Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (58571 Views)

Desmond Elliot And Uche Jombo's Throwback Photo / Uche Jombo And Her Son At Vegas Poolside Birthday Party [PICS] / Baba Dee Lends Support To Olori Wuraola's Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by kikies(m): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
Den I suggest more girl/ladies/women r reoriented about wat gender equality really refers to,looking at it from Uches angle.
I support that

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by K9blunt(f): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:

she don manage go marry mexican she is now the role model for our naija girls.

u need to look at ur culture and adjust accordingly , this internet era has done more evil than good.

if u marry a good man that loves u, u wont need all this equal rubbish, because no one will be treated as a sub.

i am not equal to my husand and my kids are not equal to me.

my hubby wears the crown, so wen i say to my my oga say '' NO,i cant go to that party '' i say it with pride.

he is the head.

Correct, thats nice

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by UIA04(f): 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
olaremint:
I really want women to be equal with us, so that we can share house rent, school fees, car maintenance, feeding in the house, and many more, don't be decieved by cooking, cleaning the house and taking care of the kids, I can always pay an house help to do that.
Just because your wife is a full time housewife doesn't mean that there are women in this country that don't share these things equally and still do house work.
In fact like Charly boy said the most important need of most men to women is the sperm. If not some women are already men in female bodies.

4 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Sylverly(m): 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
I hope with the gender equality bill:
-She won't wait for me to ask her out first.
-I won't be the one running around to get her a flower on val.
-I won't be the one to pay for the movie ticket ( more or less paying for her two other friends).
-lastly, she won't open that her mouth to tell me "ladies first" nor wait for Mr to open the car door for her.
#if so, oya mk we play the equality game

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by DeRay98(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
TooNoisy:
Inferiority complex is Uche's problem and that of other feminists.

The Olori said women are not equal to men. She never said men are superior, she never said women should be slaves to any man. All she said was that both men and women have major roles to play. What is wrong in that?

She does not support the gender equality bill because she does not see the need for it. Men and women were created differently; it does not mean women are inferior!

Uche is trying hard to be relevant!
How bless you plenty, let them dey form civilized women...

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by UIA04(f): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
kikies:
Den I suggest more girl/ladies/women r reoriented about wat gender equality really refers to,looking at it from Uches angle.
I support that
Exactly.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
XaviDayo:

Uncle, abeg help....kindly mention the kinds of jobs where Men are paid more and both put in same effort. Secondly, give us examples of countries practicing this allegation of urs!!!
Gracias
Itz a pity you have mb for nairaland but refuse to google simple facts. Anyways, http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/12/us/equal-pay-day/
That's a link for you and April 12 is known as equal pay day and is marked in the US. Satisfied?

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:
Uche pls Shut up,

must u answer everything?

see the yeye nollywood wey una dey, its crumbling fast and u are here fighting equality.

Men are women can NEVER be equal ,we all have our strenghts in diffrent areas, Unless u marry a Weak man.

So many ignorant women and men here. Gender equality is not about marriage but the society. The only man the Bible asks a woman to submit to is her husband, outside of that she is equal to every other man or woman. gender equality is talking about equal rights in society and not discriminating based on gender e.g Landlords not renting to single women but they will rent to single men! places in Nigeria where women cant inherit from their father just because shes a woman! You lot focus too much on marriage which is why you think everything is about marriage. imagine a woman in a meeting with her male colleagues and then the boss will ask her to go and make tea just because she's a woman despite the fact that their are junior male colleagues present angry That is the kind of crap we are talking about. if the women before didnt fight for your right you would not even have had a chance to go to school not to talk of getting a job. if the world was full of women like you women would not have rights to vote or drive now because you would have just agreed that yes because men know better.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by uzolexis(f): 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
XaviDayo:

Bro abi na sista, leave this story, all the cases you mentioned are just movies. Why dint you make a case for guys that rose in ranks by sleeping with women. Women like Jumbo will stay single for life. Am not cursing but her view is so lame. Nobody is talking down any woman. These days, women want you to wipe baby bumbum, boil rice, wash her clothes all in the name of equality. A wise woman will see these qualities as a blessing in the man she married while the stubborn ones see them as a chore for the man. They live under the illusion that a man and a woman is 50/50. It will never be so.
see yourself, Uche Jumbo is married FYI

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
AgricSalt:

Oga you should've called the guy's belief a belief but you choose to call it "tales". You started the rudeness.

We cannot all be intimidated about our faith. Especially with one having no belief or identity. Or ask yourself 'what is my identity? What do I believe in?'
No I did not call it "tales" I said "The tale" . I am not here to teach you English but the two have different meanings a tale is a narrative or story while "tales" could mean lies as in "telling tales". Telling tales and telling a tale are different things. People who grew up on kerosene cooked food will struggle with these nuances but how is that my problem??
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by kikies(m): 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
because I dnt understand y Novak Djokovic shld b paid more than Serena Williams for bin champions of the same tournament

Serena with her strong ass alone suppose dey collect equal is not slightly more........na joke I dey oo grin grin grin
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by stingbreed(m): 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
Scatterscatter:
Mumu talk every where.

Peeps, I'm sorry I'll have to come from the religious point of view here:

God created us equal but He made the man "the head" just as Christ is the head of the church.

The wife is the man's responsibility; for this reason, it is written in the Bible that a man that can't provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

Women respect your husband and you husband, love your wife,. So says the Bible.

The family is the first institution created by God and it is through this institution He intends to populate and replenish the earth, raising children that will be God fearing and responsible.
The Devil's assignment aside to kill, steal and destroy is also to attack the family institution.
One of illuminati's grand plan is to reduce world population and the feminism trend that is all around is part of the plan of the devil.

If you attack the family, the church will be weak, the children will be rebellious, the home will be in shambles and the world at large will be easy for the devil to manipulate.

Ever wondered why divorce and depression rate is higher in the developed countries despite the booming economy?

My dear feminist, every man is egoistic that is the reason a man that is in love with is wife, either responsible or not will go to any length to provide for is home simple because he doesn't want another man to take his place. God put the ego in man for a reason(to work harder to earn more for the family and also to defend his famiky) ever wondered why the man will lock-up the children and wife in the room while he goes out to face the armed robbers even if it a suicide mission.

The moment you challenge a man or you aim to be equal with him, trust me u'll never get the best from that man.

Women, learn to love, respect and trust your men.
You married him because you know he is capable to lead, don't drag the steering with him.

Offer words of encouragement, advice, support, take care of him because he is your big baby, and don't ever make him feel less than the man of the home.

Dear Nlanders, let's all pray against the wave of feminism and let's pray for more love and understanding in the home.

God bless you all

SCATTERSCATTER DON COME BACK AGAIN
To add to this,, ladies please go se the movie WAR ROOM.. U will be glad u did smiley

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by RaeMystix: 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
Araoluwa005:
Uche, remember say shoe get sizes o. the Olori(Queen) can never come so low to answer you

"COME SO LOW"?. Was she going higher before?. Is she not the same Olori who about 4 months ago was outed by her inner circle about her alleged sexual escapades with rich married men, and also failed marriages past?. SHE IS AS LOW AS THEY COME. One can't become classy overnight.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cornel994(m): 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Making mountain outta molehills...
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=bebe2 post=46696676]

she don manage go marry mexican she is now the role model for our naija girls.

u need to look at ur culture and adjust accordingly , this internet era has done more evil than good.

if u marry a good man that loves u, u wont need all this equal rubbish, because no one will be treated as a sub.

i am not equal to my husand and my kids are not equal to me.

my hubby wears the crown, so wen i say to my my oga say '' NO,i cant go to that party '' i say it with pride.

he is the head.[/quote

Madam stop being ignorant Gender equality is not about marriage! is your son superior to your daughter? they many have different roles but do you give them equal chances? thats what gender equality is about

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Megasaucy(f): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Confused lots. Why dont they simply seek an amendment to the Labour Act? Or simply sponsor an Equal Opportunity Act fashioned after the Fundamental Human Rights Law and enforceable in similar fashion? An Equal Opportunity Act will better protect the rights of women; the physically challenged; the unemployed; the underemployed; support equal pay for equal work; guarantee the right of access to employment and freedom from discrimination in employment opportunity based on cultural precepts, place of origin, gender, sexual orientation,political leaning or lack of it and non communicable disease.

A gender equality bill will be self serving, invidious and antithetical to the traditional African culture and the important role of women in it. The bill will tear the fabrics of the family as a unit. It's enforcement would be a nightmare to the law enforcement agencies. It would be an instrument of blackmail and oppresion and not of liberation. Our society, our children and loved ones would bear the brunt of it.

I disagree with the highly respected actress on what Nigerian women need right now. I believe it is an Equal Opportunity Act for all Nigerians based on merit and not on gender. We do not want the decadence of the Western society imported through needless legislation to corrupt our African values.

The Olori was right!

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
ziddy:

I smell a feminist cheesy

Dont allow your activism tamper with your brain though, notice I said 'this society' i never referred to the world in general. Use your brain please.
1. Am not a feminist, am just someone who thinks. U should try it sometimes. Itz not that difficult.
2. U said "this society". So as long as something obtains in our society they should not be questioned or challenged even if they are repulsive. Remember practices like slavery, killing of twins were once acceptable in some societies.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by stingbreed(m): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
tiamiyukunle69:
No wahala na.......let both gender pay the bills, let all of us do the tough jobs, I don't have to open the door for you, no more ladies first, nothing like the weaker vessels anymore, it's now survival of the fittest
Guy u wicked o,, chai grin

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
kikies:
because I dnt understand y Novak Djokovic shld b paid more than Serena Williams for bin champions of the same tournament

Serena with her strong ass alone suppose dey collect equal is not slightly more........na joke I dey oo grin grin grin
There is a subtle difference with this I suport equality fully but I do not think pay should be equal on this one pay should be determined by viewership. How many people watch which games ? Just like in a boxing event there are several fights but there is one fixture that sells the tickets. There have been times when Serena and her sister have dominated tickets sales and also TV viewership and pay should reflect that. That is business just like Tom Cruise will receive more money than other actors on the same film. For me that is not a gender issue but a business/market one. Male models are paid very little compared to females.Again I have no problem with that that is the market talking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by oshaosha2014(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
Kate henshaw that used to talk ill about Nigerian men that they are too authoritative, in other words, they are too in control, has divorced her oyinbo husband. White guys wey sabi mumu for woman well well, wey dey even support gender quality nonsense how come dem divorce. this world cannot satisfy the female gender, NO. Give them that equality shit finish, the next thing na to ask say they want make una dey address them as "man" not "woman" anymore because they see nothing that a man can achieve that they themselves commot.

Bottomline... if the whole world accept this demonic gender equality of a thing we could assume that we are all men. Then as men we would have no woman to make our wives.

rotimileke:
If at all Uche Jombo is married, how stable is her marriage? They want to turn Nigeria to America where everyone have a mother but no father. foolish feminist. Give her two years from now and she will be divorced.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
stingbreed:
Guy u wicked o,, chai grin

we dont have a problem with any of that. most women pay bills in their homes and many are breadwinners sef. no one needs you to open door when my arm is not broken and weaker vessel for what when girls will pass you in school and women will be your superiors at work.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Excellentmind: 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Men and women have no business being equal, no matter how the argument is twisted. Not even Uche can equalise men and women without first finding out from God why he decided to make woman a help mate.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Adefemiaderoju1: 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Wuse Jumbo you are not with your senses on this one
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
oshaosha2014:
Kate henshaw that used to talk ill about Nigerian men that they are too authoritative, in other words, they are too in control, has divorced her oyinbo husband. White guys wey sabi mumu for woman well well, wey dey even support gender quality nonsense how come dem divorce. this world cannot satisfy the female gender, NO. Give them that equality shit finish, the next thing na to ask say they want make una dey address them as "man" not "woman" anymore because they see nothing that a man can achieve that they themselves commot.

Bottomline... if the whole world accept this demonic gender equality of a thing we could assume that we are all men. Then as men we would have no woman to make our wives.

you people should take time to read about the bill. its not about marriages but the generally society e.g office, school and such. why should a woman not be allowed to inherit property from her father? those are the things we are talking about. the law is not interested with who wears the pants in your house
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Adeevah(m): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
And who is uche jumbo

We don't know him[b][/b](lol) here
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by stingbreed(m): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
kennygee:

Uche never argued that the Man isn't the head of the home, only that women should not be seen as lesser than men.

Both parties have different roles and responsibilities. A woman's roles is even more hectic than a man's, even tho the man has authority and is Lord over the woman.

It is quick and easy for African men to say "I'm the man of the house, I'm the Lord". But what does the bible say about the duties of husband and wife, Men are to love their wives like Christ loved the church, so much that Christ gave his life for the church. Wives are to submit, under this love that this husband gives.

A man who loves his wife won't see her as a subject, but as a team mate.

I think that's what Uche is trying to say.
U make a lot of sense but believe me that's not what uche had in mind when she typed those words,, look at a man & look at a woman, they are very different from physically to emotionally. Man and wife is just like a president and his vice...
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Excellentmind:
Men and women have no business being, no matter how the argument is twisted. Not even Uche can equalise men and women without first finding out from God why he decided to make woman a help mate.
A helpMATE, shez a mate not a slave..

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by 989900: 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
cheesy

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by stingbreed(m): 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
bluestone2015:
All my life, I had always been privileged to be ahead of men of my age.

In the University, I had lots of men asking to sit with me to copy my answers.

At Work, I often have lots of men as subordinates.

In life generally, most of my male friends and colleagues come to me for investment advice because they are impressed with my performance.

I am trying to understand the issue of gender equality because it seems that I am superior to a lot of men of my age. I rather think the men are trying to catch up with me.

From my experience, I concluded that the most intelligent remains the most superior.

So fellow women. Try to enhance yourselves and strive for the best. Remain at the top of anything you are doing. You will see that people will give you a lot of respect. Males and females alike.

I am writing from experience.
I love this smiley
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by obagangan: 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
@Ushe jombo rodriqez, am so sorry for ur hubby, let me tell u, evwn in the eye of God man is suprior, I can never and ever be equal to u, even if u Are the first lady. note the first lady can ever say she is equal to PMB.

note: Am not sayiny women ain't specially made be equal forget it.

pls stop sreading false gospel.

that is why majority of u cannot be under a man authority. b'coc of ur gendal equality u go against The Almigth Gods will.

pls where did God say I created them equally.
my dear Olori pls continue to remain submisive. the Lord is ur strength and u will continue to be a good role model to the new generatn of womanwood.

Olori I love u always. remain suppotive to my king. shallom
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Excellentmind:
Men and women have no business being, no matter how the argument is twisted. Not even Uche can equalise men and women without first finding out from God why he decided to make woman a help mate.

she's only a helpmate to her husband not every other man on the road. she is equal to every other man, that is what we are talking about. your daughter is equal to your son and though you may give them them different chores you must ensure they get equal opportunities

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
obagangan:
@Ushe jombo rodriqez, am so sorry for ur hubby, let me tell u, evwn in the eye of God man is suprior, I can never and ever be equal to u, even if u Are the first lady. note the first lady can ever say she is equal to PMB.

note: Am not sayiny women ain't specially made be equal forget it.

pls stop sreading false gospel.

that is why majority of u cannot be under a man authority. b'coc of ur gendal equality u go against The Almigth Gods will.

pls where did God say I created them equally.
my dear Olori pls continue to remain submisive. the Lord is ur strength and u will continue to be a good role model to the new generatn of womanwood.

Olori I love u always. remain suppotive to my king. shallom
I don't know if I should flog u or weep for u. So if and when u give birth to children, u will consider your son superior to ur daughter. And itz instructive that the highest position you perceived for women is first lady not president. Or your God also sed women cannot be presidents?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Beyonce And Jay Z $90Million Home (Photos) / Annie Idibia In Towel, Ready To Swim With Her Daughters (pics,vid ) / D'banj & Olamide Perform At A Wedding Reception In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.