Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? (14123 Views)

SEUN Is My Boss, But This Is Why I Hate Him — I'm Grateful. [PICTURE] / Is This The Real Seun For Real? PHOTO / Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by tosyne2much(m): 9:54am On Jun 16, 2016
Let's take things easy please... To all those saying she should be disqualified, the interview is never a ground to disqualify anyone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
Do you suggest we, the hosts, take that step?
This your question beats me. In your own best knowledge does her "offence" warrant disqualification?

As a member of the organizing team, did you guys, at any point in time state any rule concerning the interview?

Why then are you confused mister?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2016
repogirl:

Cc. Dygeasy
Wristbangle.

Some people are saying it wasn't even one of the judges questions but as far as she replied on the interview thread and the intent was to bamboozle people into believing the answer was solely her's and gotten from her own intellect.... then she cheated and deceived, simple!

Cheated, deceived, stole and lied.

Clear cut copy and paste without reference to the source is simply plagiarism. I agree that a disqualification might be too harsh but that is the reality of this sort of thing. It is a serious, punishable offence.

What even adds insult upon injury is that she has refused to own up to it, when the evidence is glaring in our faces.

She could have shut this thing down in the beginning with a simple, yes, I got it from here but it was to buttress my point and sorry, I didn't realise I had to put the source. Simple.

Instead her camp came out with all sorts of watery excuses that cant hold garri, not to talk of water. Some even attempted to redefine the word, plagiarism. Hilarious!

Well, I hope someone has learnt a thing or two today. You don't copy someone's work word for word without reference to it or if you need to, then re arrange it and explain it in your own terms. Simple.

Go choke yourself with your Godamn opinion, the masters have spoken.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by obiorathesubtle: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Guy undecided

I don't think she should be disqualified.. Half the things on Nairaland, front page especially, are plagiarism.. Who's complaining?? She took few words from Naij.com.. Why should we complain about that one?? Just because a mimz supporter told everyone what she did.. You think all mimz supporters want her disqualified and that makes you think we're playing dirty or whatever.. Smh

You just contradicted yourself, but I'm not ready to drag the issue further..

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:55am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hello Sir,

This is my take on this issue. I understand where you are coming from about the issue of plagiarism and what not.

To be honest, Ivyy goofed by lifting off her answer from a response from another website but that isn't binding on us (the organizers of the contest) because the question wasn't put to her by us nor is the answer expected to be provided in anyway contributing to her chances of succeeding in the contest within the rules guiding the contest.

The interview was for awareness purpose, showcase of intelligence and I am quite sure you all would have made up your opinions and minds on whether to vote for which contestant based on their performances in the interview. That again doesn't concern the organizers.

That being said, Ivyy's act has only affected her chances with the audience not particularly with the organizers as she hasn't broken any of our rules. The audience is the judge with the power of their votes so it's in your hands. However, if this were to be a case where she plagiarized in her responses to any our own questions (which will come up in the contest), then she could be disqualified.

It's up to you (the audience) if you still want to vote for her or not.

Thank you.

I love This response!!

3 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by EzePromoe: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2016
amareto:
I tire o my brother, these mudslinging ineffectual buffoons are trying too hard to stain the girl's reputation on the forum. She answered all the other questions brilliantly but rather than focus on performance, they are everywhere bleating over a few lines she used to support her reply to a question.

MysticGal is a law student and she is quite intelligent too, we expect her to floor other contestants today.

Go Team MysticGal
Go Team Ivyy.
cheesy
Appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by obiorathesubtle: 9:58am On Jun 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
Let's take things easy please... To all those saying she should be disqualified, the interview is never a ground to disqualify anyone
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Dear Sir, most people dont understand that ...."No part of this work should be copied without the original consent of the writer"

Technically and Practically, she is guilty of the crime. and personally, i wont have a cheat as a Queen.

We love Nairaland.

Then speak for yourself and follow your mind.

Others have their opinions too.

Ivyy is a candidate to beat.

Gbam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Speakdatruth: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hello Sir,

This is my take on this issue. I understand where you are coming from about the issue of plagiarism and what not.

To be honest, Ivyy goofed by lifting off her answer from a response from another website but that isn't binding on us (the organizers of the contest) because the question wasn't put to her by us nor is the answer expected to be provided in anyway contributing to her chances of succeeding in the contest within the rules guiding the contest.

The interview was for awareness purpose, showcase of intelligence and I am quite sure you all would have made up your opinions and minds on whether to vote for which contestant based on their performances in the interview. That again doesn't concern the organizers.

That being said, Ivyy's act has only affected her chances with the audience not particularly with the organizers as she hasn't broken any of our rules. The audience is the judge with the power of their votes so it's in your hands. However, if this were to be a case where she plagiarized in her responses to any our own questions (which will come up in the contest), then she could be disqualified.

Thank you.
I share in dis opinion, I hope quoting u is not plagiarism too grin

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by cindykaey(f): 9:59am On Jun 16, 2016
Lezzlie:
Tell me about it.
I'm sure you know she stole someone else's story..

https://www.nairaland.com/3058508/husband-short-story

Original post
https://www.nairaland.com/1186445/laras-faith

6 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 16, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
Guy undecided

I don't think she should be disqualified.. Half the things on Nairaland, front page especially, are plagiarism.. Who's complaining?? She took few words from Naij.com.. Why should we complain about that one?? Just because a mimz supporter told everyone what she did.. You think all mimz supporters want her disqualified and that makes you think we're playing dirty or whatever.. Smh

You just contradicted yourself, but I'm not ready to drag the issue further..
contradiction or no contradiction, my point is, nobody should be disqualified. But then, if iivy be disqualified, then every contestants quilty of plagiarism should not be spared

Anyways, the decision has been made, NO DISQUALIFICATION

Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 16, 2016
Speakdatruth:
I share in dis opinion, I hope quoting u is not plagiarism too grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I Can't stop laughing.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Creamish(f): 10:00am On Jun 16, 2016
Guys... D organizers have spoken. Ivyy will not be disqualified cos it wasn't an answer to an official question.

Can we pls drop this now? Geeezzz! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by tosyne2much(m): 10:01am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hello Sir,

Thank you.
Nice one bro... Just as I said earlier, there were no rules regarding how they should answer their questions, therefore, what she did was not a ground to disqualify her

According to what she did, it's the discretion of the audience to decide whether to vote her in or out

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Laveda(f): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hello Sir,

Thank you.

Fair enough.

I like this!
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by tosyne2much(m): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

This your question beats me. In your own best knowledge does her "offence" warrant disqualification?

As a member of the organizing team, did you guys, at any point in time state any rule concerning the interview?

The hosts have discussed about the issue and she will remain in the contest unless she's voted out

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

As a member of the organizing team, [b] did you guys, at any point in time state any rule concerning the interview?

imagine o. An interview without rules and some people are here talking disqualification. Ridiculous to say the least cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 16, 2016
Wait a minute, i dont even understand why people wants to give themselvs high blood pressure because of ivyy.
You all failed to see the other end of her reply to the question, where she delibrated futher on the question asked.
What she did was to extract an idea from the said source and then explain the idea, which she did.
It is just like saying a student is a cheat because he wrote the definition of economics word by word as exactly what was written in economics textbook.
This to me is just envy and jealousy.
So will you guys now go to the lecturer and complain that this student cheated becaus she wrote what was inside the textbook forgetting that she explained further.
This is simply unbelievable.
I am ashame that some male and female folks here that i thought are highely educative are still on this issue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by davide470(m): 10:07am On Jun 16, 2016
repogirl:

Cc. Dygeasy
Wristbangle.

Some people are saying it wasn't even one of the judges questions but as far as she replied on the interview thread and the intent was to bamboozle people into believing the answer was solely her's and gotten from her own intellect.... then she cheated and deceived, simple!

Cheated, deceived, stole and lied.

Clear cut copy and paste without reference to the source is simply plagiarism. I agree that a disqualification might be too harsh but that is the reality of this sort of thing. It is a serious, punishable offence.

What even adds insult upon injury is that she has refused to own up to it, when the evidence is glaring in our faces.

She could have shut this thing down in the beginning with a simple, yes, I got it from here but it was to buttress my point and sorry, I didn't realise I had to put the source. Simple.

Instead her camp came out with all sorts of watery excuses that cant hold garri, not to talk of water. Some even attempted to redefine the word, plagiarism. Hilarious!

Well, I hope someone has learnt a thing or two today. You don't copy someone's work word for word without reference to it or if you need to, then re arrange it and explain it in your own terms. Simple.

Hi T,

We spoke yesternite and i didn't wanna bring this up till i saw this comment.

I wonder why this is still an issue.

You do know i write on Economic policies and i am also a part of Ivyy's advisory team, who advised her on answering said particular question. The said words being quoted on-here was taken out of a Paid Research report, as such, plagiarism is not an issue.

If someone can asked what devaluation is, it also mean i can ask the contestants to explain the working dynamics of a lathe machine (well, i studied engineering), as such, i expect them to know it too. (Don't ask my why).

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 10:07am On Jun 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
Nice one bro... Just as I said earlier, there were no rules regarding how they should answer their questions, therefore, what she did was not a ground to disqualify her

According to what she did, it's the discretion of the audience to decide whether to vote her in or out
Simple!

Its the discretion of the audience, neutral naira landers. Not people who already have candidates and are creating threads Upandan like the jobs they never had. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:07am On Jun 16, 2016
Speakdatruth:
u are evil
u have bin misleading everyone wit ur rants since yesterday, u don't deserve a conversation bro
Pardon me, how do you define 'evil'? By what pedigree do you use to define it? And are you in any position to speak on what's evil and what's not?

Answers bro, answers... Wouldn't expect one from you though, as you play to sentiment.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by LordOfNaira: 10:08am On Jun 16, 2016
@Dygeasy, I am really disappointed in you. How can you justify plagiarism

There is no justification for this. She plagiarized. It shouldn't matter whose question she was fielding. Come on, how do you hope to even strengthen the integrity of this contest by views as the one you gave which would only encourage fraudulent activities with the encouragement that it would pass except only if it had anything to do with the organizers?

She cheated, she cheated. A cheat shouldn't be justified. If she can cheat before audiences, she is liable to cheat before even the organizers. It must have been her intention until she was caught. Please, disqualify her to discourage fraud in all its many forms. This singular act might go a long way in helping our desires to achieve greatness through means devoid of fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:09am On Jun 16, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
undecided yea, I'm sure you would..
Oby obyy, is that sarcasm I detect there?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 16, 2016
ECONOMICS IS DEFINED AS A SCIENCE WHICH STUDIES HUMAN BEHAVIOUR IN RELATION BETWEEN ENDS AND SCARCE MEAN WHICH HAVE ALTERNATIVE USE.
NOW HATERS TELL ME THAT I PLAGIARISED MY DEFINITION, BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT IS in COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMICS TEXTBOOK.
Cc repogirl and lordofnairaland

2 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 16, 2016
LordofNairaland:

There is no justification for this. She plagiarized. It shouldn't matter whose question she was fielding. Come on, how do you hope to even strengthen the integrity of this contest by views as the one you gave which would only encourage fraudulent activities with the encouragement that it would pass except only if it had anything to do with the organizers?

She cheated, she cheated. A cheat shouldn't be justified. If she can cheat before audiences, she is liable to cheat before even the organizers. It must have been her intention until she was caught. Please, disqualify her to discourage fraud in all its many forms. This singular act might go a long way in helping our desires to achieve greatness through means devoid of fraud.

Chai !

Just go home.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Speakdatruth: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2016
Okikiki:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I Can't stop laughing.
lol
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 10:13am On Jun 16, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

How if i may ask?
You agreed to promoe's opinion, that's why its flawed.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by naijaboiy: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2016
davide470:
Hi T,

We spoke yesternite and i didn't wanna bring this up till i saw this comment.

I wonder why this is still an issue.

You do know i write on Economic policies and i am also a part of Ivyy's advisory team, who advised her on answering said particular question. The said words being quoted on-here was taken out of a Paid Research report, as such, plagiarism is not an issue.

If someone can asked what devaluation is, it also mean i can ask the contestants to explain the working dynamics of a lathe machine (well, i studied engineering), a such, i expect them to know it too. (Don't ask my why).
The questions people ask is another issue organizers should look at.

You don't expect someone to give you the correct answer of something she cannot relate to.

The fact that she chose to contest for this is not an opportunity for people to deliberately throw unrelated questions just to embarrass candidates and make them flop.

I'm sure that's what led to this whole issue. If I come on the interview thread today and ask a contestant a question concerning Law I can bet my phone charger that she will run to Google for answers.

None of them will tell you they don't know the answer to the questions thrown at them.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2016
[size=18pt]Case dismissed. Next pls!![/size] cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Dygeasy(m): 10:15am On Jun 16, 2016
LordofNairaland:

She cheated with the audience. Yes. Deal with her by (not) voting for her.

If she cheats with the organizers, be rest assured she will be dealt with.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 16, 2016
LordofNairaland:

You've been promised se.x right? By some of your group members or your candidate

I would advise you to keep mute and follow orders. Okay?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Oby obyy, is that sarcasm I detect there?

Now I really understand why muva dissed you. Since last night dude. Did you even sleep?

Damn!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

Can You Swear A Blood Oath To Keep Your Relationship? / +18 - I F*cked This Married Woman Without... To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] / I Av Been Through More Than This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.