Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,819 members, 7,831,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? (14144 Views)

SEUN Is My Boss, But This Is Why I Hate Him — I'm Grateful. [PICTURE] / Is This The Real Seun For Real? PHOTO / Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

The questions people ask is another issue organizers should look at.

You don't expect someone to give you the correct answer of something she cannot relate to.

The fact that she chose to contest for this is not an opportunity for people to deliberately throw unrelated questions just to embarrass candidates and make them flop.

I'm sure that's what led to this whole issue. If I come on the interview thread today and ask a contestant a question concerning Law I can bet my phone charger that she will run to Google for answers.

None of them will tell you they don't know the answer to the questions thrown at them.

King Kong. grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Lezzlie(m): 10:17am On Jun 16, 2016
cindykaey:

I'm sure you know she stole someone else's story..

https://www.nairaland.com/3058508/husband-short-story

Original post
https://www.nairaland.com/1186445/laras-faith

Ok, let me make it plain to you in a barnumized manner.

The story was long and reference was added at the tail end. You all just wouldn't suppress your zeal for blood then; so you frenzy-loaded your guns and fired before taking aim.

But let me be generous and grant you that which you earnestly yearn for; I will assume she did put out a story without credit to the original phraseologist, that , my dear, could be summed up as affront to the rules of Nairaland. It is pageant-unrelated. It was a thread, you can liken it to an assignment in school or a test.

The act under contention here, by and of itself, mires this contest, nay Nairaland into the mud of disrepute and ignominy.

This is the final show, girl, the world is watching. You may want to add a little apparel to your cloak of nationalism now.

5 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:17am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
You agreed to promoe's opinion, that's why its flawed.

ok
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Smellymouth: 10:17am On Jun 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
Let's take things easy please... To all those saying she should be disqualified, the interview is never a ground to disqualify anyone

Exactly

4 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 10:17am On Jun 16, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
imagine o. An interview without rules and some people are here talking disqualification. Ridiculous to say the least cheesy cheesy
I weak for bones my brother. Funny thing be say some of them forget say them get candidates.

Since na to day throw difficult questions nah to storm the thread and throw my own questions make I see whether them nor go run enter Google. grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 16, 2016
LordofNairaland:
@Dygeasy, I am really disappointed in you. How can you justify plagiarism

There is no justification for this. She plagiarized. It shouldn't matter whose question she was fielding. Come on, how do you hope to even strengthen the integrity of this contest by views as the one you gave which would only encourage fraudulent activities with the encouragement that it would pass except only if it had anything to do with the organizers?

She cheated, she cheated. A cheat shouldn't be justified. If she can cheat before audiences, she is liable to cheat before even the organizers. It must have been her intention until she was caught. Please, disqualify her to discourage fraud in all its many forms. This singular act might go a long way in helping our desires to achieve greatness through means devoid of fraud.

Disqualifying a candidate based on tilted court of public opinion without contravention of a preset rule of engagement remains our problem in this clime.

For avoidance of doubt, nobody goes to prison without conviction. Which guiding rule has she broken? Pls let us know.

After all a NL member can only be banned with a clear statement of the preset rule contravened.

Response awaited.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by obiorathesubtle: 10:18am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Oby obyy, is that sarcasm I detect there?
undecided Joseph.. Everything above this comment makes me dizzy, how is it plagiarism if the original writer gave consent??

Why should this be brought up if there are no stated underlying conditions and what not on which a contestant should be disqualified??...

This rivalry is sickening undecided.. Pointless too..
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Dygeasy(m): 10:18am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

You don't expect someone to give you the correct answer of something she cannot relate to.

The fact that she chose to contest for this is not an opportunity for people to deliberately throw unrelated questions just to embarrass candidates and make them flop.

I'm sure that's what led to this whole issue. If I come on the interview thread today and ask a contestant a question concerning Law I can bet my phone charger that she will run to Google for answers.

None of them will tell you they don't know the answer to the questions thrown at them.
I was surprised too when that question was asked.

I have tried to look for the significance of that particular question in the scheme of things but then they'll say they're testing their intelligence. Their intelligence should be tested within context honestly.

Today I will make sure nobody comes to ask the contestants to prove any one of Newton's laws of motion to avoid situations like this.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by LordOfNaira: 10:20am On Jun 16, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
ECONOMICS IS DEFINED AS A SCIENCE WHICH STUDIES HUMAN BEHAVIOUR IN RELATION BETWEEN ENDS AND SCARCE MEAN WHICH HAVE ALTERNATIVE USE.
NOW HATERS TELL ME THAT I PLAGIARISED MY DEFINITION, BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT IS in COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMICS TEXTBOOK.
Cc repogirl and lordofnairaland

If I asked you to give an opinionated definition of Economics and you gave someone's else's opinionated definition, you have plagiarized.

If you check the back of your Economics textbook, you are probably certain to see references to textbooks used by the writers of the Economics textbook to guide them through their presentations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:20am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

Just like me asking you a question related to PHP, MySql and Database Security grin...
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by FTbomb(m): 10:20am On Jun 16, 2016
davide470:
Hi T,

We spoke yesternite and i didn't wanna bring this up till i saw this comment.

I wonder why this is still an issue.

You do know i write on Economic policies and i am also a part of Ivyy's advisory team, who advised her on answering said particular question. The said words being quoted on-here was taken out of a Paid Research report, as such, plagiarism is not an issue.

If someone can asked what devaluation is, it also mean i can ask the contestants to explain the working dynamics of a lathe machine (well, i studied engineering), a such, i expect them to know it too. (Don't ask my why).
so says a NAIRALAND MODERATOR who's supposed to stay neutral.. undecided i want to believe you're not responsible for all the hidden posts and threads that have iv.vy's name to them? seun, are you seeing this?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Smellymouth: 10:21am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

I promised you one crate of cold Orijin abi?

Wait till after fasting, I go deliver am to you grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Ishilove: 10:21am On Jun 16, 2016
Drama grin grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 16, 2016
LordofNairaland:

If I asked you to give an opinionated definition of Economics and you gave someone's else's opinionated definition, you have plagiarized.

If you check the back of your Economics textbook, you are probably certain to see references to textbooks used by the writers of the Economics textbook to guide them through their presentations.
Just go home Miss.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by CrudeGold: 10:22am On Jun 16, 2016
ronald4lif:
One could just imagine if it was either of the two 'front-runners' of the contest that had committed the 'offence'. Some of their mob would have been raging mad and dishing out e-slaps by now. Abeg make una take am easy o. grin

cheesy

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 16, 2016
FTbomb:
so says a NAIRALAND MODERATOR who's supposed to stay neutral.. undecided i want to believe you're not responsible for all the hidden posts and threads that have iv.vy's name to them? seun, are you seeing this?
Please bring the despot. grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Dygeasy(m): 10:23am On Jun 16, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Just like me asking you a question related to PHP, MySql and Database Security grin...
LOL
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:23am On Jun 16, 2016
Creamish:
Guys... D organizers have spoken. Ivyy will not be disqualified cos it wasn't an answer to an official question.

Can we pls drop this now? Geeezzz! undecided
Yes, be that as it may. She did break a Nairaland rule, which is rule 9 and thus, it warrants her a very good ban. You should know the Miss Nairaland rule doesn't surpass Nairaland rule itself.

No sentiment.

Cc: Seun
Mynd44
Dygeasy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:24am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
LOL

Baba, still hoping to hear from you. cheesy
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by FTbomb(m): 10:25am On Jun 16, 2016
StillBrandnew:

Please bring the despot. grin
gerrara hia! nobody quoted you
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by LordOfNaira: 10:25am On Jun 16, 2016
StillBrandnew:

Just go home Miss.

I am not who you suspect I am.

And just so you know, I am for Refiner.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by wristbangle: 10:25am On Jun 16, 2016
Sighs.. Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 10:25am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
I was surprised too when that question was asked.

I have tried to look for the significance of that particular question in the scheme of things but then they'll say they're testing their intelligence. Their intelligence should be tested within context honestly.

Today I will make sure nobody comes to ask the contestants to prove any one of Newton's laws of motion to avoid situations like this.

Please do o!

Cos I was already preparing to storm that thread this evening with my own questions.

Let me see if any of them can tell me the importance of jurisprudence in the Nigerian legal system.

And if anybody as such as checks Google to answer my question then we will hold her by her neck let her campaign team feel what Ivy's team is feeling too.

Please no questions out of context abeg. Contestants should be able ignore questions they can't answer to.

Nor be by force!
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by tosyne2much(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2016
LordofNairaland:
@Dygeasy, I am really disappointed in you. How can you justify plagiarism

There is no justification for this. She plagiarized. It shouldn't matter whose question she was fielding. Come on, how do you hope to even strengthen the integrity of this contest by views as the one you gave which would only encourage fraudulent activities with the encouragement that it would pass except only if it had anything to do with the organizers?

She cheated, she cheated. A cheat shouldn't be justified. If she can cheat before audiences, she is liable to cheat before even the organizers. It must have been her intention until she was caught. Please, disqualify her to discourage fraud in all its many forms. This singular act might go a long way in helping our desires to achieve greatness through means devoid of fraud.
I think I will answer your question. First and foremost, no one is trying to encourage other contestants to practise plagiarism. However, there were no laid down rules as regards the interview, therefore, what she did was not a ground to disqualify her since the purpose of the interview was only to introduce them to us and perhaps, increase their fan base.

It would make a lot of sense if you clamour we make an interview code of conducts every contestant must abide with, and anyone who fails to adhere will be disqualified

Am I making sense at all?

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

That's the thing, you say you don't know. If you had asked me that question, I would have told you, "I don't know". Simple. Not pretend to know and plagiarize. Gosh!.

I even asked ivy and lanicky questions base on their field of study, and lanicky didn't answer...

Cc: naijaboiy

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by CrudeGold: 10:27am On Jun 16, 2016
senibo1:
Dominique Farano myd44 Plz close this thread

Pretender! You're acting like a saint thinking we don't know Refiner's team started this attack and has been creating all the threads.

Biafrabushboy (KingInValhala), Repogirl and you, Maxi112, have been on this case.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by FTbomb(m): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Yes, be that as it may. She did break a Nairaland rule, which is rule 9 and thus, it warrants her a very good ban. You should know the Miss Nairaland rule doesn't surpass Nairaland rule itself.

No sentiment.

Cc: Se-un
Mynd-44
Dygeiasy
LOL! let's let this slide, bro. Ivvy is a nice chic...but her teammates are full of mischief wink
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 10:28am On Jun 16, 2016
Smellymouth:

I promised you one crate of cold Orijin abi?

Wait till after fasting, I go deliver am to you grin cheesy
gringrin
You want make we drink am together?

Oga bring my origin now because if you wait after fasting na ram I go collect. cheesy
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Creamish(f): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:

No sentiment.

Cc: Se.un
Mynd.44
Dygea.sy

A member of her team admitted to being the original author and he said he gave her his consent. Isn't that enough? Maybe what you need to do is investigate the author of that piece if u rily want to see this thing till the end...otherwise just let it slide..

Take it easy Joe.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:29am On Jun 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
I think I will answer your question. First and foremost, no one is trying to encourage other contestants to practise plagiarism. However, there were no laid down rules as regards the interview, therefore, what she did was not a ground to disqualify her.

The purpose of the interview was to introduce them to us and perhaps, increase their fan base

It would make a lot of sense if you clamour we make an interview code of conducts every contestant must abide with, and anyone who fails to adhere will be disqualified

I hope I'm making sense?
There is a laid down rule toysne, and its rule 9 something we've been frowning on in the Literature section.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2016
LordofNairaland:

wait a minute, i cannot believe that an A grade student wrote what i just raed in your reply.
That definition i gave is the acceptable definition of economics by lionel robbins.
For the fact that i gave the explanation and i was able to explain further shows i know and i understand the general acceptable concept of economics.
My dear this is not cheating.
For the fact that naij website accepted that concept from the writer, shows that they accepted the writer's point of view, now for ivyy to take an idea from it and delibrate further on it shows that she knows and understand the entire concept.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2016
FTbomb:
gerrara hia! nobody quoted you
Ignored.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? / #25000 Giveaway @5:00 Pm Today / Help! I Cum When Wearing Condom!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.