Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists (47648 Views)

We Will Christianize Nigeria If Muslims Islamise the Country- Cardinal Onaiyekan / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Oslim(m): 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
bakry86:
It's quite laughable when some people keep reminding us that some schools are Christian schools or r missionary schools. were u not told that missioners didn't come at money but bibles? For ur information d schools were built we our collective resources. so, stop laying unnecessary claim...

A simple question to those that supported CAN's stand on did matter.....pls how does d wearing of Hijab by Muslim students affect lives of their christian counterparts, in what ways does it affect their learning process? what is d negative effect on d school?

well, that's what happen when some people's brains have been sealed in a CAN.

pl
No p my bro if the christian fellow is also allowed to wear their gown to sch without shouting in a christian sch or Muslim sCh
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by eligibility: 6:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
babajeje123:
Those who are blaming CAN are so naive of what is going on. Allowing these people to continually have their way will lead to islamisation of this country eventually. There was a time they fought for hijab usage for the mulism Corps members. They were obliged. Not quite long, they insisted that NYSC orientation camp should not be opened for intending stream 2 Batch A corpers. If not for agitations on social media, they would have had their way. They should just stop forcing down their religious belief on Nigerians. It is a bitter pill.

Have you no memory that church quires dress code is forced on all graduants on convocation day having knowledge that it's church uniform. Does the Muslims complain?

Uunnecessary acrimony by the leadership of Christian.
STOP SPREADING HATRED
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by yvesboss(m): 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:
They should na. Who dey stop dem before

Buh let's see for how long it'll last.

Is this some sorta competition or what Muslims are known for wearing Hijabs. Whether they abuse it or not is no one's business. Let the kids be competitive in other areas of their lives, rather than in religious 'battles'

Can CAN be CANdid and let things go the right way??

Another FTC in one day!!! Azonto on point!!!

For Y'all quoting me, asking me to go tell my Muslim brothers this or that, FYI, I'm a Christian!!! A proud CATHOLIC!! Buh let's call a spade a spade and not a gardening tool, these Muslims are known for this! It's quite true that high school students wear 'uniforms' to school, buh hey!! Did the Muslim folks JUST started wearing this habit to school??!! Broses and sises, itaf tayed!!! Why is CAN suddenly attacking it now??! Dem no dey see am before

Someone quoted me asking me to tell my Rev.Fr. to go build a mosque opposite my church cheesy cheesy
The name of my parish is OUR LADY OF FATIMA, Aguda, and it was given that name cos the owner of the Land where the church is built was a Muslim and he was sooooo happy bout the fact that a church will be built on his land. So the Priest of our mother parish gave it that name in honor of Our Lady that appeared to 3 little children in Fatima, Portugal and coincidentally, the daughter of the landlord bears the name Fatima grin

So itaf tayed wey we don be friends with Muslims

#kickawayreligiouscompetition

Like I always tell whoever cares to listen "salvation is a personal race"

Your head dey there 5,369,089,441 times.

I think if people adopt this your approach, the world would be better.
That was the way it was before the media and internet starts beclouding our minds.

I mean, before we were christians or muslims...we were first human, so i dont get where this religious sentiments started from jare
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by pacretus(m): 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
bakry86:
It's quite laughable when some people keep reminding us that some schools are Christian schools or r missionary schools. were u not told that missioners didn't come at money but bibles? For ur information d schools were built we our collective resources. so, stop laying unnecessary claim...

A simple question to those that supported CAN's stand on did matter.....pls how does d wearing of Hijab by Muslim students affect lives of their christian counterparts, in what ways does it affect their learning process? what is d negative effect on d school?

well, that's what happen when some people's brains have been sealed in a CAN.

pl
i think u should ask osun govt officials for confronting students wearing church garmet.if they had allowed them,there wuldn't hav been any problem.no smoke wiraut fire.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by babajeje123(m): 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
eligibility:

Have you no memory that church quires dress code is forced on all graduants on convocation day having knowledge that it's church uniform. Does the Muslims complain?

STOP SPREADING HATRED
Pls, stop quoting me. I wasn't talking to you but to seriously minded persons who don't argue blindly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Taeewo(m): 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Is not a Christian school and Ansarudeen sec school too is not a muslim skul, it both own by the government with Muslim/xtian name...
anytexy:

We are talking of secondary school here that has a dressing code not tertiary institution. why don't Muslim female police officers or army officers wear the so called hijab? And mind you that is a Christian school.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by stefan388: 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

Is this some sorta competition or what Muslims are known for wearing Hijabs. Whether they abuse it or not is no one's business. Let the kids be competitive in other areas of their lives, rather than in religious 'battles'

For Y'all quoting me, asking me to go tell my Muslim brothers this or that, FYI, I'm a Christian!!! A proud CATHOLIC!! Buh let's call a spade a spade and not a gardening tool, these Muslims are known for this! It's quite true that high school students wear 'uniforms' to school, buh hey!! Did the Muslim folks JUST started wearing this habit to school??!! Broses and sises, itaf tayed!!! Why is CAN suddenly attacking it now??! Dem no dey see am before

Someone quoted me asking me to tell my Rev.Fr. to go build a mosque opposite my church cheesy cheesy
The name of my parish is OUR LADY OF FATIMA, Aguda, and it was given that name cos the owner of the Land where the church is built was a Muslim and he was sooooo happy bout the fact that a church will be built on his land. So the Priest of our mother parish gave it that name in honor of Our Lady that appeared to 3 little children in Fatima, Portugal and coincidentally, the daughter of the landlord bears the name Fatima grin

dust
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by kennycalls(m): 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
is qregbesola the only Muslim governor? y must he always go extreme

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by awo666(m): 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
sunnydayasaba:

Bros, Nobody will stop any muslim student from wearing hijab to a private schools if the owners wants it, but not schools funded by tax payers money. Even d traditional worshippers pay taxes to govt for dis school, can they separate Christian, muslim, traditional tax payers money too? Reason now, school should be a place of learning not a place of worship.
I don't see anything bad in muslims wearing dier hijab to sch.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Benblaq(m): 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
Rxpetite:
grin okay this is just juvenile and childish. I'll admit it was funny for a minute or two but not any more.
In short let everybody just wear their mufti to school like in some other countries.
buaghahaha ..okunrin u knw d odour jare ...or beta stl we cn b natural jst lyk our first parents.. adam nd eve...dnt u tink so? grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by SuperS1Panther: 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
dmltoyin:
are you aware that government hv taken total ownership of all this missionary school after the biafra war in 1970
This school are bounded by the national curriculum and government policies and is financed by the government
It's not even a must to use hijab in doze Muslim second schools sef
Muslims can go on wd their hijab and the Christians use beret
The two religions kuku don't like it's worshippers exposing their hair

Beautiful.

If the Govt have taken over those schools then they are Govt schools and Govt have the EXCLUSIVE RIGHT to determine what a UNIFORM should be, irrespective of religion or ethnicity. Govt is also a secular institution and which it's apparatus or properties must not be used to promote religions because all faiths are paying their taxes to the same secular govt and by extension all faiths have equal rights with Govt and on all it's properties.

Once a faith deviate from the uniform of a secular Govt, others too have the right to deviate by wearing whatever they feel their faith stipulates.

Govt is financing the schools and not a particular faith. therefore ALL FAITHS must abide by what is called a UNIFORM of a SECULAR GOVT.

Taken total ownership of the school does not erase the history and the faith-based background of such schools. A Xtian should wear his choir robe in a a Govt School with Xtian faith back ground, an Ifa or Osun Worshipper should wear his white robe in a Govt school with Ifa or Osun faith background and a muslim girl should wear her hijab in a Govt school with Islamic background.

If a faith can alter the UNIVERSAL UNIFORM, then every other faith, also have the equal right to amend the uniform as they deem fit.

That is fairness and justice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by HASSANAASIA(f): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
Am a christian but pls CAN shld just let them be since its not a long hijab abeg
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by stefan388: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
grafikii:
Bunch of retards wasting away the lives of these kids for selfish gain. Why not ask schools to be shut on Fridays too since there is no school on Sundays.
Muslims wear hijab 24hrs a day, do Christians wear robs everyday?

All these senseless competition is just stupid, why not let the kids compete in sports and debates
thrash and dust
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Oslim(m): 7:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
eligibility:

STOP SPREADING HATRED
You are one spreading hatred why would you say gowns are church uniforms the gown u talking about its optional, u might decide to wear the gown nd put oN hijab it's ur wish and am throwing this question to u so all those Muslim oriented schools don't use gowns if throughly it's Church uniform.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by awo666(m): 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
sunnydayasaba:

Bros, Nobody will stop any muslim student from wearing hijab to a private schools if the owners wants it, but not schools funded by tax payers money. Even d traditional worshippers pay taxes to govt for dis school, can they separate Christian, muslim, traditional tax payers money too? Reason now, school should be a place of learning not a place of worship.
I don't see anything bad in muslims wearing dier hijab to sch. why shld dey open dier hair wen is not in line with dier tradition and religion.
den if d Christian should be agitating on something DAT does not corncern dem
d Muslim shld be agitating for sch not to be opened on Friday just lyk sunday
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by bwazo6: 7:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
grafikii:
Bunch of retards wasting away the lives of these kids for selfish gain. Why not ask schools to be shut on Fridays too since there is no school on Sundays.
Muslims wear hijab 24hrs a day, do Christians wear robs everyday?

All these senseless competition is just stupid, why not let the kids compete in sports and debates

U don't know what you are saying, give this Ralphuf an inch and he will take ten KMs. What if he says even Christains should start wearing the masquarade thing like he converted all mission schools? Is that that time the Christains should react? The islamization agenda can not work in Naija. If you are an agent let's know.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by glossy6(f): 7:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

I don't totally agree with you though you raised some salient points here.

Religious dressing is completely different from school uniforms. For those of us shouting hijab, hijab is a modernized method of Muslims covering their heads. I was born in Southern Kaduna, Zonkwa to be precise which have a very good number of immigrant Muslims. Muslim girls tie scarf to cover their and this is replicated in our uniforms as we wore green, white, green either in the form of gown (green down and white up) and complete it with the green headtie. Or green skirt with white blouse and green scarfs for girls. The boys had their knickers and shirts. Nobody wore hijab to school including the Muslim dominated LEA 1. Outside school, we still tied our heads though the Muslim girls uses shawls on Fridays. That's what I witnessed growing up.

I attended Anglican Girls Grammar School Ughelli for my secondary education and they did not tolerate any of us wearing our rosaries to school and we used Anglican hymn book for our assembly while our sister school St. Theresa's were permitted to wear their rosaries to school. Both were government schools as our fees were paid to then Bendel State.

What am saying is that if covering of hair is an issue here, then berets come to play here. Those Muslim girls were not adorning hijabs until this Aregbesola came to power. It is absurd for students to adorn hijabs to Baptists High School.

That's my personal opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by awo666(m): 7:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
d CAN are useless instead of dem to preach good thing. dey are preaching hatred
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by abimic(m): 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
CAN copying muslims since 1960, muslim go on Hajj, CAN invented their own.... it is a free world wear whatever you want, Muslims have a dress code your intolerance would not change that
Did u just say intolerance? u must be mistaken, Christians are very much more more more tolerant than Muslims. Infact, I could remember the governor trying to merge missionary schools with other schools then and achieving his own agenda which many saw as a wrong move. The governor surely has a hidden agenda, I would only blame CAN if this practice had being age long and they're trying to fight it as if it was very fresh.

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by sunnydayasaba(m): 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
awo666:
I don't see anything bad in muslims wearing dier hijab to sch. why shld dey open dier hair wen is not in line with dier tradition and religion.
den if d Christian should be agitating on something DAT does not corncern dem
d Muslim shld be agitating for sch not to be opened on Friday just lyk sunday

well u dnt see anything wrong, but people see bro, Is d way Govt has turned us against each other using religion and ethnicity.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by stefan388: 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
buJu234:
Muslims too dey cause wahala everywhere..

from middle-east to north africa to the americas to europe to Nigeria..

wenti sef..

are they the only religion on Earth....

Its called religion of peace; yet mankind has not experienced Peace ever since they were founded in the Arabia desert.

WHYYYY

In fact, since Buhari came into power, there has been no peace about this muslem causing one problem or the other. Wetin sef Muslem
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by AkanniOwolabi(m): 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

The truth need be told, I'm glad I read this piece from a Christian bro.

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Oslim(m): 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=glossy6 post=46605585]

Religious dressing is completely different from school uniforms. For those of us shouting hijab, hijab is a modernized method of Muslims covering their heads. I was born in Southern Kaduna, Zonkwa to be precise which have a very good number of immigrant Muslims. Muslim girls tie scarf to cover their and this is replicated in our uniforms as we wore green, white, green either in the form of gown (green down and white up) and complete it with the green headtie. Or green skirt with white blouse and green scarfs for girls. The boys had their knickers and shirts. Nobody wore hijab to school including the Muslim dominated LEA 1. Outside school, we still tied our heads though the Muslim girls uses shawls on Fridays. That's what I witnessed growing up.

I attended Anglican Girls Grammar School Ughelli for my secondary education and they did not tolerate any of us wearing our rosaries to school and we used Anglican hymn book for our assembly while our sister school St. Theresa's were permitted to wear their rosaries to school. Both were government schools as our fees were paid to then Bendel State.

What am saying is that if covering of hair is an issue here, then berets come to play here. Those Muslim girls were not adorning hijabs until this Aregbesola came to power. It is absurd for students to adorn hijabs to Baptists High School.

That's my personal opinion.[/quote
U er awesome dear

2 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Kenkeye: 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nawa for Osun CAN o. I believe their Christianity should be questioned, because Christians shouldn't behave like this. Some people are allowed to use hijabs, how does that affect CAN and Christian students? After all no one is imposing the hijab on christian students? And if CAN consider using hijabs in schools wrong, then does it make sense to also complicate the issue by adding to the wrong; encouraging christian students to attend schools in church robes? Nawa o, it is high time the national CAN called you to order, because you're now turning rebels. And you may turn terrorists if care is not taken.

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Feranchek(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
glossy6:

That's my personal opinion.

Of all the over 15 mentions I got for my comment, yours is the ONLY one I'm replying to (though it disagree with mine)

Bro you're a matured and educated individual. I really buy your point here. Berets surely will replace the Hijabs. I never thought of that!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by tomzman: 7:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
EazyMoh:
This matter is very simple, let CAN meet and design uniform that suits Christianity acceptable to Christians, and let Muslims do same. Then approve the two types of uniforms. Any student that doesn't dress in either form should be sanctioned. simple.
For how long do they think they can keep up thus shenanigans.
And you think the traditionalists would not advocate for their own too. There's a reason it's called uniform in the first place.

It's a pity most of you commenting on this issue have never stepped foot in Osun not to talk of entering a school or even teaching in it. Go to a typical secondary school in Osun state and volunteer to teach there just for a week, then you would understand why reasonable people are against this move.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by emmydee(m): 7:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hijab is never part of a school uniform. If it were, why don't they wear it in private schools? So for those who say they should be allowed to wear hijabs in a traditional christian school, then the christians should also be allowed to wear their own religious garments to school. Why e de pain una?
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Kakamorufu(m): 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
buJu234:
Muslims too dey cause wahala everywhere..

from middle-east to north africa to the americas to europe to Nigeria..

wenti sef..

are they the only religion on Earth....

Its called religion of peace; yet mankind has not experienced Peace ever since they were founded in the Arabia desert.

WHYYYY

you are just too dull

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by ALEGETEMITOPE(m): 7:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

pls go and get more information about the issue. The issue on ground is that the governor turn missionary sch to xtian and Muslim sch and asked the Muslim students to put on hihab
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by glossy6(f): 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
double0seven:
^^^^^^

there is nothing silly about all this. Government public schools have a uniform & code of dressing and public schools are not Muslim schools.

God bless you! There are school uniforms and they decent for any religious group to wear. finito
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by cofidentialoly(f): 7:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

kpachara anya gi oo
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Gegz(m): 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

Long you shall live

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kumuyi Speaks On His Death Vows Not Not Hand Over To Rascals / 2019 Election: Bishop Isaac Idahosa Admonishes Nigerians To Get Their PVCs / Pope Benedict Announces Shocking Conversion To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.