Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily (26596 Views)

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by akinsdeji(m): 11:55am On Jun 23, 2016
Same here too.gtb deducted my money about 2k in this order 300...100...1000...300...100...200,all deductions happens same day.on Wednesday and I didn't purchase any airtime of recent through their echannel
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by kulay1(m): 12:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
#200 was withdrawn from my account as well undecided#200 was withdrawn from my account as well
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by leezbebe(f): 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
I thought I was d only one that experienced this,I was charged 500 ,for airtym I dint purchase.... They also debited 2000naira from my account without crediting it back....Gtb is becoming a pain
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by tushbobo(m): 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
Life4Varnity:
SO SORRY TO SAY THIS BIG TRUTH.

IT IS NOT GTB BUT FRAUDSTERS BASICALLY ON HACKING. THEY WILL CALL YOU AND TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE FROM GTB CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT YOUR BVN HASNT BEEN VERIFIED SO YOU WILL BE LIKE WTF. IT IS VERIFIED AND THEY WILL ASK YOU TO PROVIDE YOUR CARD NO AND PIN SO THEY MAKE VERIFICATION ONCE AGAIN. ONCE U DROP THIS INFO. MY BROTHER MY SISTER YOU GONE FOR LIFE.(smiley

WITH THAT INFO. THERE IS A GTB PORTAL WEBSITE THEY WILL VISIT THE SITE AND USE THAT INFO TO MAKE SELF CARE ONLINE TRANSFER OR TOP UP RECHARGE CARD.

THIS ARE THE TRICKS. ASK ME HOW I KNOW. I GO EXPLAIN.

GUYZ THEY HUSSTLE. JUST BEWARE AND FOR THOSE LADIES OUT THERE THAT LOVES DISTURBING GUYZ FOR RECHARGE CARD. PLS LIMIT IT IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET INTO TROUBLE. SOMEONE RECHARGE MY LINE FROM ABIA A FRIEND OF MINE. HE ID SUCH THING. IT WAS GOD MERCY THAT SAVED ME. IF U DONT HAVE CALL CARD. BORO FROM UR NETWRK. BAE, STOP LOOKING FOR AWOOF CARD O. ALL THIS OUR GUYZ OF THIS DAYS ARE SCAMMERS, NOT ALL BUT FEW. NOT FEW BUT MANY.

YOU GOT IT ? THANK ME LATER

Don't misinform people. GTB has some issues. I am aware enough not to attend to calls from imposters or open emails I have no business with.
This has been on for some months and I was debited 6k. I complained thinking I was the only not knowing many folks are also affected.

It debits your account balance and leaves your book balance... Only to debit your book balance many weeks later. This actually leaves room for confusion and fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Jacoolzi(m): 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
Same here I was deducted of #100 from my account. just got this message from Gtb that the money will be reversed within 48 hours..
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by julimaxy: 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
You have to call GTBank and double check the number(s) registered to your accounts.

Same thing happened to me sometime ago, when I called I found out that I used my sister's phone number to register with them, anytime my sister topped up it would be debited from my accounts. It has happened since I changed the phone number.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mygee33(m): 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
Na wah oh. Got N100 recharge text message yesterday. Up till now I am still expecting de thing for my phone.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by lollymi(f): 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
My husband was debited 200 too for airtime he didn't purchase. I think that some IT guys in the bank are up to something fishy, cos some of them do this and claim it was an error whereas millions of naira is in their account somewhere. My thoughts though.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by casmir378: 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
Same here ...efcc where r u
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by kennethology(m): 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
@ mayor2013 this is pure display of poverty. Educated people go to the bank and get clarification. Go to school and learn.!
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by druboon404: 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
Op,you are very correct.I got a text some days ago that #100 was deducted from my account for air time purchase that I never did..The least I always recharge is #200..
I am really disappointed in Gtb and we need to do something s fast as possible..This is cheating/stealing/curruption.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
Same here o cry cry. I was debited #2600 for recharging my mtn line which I didn't do. Gtbank please return my money o
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mayor2013: 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
kennethology:
@ mayor2013 this is pure display of poverty. Educated people go to the bank and get clarification. Go to school and learn.!

Did you read @ all? Read carefully well and see the part where I wrote that i spoke with Gt connect. Their explanation wasn't too convicing. Even you go to the bank you would be asked to call Gtconnect as well. So the big question goes thus who should go to school to learn undecided

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by julietIE1: 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
Mine is 4k ooo, have called gtb and they were insisting I made the transaction that I should call mtn, I called mtn with all the details gtb provided and mtn said such transactions was not made. This is day light fraud oooo. Gtbank pls refund our money. Simply put *737 has become a fraudulent way for some staff of gtb to enrich themselves. Hope the management get to notice this ooo. Am tired of calling gt connect oooo.wasted 1k credit just speaking with gt connect

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by holyeye1989(m): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
Mehn I thought it was only me oooo. I was charged trice sef
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Phlota(f): 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
I was debited N600 for two transactions of N400 and N200 and I checked my statement and found out i was debited for the transactions. I had to check after my account officer told me the story of i bought airtime and i was not debited on the days i bought them. I am still on it as i got the debit alerts yesterday. Let's all do all we can to stop this fraudulent acts, it's plain fraud.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Khez: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:

Its not but am only creating an awareness

Mayor abegi wetin be this USAFIS thing? Abegi intimate a brother more biko...

God bless

Okafor.km@gmail.com for further contact
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Khez: 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
These deductibles now happen even when you use POS as well, it's really sad.... i stopped buying airtime from my account after i found out

Make them come carry me again buy

Madpple everywhere undecided
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by largehead: 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
same here.... I was charged 500 naira... my available balance is -484 naira... which kind thing b dis sev?
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mylove4him(f): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
bablononi:
my sister, nah lie, scam, i got exactly the same message
The debit notification you received is for a successfully completed airtime purchase transaction initiated on 15/04/2016. On the stated date, you were not debited but the funds were held which is why you may have noticed a difference in your account balance. The debit has now been passed and the held funds will be released. Please be assured that it is not a fraudulent/unauthorized transaction. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I wouldn't know.what to say sha. Let me release the money in the book balance. And my money will be complete. Maybe their machine malfunction or who knows what happened.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by easyfly: 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
PLEASE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BE NOTIFIED THAT GUARANTEED TRUST BANK, NIGERIA IS CHARGING CUSTOMERS FOR AIRTIME NOT PURCHASED.

I was debited as well without purchasing airtime. GTbank kindly return my 100 you debited me for airtime. i didnt buy any airtime.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Obibrows: 12:38am On Jun 24, 2016
They charged me 7000. I v said goodbye to recharging from gtb

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Capitano1(m): 12:43am On Jun 24, 2016
I noticed they have silently refunded mine without any alert of credit. This isn't professional of a bank at all. And when I contacted them they don't seem to understand what I meant even. Useless people.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by benstar(m): 1:11am On Jun 24, 2016
GTBank is messing up.. Charged me 500 yesterday for airtime I never purchased..
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by carluva(m): 1:57am On Jun 24, 2016
Same thing here, I was debited 600 naira for 2 transactions of 300 naira each for the purchase of airtime which I never did.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by anyicash(m): 6:30am On Jun 24, 2016
sweet4:
Have you tried to visit their customer service desk?Blaming them here won't help you one bit
I repeat GTB in trouble, deep deep trouble.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by daniwise(m): 6:33am On Jun 24, 2016
If ure on the *737# platform,please guard ur atm card jealously.If I hv ur fone and the last 4 digits on ur card I can innitiate transfers.Lets be very careful of those we send on errands with our cards.The utility card is there for u to use if u must send ur domestic staffs on errands.Regarding the blocked funds,it also happened to me but its been reversed.You shd understand dat its a system thing and cannot be 100% perfect.U can do a mail to mobilemoney@gtbank.com if ure having similar issues.I dont think any bank will effect a transaction u didnt innitiate.So OP,calm down u'll most definitely get a reversal.Gtbank remains one of the best banks in the whole world.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by anyicash(m): 6:36am On Jun 24, 2016
lumimuyiwaa:
I got three debit alerts on a roll...
500 naira, 200 naira and one hundred naira...
I was wondering..... I had not bought airtime in a long time off my acct.
I say ehh!! the corruption practices have spread in every nook and cranny..Is that not stealing? i still wonder why he told Nigerians that "stealing is not corruption"
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by anyicash(m): 6:41am On Jun 24, 2016
Dekmankind:

I got the above notification when I bought 500 naira airtime. I wrote a complain immediately and no body responded. Where on earth is 10,208.26 - 500 = 9,208.26??
Is that mathematics correct? Even literature students will mark that wrong.

It is a very unfortunate situation.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by lushbae: 12:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
Everything GTB is fraud. Know it now. Writing from experience. A word is enough...
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ElCount: 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
Please o! Whats up with Gtb umuahia and abia board of internal revenue
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Ups01(m): 11:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
mayor2013:

What actually happened in your case

Phlota:
I was debited N600 for two transactions of N400 and N200 and I checked my statement and found out i was debited for the transactions. I had to check after my account officer told me the story of i bought airtime and i was not debited on the days i bought them. I am still on it as i got the debit alerts yesterday. Let's all do all we can to stop this fraudulent acts, it's plain fraud.

They deducted N1000 for Airtime i didn't purchase sad. It got me annoyed.

I contacted complaints@gtbank.com they claimed i bought the airtime for A TEN DIGIT NUMBER and that it was debited on the day i bought the airtime

Are 10 digits contacts valid? undecided

GTB return my money oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form / Innoson Vs Gtbank: 40 Key Points From Gtbank's Version Of What Caused Dispute / We Are Still Collecting Old Naira Notes - ECOBANK, UBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.