Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism (9869 Views)

Isaac Newton On Atheism / An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud / Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 7:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
I have come .

@ Antiparticle ... you mentioned that countries become less theistic with scientific advancements . Can you list out these countries please ?

** Grabs soda and popcorn .

Someone needs to be embarrassed

3 Likes

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Antiparticle:

He needs to justify the Old Testament actions of Yahweh commanding mass murder and infanticide left and right. He needs to help theists understand why Yahweh is a just god and is real.

You have the worst arguments on earth , well after thehomer .

This blatant show of ignorance has to stop .. haba

oya cogitate on this : https://www.nairaland.com/3031728/reasons-why-god-not-subject#44444084

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by winner01(m): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
Antiparticle:
One of the oldest homo sapiens fossils is 160,000 years old, much older than the supposed ~6,000 years old that the Bible claims! This clearly debunks the Adam and Eve story. There are several other genetic and archaeological findings that have excavated other homo sapiens fossils that are within the 100,000 to 200,000 years old range.
You give very weak arguments, really undeserving of my time.

Can you provide a biblical reference of the earth being 6000 years old? undecided.
In my opinion, the claim of 6000 years was gotten from archbishop James ussher, Bishop in the Church of Ireland in the 16th century. He took the genealogies of genesis, assuming they were complete, and calculated all the years to arrive at a date for the creation of the earth on sunday, october 23, 4004 B.C.
Many people have also come up with dates for creation, such as Johannes Kepler (3992 BC), Gerhard Hasel (4178 BC), and Isaac Newton (~4000 BC) but have received far lesser criticisms, and i keep wondering why.
These men were simply trying their best to get answers for humanity. But in your hurt and hate, you seem to be blind to the others and focus all your efforts on disproving christianity.

I respect these men but personally i dont think the age of the earth has been proven. Those who hold to billions of years trust that methods such as radiometric dating are reliable and assume that nothing has occurred in history that may have disrupted the normal decay of radio-isotopes. and of course, God could have created the universe in a state that “appears” to give it a very long age.

Just calm your nerves, We will keep making findings about our world as God commanded; "But now ask the beasts, and let them teach you; and the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you. Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you; and let the fish of the sea declare to you. Who among all these does not know That the hand of the LORD has done this, In whose hand is the life of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind?" (Job 12:7-11)

Antiparticle:

You suggest that scientists have not been able to establish equivalent feats achieved by the greatest scientists of old! I'm about to laugh. What are you typing with? How are you communicating with me? Do you realize that there's more to know about the universe than we currently know? And do you realize that science has advanced significantly since the Middle Ages? Space travel, quantum mechanics, vaccines, antibiotics, and the like are incredible innovations that have vastly changed our quality of life.
I'm typing with a computer. Can you give a list from the time of the invention of the computer all the way through its diverse revolutions, so that we can identify how many atheists have been involved in the significant breakthrough of the computer.
Can you give us the founders and innovators of those field's you've mentioned. I'm interested in them all grin.
Can you also give examples of fields discovered by atheists (not innovations) in our age at least.

Antiparticle:

Please pick up the book "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jared Diamond. Read up on history. This is another false correlational argument.
Ill get it. I do have my ways of identifying bullshit though.

Antiparticle:

I won't toot my own horn here, I'll leave it at that.
You will leave it at that cos you got nothing to say. Those billionaires are not as bitter as you are, they do not go around spreading atheism.

Antiparticle:

Wealth can also be achieved through scamming poor people, manipulating capital markets, and more! This is another indefensible correlational argument.
Goalpost shifted!!!. Is this how you react when you're proved wrong? You diverted from rich people being atheists to the wealth of christians being gotten through dubious means. undecided
You really are trying hard to survive this.

Antiparticle:

Intellectual dishonesty 101. I wrote that " a much smaller fraction of American scientists believe in god/gods compared to the general public!", you will see that ten times more American scientists don't believe in god/gods or a higher power vs the general public (41% to 4%). Also, you conveniently lump all religions or claims of believing in a higher power together when you want to make arguments for Christianity. This is classically disingenuous and dishonest. If you were debating a Zeus worshipper you would be arguing that he/she worshiping a false deity, yet in this debate you would dishonestly lump him/her into the same camp as you. You can't point out arbitrary correlations and use them to make indefensible arguments.
I made a claim initially : RELIGIOUS MINDS HAVE BEEN FAR MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN ATHEISTIC MINDS. I clearly did not exclude christianity from this. So if i lump all religion together, i'm justified. You on the other hand are unjustifiably lumping irreligion with atheism. I was at a time irreligious but not an atheist and so many other people still are. Maybe you should state the percentage of atheist scientists and stop trying to sound reasonable when you're not.

Antiparticle:

Ok, you really think anyone will take your points seriously after reading this?
Unlike you, I can provide proof/s to back my points. For example, Noted ex-atheist and psychologist Dr. Paul Vitz has stated that he had superficial reasons for becoming an atheist such as the desire to be accepted by his Stanford University professors who were united in disbelief regarding God.

Antiparticle:

Correlation does not imply causation. Also, your data is cherry-picked and is purely correlational. I can do the same for all religions but nah!
My data is cherry-picked? undecided This exactly is why i didnt want to reply you initially. Once you cant disprove something, you pass it off as false? Well, i'm sorry for offending you with my facts grin.

I'll re-post that quote so that you can have one more shot at disproving it;
winner01:

You have subtly shifted the goal post from atheism to irreligiousity. Irreligious countries are not atheist countries. You need to make up your mind instead of clinging on to science or irreligiousity to validate your claims. Countries that are also ruled by atheists today can be observed. North korea is a good example of what atheism can do to a country and its people.

Of course you can come up with proof associating religious people and mass murder. [size=13pt]But you certainly cannot come up with proof associating religious people to mass murders of atheistic magnitude. The historical record of collective atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. The average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them. I have proved that in the links i posted. People can check out my threads too.
[/size]

Antiparticle:

You really think this is a credible website? This website (conservapedia) by the same Christian fundamentalists who fight against the teaching of the science of evolution in schools? The same Christian fundamentalists who attempt to teach the Genesis creation story as facts? You really don't expect me to take this seriously.
What is the science of evolution? That elephants evolved into whales, or that dogs evolved into dolphins?

Antiparticle:

Correlation does not imply causation. Also, stop lumping all other religions together. If your religion is true, then defend it.
I lumped all religion together right from the beginning when i said; Religious minds have been more productive than atheistic minds. Once again, stop trying to be reasonable when you obviously aren't

I'm not here to tell you if my faith is true or not. I'm interested in proving that faith is superior to atheism. When one gets this fact, only then can we begin to reason out which faith is true.

Antiparticle:

The website you lifted these images from is conservapedia again, a discredited source. Correlation does not imply causation.
Discredited by whom? undecided You? grin

Antiparticle:

You can't invent your own "facts". Give the readers just one single example of how prayer and fasting has solved a real human problem like regrowth of an amputated limb. The readers are waiting.
You know why you have lost this already. You have sided with the readers even before giving them a chance to judge your watery submissions. You've tried severally to appeal to their emotions and that further proves that atheists cannot stand on their own.

Either you like it or not, Christianity will continue to put smiles on peoples faces. Answers to prayers have been evident in the lives of millions just like mine. On the issue of amputated limbs, of course God can do anything. God intended for man to work, atheists erroneously think christians are not meant to work but pray and expect food from air. grin. I can pray for a beggar with an amputated limb and that might facilitate his connection to people or christian organizations that can provide him with artificial limbs. That's how prayer works. Prayer is a form of communion with God, it does not turn christians to show off magicians.
I watched the CBN charity group sponsor the surgery of a man in India, the man said he had earlier prayed to God. He received the answers to his prayers through the surgery just in time.

So I ask you, what has atheism done for humanity except unimaginable democidal acts?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by winner01(m): 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
otemanuduno:

[size=5pt]IMO, I think the atheists are not actually saying that there is no possibility of God's existence, but rather, all the so-called gods are not the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE. That's why you see atheists requesting for clear evidence of a true GOD(not gods).

I have an answer for all atheists, THERE IS GOD WHO CREATED THE UNIVERSE WITH A BIG BANG. HE CREATED THE FIRST HOMOS WHOM PEOPLE NOW KNOW AS Gods(e.g Vishnu, Jehovah(Allah), Odin, Olorun, Oghene, Jupiter, Mercury, etc.)

THE NAME OF THE GOD WHO CREATED THE UNIVERSE WITH A BIG BANG IS 'LORD'. HE HAS NO PERSONAL NAME, BUT FOR DIFFERENTIATION SAKE, I AM BEING INSTRUCTED TO USE 'DOMINO REVERAD'.

our God does not require WORSHIP FROM ANYONE. HE DOES NOT KILL. HE HAS COMMITTED THE AFFAIRS OF ALL HIS STARS AND PLANETS TO NATURE AND NATURE IS WHAT GIVES MIRACLES, HEALINGS, ETC.

that's why no matter the religion you put yourself in, when the time comes for nature to MANIFEST, IT MANIFESTS AND NO ONE CAN STOP IT.

dead people has risen by the power of NATURE. Mad people has been restored by the power of nature. I AM A TESTIMONY OF HOW NATURE BRINGS ABOUT GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE AFTER WALKING OUT OF THE RELIGION OF BONDAGE(CHRISTIANITY) MADE BY jehovah/jesus, one of the first sets of HOMOS created by DOMINO REVERAD OUR GOD in the periods of the NEANDERTHALS and HOMINIDS[/size].

Guy, I beg you in the name of whatever you believe: please don't share with me your sick ideas. Thanks.
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by otemanuduno: 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
I have no SICK ideas so I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you please elaborate?
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by Antiparticle(m): 9:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
@winner01, we are not enemies so chill out on the anger. Let's just try to have a civil debate. Also, your posts are extremely long I feel like you are just filibustering me; for this reason I can respond only to your most important points.
winner01:
Can you provide a biblical reference of the earth being 6000 years old? undecided.
Genealogy from Adam to Jesus.
winner01:
God could have created the universe in a state that “appears” to give it a very long age.
This idea is no different from last thursdayism; it is not logically defensible.
winner01:
Can you also give examples of fields discovered by atheists (not innovations) in our age at least.
I already responded to why these correlational arguments carry no weight.
winner01:
Maybe you should state the percentage of atheist scientists and stop trying to sound reasonable when you're not.
41% of American scientists are atheist, compared to 4% of the general public. The 41% number does not include irreligion or those who are deist, it is specifically atheists. Ten times more American scientists are atheist than the general public.
winner01:
My data is cherry-picked? undecided This exactly is why i didnt want to reply you initially. Once you cant disprove something, you pass it off as false? Well, i'm sorry for offending you with my facts grin.
Facebook posts, conservapedia articles, and anecdotes from random people are not credible or generalizable sources.
winner01:
What is the science of evolution? That elephants evolved into whales, or that dogs evolved into dolphins?
You don't believe that evolution is true, ok.
winner01:
You know why you have lost this already.
I don't argue to win, I state the facts and hope to learn from others. I love to be swayed by objective arguments.
winner01:
Either you like it or not, Christianity will continue to put smiles on peoples faces. Answers to prayers have been evident in the lives of millions just like mine.
Still waiting for amputated limb miracle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:
Hello,

I took time to read some of your comments. I must admit you are very funny and have some interesting stances. I do not agree with some of them, but it is pleasant to read.

It is my pleasure to (virtually) meet you.

2 Likes

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by Image123(m): 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Mine doesn't tell me to kill anyone. So it's good enough for me.What powers were the bogeyman deposed of since he can still apparently go on sprees.

Exactly why i said Your source of morality is very poor. Nothing makes yours better than the fellow that i know. As for the devil, he was said to be formerly an angel of light, with riches, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty, anointed, free, perfect and bright. nowadays, he's just the liar devil, under my feet and knowing his level(he know where him limit dey to spree, like your side), and waiting to go to hell fire.
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 6:51am On Jun 25, 2016
winner01, don't start this pls....All religions have their various testimonies of how people got converted. People exit and people come in, they are looking for answers. only irrational ones stick to what they were indoctrinated to without ever thinking of being wrong, and thus the argument for their religion being the only true one among several thousand others becomes everlasting
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 6:55am On Jun 25, 2016
Image123:

Exactly why i said Your source of morality is very poor. Nothing makes yours better than the fellow that i know. As for the devil, he was said to be formerly an angel of light, with riches, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty, anointed, free, perfect and bright. nowadays, he's just the liar devil, under my feet and knowing his level(he know where him limit dey to spree, like your side), and waiting to go to hell fire.
How do u know all these things. ?...truly, the religious ones are the wisest ones, they know by what they ve been told then images of their thoughts begin appearing in their minds. From there they establish an everlasting belief.

Young man, you are as foolish as any other person with a contrary religious belief. You are nothing special
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 7:08am On Jun 25, 2016
winner01:

Guy, I beg you in the name of whatever you believe: please don't share with me your sick ideas. Thanks.
now he is sick because he has a contrary belief to yours. I think u are also sick for believing God has a son. Tell me how God fathered Jesus? u must be rly sick.
you must be rly sick to tell me of a talking snake in a garden.
you must be sick to tell me adam and eve populated blacks, Arabs, whites.
you must be seriously sick to tell me a flood wiped out humanity.
you must ve lost ur senses completely to belief all the animals in the world today were rescued from a flood by a ship...
you must be sick to explain to me that rainbow formation was a convenant from God not to destroy the earth again with flood (in this 21st century) then tell me how eclipse wasn't a sign from the gods as once believed.
My friend, u are rly high to tell me some people wanted to build a tower to reach heaven and from there the explanations to various world languages and tribe. (what on earth will u teach ur children, ur type will continue to drag the world to stone age)
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 7:14am On Jun 25, 2016
winner01 pls spare your very long posts, jst hit the point...( I know it's not easy since u are trying to prove fallacies at all cost)

u type very long unreadable and unreasonable posts and end up arriving at nonsense.

You prove 0 from beginning and end up with 0
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 8:19am On Jun 25, 2016
Image123:

Demons are afraid of atheists -Plaetton, (NL 2016).
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 8:35am On Jun 25, 2016
winner01:

I have been following his posts and they are no more 'sick' than yours. Domino Reverad has certainly transformed his life and turned his fortunes around. He gets regular 'revelations' which he posts on this forum. How dare you refer to his ideas as sick? Do you honestly think that your beliefs are less absurd than his? I really would love an answer to this.
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 9:07am On Jun 25, 2016
realmindz:

now he is sick because he has a contrary belief to yours. I think u are also sick for believing God has a son. Tell me how God fathered Jesus? u must be rly sick.

Jesus is God's son in human flesh - an incarnation of a member of the Godhead . Yahweh , Yeshua and Ruach HaKodesh are the members of the Godhead , they are eternal , equal in supremacy , authority and power , They are of one with one divine mind and purpose . Jesus is not God’s Son in the sense of a human father and a son. God did not get married and have a son. God did not mate with Mary and, together with her, produce a son. Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that He is God made manifest in human form

1. The story has been delineated to be an allegory

2. Its a mystical manifestation , in the sense that Satan possessed the snake .

It is plausible for God who desired diversity in man to create Adam and Eve who possessed the genes to produce black, brown, and white offspring . After the flood , it is believed that the children of Noah , his wife were all different races .

Humanity was not obliterated , Noah and his family - a pure line from Seth - carried on with procreation after the flood .Some legends also betokened that some humans survived the flood .

you must ve lost ur senses completely to belief all the animals in the world today were rescued from a flood by a ship...

1. The bird's habitat is the air and fish , the sea . The ark has been proven time without number that it has the capacity to accommodate all land animals .

2. The story has its allegorical explanation - Christ is the ark , flood is God's judgement . To escape the flood , you join the ark . To escape God's punishment , Jesus is the way . There are other allegorical explanations for the story .

you must be sick to explain to me that rainbow formation was a convenant from God not to destroy the earth again with flood (in this 21st century) then tell me how eclipse wasn't a sign from the gods as once believed.

The rainbow represents/symbolizes Christ

Revelation 4:2–3
2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. 3 And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.

Ezekiel 1:26-28

26 Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

The bible was written in parables , metaphors - a recondite message , and cannot be understood by those of little intellect . Apparently , it is above your ken .

My friend, u are rly high to tell me some people wanted to build a tower to reach heaven and from there the explanations to various world languages and tribe. (what on earth will u teach ur children, ur type will continue to drag the world to stone age)

1. Can you provide any evidence against the literal narrative ?

2. Babel means gate of Heaven , like a portal - this esoteric knowledge could have been revealed to the men of the earth by the fallen angels . The only way to reach this portal was to build a tower , there were no aircraft then.

3. It is an allegory - the construction of the tower whose top reaches heaven is a symbol of the rebellion of man against God . Man aims to be as Yahweh and even attempts to reach his heavenly abode. The story is seen as a morality tale that denounces the supposed arrogance of man and berates the pursuit of godhood. As it is always the case, man is portrayed as a haughty evildoer who seeks to claim for himself the title of divinity .
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2016
I find otemanuduno's version of the tower of babel more detailed and believable.

Ask a bible scholar.

Q: Why did they build the tower
A: They wanted to reach heaven and be like God
Q: But is heaven in the sky?
A: No heaven is a spiritual place
Q: Then why was God so worried if he knew he doesn't live in the sky and they wud never find him
A: God was angry because of their intention.
Q: If God stopped the tower, why has he been unable to stop many towers all over earth today and even space explorations?
A: Because their intents were different
Q: So do u know the intents of scientists that succeeded in space explorations?
A: They did it for human knowledge and advancement.
Q: Then how is that different from the tower of babel?

Moral: God stopped man from building a tower but could not stop scientists from space explorations. Men once believed God lived in the firmament above, but thanks to science today, we know better and no longer believe in fairytales

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by winner01(m): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2016
realmindz:
winner01, don't start this pls....All religions have their various testimonies of how people got converted. People exit and people come in, they are looking for answers. only irrational ones stick to what they were indoctrinated to without ever thinking of being wrong, and thus the argument for their religion being the only true one among several thousand others becomes everlasting
Only irrational ones? undecided
Can you stop quoting me.
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 9:49am On Jun 25, 2016
winner01:
Only irrational ones? undecided
Can you stop quoting me.

yes only irrational ones I insist. For what reason will u think everything u have been told from childhood is the only true and perfect account out of thousand others.

The only reason u as a christian can ever convert someone to ur religion is when the person starts thinking rationally that he may not be 100% right afterall and decides to give a chance. Or do u think it is everybody that Jesus will appear to like paul?

Now my friend, can u do the same and be rational and reason that u may not be 100% right? But the answer is No, of course christianity is the best, perfect and only true way to paradise.

All other beliefs are jst fairytales and lies that never happened, yours is best
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by winner01(m): 9:53am On Jun 25, 2016
realmindz:

Those stone age minds have been far more productive than atheists.

I'm not sick cos I care less if you believe or not. You on the other hand desperately want me to share your stupidity.

He is sick cos he mentions me in his stupidity just like you. If you are observant, I dont mention your likes, I'm on this section to share my belief in God with believers. I care less about your unbelief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 9:54am On Jun 25, 2016
realmindz:
I find otemanuduno's version of the tower of babel more detailed and believable.

Ask a bible scholar.

Q: Why did they build the tower
A: They wanted to reach heaven and be like God
Q: But is heaven in the sky?
A: No heaven is a spiritual place
Q: Then why was God so worried if he knew he doesn't live in the sky and they wud never find him
A: God was angry because of their intention.
Q: If God stopped the tower, why has he been unable to stop many towers all over earth today and even space explorations?
A: Because their intents were different
Q: So do u know the intents of scientists that succeeded in space explorations?
A: They did it for human knowledge and advancement.
Q: Then how is that different from the tower of babel?

Moral: God stopped man from building a tower but could not stop scientists from space explorations. Men once believed God lived in the firmament above, but thanks to science today, we know better and no longer believe in fairytales

This blatant show of ignorance is repugnant ! Do you know what portal is ? Its like a gateway to another dimension. The men were trying to access the portal using a tower . That's why its called Tower of Babel . Babel is Heaven's gate or better still Heaven's portal .

Even today's scientists cant grasp this esoteric knowledge !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 9:55am On Jun 25, 2016
winner01:
Those stone age minds have been far more productive than atheists.

I'm not sick cos I care less if you believe or not. You on the other hand desperately want me to share your stupidity.

He is sick cos he mentions me in his stupidity just like you. If you are observant, I dont mention your likes, I'm on this section to share my belief in God with believers. I care less about your unbelief.
so much arrogance from the wisest and holiest.
Otem is a far better person than u. May u live long sir to entertain with your stupidity
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by winner01(m): 9:56am On Jun 25, 2016
realmindz:

yes only irrational ones I insist. For what reason will u think everything u have been told from childhood is the only true and perfect account out of thousand others.

The only reason u as a christian can ever convert someone to ur religion is when the person starts thinking rationally that he may not be 100% right afterall and decides to give a chance. Or do u think it is everybody that Jesus will appear to like paul?

Now my friend, can u do the same and be rational and reason that u may not be 100% right? But the answer is No, of course christianity is the best, perfect and only true way to paradise.

All other beliefs are jst fairytales and lies that never happened, yours is best
And you are so sure that I was a christian from birth? undecided
Your replies are so unintelligent that I find it needless to keep replying you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 9:57am On Jun 25, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This blatant show of ignorance is repugnant ! Do you know what portal is ? Its like a gateway to another dimension. The men were trying to access the portal using a tower . That's why its called Tower of Babel . Babel is Heaven's gate or better still Heaven's portal .

Even today's scientists cant grasp this esoteric knowledge !
I've always known u had a different bible
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 9:58am On Jun 25, 2016
@ realmindz - you have officially won the award of an eristic with the worst arguments after antiparticle and thehomer cool . Dalaman and his threadbare arguments - he'll soon beat realmindz to this .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 10:00am On Jun 25, 2016
winner01:

Gosh ! I thought I was the only one that noticed . These were questions we asked or conclusions we made when picked up the bible for the first time as kids

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 10:01am On Jun 25, 2016
winner01:
of course I'm not sure, I only made a guess just as u made a guess to believe whatever u believe today as being the true religion.
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 10:03am On Jun 25, 2016
realmindz:

I've always known u had a different bible

Its one bible - same you are using . I gave you plausible answers to your questions . You blatantly rejected those answers because they challenge your unbelief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 10:03am On Jun 25, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
@ realmindz - you have officially won the award of an eristic with the worst arguments after antiparticle and thehomer cool . Dalaman and his threadbare arguments - he'll soon beat realmindz to this .
when can I come for the medal?
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 10:05am On Jun 25, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Its one bible - same you are using . I gave you plausible answers to your questions . You blatantly rejected those answers because they challenge your unbelief
it simply explains why we have several doctrines contradicting themselves and they all read one bible.
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 10:07am On Jun 25, 2016
realmindz:

Simply explains why we have several doctrines contradicting themselves and they all read one bible.

Where is the contradiction ? All you do is make false conclusions to support your delusions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by realmindz: 10:10am On Jun 25, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Where is the contradiction ? All you do is make false conclusions to support your delusions
lol, I guess u can keep that medal for yourself. Get two in case you lose one.
If we start the issue of contradictions, this thread will exceed it's limit
Re: Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism by winner01(m): 10:15am On Jun 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I have been following his posts and they are no more 'sick' than yours. Domino Reverad has certainly transformed his life and turned his fortunes around. He gets regular 'revelations' which he posts on this forum. How dare you refer to his ideas as sick? Do you honestly think that your beliefs are less absurd than his? I really would love an answer to this.
This is actually proof that there is something about christianity that atheism seeks to suppress.

You have been following his posts but have never spoken against it. Same with ifeness who believes in the annunaki, he identifies as an atheist and no atheist has ever questioned him or any other sick ideas.

The reason is simple:You do not waste your time with a lie..

If domino whoever has turned his life around, i smile and pass whenever i see his comments. He's been posting such on nairaland for a while and i've also been here long enough to notice it. "But i've never spoken about it because i simply do not believe. The belief is just not there. Same goes with the annunaki.
I would never call his ideas or any other sick if he didn't quote me. I'll probably smile and pass like always. That is the definition of unbelief.
The difference between me and you is that I do not believe in his deity. You on the other hand claim not to believe in God and you spend your life speaking about Him. This is simply my point.
Nothing in this world will make me ever spend my life talking about domino whoeever the way you talk about God.

I'm at loss on why most atheists around the world are inclined to fight christianity. Worse is, even muslims turned atheists too. So what then is it about christianity? undecided That singular reason keeps me eager.

“A thousand times over, the death knell of the Bible has been sounded, the funeral procession formed, the inscription cut on the tombstone, and committal read. But somehow the corpse never stays put.”
“No other book has been so chopped, knifed, sifted, scrutinized, and vilified. What book on philosophy or religion or psychology or belles lettres of classical or modern times has been subject to such a mass attack as the Bible? With such venom and skepticism? With such thoroughness and erudition? Upon every chapter, line and tenet?”
- Bernard Ramm.

Do not share your unbelief with me and then falsely claim that i throw my belief in your face.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imagine If God Talks To People As Claimed. Challenge To Christians / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2020 / Who's Your Favourite Bible Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.