Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (58585 Views)

Desmond Elliot And Uche Jombo's Throwback Photo / Uche Jombo And Her Son At Vegas Poolside Birthday Party [PICS] / Baba Dee Lends Support To Olori Wuraola's Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by pahen1991: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nonsense . Looking for attention

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
neocortex:

I think the main issue lies in the meaning of "gender equality" and
the dictionary meaning isn't worth the salt.

Equal opportunity and equal rights is universally accepted(at least in
civilised non-theocratic countries) and is being promoted. So any discrimination
in social , legal or career circle based on gender is immoral and totally wrong.

What usually cause disagreements is the home front especially husband
and wife relationship. I admit that there are many backward culture which
restricts and even dehumanise women in certain situations but they are the
exceptions not the rule.

Gender equality as being promoted by feminists is equal(even superior in some cases) role for husband and wife
in the family for example if the wife washes plates in the morning , the husband must
cook in the evening so as not to violates their right. If any woman wants such , it is better she marries a husband
who have the same understanding as herself.

Marriage is a choice not a right as you cannot force someone into a union they don't want.

If someone hates cigarettes, he/she have no business marrying a smoker only to cry
foul that their right is being trampled on.
This is not about the home front I am sorry. The Gender Equality bill is not about the home front.THAT is what we are talking about. No one is talking about husband wife and washing plate. We are talking LAW
It is the rule in Northern Nigeria than Most girls are not educated and married out against their will NOT AN EXCEPTION.Let us not whitewash our reality

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by amtaken(f): 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Is there any law that stops parents from sending their female children to school?

In my Ministry people are paid according to their levels and not their gender.

What is all these fuss all about?

Or do you want Government to help you in throwing your husbands out of their buildings just like what is obtainable in the Western world?$

Tolatutu:

please try and educate yourself on gender equality. Gender equality is not about marriage, no one is going to pass a law to see who washes the plates or cooks. Gender equality is talking about the larger society, equal rights to education, equal pay for the same job, not discriminating based on gender e.g saying a woman can't inherit property.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
Beremx:
can you imagine?

Are you minding the hypocrites, the same woman they were calling Ashewo months ago grin as long as you say they are superior you are the ish lol that's why some women spew nonesense so that men can see them as wife material since that's their only ambition in life grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
I see people chanting men are the head of this and that. Nobody is saying they're not the head of the family. Gender equality is important for one of the scenarios she stated - equal pay. Why should a man get more salary than a woman for the same job? it is wrong. Gender equality doesn't be little men, it empowers women to be more confident. There are many women/girls out there who will not even bother with education because they know a guy will be picked over them. This legislation will make girls more interested in Education, have higher aspirations in life because they know they will be treated equally in a work/education environment. My 2 pence.

P.S. I'm not a feminist, just someone who thinks equality is important no matter the age, gender, race, tribe etc
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by oshaosha2014(m): 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
I see. I think I would prefer it to be gender equity rather than gender equality. I think women can go about this without belittling the men. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Tolatutu:

Gender equality bill is not the same as divorce laws. No one is talking about who gets what in divorce here and in Nigeria women don't get zilch not even child support most divorced women here take care of the children single handedly so its not even relevant here.

examples of gender discrimination; do you know in many parts of Nigeria a woman is not allowed to inherit property from her father simply because shes a woman angry so her brothers will share and even if the woman helped her father build it while alive she will not be given a dime. is that fair?

Do you know that many landlords do not rent to single women? they will be asking her to go and bring a man! will they ask a single man to go and bring a woman? when teh gender equality bill is passed people will be able to sue such landlords.

in many parts of Nigeria parents will still choose to send the son to school first over the daughter simply because shes a girl?

There are so many instances where women are discriminated against based on gender

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Beremx(f): 8:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Olori go hear am. Wait let Omotola and Stella Damasus come and take her to the correction table.

She will learn to think before yarning dust.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
amtaken:
Is there any law that stopped parents from sending their female children to school?

In my Ministry people are paid according to their levels and not their gender.

What is all these fuss all about?

Or do you want Government to help you in throwing your husbands out of their buildings just like what is obtainable in the Western world?$

Is there a law that rapes women or children? why is there a law against it? People do those things becuse they don't know better and the same way they thought sacrificing twins was the right thing. laws are there to protect the rights of people especially so that there will be consequences for going against the law. blah blah, throw husbands luggage out undecided don't you have anything in your brain outside of marriage how many times will one tell you gender equality is not about marriage no one cares if you kneel down to feed your husband we are talking about rights in the society. when there are laws in place that means a woman can sue any landlord that denies her based on gender. A woman can fight for her right to her fathers property in court. those are the things the bill is addressing, not everything in life is about marriage. expand your mind

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by mickeymimi: 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
Gender equality is the believe that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities..as in social , political and economic equality of the sexes. Letting them have more power in the affairs of the country, equality in salay &wages, and more women in position of power. It's about empowering women, changing the way the world perceive their strength and helping them to realise their full potential, so that they can contribute to well being of their communities ,nation and moving it forward.

We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back....67 countries in the world have female presidents or prime ministers...

Fighting for women's right has often become synonymous with man~hating. The old lesson of submissiveness and fragility made women victims, Women are much more than that today, a woman can be a businesswoman , artist , politician and still be a good wife that respects her husband.

The Gender equality bill is not about your marriage or what you do in it... or being an African man that doesn't want to be dominated by his wife.
Seriously marriage should not be about equality .....it should be about acceptance , support and tolerance... your wife cld become the president tomorrow.....

We are different precisely in order to realise our need of one another. The good thing in Nigeria now is that ..we now have female governors ...senators..and hopefully one day we will start having female presidents... we now have lots of women coming out to campaign , protest or speak out against some unacceptable things happening in the society..

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

U also want me to educate you. Dis is getting stressful jawe.. Even by mere logic, if US that have more accommodation for gender equality are struggling with gender pay gap, itz logically worse in Nigeria. I refer you to my reply to the other nigga

you see my dear I'm not one of those who like to throw subtle insults in an argument just to feel good.
just backup your argument with concrete facts. US is US , we are Africans, Nigerians.

Just tell us one organisation that pays someone lesser because she is a female.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Beremx(f): 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

Are you minding the hypocrites, the same woman they were calling Ashewo months ago grin as long as you say they are superior you are the ish lol that's why some women spew nonesense so that men can see them as wife material since that's their only ambition in life grin
God bless you! you get the drift. Just imagine someone saying "Uche Jumbo manage marry Mexican". just imagine how some women are beefing Uche?

Kai!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Excellentmind: 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
The problem with bringing God into this is we are trying to run a society on laws so it is either we make our own laws or we use God's laws and run a theocracy.
If my Senator is a woman should her vote count as much as that of men? No one is seeking to make laws governing the operation of families or the home but PUBLIC LIFE. Should women be allowed to become Judges Senators etc. Should women have the same work opportunities with men who have the same qualifications and so on .That is what this is about not who washes plates of cooks food in the home

Women are not denied any opportunity whatover, in fact, they are given concession in every aspect of their lives.
Today is APC governorship primary election in Edo State where women contestants were asked to obtain the form free. This is an example of a million and one concessions women enjoy and yet some are shouting gender equality.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by aalangel(f): 8:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Anything against the Olori whatever, I'm in support.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 8:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Excellentmind:

Women are not denied any opportunity whatover, in fact, they are given concession in every aspect of their lives.
Today is APC governorship primary election in Edo State where women contestants were asked to obtain the form free. This is an example of a million and one concessions women enjoy and yet some are shouting gender equality.

You are entitled to your opinion
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by giles14(m): 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
c dem hypocrites, had it been d Nam na Omo jumbo or even fummi jumbo u go don dey c comments like spot on, cool ,it true.

but since na uche dem see the zombies don full dey even blab rubbish
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
Beremx:
God bless you! you get the drift. Just imagine someone saying "Uche Jumbo manage marry Mexican". just imagine how some women are beefing Uche?

Kai!
The most irritating part is all these bimbos that don't have anything in their brain beyond marriage. we are talking about important issues affecting women who can't fight for themselves and all these ones care about is my husband this and that. They really think the law is interested who washes plates in their houses or put on the generator undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by stonch101(m): 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
checkolatunji:

Lol... she fine sha ooo
..na tru.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Beremx(f): 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

The most irritating part is all these bimbos that don't have anything in their brain beyond marriage. we are talking about important issues affecting women who can't fight for themselves and all these ones care about is my husband this and that. They really think the law is interested who washes plates in their houses or put on the generator undecided
honestly I am disgusted by some comments on this thread. smh

"leaves thread shamefully"

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Excellentmind:

that's not true, when a women gets up and says she's interested the in-laws will first say don't allow her female politicians are prostitutes lipsrsealed
when she starts campaigning voters will not care about her qualification but marital status while they wouldn't do the same to the men running with her. then you'll have the women are not meant to rule group. So yes for a woman to achieve that she ends up having to overcome many , many more hurdles than her male counterparts and thats why many are discouraged.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:
one thing that is clear from the comments here is that the Nigerian educational system is very lacking angry if so called educated women and men don't even know what gender equality is about how do we then want to explain to the villagers.

Black people try and read and educate yourself before commenting on an issue. The Olori should have done that and she would have realized no one is talking about her marriage.

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Very well said Uche. Very well said.

Those who want to be inferior to men can contuire to be. No one is stopping them. But they should keep their inferiority in their homes and not try to stop other people's quest for equality.
It's not by force.
No one will come to into your life and force you to accept the same respect a man commands. If you want to be beneath, that's good and fine.

Just leave those who want otherwise alone.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by amtaken(f): 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
And what makes you think a woman can't fight over her father's property legally?

Both males and females should be protected by the Law, not only one gender as you are advocating.

By the way when are we going to have the Minister For Men Affairs in this country?

Tolatutu:

Is there a law that rapes women or children? why is there a law against it? People do those things becuse they don't know better and the same way they thought sacrificing twins was the right thing. laws are there to protect the rights of people especially so that there will be consequences for going against the law. blah blah, throw husbands luggage out undecided don't you have anything in your brain outside of marriage how many times will one tell you gender equality is not about marriage no one cares if you kneel down to feed your husband we are talking about rights in the society. when there are laws in place that means a woman can sue any landlord that denies her based on gender. A woman can fight for her right to her fathers property in court. those are the things the bill is addressing, not everything in life is about marriage. expand your mind

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
oshaosha2014:
I see. I think I would prefer it to be gender equity rather than gender equality. I think women can go about this without belittling the men. Thanks for the enlightenment.

no one is trying to belittle men , like i said it has nothing to even do with marriages which is why its so frustrating when people keep going on about submission and co. its equality because we are talking about equal opportunities

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

The women who get beaten because the food is not ready on time, the ones who must be ready to have sex with their husbands irrespective of their conditions... How are they not slaves??
nobody told them to marry the guy. they can walk out if the situation is not coonducive. they married a bully. this has nothing to do with gender inequality. she simply married a bully. bullies come in both sexes male and female

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Swazzkid(m): 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bantino:
God made man before woman.

Case closed, next!!
No oo it's not yet closed

God also created Woman from man's ribs... and also made him d bread winner of the home

#youcannowcloseyacase
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
That's the big problem. Educated ignorants.
Like anyone cares who wears the pants in their relationships.

Tolatutu:
one thing that is clear from the comments here is that the Nigerian educational system is very lacking angry if so called educated women and men don't even know what gender equality is about how do we then want to explain to the villagers.

Black people try and read and educate yourself before commenting on an issue. The Olori should have done that and she would have realized no one is talking about her marriage.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Excellentmind: 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

The women who get beaten because the food is not ready on time, the ones who must be ready to have sex with their husbands irrespective of their conditions... How are they not slaves??

All you listed here do not still make women slaves. The food in question is eaten by both and sex enjoyed by both, so why this feeling of slavery.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
cococandy:
Very well said Uche. Very well said.

Those who want to be inferior to men can contuire to be. No one is stopping them. But they should keep their inferiority in their homes and not try to stop other people's quest for equality.
It's not by force.
No one will come to into your life and force you to accept the same respect a man commands. If you want to be beneath, that's good and fine.

Just leave those who want otherwise alone.
i hope when ya man take you out for lunch you insist on paying half of the cheque. nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

Gender equality bill is not the same as divorce laws. No one is talking about who gets what in divorce here and in Nigeria women don't get zilch not even child support most divorced women here take care of the children single handedly so its not even relevant here.

examples of gender discrimination; do you know in many parts of Nigeria a woman is not allowed to inherit property from her father simply because shes a woman angry so her brothers will share and even if the woman helped her father build it while alive she will not be given a dime. is that fair?

Do you know that many landlords do not rent to single women? they will be asking her to go and bring a man! will they ask a single man to go and bring a woman? when teh gender equality bill is passed people will be able to sue such landlords.

in many parts of Nigeria parents will still choose to send the son to school first over the daughter simply because shes a girl?

There are so many instances where women are discriminated against based on gender

err.... look here my dear, about that inheritance stuff, that is tradition! you can't change that!! no law can be passed to stop that!!! this gender equality bill when passed doesn't have any binding on THAT. period!

in some places, the male child doesn't even inherite his father's properties ... so what gender are being discriminated here ?
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
amtaken:
And what makes you think a woman can't fight over her father's property legally?

Both males and females should be protected by the Law, not only one gender as you are advocating.

By the way when are we going to have the Minister For Men Affairs in this country?

There is no law in place against gender discrimination right now so even if a woman goes to court and the family say its the custom since the Dad didn't leave a will she won't have a real legal leg to stand on. where theres no law theres no crime and that is why it must be spelt out .Abroad you can't be asking stupid questions about someones gender or marital status for things like renting a home and even employment because there are clearly defined laws in place and everyone knows the consequences of such discrimination.

Gender equality does not mention anyone gender, its simply saying no one must be denied oppourtunities based on their gender so it applies to both. Its only more relevant to women in these society because women tend to be the ones discriminated against.

Ministry of women is absolute crap so we dont need that or ministry of men. Nigerian politicians only came up with that to deceive women that their interests are being looked after when clearly we can see those ministries active nothing and are not needed.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
nobody told them to marry the guy. they can walk out if the situation is not coonducive. they married a bully. this has nothing to do with gender inequality. she simply married a bully. bullies come in both sexes male and female
They can't "walk out of the situation" because the society believes a woman who leaves her husband's house is rebelling against God and traditions.. That's another consequence of gender inequality- viewing a woman as incomplete unless she is under another man's roof..

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
They need to reassure their men that they are still very much under them and not rubbing shoulders with them.

You know we don't want food money to stop coming or for ooni to stop taking us when he goes abroad.

Tolatutu:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Regina Daniels' Son, Munir Nwoko In New Photo / Mr. Eazi Thanks Temi Otedola, His Girlfriend "For Making Everything Special" / Dj Cuppy Celebrates Nigeria At 60 With Cute Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.