Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,629 members, 7,847,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:58 PM

Tennis: US Open 2009 - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: US Open 2009 (14328 Views)

Tennis US Open 2012.. / Us Open Tennis 2011: Djokovic Vs Nadal Live / Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2009
@Dayo

who dey yarn okpaks for there about FEDERER ? angry
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by jaybee3(m): 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2009
dayokanu:

When would viewlekan start making sense. The amount of poppycocks you yarn every second is enough to sink the Titanic.

Nadal was injured yet he beat Gonzalez 3 straight set, Federer's era is over yet he won 2 GS already this year when his era his over. Didnt we all see the way Nadal was sent out of Roland Garros? Before Federer schooled Nadals conqueror Soderling.

Let Nadal worry about other young players coming up. Federer has how many slams? Let Nadal match that first.

Federer has only lost GS to Tsonga Novak and Nadal.
Rafa has lost to DjokovicTsonga, Del Potro, Soderling, Murray and Federer.

I dare say Nadal can NEVER match Federers record even if the Swiss stop playing tennis today.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2009
Jaybee Thanks

Then interchange the Novak for Tsonga in Nadals streak of conquerors

The Fed express era is gone for good, we are just awaiting the new King!

Dr Kit, that was the ignorant post made ealier, Fedex era is gone yet he has won 2 Slams already, lost a final and in another semi finals.

Like I said enough misyarn to sink the titanic
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by DrKitaun(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2009
LOL, . . I been think say na only footie people dey yarn dust shocked grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2009
@ kit,

I tire o. A player whose era is gone and won 2 slams I wish my era could be gone like that too.

Andy Murray who is at his peak has yet to win half a slam and thy claim is young.

FYI Del Potro is 20!!!!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Sauron1: 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2009
Djokovic means business. . . . . .
He is not taking anything for granted.

Come on Roger. . . . . .Thunk this dude.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Borat1: 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2009
I went out on a limb and was had. Kudos to del potro. He had a fine game. Lets see if novak can spring any such surprises.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by C2H5OH(f): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2009
LMAOoooo viewuwkan your post made me lol.
Injuries are a part of sports, stop making it seem like Champions who avoid injury have some unnatural, unfair advantage over others. Just admit he got his ass handed to him. There is no other way to sugarcoat it. He's a great player nevertheless.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 10:06pm On Sep 13, 2009
dayokanu:

@ kit,

I tire o. A player whose era is gone and won 2 slams I wish my era could be gone like that too.

Andy Murray who is at his peak has yet to win half a slam and thy claim is young.
FYI Del Potro is 20!!!!
I laff in deutsche. D.I.C.K.E.E stop yarning opatas jare. Murray is a late bloomer and he is far from reaching his peak period. I insist murray will win a minimum of 2 grandslams.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2009
dayokanu:

When would viewlekan start making sense. The amount of poppycocks you yarn every second is enough to sink the Titanic.

Nadal was injured yet he beat Gonzalez 3 straight set, Federer's era is over yet he won 2 GS already this year when his era his over. Didnt we all see the way Nadal was sent out of Roland Garros? Before Federer schooled Nadals conqueror Soderling.

Let Nadal worry about other young players coming up. Federer has how many slams? Let Nadal match that first.

Federer has only lost GS to Tsonga and Nadal.
Rafa has lost to Djokovic, Del Potro, Murray and Federer.

I dare say Nadal can NEVER match Federers record even if the Swiss stop playing tennis today.

Get off your high horse and remove your tin foil hat my friend!

Admittedly Fed is arguably the best tennis player ever but he is not as invisible as he used to be.The fact is that gone are those days when he wins matches 3 sets to love throughout the year, he has lost 10 times this year while been fit ( I noticed you didnt comment about the crying episode in Melborne, that was a disgrace!!!).

If I can remind you that the debate is of twofolds:

1.You indicated that Murray was a useless player that had no chance of winning a GS, Rubbish

2.Nadal was beaten 6-2 6-2 6-2, and in your usual form infered that he is not a good player, once again nonsensical!

I am not a soothsayer ,so I wouldn't be able to say for sure if Nadal or any other player can match Fed.The same was said a couple of years ago about Sampras,but we are all living witness to record breaking streak of Fedrerar
Unlike those days where there was only a handful of potentials, we are awash with talent today.My point is Fed has made his mark(no doubt and no one can take that away from him) but his days of domination is over,the respect is gone, and gone forever.When you play against a champion, the nerves come into play and in most cases an individual tends to play below form mainly because of respect.I am not too sure if you watched Tsongas game against Fed, ( he was literarily beaten hands down) despite the fact he took the first set.

Another interesting phenomena in the game is the presence of very tall players like Delpotro,Marin cilic etc who are 6 foot 5 and above.This players traditionally have been confined to sports like basketball,handball and if they didnt perform they had no chance but with Bolt doing wonders in the sprints,coaches are beginning to explore other sports tall players could have a comparative advantage.A Cilic or Del-potro at their best (of course with the skills) would murder Fed or nadal on the court.

Not to be flippant,I hope you can see my point.

P.S.  Can you please keep it civil as opposed to your normal Amala induced arguements!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2009
Lmao cheesy
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2009
C2H5OH:

LMAOoooo viewuwkan your post made me lol.
Injuries are a part of sports, stop making it seem like Champions who avoid injury have some unnatural, unfair advantage over others. Just admit he got his ass handed to him. There is no other way to sugarcoat it. He's a great player nevertheless.

I never tried to exonerate Nadals performance because of his injury.I merely stated it would be a legitimate factor alongside the fact he had to play 2 matches in 2 days.Fed has had tremendous luck in avoiding injury and it adds to his profile as a champion but in a debate it is quite valid to make comparative analysis as to what if?, you get me !!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by C2H5OH(f): 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2009
"I've never been in a fight in my whole life, so I don't know why she would feel threatened"
grin grin grin ROTFL
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Borat1: 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2009
Wozniacki (spelling) sounds like the name of a terrorist hijacker. shocked
Go novak! Maybe after your win today you'd take a dig at serena? grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2009
Serena's press post match conference was hilarious grin The gal is unrepentant and funny.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by C2H5OH(f): 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2009
viewlekan:

but in a debate it is quite valid to make comparative analysis as to what if?, you get me !!
Not when it diminishes from the great accomplishment of the player being undermined.  These are professionals we're talking about here.  That's a silly appeal to pity.  If we start conducting speculative analysis on championships, we won't get anywhere.

tubabie:

Serena's press post match conference was hilarious grin The gal is unrepentant and funny.
grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2009
P.S.  Can you please keep it civil as opposed to your normal Amala induced arguements!

I cant imagine someone with the quotes below would scream about civility

IMO, if anyone needs to seek help it would be someone who consistently argues amiss!

P.S If NYPD does a good job tonite you should definitely be arrested for OPATA yearns !
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Borat1: 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2009
Yes, No, I dont Know! grin
How did novak lose that set! My goodness! shocked
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2009
Federer takes the first set. His era is truly over!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2009
dayokanu:

I cant imagine someone with the quotes below would scream about civility

You are not that naive ? I am surprised that you didn't  get I was implicitly implying! grin

In simple understandable English, Bring it ON
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2009
Go play somewhere I am busy watching the beyond his era Federer beat Novak
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2009
dayokanu:

Federer takes the first set. His era is truly over!!!!!!!!!!

" The whole world takes a tumble", He took the the first set via a tie break!!!!

Dayokanu I am essentially saying the match has not ended yet( in case you dont understand that as well) grin

Are you watching it or listening to commentaries on radio( the game is tight), I predict a long night( or day) depending where you are.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2009
dayokanu:

Go play somewhere I am busy watching the beyond his era Federer beat Novak

Na the thing wey I wan do to you be that , Dayo na lekan .haaaaaahhaa.How far? padie
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2009
Which Lekan is this, there should be like a million Lekan all over the world
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Borat1: 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2009
How much is the prize money for the US OPEN?
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 11:18pm On Sep 13, 2009
dayokanu:

Which Lekan is this, there should be like a million Lekan all over the world

Na me you dey use shine , you dey craze!, Kelly dey burst laugh! How many Lekan u no sef ?Abegiiii
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 11:22pm On Sep 13, 2009
~Borat~:

How much is the prize money for the US OPEN?

$1,600,000 for the winner

runner-up gets $800,000
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 11:23pm On Sep 13, 2009
Omo. Lekan lolllllllllll

Ah ah You funny oh.  Na me you dey tackle? You think say na Tuns we dey? Wey we dey down bottles of beer

When did you sign up on Nairaland?

Omo Longest time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 13, 2009
Aswerigad, this is the best i've seen Djorkovic play.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2009
Djokovic's best still trails Federer 2 sets to 0
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 11:29pm On Sep 13, 2009
dayokanu:

Omo. Lekan lolllllllllll

Ah ah You funny oh.  Na me you dey tackle? You think say na Tuns we dey? Wey we dey down bottles of beer

When did you sign up on Nairaland?

Omo Longest time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don sign up a couple of months back, nothing serious until I see a lot of your Opata grin.

I just say make I ruffle your feathers a bit, How e be my brother?
I think say u go don know say na me, obviously you are not that observant, hehe!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 13, 2009
dayokanu:

Djokovic's best still trails Federer 2 sets to 0
YOu must admit, Federer has been lucky . . . .this evening at least

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Alternative Routes During Access Bank Lagos City Marathon February 11 2017 / Andriy Shevchenko Appointed Head Coach Of Genoa FC / Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.