Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,221 members, 7,860,407 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:33 AM

For Better For Worse. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Better For Worse. (824 Views)

''For Better For Worse''- What does it really mean? Do we practise it? / Why Being A Side Chick Is Better For You… / For Better Or For Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Better For Worse. by Idahsteve: 10:36am On Aug 31, 2009
pls i will appreciate comments on the firness in the word 'for better for worse'.

people have become enslaved and trapped in marriage because of the existence of such philosophies even when its obvious they are fed up.
Re: For Better For Worse. by sweetpie23: 10:42am On Aug 31, 2009
Some marriages are great - but they tend to be when both partners work hard at building it up and not knocking it down! undecided
Re: For Better For Worse. by Atreus(f): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2009
I firmly believe in marriage being for better or worse. Marriage is a big deal-making a commitment to be with someone for the rest of your life is very serious,and we should treat it as such. People shouldnt go into marriage thinking if it doesnt work out,or if i suddenly decide i'm feeling 'trapped',i can just walk out. That's just plain selfish.
Re: For Better For Worse. by chiejik(f): 11:11am On Aug 31, 2009
is for better for whost,yea i believe
Re: For Better For Worse. by biola44: 11:16am On Aug 31, 2009
but it takes both partners 2 make it so
Re: For Better For Worse. by tunery004(m): 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2009
its a free world u stay when u both re enjoying it but if both parties re tired then they shud mutually part ways
Re: For Better For Worse. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2009
Idahsteve:

pls i will appreciate comments on the firness in the word 'for better for worse'.

people have become enslaved and trapped in marriage because of the existence of such philosophies even when its obvious they are fed up.

Marriage is not a trap, its a commitment. And you dont bail out of a commitment once the going gets rough!!
Re: For Better For Worse. by biola44: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2009
wat if one partner is unreasonable?
Re: For Better For Worse. by olovezej(f): 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2009
Yeah. It's for better for worse that's y you should try look carefully b4 u leap. If it becomes rough, work n smoothen it
Re: For Better For Worse. by Atreus(f): 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2009
@biola,let's assume the unreasonable partner is a man. Did she not know he was unreasonable before she married him?
Re: For Better For Worse. by biola44: 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2009
but change is d only constant thing
Re: For Better For Worse. by Mitchelin(m): 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2009
This here be my take on the issue, for better for worse,every post has a point. While acquiescing to the fact that marriage is a commitment,personally I feel that should the going get rough as regards economic situations (cos that is more often than not the "worse"part in the aggrement),both partners should stick it it out, unfortunately this isn't the case as either one of the partner bails out,and I guess everyone knows who, no offense meant,gotta tell it like it is.
Now on the other hand in a relatively well to do family the "worst"part could be infidelity on the part of either spouse and no offense meant too, we all know who, ok,the heck with it, the afore
mentioned partner in the economic scenario I painted is the woman, most women can't stand a broke man, they may abide for a while hoping everything get's OK,but when it looks like Hurricane Sufferhead is intent on wrecking the marital bliss landscape she won't hesitate to vamoose,and the real motherly ones also take off with their kids ( no problem, as the man is so broke he can't even feed them),while the real bitchy ones won't give a hoot,they'd leave the man stuck up with the kids (after all he fathered them didn't he). So this kind of family is doomed. The thing here as a man is to watch for the signs, and oh, forget about the whole courtship thing, won't work,if a woman has evil intent, God save the man,she can camouflage her real intents for years on end til she becomes the lady of the house and out comes her real persona (though I concede to the fact that some brothers are pretty good in spotting the signs).
So check out her temperament when you tell her there is no money available for certain thing she demands, does she sulk,does she withdraw from her conjugal obligations, if she does,danger ahead, initiate corrective,preventive, or safety measures immediately as the day your worst fear comes through virtue of losing the job or some otherwise financial calamity, it is over,kaput,finito,and if yáll got kids,it's worse!.
As for the second scenario, a well to do home,of course more often than not the man is cheating on the wife, yeah,that's right,tell it like it is. So also ladies watch for the signs, unlike females I've discovered men can't hide their true self for long in a courtship, he's caught by his fiancee severally, and of course she would forgive him, that's why we'll do it again and again and again,then go on our knees and tell you all the gibberish and mumbo jumbo you wan to hear,bout you being our moon,our milky way, christ! the things women believe!!!
End of story there's a sensational wedding and he starts cheating on her gain,but right now he doesn't give a damn,as she's his already,she's a Mrs, either live with all the comforts he provides,,,a good crib,a car for you,good school for the kids, or take a hike, you can't have both, now she's a prisoner, all smiles outside but so so sad inside, she lives just for the kids,and if she has a job, she throws herself into it,and the bitchy inclined might just get a boyfriend,but of course,we'll get to know, so you've made matters worse as the man has been given a very legit excuse to cheat some more and what's more, you get thrown out of your home for being a LovePeddler and adulteress, so you lose everything, the kids, everything.
So back to the poser, if you were in the above described situation,would you stay for the worse?
The better for worse thing,is I think an academic statement, let each man work out his own salvation, I don't advise any one to be in a marriage that would jeopardize your mental,physical,emotional,and spiritual well being, a situation that obtains in a lot of homes,frighteningly a lot, do you folks really comprehend what FOREVER means, do yáll!!!
Every one deserves the right to the pursuit of happiness,and if that pursuit shows you the exit sign as regards your marital life,as long as you've given Ur best,done everything in Ur unselfish motive to right matters and it still comes to naught,then God bless the day you leave that bondage. Am done.

(1) (Reply)

Few Thoughts / Telling A Lie Can Strengthening A Relationship. True Or False? / Help Me Ooooooooooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.