Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists (47645 Views)

We Will Christianize Nigeria If Muslims Islamise the Country- Cardinal Onaiyekan / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:
They should na. Who dey stop dem before

Buh let's see for how long it'll last.

Is this some sorta competition or what Muslims are known for wearing Hijabs. Whether they abuse it or not is no one's business. Let the kids be competitive in other areas of their lives, rather than in religious 'battles'

Can CAN be CANdid and let things go the right way??

Another FTC in one day!!! Azonto on point!!!

For Y'all quoting me, asking me to go tell my Muslim brothers this or that, FYI, I'm a Christian!!! A proud CATHOLIC!! Buh let's call a spade a spade and not a gardening tool, these Muslims are known for this! It's quite true that high school students wear 'uniforms' to school, buh hey!! Did the Muslim folks JUST started wearing this habit to school??!! Broses and sises, itaf tayed!!! Why is CAN suddenly attacking it now??! Dem no dey see am before

Someone quoted me asking me to tell my Rev.Fr. to go build a mosque opposite my church cheesy cheesy
The name of my parish is OUR LADY OF FATIMA, Aguda, and it was given that name cos the owner of the Land where the church is built was a Muslim and he was sooooo happy bout the fact that a church will be built on his land. So the Priest of our mother parish gave it that name in honor of Our Lady that appeared to 3 little children in Fatima, Portugal and coincidentally, the daughter of the landlord bears the name Fatima grin

So itaf tayed wey we don be friends with Muslims

#kickawayreligiouscompetition

Like I always tell whoever cares to listen "salvation is a personal race"
May God bless you for being this objective! U and ur family shall contnue to experience great tins!Ameen

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Feranchek(m): 8:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
akinmax:

You are just masking....! name three priest in OUR LADY OF FATIMA....?

My parish priest is Rev. Fr. Pius Omofunma. BTW, it's in Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by oluwasegunolade: 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
Abeg I won know "what's the rationale behind putting on additional costume to school" it's an academic institution so why allow some people add attachment all in the name of religion. SMH for whoever gave that unreasonable verdict

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Feranchek(m): 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
May God bless you for being this objective! U and ur family shall contnue to experience great tins!Ameen

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at how things are for me now, omo in need this prayer pass anybody!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
jhidey08:
and the taxpayers are Christians only. Abi?
ar u suffering from dyslexia? Can't u understand what he was saying?.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by josephni12: 8:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

me-think CAN is just bein un-serious here. Muslim can wear hijab. I remembered in my secondary years, they forced us to sing all christian songs and even read bible despite that we are muslim. can you try it with them?

I understand but to stop the madness let the Muslims have their own school while Christians have theirs then for public schools you can do anything you want as far as you are not stopping others from their religions practices
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
Aregbe shud let them wear whatever they like let's see who will get tired at end!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by placeofallure(f): 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
grafikii:
Bunch of retards wasting away the lives of these kids for selfish gain. Why not ask schools to be shut on Fridays too since there is no school on Sundays.
Muslims wear hijab 24hrs a day, do Christians wear robs everyday?

All these senseless competition is just stupid, why not let the kids compete in sports and debates

What's with all of you saying xtian pupils should look for other sports to compete in? Do you not think what is good for the goose, is equally good for for the gander? Any Moslem who cannot do without hijab should reconsider going to an Islamic school.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by adelowor(f): 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
For God sake! How could a Governor combined Muslim schools together with majorly Christian schools.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by adelowor(f): 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
Imagine Muslims wearing hijab to Baptist owned school.The governor needs prayer and deliverance

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by nonny400(m): 9:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:
They should na. Who dey stop dem before

Buh let's see for how long it'll last.

Is this some sorta competition or what Muslims are known for wearing Hijabs. Whether they abuse it or not is no one's business. Let the kids be competitive in other areas of their lives, rather than in religious 'battles'

Can CAN be CANdid and let things go the right way??

Another FTC in one day!!! Azonto on point!!!

For Y'all quoting me, asking me to go tell my Muslim brothers this or that, FYI, I'm a Christian!!! A proud CATHOLIC!! Buh let's call a spade a spade and not a gardening tool, these Muslims are known for this! It's quite true that high school students wear 'uniforms' to school, buh hey!! Did the Muslim folks JUST started wearing this habit to school??!! Broses and sises, itaf tayed!!! Why is CAN suddenly attacking it now??! Dem no dey see am before

Someone quoted me asking me to tell my Rev.Fr. to go build a mosque opposite my church cheesy cheesy
The name of my parish is OUR LADY OF FATIMA, Aguda, and it was given that name cos the owner of the Land where the church is built was a Muslim and he was sooooo happy bout the fact that a church will be built on his land. So the Priest of our mother parish gave it that name in honor of Our Lady that appeared to 3 little children in Fatima, Portugal and coincidentally, the daughter of the landlord bears the name Fatima grin

So itaf tayed wey we don be friends with Muslims

#kickawayreligiouscompetition

Like I always tell whoever cares to listen "salvation is a personal race"

Guy check my dp, whether you go recognize me.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
CAN copying muslims since 1960, muslim go on Hajj, CAN invented their own.... it is a free world wear whatever you want, Muslims have a dress code your intolerance would not change that

You can say that again.

Christians through CAN are fast showing themselves as quite an intolerant group; it beats me how the wearing of hijab by Muslim school girls could in anyway infringe upon their rights or affect the academic standards of such schools; to me CAN is just being spiteful in this matter - its as simple as that.

Well, if they must, let the Christians also wear their garments; that way all the children would be even more modestly covered up and perhaps help reduce the rate of rape against them in that part of the country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by bakynes(m): 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
SC31:
no they aren't but they should also be given fair hearings,in Lagos,Oyo and some other states that are practising that law is there no peace Or in unis does anyone stop anyone from not wearing hijab,no....pls lets be logical here and not sentimental....the deeper lives don't wear trousers but during Nysc they have to not because their faith is low but just to show oneness.
Brilliant, i read through from the first page of this thread and i felt like a judge in a law court trying to reach a verdict until i came across your comment.
Deeperlife is a perfect example to counter the claims of the muslims.
If during NYSC everyone must wear the uniform which is shirt and kaaki trousers, deeperlife does not wear trousers but are forced to because the govt wants the dressing to be uniform. So why cant the muslims align with these rules. That is to say if a muslim is given the right to wear a hijab, then a christian deeperlife too has the same right to wear skirt kaaki.

So to the muslims, you see why it cannot work, i am going with CAN on these matter. If govt can bend d rules for muslims, then they must also bend the rules for christians, Nigeria is not an Islamic nation but a Secular one. Aregbesola is a big fool for merging those schools.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Guruenny(m): 9:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

You can say that again.

Christians through CAN are fast showing themselves as quite an intolerant group; it beats me how the wearing of hijab by Muslim school girls could in anyway infringe upon their rights or affect the academic standards of such schools; to me CAN is just being spiteful in this matter - its as simple as that.

Well, if they must, let the Christians also wear their garments; that way all the children would be even more modestly covered up and perhaps help reduce the rate of rape against them in that part of the country.
and aw many times has hijab affected any skul standards can u gve me detailed reference.if d xtian chose to put on deir robe abi it is rope cos of rape den dnt let ignorance make u tink dat we Muslims are puttn it on cos of rape sought for knowledge if u are lacking and learn to be tolerant

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by seguntijan(m): 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
dubsy91:

for ur mind CAN invented pilgrimage to Jerusalem...silly talk
So where's pilgrimage recommended in the Bible?

3 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Guruenny(m): 9:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
bakynes:

Brilliant, i read through from the first page of this thread and i felt like a judge in a law court trying to reach a verdict until i came across your comment.
Deeperlife is a perfect example to counter the claims of the muslims.
If during NYSC everyone must wear the uniform which is shirt and kaaki trousers, deeperlife does not wear trousers but are forced to because the govt wants the dressing to be uniform. So why cant the muslims align with these rules. That is to say if a muslim is given the right to wear a hijab, then a christian deeperlife too has the same right to wear skirt kaaki.

So to the muslims, you see why it cannot work, i am going with CAN on these matter. If govt can bend d rules for muslims, then they must also bend the rules for christians, Nigeria is not an Islamic nation but a Secular one. Aregbesola is a big fool for merging those schools.
now in one word what has puttn on hijab done to affect u pple we Muslims attend xtians skulls even pray based on ur belief use d SOP with u pple wen we are not by chance in need of it but we tolerated all dis but covern d hair has affected u pple in a particular way dat I dnt understand

2 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by EazyMoh(m): 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
@City guy SC31 tomzman
The bottom line is those Christians supported by CAN are just being mischievous and intolerant. Of all the religions in the world, none is categorical about mode of dressing (of females) like Islam. Muslim would NEVER compromise religious duties just to belong. World over Muslim females wear their hijab wherever they go as I mentioned. Because Ogun or Lagos or whatever bans Hijab in public schools in the south doesn't make it RIGHT! What would you say if all students in Sharia states are ordered to wear ankle length Hijab in public schools.
This debate has been on going for decades, because the education system and in fact every institution of governance in this country has been designed to conform 100% with Christianity without any regard to other faith. And you turn around and call the country secular? Then a tiny issue as allowing little school girls who chose to wear just small hijab is making you and your CAN leaders foam in the mouth like your lives depend on it.
Below would tell you how the world sees Hijab, the west you love to worship in particular.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
Guruenny:
and aw many times has hijab affected any skul standards can u gve me detailed reference.if d xtian chose to put on deir robe abi it is rope cos of rape den dnt let ignorance make u tink dat we Muslims are puttn it on cos of rape sought for knowledge if u are lacking and learn to be tolerant

Oboy, go do comprehension again before I will consider responding to that trash you just wrote.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by jhidey08(m): 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
wizzakosh:
ar u suffering from dyslexia? Can't u understand what he was saying?.
I quoted Wot I understood about his post, it's not my fault if u lack basic comprehension skills as to why I quoted his post.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Feranchek(m): 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
nonny400:

Guy check my dp, whether you go recognize me.

Sure. Vuga
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by bakynes(m): 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Guruenny:
now in one word what has puttn on hijab done to affect u pple we Muslims attend xtians skulls even pray based on ur belief use d SOP with u pple wen we are not by chance in need of it but we tolerated all dis but covern d hair has affected u pple in a particular way dat I dnt understand
And if a christian goes to a muslim school he wont be reciting the quran. They wont even accept a christian for that matter unless he/she converts to islam.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Perfectionist11: 9:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
Haba...why is it that Islam is made up of radical souls..?..wearing Hijab is great yea..but this ain't Saudi Arabia/Cairo..this ain't a country where 1 religion dominates..Hijabs doesn't guarantee paradise...& these children can still catch up on d practice later..we've seen cases of a christian @ birth crossing into Islam & vice versa.

If you want your children/wards to wear em @ all times..kindly send em to Muslim only schools(private)..

These fruits are too raw 2 b poisoned.

These children are too young to feel the effects of discrimination!!
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by jhidey08(m): 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
SC31:
no they aren't but they should also be given fair hearings,in Lagos,Oyo and some other states that are practising that law is there no peace Or in unis does anyone stop anyone from not wearing hijab,no....pls lets be logical here and not sentimental....the deeper lives don't wear trousers but during Nysc they have to not because their faith is low but just to show oneness.
this is how arguments should b made, not some guys up here insulting instead of stating their points.
Back 2 ur post, what fair hearing are u talking about? Pls kindly answer diz questions, does an average Christian girl wear church robe on a normal day? NO, does an average Muslim girl wear Hijab on a normal day? YES. Talk about children of Babalawos, they're not even proud of their religion, u c dem changing Ifayemi to Fayemi, so dey definitely can't wear charms around, besides dat's not their mode o dressing. That's d fair hearing we'r talking about. They should table their grievances 2d court just as their Muslim counterparts did.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by jhidey08(m): 10:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
Perfectionist11:
Haba...why is it that Islam is made up of radical souls..?..wearing Hijab is great yea..but this ain't Saudi Arabia/Cairo..this ain't a country where 1 religion dominates..Hijabs doesn't guarantee paradise...& these children can still catch up on d practice later..we've seen cases of a christian @ birth crossing into Islam & vice versa.

If you want your children/wards to wear em @ all times..kindly send em to Muslim only schools(private)..

u all are shouting Muslim only Private schools as if dey pay little school fees. Can all the parents send their wards to private school?

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by babestella: 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
Aregbesole is a clown, he and Buhari are not fit for leadership.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Guruenny(m): 10:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Oboy, go do comprehension again before I will consider responding to that trash you just wrote.
if u had been able to reason well am xure u wud av said a reasonable tin on d issue instead of d shallow way u think.my observation 'common sense'
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by bakynes(m): 10:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
Guruenny:
And a christian wont be mandated to recite the quran in muslim schools.
You need to reason well and drop religious sentiments to understand this issue. I initally tilted towards supporting the muslims since they have always used the hijab even as i am a christian but i re-examined the whole issue and came to the conclusion that it is not fair on the christians.

Do you know our religion christianity mandated our women not too wear trousers. If the govt mandates everyone to wear trousers in NYSC. If the muslim can ask for a bend to the rule of uniform by wearing hijab will it be fair on the christian sisters who do not wish to wear trousers but were forced by govt rule to wear it.If the govt can bend d rules for muslim why not the christians. Besides Nigeria is a secular state, muslim women do not wear hijabs on Army Uniform. In Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the rest women wear hijabs on Army uniform that is cause its an Islamic nation.
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Guruenny(m): 10:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
Perfectionist11:

and wat if I can't afford to send to private skul. Stop tryn to fake d truth wen it is obvious dat even on a normal day Muslims put it on to werever dey re Goin to and Christian put deir robes on,on Sundays just as simple as dat

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by nonny400(m): 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
Feranchek:

Sure. Vuga
Correct man. lol
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Coolgent(m): 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
Mtss hypocricy at it peak!
Lets see how long it will last
Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by Guruenny(m): 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
bakynes:

And a christian wont be mandated to recite the quran in muslim schools.
You need to reason well and drop religious sentiments to understand this issue. I initally tilted towards supporting the muslims since they have always used the hijab even as i am a christian but i re-examined the whole issue and came to the conclusion that it is not fair on the christians.

Do you know our religion christianity mandated our women not too wear trousers. If the govt mandates everyone to wear trousers in NYSC. If the muslim can ask for a bend to the rule of uniform by wearing hijab will it be fair on the christian sisters who do not wish to wear trousers but were forced by govt rule to wear it.If the govt can bend d rules for muslim why not the christians. Besides Nigeria is a secular state, muslim women do not wear hijabs on Army Uniform. In Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the rest women wear hijabs on Army uniform that is cause its an Islamic nation.
based on d corper aspect u said aw do u expect a youth corper to put on skirt to camp it nt ideal moreover puttn on trouser isn't allowed in our own religion also or av u seen someone put trouser on and go inside d mosque to pray it rare and dos ladies dat uses it tie wrapper on it. Moreso ur religion can't be satisfied cos u pple belief is very different. D case of C and S and CCC aw do we satisfy dem, d case of Deeper life and jehovah weekness nko,Reedem and winner,pentecostal and CAC wu av very far differences in belief. But Islam has oneness and dats y d same hijab used in Saudi is used here too

1 Like

Re: Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists by IkpuMmadu: 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
This is one reason I thank God for creating me Igbo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Tim Omotoso Arrested For Having Sex With Church Members In South Africa / TB Joshua’s Daughter Called To Bar (Photo) / Kumuyi Speaks On His Death Vows Not Not Hand Over To Rascals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.