Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (58590 Views)

Desmond Elliot And Uche Jombo's Throwback Photo / Uche Jombo And Her Son At Vegas Poolside Birthday Party [PICS] / Baba Dee Lends Support To Olori Wuraola's Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
You're doing such a good job. Wish I had your patience.
Tolatutu:

There is no law in place against gender discrimination right now so even if a woman goes to court and the family say its the custom since the Dad didn't leave a will she won't have a real legal leg to stand on. where theres no law theres no crime and that is why it must be spelt out .Abroad you can't be asking stupid questions about someones gender or marital status for things like renting a home and even employment because there are clearly defined laws in place and everyone knows the consequences of such discrimination.

Gender equality does not mention anyone gender, its simply saying no one must be denied oppourtunities based on their gender so it applies to both. Its only more relevant to women in these society because women tend to be the ones discriminated against.

Ministry of women is absolute crap so we dont need that or ministry of men. Nigerian politicians only came up with that to deceive women that their interests are being looked after when clearly we can see those ministries active nothing and are not needed.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

They can't "walk out of the situation" because the society believes a woman who leaves her husband's house is rebelling against God and traditions.. That's another consequence of gender inequality- viewing a woman as incomplete unless she is under another man's roof..
thats rubbish. she cant leave cuz she got no money of her own. if she had money she would have bounced lol. talk true. all these part time feminists sef. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
i hope when ya man take you out for lunch you insist on paying half of the cheque. nonsense angry
There are women who don't mind paying for themselves.. If itz dinner checks dat are disturbing you, don't worry there are women more than happy to pay for themselves

4 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by neocortex: 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
This is not about the home front I am sorry. The Gender Equality bill is not about the home front.THAT is what we are talking about. No one is talking about husband wife and washing plate. We are talking LAW
It is the rule in Northern Nigeria than Most girls are not educated and married out against their will NOT AN EXCEPTION.Let us not whitewash our reality

Then Uche Jombo shouldn't have replied because it is needless because
no where did olori even suggest girls shouldn't be educated.

I have checked throughout this thread and I have not anyone who
says girls shouldn't be educated and no Nigerian law also prevent a girl
from being educated.

Why do you think the senate rejected the first bill if it
is about educating the girl child ?

I don't want to believe that you can even think the senate rejected
a bill because that seeks for universal girl-child education.

There is more to the bill than girl child education or forced marriage as Uche jombo has shown.

This is probably the old tactic of using a great cause(girl-child education)
to introduce a non-desirable element(Family subversion).

Finally, if you have an inkling of how a traditional islamic society is run , you will know
that common laws means nothing when compared to religious sentiments.
Until religious leaders start speaking in favor of education, the law will have no effect.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

There are women who don't mind paying for themselves.. If itz dinner checks dat are disturbing you, don't worry there are women more than happy to pay for themselves
yeah looking for those women is like looking for a needle in a haystack. i have a better chance of passing through the eye of a needle than of meeting a woman who wants to buy me lunch

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 8:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
thats rubbish. she cant leave cuz she got no money of her own. if she had money she would have bounced lol. talk true. all these part time feminists sef. cheesy
Crap! Are you saying there are no succesful women who suffer domestic violence?? Dont be naive. Many times sef, the husband doing the beating will not have money.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

err.... look here my dear, about that inheritance stuff, that is tradition! you can't change that!! no law can be passed to stop that!!! this gender equality bill when passed doesn't have any binding on THAT. period!

in some places, the male child doesn't even inherite his father's properties ... so what gender are being discriminated here ?

see your mouth like tradition lipsrsealed was killing of twins not justified as tradition go and kill twins now and say its tradition and see if you won't go to jail was female genital mutation not excused as tradition? those traditions were put in place to cheat women and this bill will change all that. Laws supersede your yeye evil traditions . once a law is in place that you must not discriminated based on gender anyone trying to keep a woman away from her share of her fathers property will be dealth with by the law.

in some places male children don't inherit their fathers properties? really then who inherits it? k have never heard of such please mention the place

see how you are happy that women are being cheated out of their fathers properties lipsrsealed so you can cheat your sisters abi the so called stronger sex always trying to take advantage of the supposedly weaker sex

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
worever, as long as the "olori" never had a real career and was allegedly an Olosho, she has no right to speak down on the gender equality bill.

cos she can never understand it.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Excellentmind: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
You are entitled to your opinion

This is not an issue of one's opinion but reality which is as glaring as day light.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

Crap! Are you saying there are no succesful women who suffer domestic violence?? Dont be naive. Many times sef, the husband doing the beating will not have money.
non-existent. a successful woman who suffers domestic violence would have bounced. the only thing that will not make her bounce is if the niggas preek is sweet like honey and she know she cant meet a stud like dat eva again. women will do anything for sweet preek lolzz buahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Xano(m): 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
Scatterscatter:
Mumu talk every where.

Peeps, I'm sorry I'll have to come from the religious point of view here:

God created us equal but He made the man "the head" just as Christ is the head of the church.

The wife is the man's responsibility; for this reason, it is written in the Bible that a man that can't provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

Women respect your husband and you husband, love your wife,. So says the Bible.

The family is the first institution created by God and it is through this institution He intends to populate and replenish the earth, raising children that will be God fearing and responsible.
The Devil's assignment aside to kill, steal and destroy is also to attack the family institution.
One of illuminati's grand plan is to reduce world population and the feminism trend that is all around is part of the plan of the devil.

If you attack the family, the church will be weak, the children will be rebellious, the home will be in shambles and the world at large will be easy for the devil to manipulate.

Ever wondered why divorce and depression rate is higher in the developed countries despite the booming economy?

My dear feminist, every man is egoistic that is the reason a man that is in love with is wife, either responsible or not will go to any length to provide for is home simple because he doesn't want another man to take his place. God put the ego in man for a reason(to work harder to earn more for the family and also to defend his famiky) ever wondered why the man will lock-up the children and wife in the room while he goes out to face the armed robbers even if it a suicide mission.

The moment you challenge a man or you aim to be equal with him, trust me u'll never get the best from that man.

Women, learn to love, respect and trust your men.
You married him because you know he is capable to lead, don't drag the steering with him.

Offer words of encouragement, advice, support, take care of him because he is your big baby, and don't ever make him feel less than the man of the home.

Dear Nlanders, let's all pray against the wave of feminism and let's pray for more love and understanding in the home.

God bless you all

SCATTERSCATTER DON COME BACK AGAIN

bebe2:
Uche pls Shut up,

must u answer everything?

see the yeye nollywood wey una dey, its crumbling fast and u are here fighting equality.

Men are women can NEVER be equal ,we all have our strenghts in diffrent areas, Unless u marry a Weak man.

crazymommy:
Uche jombo is contradicting herself...am not sure she understood the speech the woman made??Gender equality is not our problem,lack of RESPECT for one another whether male or female is the problem...if you respect a woman you will not treat her less ....when it turns to finance you claim "he is the man" when something else you claim "gender equality" that is hypocrisy...

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sholay2011(m): 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
Uche is actually right.

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
yeah looking for those women is like looking for a needle in a haystack. i have a better chance of passing through the eye of a needle than of meeting a woman who wants to buy me lunch

the problem is the kind of women you are moving with, if not for poverty mentality in Nigeria what is the big deal about paying for lunch you like and move with the traditional girls so thats why their thinking is like that

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by PastorAji(m): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Scatterscatter:
Mumu talk every where.

Peeps, I'm sorry I'll have to come from the religious point of view here:

God created us equal but He made the man "the head" just as Christ is the head of the church.

The wife is the man's responsibility; for this reason, it is written in the Bible that a man that can't provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

Women respect your husband and you husband, love your wife,. So says the Bible.

The family is the first institution created by God and it is through this institution He intends to populate and replenish the earth, raising children that will be God fearing and responsible.
The Devil's assignment aside to kill, steal and destroy is also to attack the family institution.
One of illuminati's grand plan is to reduce world population and the feminism trend that is all around is part of the plan of the devil.

If you attack the family, the church will be weak, the children will be rebellious, the home will be in shambles and the world at large will be easy for the devil to manipulate.

Ever wondered why divorce and depression rate is higher in the developed countries despite the booming economy?

My dear feminist, every man is egoistic that is the reason a man that is in love with is wife, either responsible or not will go to any length to provide for is home simple because he doesn't want another man to take his place. God put the ego in man for a reason(to work harder to earn more for the family and also to defend his famiky) ever wondered why the man will lock-up the children and wife in the room while he goes out to face the armed robbers even if it a suicide mission.

The moment you challenge a man or you aim to be equal with him, trust me u'll never get the best from that man.

Women, learn to love, respect and trust your men.
You married him because you know he is capable to lead, don't drag the steering with him.

Offer words of encouragement, advice, support, take care of him because he is your big baby, and don't ever make him feel less than the man of the home.

Dear Nlanders, let's all pray against the wave of feminism and let's pray for more love and understanding in the home.

God bless you all

SCATTERSCATTER DON COME BACK AGAIN
Ten tankers of VVVVVVVVVV for you

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
Wait sef.. Who even cares who pays for who? As long as she has equal opportunities that you enjoy, all well and good. No one cares about the dynamics of your personal relationships.
And why it is difficult to find such women is because of the orientation of the society towards gender issues. And lastly, if I invite a girl on a date, then I should be responsible for expenses

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
amtaken:
Is there any law that stopped parents from sending their female children to school?

In my Ministry people are paid according to their levels and not their gender.

What is all these fuss all about?

Or do you want Government to help you in throwing your husbands out of their buildings just like what is obtainable in the Western world?$

my dear leave all these wanabees . they just to feel among. they don't even understand what they are arguing about. All they have been doing here is to showcase their ignorance for the world to see.
ask them to show you an organisation that discriminates against the female folks in terms of payment and they will be mentioning USA for you, like say we dey for USA ni?

butterflies that think themselves birds.

are Okonjo iweala, deizani, oteh, kemi and the likes not Nigerians?

didn't a woman just contest presidency in the election?
do we not have hundreds of female CEOs ,MDs, faculty heads and Deans in Nigeria again?

but the Jamb cutoff mark for a boy and a girl are still different but you won't hear them say anything about that. hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
Excellentmind:

This is not an issue of one's opinion but reality which is as glaring as day light.
You are entitled to your own share of "daylight"
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
non-existent. a successful woman who suffers domestic violence would have bounced. the only thing that will not make her bounce is if the niggas preek is sweet like honey and she know she cant meet a stud like dat eva again. women will do anything for sweet preek lolzz buahahaha.

prophet undecided
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
cococandy:
You're doing such a good job. Wish I had your patience.

Thanks the ignorance is shocking but honestly its tiring. Nigerians dont read, it's been said a billion times that it has nothing to do with marriage and yet the next person will still be talking about how she submits to her husband angry

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sceyd(m): 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Same kind of hypocrites like uche jombo would pick the bible forming going to church to listen to sermons. I sincerely pity teenagers looking up to most celebrities, cos most of them are daft in reality. They're just fortunate to be good interpreters of movie roles

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

the problem is the kind of women you are moving with ,if not for poverty mentality in Nigeria what is lunch
i think the problem is yall are part time feminists. even the rich ones can never spend on a guy. yall see men as ATMs but you swear upanda that yall are feminists tho grin

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
Yh.. Rwily classy of u. 'Sweet preek'. Fact is poor men beat their wives, this is common and successful women suffer domestic violence though not so common

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
sceyd:
Same kind of hypocrites like uche jombo would pick the bible forming going to church to listen to sermons. I sincerely pity teenagers looking up to most celebrities, cos most of them are daft in reality. They're just fortunate to be good interpreters of movie roles
Not fortunate. They have talent and have enhanced their talent through hard work.. Not olori whose single achievement is getting married

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
i think the problem is yall are part time feminists. even the rich ones can never spend on a guy. yall see men as ATMs but you swear upanda that yall are feminists tho grin

i don't know where you live, in mean in this same Country where many women are breadwinners The thing is in Nigeria because of the men's ego the women will pretend to outsiders that he's the one paying. she can give him the money in the car sef just to protect the so called ego undecided
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

Yh.. Rwily classy of u. 'Sweet preek'. Fact is poor men beat their wives, this is common and successful women suffer domestic violence though not so common
lol twas a joke. but ermmm yeah any successful woman who suffers domestic abuse and is still around is crazy. keep in mind many men suffer domestic abuse too now. this aint no one sided thang now. i know many men getting their ass whooped by their wives

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
Excellentmind:

Women are not denied any opportunity whatover, in fact, they are given concession in every aspect of their lives.
Today is APC governorship primary election in Edo State where women contestants were asked to obtain the form free. This is an example of a million and one concessions women enjoy and yet some are shouting gender equality.

you dey mind those people?
jamb cut off mark nko?

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
Morafuvker looling for cheap publicity

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 8:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
That's the gender inequality at play.

Olori is now more of a somebody than Uche because she married a man who's a king. .i.e the quality of her husband defines her. Not her achievements.

Meanwhile a man who married up will not be considered more of an achiever than his counterpart who struggled to make it to the top.

When women talk crap like this I don't know if they really think about what they are saying. To endorse a value system that doesn't consider you anything until you have a man to validate you.

SMH.
MsGlobalwonder:
lmaooo.. so olori that was a "nobody" this time last year suddenly is more lofty than a veteran that has paid her dues in her profession because she has a differing opinion? Nigerians ehen.. too funny

4 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
sceyd:

If you read your Bible you will see that the only man a woman is asked to submit to is her husband . gender equality is not about marriage. outside of the home Everyone is equal and must be given equal rights regardless of gender. That's wht we are talking about so how does that make her a hypocrite
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Pamelayoung: 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Is okay
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Etinosajay(m): 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
checkolatunji:
She still dey around? This Ushe Jombo sef with her attention seeking style.

The beautiful woman no even know if she exist......Na WA ooo

Because she spoke the truth, she is now an attention seeker.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Joavid:

prophet undecided
hey, i am not promoting incest, homo-sexuality, fornication or adultery, I am simply statin facts. its not a sin to state facts lol. if you are married to a guy who is very good in bed, you will die there na. abi ? daz facts wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Zubby Michael & Chizzy Alichi Fight Over "A Woman Being King Of Boys" / DJ Cuppy's Outfit To BET Awards (Photos) / Portable Buys A New House In Ogun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.