see who make am.
Feranchek:

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by tico1212(m): 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
spartacusdove:
CAN are just been unreasonable. It's a law in Islam for females to cover their head and it has been in existence since b4 I was born. I don't think there is a law in the Bible that say xtians should always wear their choir uniform or church robes. Later they will say it's the Muslims that are not peaceful.

You have a point there but try and reason it this way. The missionary schools was merged with public schools, which now combine both xtains and Muslims.. of which CAN did not intervene but now you want the muslims to be wearing hijab in a missionary school... haba.

Education is different from culture or religion...
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by valslove8715(f): 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

You had the opportunity to choose a school with Islamic background, but you chose the one with Xtian background by yourself.

Whatever you are asked to recite there is in accordance with the background and history of such a school.

You voluntarily submitted to the rules and regulations of the school. If not, you would have transferred yourself to Islahudeen, Sarafadeen or Muslim Sec School.

Oh! so govt secondary schs like Anglican & co in those days are private schools?
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by castrokins(m): 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
Look, These Are Public Schools And Not Islamic Schools. Aregbesola Should Know This And Promote A Unified Uniform Rather Than This Confusion He's Creating.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by sunnydayasaba(m): 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
Taeewo:
Hijab means worship to u, sorry for u... Bigot

Like i earlier stated, Schools are built for learning, Hijab has a religious significant attached to it, imagine all Christians wearing different head gears to school too. The reason why schools are built will be defeated.

Leave sentiment out of dis, we have Muslim school around, parents who want their kids to wear hijab to school can enrol them into those schools. Religion should be set aside in governance
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by sunnydayasaba(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
avicenna1:

What is this one saying? Did they buy their hijabs with tax payers money? Rubbish

What is dis one saying, is govt school central mosque

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by ZUBY77(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
grafikii:
Bunch of retards wasting away the lives of these kids for selfish gain. Why not ask schools to be shut on Fridays too since there is no school on Sundays.
Muslims wear hijab 24hrs a day, do Christians wear robs everyday?

All these senseless competition is just stupid, why not let the kids compete in sports and debates

You made good points and honestly I clicked like.
However, a bomb goes off somewhere and this hijab plays some parts in concealing it.
That makes people get afraid of hijabs. CAN is just fighting fear.

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Oslim(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
To be frank,it's nt really proper for student to be wearing hijab to school,,,i don't tink during our time in my school , anyone is allowed to wear hijab and dats d way it shld cos,its a mixed school with both Christian and Muslim. Deres nothing bad in it if dey can use beret since is to cover dere head....moreso,Deres Muslim school where d use of hijab is compulsory...no one can against d use of hijab in such school......... Also,in school it gvs room for some students to engage in malpractice using d use of hijab to hide dere stuffs......But dey only fault CAN has made is DAT tinz lyk dis HV been in existence in quite some years now and dey never voice out,,, so Deres nothing dey can do now DAT can change d act of nt using hijab.......Approving hijab in school means DAT does DAT re involved in traditional tinz can be using dere bead or anyoda tinz to mk ppl know d kind religion dey re doing.....so,,to me beret is enough for dem to cover dere head nd approving hijab in school only if is a Muslim school....
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by buccunmie(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
eligibility:

Candidly speaking , the convocation gown and cap belongs to Aglican and Methodist quires and Muslims never complains of putting it onn on graduation day.
CAN should go to court if they are not pleased with the court injunction
see dis one o. even if d gown n cap blong to dem. av u seen a sch dat insist u wear dem? ceremonial dress is different from sch uniform
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by eligibility: 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
benghaziii:
wetin u find go Christian school?muslim school no dey?why d hijab sef..is it part of the uniform.my anglican school allows muslims to close early on Fridays so as to attend d mosque.. bt no hijab ooo.the principal go tell ur parents before admission

CAN should go to court if they are not pleased with the court injunction...
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by MsGlobalwonder(f): 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
grafikii:
Bunch of retards wasting away the lives of these kids for selfish gain. Why not ask schools to be shut on Fridays too since there is no school on Sundays.
Muslims wear hijab 24hrs a day, do Christians wear robs everyday?

All these senseless competition is just stupid, why not let the kids compete in sports and debates
competition u said?? smh!!
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Owodiran1(m): 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
The religion saga is getting to south west bit by bit. It better be curbed b4 it goes out of hand like that of the north
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by bakry86: 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
It's quite laughable when some people keep reminding us that some schools are Christian schools or r missionary schools. were u not told that missioners didn't come at money but bibles? For ur information d schools were built we our collective resources. so, stop laying unnecessary claim...

A simple question to those that supported CAN's stand on did matter.....pls how does d wearing of Hijab by Muslim students affect lives of their christian counterparts, in what ways does it affect their learning process? what is d negative effect on d school?

well, that's what happen when some people's brains have been sealed in a CAN.

pl
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
Mcowubaba:

You are the person that is not being candid.....

Is hijab part of the school uniform
U can wear hijab in the mosque, market, house, street but Not in Schools especially Secondary nd primary sch....
Using ur rationale, then Muslims in the army, Navy, civil defence etc should all be putting on Hijabs, there is a reason why something is called uniform.....
Muslims and their wahala self sad, that's how the wanted to caused trouble for NYSC, because of this same Hijab issue nd fasting...
Na only dem Waka come
do Muslims judge wear hijab ? am just confused ... where is the judge nao
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by tenry(m): 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

No wonder! You are a Catholic. Bro you aren't a Christian ooo. Perhaps you are hearing this for the first time but that's the truth. Your doctrines are not biblical so stop calling your self Christians.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by fansy: 6:49pm On Jun 15, 2016
I have long realised that most people who dress to promote their religion never show it in character, hence has interior motive! Please, allow the children to attend school in Uniform not Religious Attachment! I supect the genesis of unknown Iniciation! Once they gain Tertiary admission, they can on their choose NAKED FASHION
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by pacretus(m): 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
what is this one saying.abeg,americans going on pilgrimage to israel i guess they copied muslim.muslims are the ones copying christians.for ur info,muslim designs of today are of christian(catholic) origin.get sense in jesus name.amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBC Interview With Olufunmilayo Adebayo (Mummy G.O.) - "They Want To Kill Me" / Pastor Tim Omotoso Arrested For Having Sex With Church Members In South Africa / Pope Benedict Announces Shocking Conversion To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.