Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily (26559 Views)

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by olutoy: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2016
I use heritage bank plc nd nothing like dat has ever happened guys shift to dis bank they have a very good servicesssss!......
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Tosbi(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2016
Thank God am not the only one, got the alert yesterday also for airtime recharge i didn't request for... N300 actually. Na wa o!
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by reaky(m): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2016

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Senorita123(f): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2016
The same way they deducted #2000 from my account 2days ago, meanwhile they ve deducted this money b4. Over a thousand people already complained about this and I think it is real incompetence on the part of a reputable bank like gtb. I will try to go to d bank soon Sha
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:44am On Jun 23, 2016
hunnnm u again ... were ave u been... grin grin
ladyF:
Let me log in and check my 3 digit balance first. angry

Ewooo.... *faints* cry That my last 500 nera I planned to withdraw today, dem don comot 200 and 100 shocked No ATM will dispense N200 notes na... Which kain wahala be dis one? Why me!!!! cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by dam4wummy(m): 9:48am On Jun 23, 2016
Same thing happened to my friend, he got alert of #300 airtime purchase, funniest thing is that he had only #24 in his account, then his balance was negative. I was like "when Gtb become mtn??

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Enoquin(f): 9:56am On Jun 23, 2016
Lol! And here I was thinking I was the only one. Got a mail friday evening that N3000 would be deducted from my account on Monday for recharge but that it would not affect my main balance. I called gtconnect to be sure and the lady who answered repeated the same thing like thrice, leading me to happily end the call.

Tuesday evening, I got a N3000 debit alert that affected my main balance. Rectified the matter yesterday but the experience has scarred me because I rarely move around with cash preferring instead to do most of my transactions online.

I would stop recharging via GT for now, I don't like stories that touch

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by fopdnewton: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2016
I have had the same issue with gtbank severally
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by demosoft: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2016
I got debited as well...Gtconnect claimed it's for airtime I purchased in may. Not the first time and the bank needs to be probed

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by cyrusmike: 9:59am On Jun 23, 2016
i have the same issue. I got a message this morning stating that I purchase do 200naira airtime and tg ed y debited me. I didn't even recharge at all. Gtb don turn thief oooooo.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2016
Am also a victim of the occurrence, I contacted them via Twitter and got these response

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by indomitable234: 10:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Same here Gtb debited me into negative balance for airtime I didn't purchase
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by lexylexy(m): 10:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Dis is a disaster,management have to come out with some kind of explanation and reverse this show of shame b4 its too late. I have never seen so much complains in one day? Nawa o,its a total mess undecided
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:11am On Jun 23, 2016
frisky2good:
For every same here I see on this thread, my heart dey cut because I get GT bank account. angry
exactly how I felt!
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by spygadgets(m): 10:19am On Jun 23, 2016
They deducted mine also 1400 I total of 3 deduction!!!! Thought I was even alone on this
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by anigbajumo(m): 10:21am On Jun 23, 2016
We wish to inform you that a Debit transaction occurred on your account with us.

The details of this transaction are shown below:
Transaction Notification

Transaction Location : CORPORATE H.O.
Description : OTHER TRANSACTION
Amount : 1000.00
Value Date : 22-Jun-2016
Remarks : AIRTIME_101CT000000000
Time of Transaction : 1:38 PM
Document Number : 0

The balances on this account as at 1:50 PM are as follows;
Current Balance
:
271,895.09 Naira
Available Balance
:
270, 795.09 Naira

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank plc

"Your Internet Banking user ID and password, ATM card number and PIN are confidential and should never be disclosed to anyone".

Kindly log on to our website www.gtbank.com OR
Call GTConnect on 0700 GTConnect (0700 482666328), 01 448 0000, 0803 900 3900 or 0802 900 2900 for more information.
NB:
Our notification service sent this mail to you using a default setting and the information you supplied to us when your account was opened.
If you wish to limit the type of mails you receive or the email address(es) in use, please send an email to us by clicking on the link below:
Send a Mail to Guaranty Trust Bank eLectronic Notification Service (GeNS)

The thunder wey go fire them is waiting for lightening, i was reading yesterday even far away to my phone when i gat d message, i thought it was a scam but when later realized when received mobile alert. I called their customer care she was telling me nonsense before I started to threatened her that i will exposed them to media nd she promised me they will refund it back in the next 48hrs.. ...

Till now, av not seen anything may be they av refund it or not.It was even 1100 nd I saw the illegal debit of 1000.. ..

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by enoch273: 10:26am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:
I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016. Am used to the *737# way of buying airtime from my account and countless of times have I been debited and in the end no airtime was credited to my phone account

Questions begging for answers:

1)Is Gtbank's network system malfunctioning?

2) for the airtime transactions that I made and I wasn't credited why was the money not refunded immediately or set aside as a block

3) why would I recieve a debit alert for 4 different transactions?

Am beginning to see Gtbank as a big fraud, I wish the mods do the needful by putting this on front page so that every Gtbank account holder can learn from this fraudulent activity going on in Gtbank. Attached below are screen shots of the emails I got from Gtbank

Same thing happened to me oo, I am far from home and my branch, but when I am back I am heading to the bank, that day they won't attend to anyone until my money is refunded, I no buy airtime yet they debited me #600
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Taeewo(m): 10:29am On Jun 23, 2016
Sharp guy
TDonald:

OLANIPEKUN TAIWO RAHMAN

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by horllamy(m): 10:30am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:
I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016. Am used to the *737# way of buying airtime from my account and countless of times have I been debited and in the end no airtime was credited to my phone account

2) for the airtime transactions that I made and I wasn't credited why was the money not refunded immediately or set aside as a block

Am beginning to see Gtbank as a big fraud, I wish the mods do the needful by putting this on front page so that every Gtbank account holder can learn from this fraudulent activity going on in Gtbank. Attached below are screen shots of the emails I got from Gtbank

They did same to me also
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by jhenie(f): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2016
gidimasters:
is it by force to transact with them other banks are there ogbeni
I also received the mail and was debited #200 and #100 thrice making it a total of #500.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by jhenie(f): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:

Had the same issue, got the same mail and was debited #200 a and #100 thrice making it a total of #500
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 23, 2016
They debited #100 too from my account for a card I never purchsed . they initially sent me a mail some days back that o purchased a card few months back, and that is a big lie! Yesterday they deducted 100 from account, saying I have purchased recharge of 100 naira. I checked my phone balance it wasn't there. Couldn't go to lodge a complaint because 100 is small
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by johnjay4u2u(m): 10:42am On Jun 23, 2016
same here o. email alert for100 naira credit They must returñ our money o. Imagine if 1 million customers were affected. GTB, bring back our money.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ibietela2(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2016
Mine is 1k they said it's for April undecided
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by just2ok(m): 10:51am On Jun 23, 2016
#100 was deducted from my account as well.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by olusheye2(m): 10:57am On Jun 23, 2016
I also had the same issue, i was debited twice N200 and N1000 respectively. Though i already sent them a mail copied all there e-mail addresses i know and i also copied vanguard newspaper to call their attention to this fraudulent act and mass theft of Gtbank, before this current situation is out of hand. Hope to get a reply from them soon.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by waistaa(f): 11:03am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:

. Same here o,I was charged #1200. Only for me to see my mtn account balance -#200. Biko I didn't beg them o
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ElPhenomenal(m): 11:10am On Jun 23, 2016
2500 here, i don't understand
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by waistaa(f): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2016
Please who knows or has their customer care contact that is active...on top these jobless situation na e person wan chop me #1200
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2016
same for me.... (400 naira)
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Seunolad1(m): 11:33am On Jun 23, 2016
My was 900 for the card I have paid for.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by denbaba: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2016
same here too. I did top up. money was debited and airtime was not given. called my network provider they said its from d bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form / Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar / Paid In Full: How I Am Making Income Online In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.