Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank (44018 Views)

Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics / I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House / Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by delpee(f): 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
Please let the girl go while you continue to assist her where ever she is. It's safer and better for all parties. You won't get to your tethers end whereby you're pushed to do what you'll regret. Few of those who are accused of child abuse should actually be pitied. They simply over reacted to frustrating experiences.

By the way, where's her mum?
Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by flez09: 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
There's so much to consider....what if she stays and ends up becoming worse, spoil worse stuffs or even come home pregnant (worse case scenario) . But I admit, I admire your level of patience and understanding so far for the girl. I think she has too much free time that lets her meddle. Get a househelp or your relative older than her that can boss over her and keep a closer eye on the kids in the house and tell them what and when to do chores and all that. And in bed-wetting, don't let her take more than a cup of water after six or seven depending on when you have dinner OR get a timeline for when she bedwets if you can, and wake her up to go pee minutes before that!! Kids are a full time job Ma'am!! Ain't gonna be easy. But I applaud your efforts,love and support so far! More power to your efforts. Stay blessed!!

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by dapsonjegz(m): 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by bebe2(f): 10:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
cococandy:
How ridiculous. It's annoyin really. They expect things as if you owe them. And can be very ungrateful too. I've never been able to understand that mindset.
I consider myself generous if I have means to help but once the recipient begins to see it as their entitlement, I get turned off instantly.

grin grin

and to think he was asking us for dollars

not know that we are from the uk.

show how much he knows his family grin

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by InHim4Him(m): 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
The Timothy text quoted refers to which family?

If you have had enough, send her back before you do something the whole world will condemn you for.

All those saying, if she is your daughter, have you felt pain before?

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Zedoo(m): 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
Boarding school is the answer. Period!

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by AfroKnight: 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
With the kind of potential wives we have nowadays, I don't think I could ever let a relative live in my house. Better to avoid the drama.

Send the girl back home.

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by jhyde101(m): 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
Enrol her in a boarding school and anytime they are on vacation, let her go see her parent

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by adatemi: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
From everything you've listed about this girl shows you don't want her living with you. It's not easy taking care of someone else's child so I will give you that but please instead of you maltreating her it's better you send her back. It's not usual that some kids don't want to do their homework except they are told, that is why they are kids and you are an adult. Mothers with such children use love to correct them. From your write up, I sense that you are yet to be a mother which could be another contributing factor on why you don't have the patience which this child desperately needs from her caregiver. Put your feet down and send back this child before you hurt her which am sure you don't want to.

9 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by andyanders: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
Leave bible here and face reality. If it is not working out, take her back unless you enjoy seeing her kill your child or burn the house, then you will remember her root.

Leave that matter of in laws here. Take her back and promise to assist them pay her school fees if you have enough. Staying with you and constituting havoc would end up giving you the hell of problem you would regret for the rest of your life.

If you want Timothy in the bible as you have quoted, invite him to your house for him to see things. Maybe he will help you out. You can as well invite John from the bible too.
Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by greggng: 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
I understand ur plight my close friend had a similar experience and it was discovered tht the girl was being used by the devil. In a nutshell he decided to take her out for deliverance. To God be the glory she is now normal. You can do the same for her.
Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by JagaLove: 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
do the best u can for the child... but as for the father, next time he comes around send him back home without anytin. do DAT for like 3-5 times he'll stop coming around. And if he dares to ask for anytin.....

tell him ur mind and don't be polite about it...
mtcheeeeeew! uncle don baff?

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Richy4(m): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Xmas is fast approaching, drop her that period...

To your tents oh Isreal.....

The way u are whining, U might commit murder one day.....It is better to be called a wicked woman than a murderer....

She is really getting to your skin We can tell..But if u drop her, Make sure u do not bring anyone from your own side. because that will be......

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Crieff(m): 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
bebe2:

That is ehh??

The so called uncles are the worst.

Few weeks ago while we were in Nigeria, one of my uncles in law casually strolled into my husbands family house to visit my parents in law only for him to meet my husband in the living room.

They briefly exchanged greetings , within a minute he has started asking my hubby for money. My hubby laughed and said no problem go and greet my parents I will see u before u leave.

He refused oo, insisting on getting some green leafs
" dollars" my Hubby was trying to introduce our 2 kids to him , saying baba, I came with my children but this man refused to even take notice of the kids rather followed my husband to our room and I greeted him. Ahhh my wife u are here, gud ask ur husband to give some green leaf. By then my husbands eldest sister came in jokingly saying don't worry he will see u later. But the man refused ooo, by now I was boiling mad, my husband gave him 5k he refused that he wanted green leaf. Dats when my sis in law took the money from my husband and stylishly took the old man out .

It was so embarrassing, he then went to greet my parents in law before coming back to our room to pray for my husband and thank him for the money.

This is so weird.
Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Omojolaray(m): 10:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
First of all did you pray b4 bringing her in if not you need to pray for God's wisdom. I believe somehow God will lead you. My only concern is that has God not been providing for you?
MarryMeee:
I have been with my husband for a while now and I can say we have been doing well for ourselves. But i have a problem with some relatives that are turning us into their atm machine. My husband has an uncle who has always had other people taking care of his children (5children from 3 different women) for him whilst he goes out to enjoy himself without a care in the world.

Last year my in laws asked us to take in one of his daughters so she could go to school in the city. I was hesitant at first since i did not know much about her or the father, but eventually I warmed up to the idea. Fast forward 6months later, I am sick and tired of it. She does not do her homework without being forced and sometimes she skips school. I have already been called 3times by her teacher making complaints about her attitude in class and her perfomance. If you do not dig for her homework from her bag she will not do it. This girl is already 11 and she is only in grade 4 and she bed-wets.

I do not usually resort to beating a child because I have told myself that should be the last resort, but at the same time I am tired of buying things for her because she is always destroying them. She will wear her best clothes to go play with mud outside and she has turned her school shoes in slippers. She is always losing her stationery and she has torn 2 of her school uniforms already. She once broke the toilet and we had to get a new (not toilet seat, i mean the actual damn toilet) and she broke the plasma in the living room barely 5months after we got it.

As if she is not a big enough headache, her father always finds himself in my house almost every month and he will not leave until you compensate him for coming to your house uninvited. Of course he will expect you to give him money and groceries to take home.

Everything has been frustrating my husband as well and he is considering taking the girl back to her father's house as soon as schools closes and to be honest i really do not have a problem with that, but my issue is that his family is against the idea because its not a christian thing to do (1Timothy 5v8)

To those who have been in the same situation, how did you resolve it amicably and where did you draw the line?
Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Phi001(m): 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
SamMilla1:
You are probably an evil woman.
Take that from me.
All those bunch of lies you told against this girl just to paint her black, would you say the same things if she was your sister?

I can easily tell that you are angry because she came from the husbands side. It's common with all evil women.

Change your ways when you still can, otherwise you will pour hot water or acid on her someday and end up in Prison.
She broke plasma, broke Toilet WC, really? That hard thing? How did she do that? With a sledgehammer or what?
What else did she do?
She broke her shoes, tore her school uniform.
Bed-wets, fights, never do anything such as assignment?

Why don't you just tell us you want her gone so you can bring your own sister?
I am way too intelligent to believe all the rubbish you said about this innocent girl.
Even Luciphwe will find it very difficult to win destruction contest with this 11 year old girl.

On top of that, her father comes for monthly salary in your place, of course with other incentives such as groceries etc.
Where is the mother in all this?
Do you really expect me to believe you?
No mention of one good thing from the girl, not even to fetch water or cook anything?

Your heart is black because I don't see why you were hesistant when your husband wanted to bring her. Do you know their family history?
Who trained your husband? What exactly are you bringing to the table?

You first of all painted the father of the girl with black paints as if you know anything about him.
Evil thing.

And all you people shouting send her home, do you really think this evil thing is telling you all the story?
Do you not believe that if this is a law court, the girl will have her chance to say her own version.
She never wanted her in the first place and she admitted it up there. She just wanted her own relatives to fill the house. It's common with evil women.
Do you know how stoopid you sound?

13 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by cococandy(f): 10:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
bebe2:

grin grin

and to think he was asking us for dollars

not know that we are from the uk.

show how much he knows his family grin
lol. All foreign money must be dollars.
Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by palsenator(m): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
The truth is that you don't like the girl and the family at large because you felt you are doing well . Your language said it all but don't forget karma.

6 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by megastu(m): 10:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
Madam, please send that girl back. You want your husband to die young. That girl's father will live very long. He doesnt care about anything in the world. Wheras all the wahala is for u and your husband. Better be advised.

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Ugosample(m): 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
SamMilla1:
Take that from me.
All those bunch of lies you told against this girl just to paint her black, would you say the same things if she was your sister?

I can easily tell that you are angry because she came from the husbands side. It's common with all evil women.

Change your ways when you still can, otherwise you will pour hot water or acid on her someday and end up in Prison.

She broke plasma, broke Toilet WC, really? That hard thing? How did she do that? With a sledgehammer or what?
What else did she do?

I am way too intelligent to believe all the rubbish you said about this innocent girl.
Even Lucipher will find it very difficult to win a destruction contest with this 11 year old girl.

On top of that, her father comes for monthly salary in your place, of course with other incentives such as groceries etc.
No mention of one good thing from the girl, not even to fetch water or cook anything?

Your heart is black because I don't see why you were hesistant when your husband wanted to bring her. Do you know their family history?

You first of all painted the father of the girl with black paints as if you know anything about him.
Evil thing.

And all you people shouting send her home, do you really think this evil thing is telling you all the story?
Do you not believe that if this is a law court, the girl will have her chance to say her own version.
She never wanted her in the first place and she admitted it up there. She just wanted her own relatives to fill the house. It's common with evil women.

What sort of rubbish is this one saying?
As old as you are, you are still talking rubbish.
I have seen this episode play out a lot of times, so I can relate with what she is talking about.

10 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Fawklicant: 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
MarryMeee:
I have been with my husband for a while now and I can say we have been doing well for ourselves. But i have a problem with some relatives that are turning us into their atm machine. My husband has an uncle who has always had other people taking care of his children (5children from 3 different women) for him whilst he goes out to enjoy himself without a care in the world.

Last year my in laws asked us to take in one of his daughters so she could go to school in the city. I was hesitant at first since i did not know much about her or the father, but eventually I warmed up to the idea. Fast forward 6months later, I am sick and tired of it. She does not do her homework without being forced and sometimes she skips school. I have already been called 3times by her teacher making complaints about her attitude in class and her perfomance. If you do not dig for her homework from her bag she will not do it. This girl is already 11 and she is only in grade 4 and she bed-wets.

I do not usually resort to beating a child because I have told myself that should be the last resort, but at the same time I am tired of buying things for her because she is always destroying them. She will wear her best clothes to go play with mud outside and she has turned her school shoes in slippers. She is always losing her stationery and she has torn 2 of her school uniforms already. She once broke the toilet and we had to get a new (not toilet seat, i mean the actual damn toilet) and she broke the plasma in the living room barely 5months after we got it.

As if she is not a big enough headache, her father always finds himself in my house almost every month and he will not leave until you compensate him for coming to your house uninvited. Of course he will expect you to give him money and groceries to take home.

Everything has been frustrating my husband as well and he is considering taking the girl back to her father's house as soon as schools closes and to be honest i really do not have a problem with that, but my issue is that his family is against the idea because its not a christian thing to do (1Timothy 5v8)

To those who have been in the same situation, how did you resolve it amicably and where did you draw the line?

MY SISTER!!! Take the girl back home now when it is still early. Their type pf family seems like the ungrateful type. Do not give yourself heartache that would eventually turn to 'bad thing'. The most annoying part is the father's attitude. Thats a no no! We weeeee not take it! The thing with these types of relatives is that your efforts would be like pouring water down the drain in the long run.
If she does'nt run away from home one day, she'll feed her people with lies about you dehumanizing through beating etc...or eventually she'll get pregnant while in your house and all your good intentions would come to nought. As for all the things she did like breaking things, bedwetting, etc, those are normal things kids do but skipping school and unseriousness with her academics are red flags. Pay attention to those.

Madam! Madam!! MADAM!!! Heeennh! Heeenh! Start saving for when your own kids arrive, do not fall into that trap of caring what any bloke thinks. Your husband's family can adopt her if they are so concerned, you and your husband on the other hand need to look into the future.

Remove the monkey's hand from the pot of soup before it transforms into a human hand!

4 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by GoodBoi1(m): 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
I don't see anything special here. She is a kid. What do you expect? Do you even have children? 'Cos if you do you would understand that it is NORMAL. What kind of childhood did you have? I'm not against correction though.

3 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Jacko01: 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
You never give the pikin better slap

They destroyed your plasma screen and you arr saying you hate beating kids

Wooz her better slap let her know she cant be doing nonsense

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Valprof: 10:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
MarryMeee:

who is turnin u to atm now...go and sit..u never liked that gal from day one..........stingy wicked women everywhere that spoil families....she dont do assignment, she bed wet ...bullscrap...ur children no dy bedwet.......

...god help us from karashika

4 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
SamMilla1:
Take that from me.

What else did she do?

Even Lucipher will find it very difficult to win a destruction contest with this 11 year old girl.

Evil thing.

lol.

Lazy uncle is that you?

10 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Wowzer(m): 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
Treat her like you will treat your daughter and stop Whinging. Shame.

2 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by cococandy(f): 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
You don't even have common sense. Is she supposed to be responsible for the girl? Having the girl in her home is supposed to be a favor and not something in-laws sit together, decide and foist on her. Your type will always have marital problems because you take your spouses for granted.

If you can't raise a child, don't have one. Simple. Nobody came to this world to raise your kids for you. Such disgusting entitlement mentality.
SamMilla1:
Take that from me.

What else did she do?

Evil thing.

15 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by lastpage: 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
MarryMeee:

You actually dont have much AUTHORITY to change things here! (except you are in Europe/USA where the wives drive their husband out of the house and the husbands live in fear of their wives! grin grin )

All you can do is continue to support your husband and hope he gets "fed up" of the situation.

Now, EVERYTHING now depends on how MANLY your husband is.

Some husbands cant stand up to their family members (its a character weakness!)
Some Husbands are so weak to the point that only the "family members of their wife" can come to live with them (and get trained to university level) while the wife would not allow his own family member to ever come near their door!

You also dont need to incur the "direct wrath" of those witches in your husband's family....

Let your husband make the decision to send her packing, then you support that decision as best as you can.

Your husband should be able to tel his Uncle that he needs to "inform them" prior, that he is coming to stay over.
Well, that is the problem with people who have too many spare rooms in their house a.k.a Duplex! grin grin

if you come to my house uninvited, you will sleep on the Couch the first and second day but l will ensure that you get the message that l HATE people sleeping on my Couch because l will keep "yelling at the children" about it....... so you will get the message.

But if you are one of those "deaf relatives", l will organise to FUMIGATE the whole house while organising a two-day get-away for me and my family only! Nobody will tell you say you don "over-stay" and need to be 'deported'! shocked

Even one single Cockroach will not survive staying behind!
grin grin

Cunny-man die..... Cunny-man bury am
. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Babateemd: 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
Please the man na irresponsible person so don't even quote the Bible in this situation. Don't kill yourself. Back to sender one time. Na only him sabi titrate with raincoat. Sorry for the little girl though , but she is not helping her situation neither. So do the needful.
Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Lexusgs430: 10:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
Marrymeee - Continue keeping her at your peril. Till her presence starts to exhibit strain on your marriage. Then you would know what to do.
Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by johnlegend01: 10:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
There are two ways to it in My opinion.

-If you keep her further, you might wound/kill her someday which will land you in a bad place.
-If you just return her home, you might face problems physically and or spiritually.

I think you can take her to her father's house with the promise of footing her schooling expenses until she gets pregnant in 3years time. Find an excuse:

*you will start to get busy, you and your husband and it will be required that she gets care which will start to miss in your home
*you want to relocate to a violent place. She should stay away temporarily.
Just say something to help you justify taking her back to her parents/father.

1 Like

Re: Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank by Valprof: 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
SamMilla1:
Take that from me.

What else did she do?

Evil thing.

and some myopic idiots are supporting this woman....imagine the way she records the gals mistakes lyk a book keeper........only if that gal was her junior sis

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Wife Starves Me Of Sex / 10 Family Members Locked In Cage In Bayelsa Over Land Dispute (Pics) / Young Girl Beats Dad In Kolo Challenge, Saves More Notes Than Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.