Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? (14114 Views)

SEUN Is My Boss, But This Is Why I Hate Him — I'm Grateful. [PICTURE] / Is This The Real Seun For Real? PHOTO / Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Lezzlie:
A fair penalty that suits the crime.
That's rather harsh. She should have points deducted. Disqualifying her makes it all seem very despotic.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:35am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Sorry, your thought is gravely flawed!.

How if i may ask?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:36am On Jun 16, 2016
Monalisa185:

good morning.. With all due respect, that wasn't plagiarism...

If you take your time to go through the interview thread, you will see for yourself.. I think these people stressing the whole thing see the contestant in question as a threat, both in beauty and intelligence, she's in no way my candidate, but I think things should be thought through before being put into action...

Have a nice day!

You have to think before you type.. it is a hard thing to do, but just learn it...

Only four contestants have been interviewed and you think the remaining ones are cheats like your candidate

Get ready for the explosive nature of other candidates smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by obiorathesubtle: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
undecided How does that story relate to the contest?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Speakdatruth: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2016
I think there's nothing like plagiarism when sharing d same opinion with someone on a matter, if it was spoken n not typed who will point it out? n if d sponsors of dis mischief succeeded in kicking a strong contestant out then it's unfortunate how we got this far
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
That's rather harsh. She should have points deducted. Disqualifying her makes it all seem very despotic.
Seun has always been the Nairaland dspot . cheesy

Busy cleaning my rifle. grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 9:37am On Jun 16, 2016
Okikiki:

The uninformed can never understand you.

How many of the haters read widely?
Tell me, how widely do you read? Because if you did read widely, you wouldn't have spewed that aberration up there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Lezzlie(m): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2016
cindykaey:

And what do we do to mimzy?

Cause she did worst stole another person's work.
Tell me about it.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by repogirl(f): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2016
Lezzlie:
Are you by any means trying to redefine the word plagiarism on the pages of Nairaland ?

She doesn't have to lift the entire work or text. Copying a substantial part (phrase or unmodified clause) without permission or reference is outright plagiarism.

Have you forgotten, the well-worn scripting in copyright protection: No PART OF THIS WORK MAYBE COPIED......
Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2016
Speakdatruth:
I think there's nothing like plagiarism when sharing d same opinion with someone on a matter, if it was spoken n not typed who will point it out? n if d sponsors of dis mischief succeeded in kicking a strong contestant out then it's unfortunate how we got this far
In this case, was the opinion spoken, or written?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2016
they are still here? grin

Oh God! Save my people. sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by EzePromoe: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Dude please keep mute for pete's sake. You don't see anything wrong when people borrow ideas to substantiate their claim without giving proper credit to whoever they borrowed that idea from? This reeks of mega nonsense!!!.
I'll be glad to see proof that she laid claim to the said article. Just stop the controversy already.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 9:41am On Jun 16, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
I thought she was banned for it? Would have given her hell, if the thread wasn't closed.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by senibo1: 9:42am On Jun 16, 2016
repogirl:
Thank you!
undecided undecided
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by obiorathesubtle: 9:43am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
I thought she was banned for it? Would have given her hell, if the thread wasn't closed.
undecided yea, I'm sure you would..
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 16, 2016
Smh.....
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 9:44am On Jun 16, 2016
EzePromoe:

I'll be glad to see proof that she laid claim to the said article. Just stop the controversy already.
Hello, did she not post it by herself, and for herself? Why on earth do you think Nairaland's Disclaimer reads: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for what he or she post on Nairaland.

As long as the post was posted by her moniker, then it emanate(d) from her. Simple. Or do you want you don't lay claim to what you post here?. Dude please... Stop!

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by LordOfNaira: 9:45am On Jun 16, 2016
lokito:

There's a very thin line between research and plagiarism. That's probably not plagiarism. Could be research in motion. Op, for instance if you're writing a textbook on Boyle's law and you state the one in Ababio have you plagiarised? No.
Also, it's your word against hers and I can put it to you that ivyy is the original author of that article on Naij.com. Yes, she could be a columnist there. If you present any Naij.com writer as the owner of those words I will also put it to you that he/she plagiarised ivyy.

N/B: Those words have no legal copyright restriction or an ISBN/ ISSN auspices. So you don't have a case. The only thing I need from y'all - respect an intelligent damsel whenever you meet one #shikena#

Mister, I believe you are formally educated

Please, when you research on something, don't you make references If you copied from Ababio, isn't it academic to reference the source (In your case, Ababio)

Please, no one said you shouldn't do damage control, but try not to worsen the case for the offender.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by tosyne2much(m): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:
The plagiarist should be disqualified in my view.
She did not violate any rule

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 16, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
It's PLAGIARISM. Related or not.

How is general question related to the contest? Open questions are only allowed to help people make their choice of who to vote for. It's got nothing to do with what the judges will decide

Make una just quit this BS already

If una work/campaign sure una, why not just wait till voting proper and see what happens instead of looking for ways to disqualify people
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Dygeasy(m): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2016
thagift:
I just want to know because somebody stole an article on naij..com instead of u guys to penalize her, you guys are hiding every thread concerning her with no good reason.
or if you guys are supporting her then what's the need for contesting?
I need to know seun.
Hello Sir,

This is my take on this issue. I understand where you are coming from about the issue of plagiarism and what not.

To be honest, Ivyy goofed by lifting off her answer from a response from another website but that isn't binding on us (the organizers of the contest) because the question wasn't put to her by us nor is the answer expected to be provided in anyway contributing to her chances of succeeding in the contest within the rules guiding the contest.

The interview was for awareness purpose, showcase of intelligence and I am quite sure you all would have made up your opinions and minds on whether to vote for which contestant based on their performances in the interview. That again doesn't concern the organizers.

That being said, Ivyy's act has only affected her chances with the audience not particularly with the organizers as she hasn't broken any of our rules. The audience is the judge with the power of their votes so it's in your hands. However, if this were to be a case where she plagiarized in her responses to any our own questions (which will come up in the contest), then she could be disqualified.

It's up to you (the audience) if you still want to vote for her or not.

Thank you.

19 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 16, 2016
LordofNairaland:

Mister, I believe you are formally educated

Please, when you research on something, don't you make references If you copied from Ababio, isn't it academic to reference the source (In your case, Ababio)

Please, no one said you shouldn't do damage control, but try not to worsen the case for the offender.

Your point is well noted Esther Fabian. grin

Aka Lanicky's typist.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by senibo1: 9:48am On Jun 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
Do you suggest we, the hosts, take that step?
see question.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hello Sir,

This is my take on this issue. I understand where you are coming from about the issue of plagiarism and what not.

To be honest, Ivyy goofed by lifting off her answer from a response from another website but that isn't binding on us (the organizers of the contest) because the question wasn't put to her by us nor is the answer expected to be provided in anyway contributing to her chances of succeeding in the contest within the rules guiding the contest.

The interview was for awareness purpose, showcase of intelligence and I am quite sure you all would have made up your opinions and minds on whether to vote for which contestant based on their performances in the interview. That again doesn't concern the organizers.

That being said, Ivyy's act has only affected her chances with the audience not particularly with the organizers as she hasn't broken any of our rules. The audience is the judge with the power of their votes so it's in your hands. However, if this were to be a case where she plagiarized in her responses to any our own questions (which will come up in the contest), then she could be disqualified.

Thank you.

Wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Speakdatruth: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
In this case, was the opinion spoken, or written?
u are evil
u have bin misleading everyone wit ur rants since yesterday, u don't deserve a conversation bro

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 16, 2016
You've earned my respect henceforth

God bless you
Kudos!

Now we await the next controversy they gonna be pulling
Dygeasy:
Hello Sir,

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 9:50am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hello Sir,

Thank you.
very simple and precise. Even my two year old nephew knows this.

Can the mods now close up this thread so we can move on from this epileptic and shallow attempt at trying to pull someone down unnecessarily.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 16, 2016
Nice one @dygeasy The vote is all that matters, let the audience choose who to vote for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hello Sir,

Thank you.

SEALED!

Case closed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by repogirl(f): 9:52am On Jun 16, 2016
Se.un:
The plagiarist should be disqualified in my view.

Cc. Dygeasy
Wristbangle.

Some people are saying it wasn't even one of the judges questions but as far as she replied on the interview thread and the intent was to bamboozle people into believing the answer was solely her's and gotten from her own intellect.... then she cheated and deceived, simple!

Cheated, deceived, stole and lied.

Clear cut copy and paste without reference to the source is simply plagiarism. I agree that a disqualification might be too harsh but that is the reality of this sort of thing. It is a serious, punishable offence.

What even adds insult upon injury is that she has refused to own up to it, when the evidence is glaring in our faces.

She could have shut this thing down in the beginning with a simple, yes, I got it from here but it was to buttress my point and sorry, I didn't realise I had to put the source. Simple.

Instead her camp came out with all sorts of watery excuses that cant hold garri, not to talk of water. Some even attempted to redefine the word, plagiarism. Hilarious!

Well, I hope someone has learnt a thing or two today. You don't copy someone's work word for word without reference to it or if you need to, then re arrange it and explain it in your own terms. Simple.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by LordOfNaira: 9:52am On Jun 16, 2016
StillBrandnew:

Your point is well noted Esther Fabian. grin
Aka Lanicky's typist.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by FTbomb(m): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
ignore that pvssy nigga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

#25000 Giveaway @5:00 Pm Today / Instagram: She Took A Selfie With Her Finger Inside Her P*ssy (picture) 18+ / +18 - I F*cked This Married Woman Without... To Be Deleted Soon [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.