Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily (26560 Views)

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by steviron(m): 6:50am On Jun 23, 2016
ZoggingMaster:
It's so easy for the bank to blame debit complaints on the machine but the due question should be HOW OFTEN DO THESE MACHINE ERRONEOUSLY CREDIT CUSTOMERS' ACCOUNTS? I doubt if the bank would leave the machines unattended to if it begins to credit accounts. I think the bank is building it's wealth on 'alleged' system error. If they debit 20 million customers in just one day, maybe only 2,000 will complain and only 20 will fight dirty until they are refunded.
My own is that I don't know who to hold responsible between Gtbank or Mtn cuz it happens to Me @ every first attempt to purchase mtn card with the 737 code. The first attempt will debit Me the money without seeing any card in My phone untill I try again the second. They do dis to Me each time I purchase card with the code.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by hardehboy(m): 6:52am On Jun 23, 2016
]I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016. Am used to the *737# way of buying airtime from my account and countless of times have I been debited and in the end no airtime was credited to my phone account

Questions begging for answers:

1)Is Gtbank's network system malfunctioning?

Yes I think it's there network system because I was debited 200 and 100, got an alert SMS that reflects the transaction of 200 and 100. But when I noticed it was a general problem because a friend of mine was debited 100 and the SMS alert shows

Acct: ******4204
Amt: NGN100.00 Dr
Desc: OTHER TRANSACTION-AIRTIME_101CT0000000000145394633_5/4/2016_2348135947724
Avail Bal: NGN4,927, 000.01

So we decided to check what was wrong with Internet banking, no transaction was reflected coz we both have our normal account balance
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by olamide83(f): 6:52am On Jun 23, 2016
Same here. E gbawa o. Consumer Protection Council are you there?
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by dynamo77(m): 6:55am On Jun 23, 2016
200 naira was deducted from my account too.

Nepa.... Unstable power supply, in short no light

Service provider.... Unsolicited messages and call coupled with horrible network service

Police... No security and they will still harass you

ASUU.... Strike

Tomatoes.... Ebola

FOREX.... Unavailable

GTB/GBT(jibiti- scam)... Loot away your hard earn money...

Nigeria is grossly not conducive for me

I'm going back to Somalia

3 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Blazinraj01(f): 6:59am On Jun 23, 2016
I was also debited 600 naira yesterday. I called Gtconnect but kept on putting me on hold while wasting my hard earned airtime angry

Just checked my balance. It has been refunded.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Codedboy95(m): 6:59am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:
I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016. Am used to the *737# way of buying airtime from my account and countless of times have I been debited and in the end no airtime was credited to my phone account

2) for the airtime transactions that I made and I wasn't credited why was the money not refunded immediately or set aside as a block

3) why would I recieve a debit alert for 4 different transactions?

Am beginning to see Gtbank as a big fraud, I wish the mods do the needful by putting this on front page so that every Gtbank account holder can learn from this fraudulent activity going on in Gtbank. Attached below are screen shots of the emails I got from Gtbank

Hello Op Someone is actually buying the airtime on your behalf.. Do you receive Sms alert on your sim?.. if not it means the sim you used to register with gtbank is being used by another person.. let me tell you how this can happen.. probably your sim became inactive and was recycled and given to another person.. .. Atleast this is what i was told when i went to the bank to complain that i receive alert which is not mine on my new mtn sim.. and there was a day i wanted to Recharge using the *737*.. i didn't know my calls was set to sim 2.. (my new mtn sim).. and the recharge was done from the person's account.... So i suggest you go to bank and change your phone number..
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by BrownChima212(m): 7:00am On Jun 23, 2016
Am also a victim....i have been afraid of depositing into my account since then. I now use other banks. We need explanations asap!!!!

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by kingthreat(m): 7:01am On Jun 23, 2016
ckmayoca:

1k here also.

Wow, this is serious.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by AbidemiAy(m): 7:01am On Jun 23, 2016
Kockane:
Not like I'm a Gtb spokesperson or anything o, but from what I was made to understand, these amounts were blocked on the affected individuals accounts from the points when the airtime purchases were made but never debited. And this dates to as far back as over a year ago.

What this means is, even though the customer cannot have access to the funds, it's been in their account all this while and only now did the debit take place even though they already got value for their money at the point of transaction.

And for those who are experiencing a negative balance after the debit, calm down folks, and check your account balances after a few hrs, the block on the funds on your account will have been removed and account balance back to what it should be.

And folks, should you need further clarifications after this, you might want to request for your account statement, you would realize what I just explained. No way a bank as responsible as GTB would mindlessly debit you for a transaction you never initiated. All the best.

#TeamWeLoveGTB. kiss

Thanks Kockane, I just check my account bal online now, exactly what you said. I was debited 100, 200, yst but for a while I noticed that my available balance is 300 short from the book balance but as at now both are the same.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Mohr(m): 7:02am On Jun 23, 2016
They did the same thing to me, I was debited 500 naira for airtime I didn't initiate the transaction.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by omonighoblessing(f): 7:05am On Jun 23, 2016
Isryl02:
why are they not crediting people then, pls stop defending mediocrity

well that has happened as well

but how many people will come out to say they were recipient of such money.

I was in d banking hall one day when a customer came in and said he went to make a withdrawal and was over paid by the machine with #3,000.
next day the same happened but a lesser amount.
we thanked the customers knowing fully well that if they hadn't come forward, the atm custodian would pay for the difference.
we still wondered how a customer would count money that the atm paid ,all the same we thanked them.
so fast forward to what u were saying?
yes it happens as well.customers get credited but not all make a fuss about it.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 23, 2016
GTBank debited me 100naira yesterday being 22 of June of airtime i did not purchase. I was dazed and flabbergasted because that's pure embezzlement . Pls they should try and reverse it because in this present state of economy 100naira is like 1000naira. They even charge my account 80naira every month end...imagine!

They are now making me regret ever opening my account with them .
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Hopcy(m): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2016
No body has ever say good thing since. I am a loyal customer of *737# I haven't experience all these complained above. Sometimes they (GTB , charge me #10 or none at all. Update your account.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Ayomide93(m): 7:09am On Jun 23, 2016
dollaflow:
was debited 200, 200, and 100 with out initiating any transaction today
I was debited same amount too. I was surprised. I think its a system error that has been corrected though!
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Phadilah(f): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:
I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016. Am used to the *737# way of buying airtime from my account and countless of times have I been debited and in the end no airtime was credited to my phone account

2) for the airtime transactions that I made and I wasn't credited why was the money not refunded immediately or set aside as a block

3) why would I recieve a debit alert for 4 different transactions?

Am beginning to see Gtbank as a big fraud, I wish the mods do the needful by putting this on front page so that every Gtbank account holder can learn from this fraudulent activity going on in Gtbank. Attached below are screen shots of the emails I got from Gtbank
same hia
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by veraiyke(m): 7:13am On Jun 23, 2016
I think say na only me o. They sent me same message on the 18th of this month july.Dear Valued Customer, 

Debit For Airtime Purchase 

Please be informed that your account will be debited on 20th June, 2016 as settlement for Airtime Purchase initiated from your account as shown below:

Amount (N): 100
Date of Purchase: 5/20/16 2:25 PM
Phone Number: 2347064891176
Remark: 101CT0000000000151112845

Kindly note that this debit will not affect your account balance as the funds for the settlement of this Airtime Purchase was blocked at the point of initiating the purchase. 

We sincerely apologise for every inconvenience this might have caused you and thank you for your understanding.

For further enquiries, please contact GTConnect; our 24hour contact center on +234-1-4480000, +234 80 2900 2900 or +234 80 3900 3900. 

Thank you for banking with us.

I was shocked. And they finally took my #100 just like that. I go visit der office on a fateful day when I'm chanced.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mylove4him(f): 7:13am On Jun 23, 2016
The same thing happened to me yesterday and I tried calling gtconnect and they put me on hold for about 5 mins and I got pissed and ended the call. Later I twitted at them at their twitter handle @gtb help. I got a debit alert of 1500 in 1000 and 500 category. Before then I have noticed that there was a difference in book balance and available balance. Sha this is what GTB had to say when they replied the tweet.

"Hello, the debit notification you received is for a successfully completed airtime purchase transaction initiated on 20/05/2016 and 18/05/2016. On the stated dates, you were not debited but the funds were held which is why you may have noticed a difference in your account balance. The debit has now been passed and the held funds will be released. Please be assured that it is not a fraudulent/unauthorized transaction. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused."
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Niiade(m): 7:14am On Jun 23, 2016
Was charged 1k I will go through my statement when I have their time.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by chumakk: 7:14am On Jun 23, 2016
Thank you. I was charged 1400!

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Ricmayak1: 7:17am On Jun 23, 2016
Same here. 1000, 1000, 1500 I think.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Osakah24(m): 7:18am On Jun 23, 2016
So I'm not alone in this

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by TIPTEC: 7:19am On Jun 23, 2016
Now I can conclude that GTBank is a scam. I just got an alert yesterday that I was debited for 200 Naira recharge card.
GTBank, you guys are thieves!

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Elbizzcklinz(m): 7:30am On Jun 23, 2016
I ALSO RECEIVED THIS,I WILL SOON MAKE A REPORT

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by bablononi(m): 7:37am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:

Its not but am only creating an awareness
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by bablononi(m): 7:38am On Jun 23, 2016
Niiade:
Was charged 1k I will go through my statement when I have their time.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by bablononi(m): 7:38am On Jun 23, 2016
Osakah24:
So I'm not alone in this
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by efosases: 7:40am On Jun 23, 2016
GT bank also debited me oh. What sort of nonsense is this.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by bablononi(m): 7:41am On Jun 23, 2016
mylove4him:
The same thing happened to me yesterday and I tried calling gtconnect and they put me on hold for about 5 mins and I got pissed and ended the call. Later I twitted at them at their twitter handle @gtb help. I got a debit alert of 1500 in 1000 and 500 category. Before then I have noticed that there was a difference in book balance and available balance. Sha this is what GTB had to say when they replied the tweet.

"Hello, the debit notification you received is for a successfully completed airtime purchase transaction initiated on 20/05/2016 and 18/05/2016. On the stated dates, you were not debited but the funds were held which is why you may have noticed a difference in your account balance. The debit has now been passed and the held funds will be released. Please be assured that it is not a fraudulent/unauthorized transaction. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused."
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by maxwellontop(m): 7:42am On Jun 23, 2016
My account was also debited for same reason, only for me to go to their branch to lodge a complain, they started speaking grammars......
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by bablononi(m): 7:42am On Jun 23, 2016
steviron:
My own is that I don't know who to hold responsible between Gtbank or Mtn cuz it happens to Me @ every first attempt to purchase mtn card with the 737 code. The first attempt will debit Me the money without seeing any card in My phone untill I try again the second. They do dis to Me each time I purchase card with the code.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by DoubleN(m): 7:43am On Jun 23, 2016
GTB Bank is indeed a useless bank. My current account is in debit for reasons I don't understand.
Spent 20 minutes plus with GTConnect to resolve an issue I have with funds stuck in 'book balance'.

The bank is really taking its customers for granted.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2016
don't be stupid and stop spreading lies, the money is in your account BLOCKED, if the transaction will not fly, the system will return your money and instead of coming here to lie to others why not approach their customer service and let them check what happen and if need be refund the money that the system might have erroneously debited you, how much airtime you buy that you are now shouting to the whole world? stop exposing your ignorance

did you mention the air time you purchased but you were never debited?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form / Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar / Paid In Full: How I Am Making Income Online In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.