Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5401351 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 12:17am On Jun 21, 2010
First it was God that made it this way.
my doctor just told me to stop all medication i was taking and see what my own egg can do on there own.My own process is a little more complicated than just baby dancing.

First let me explain what protocol i did so you can understand .I have been doing IUI'S where by you go in day 3 of your cycle they check your follicles then they give you clomid and you take that for 5 days, to help you have more eggs then you go back again in some days and they see if you have any matured eggs that are ready.
meaning ovulation if they see the size they want ,then you will inject your self with an injection that will make you ovulate in about 24 to 48 hours then you go back again and they do the IUI, where by they wash your partners spermatozoa and insert it close to your uterus as possible. The rest is luck oh cos if the spermatozoa cant swim fast enough that cycle is a bust, if you ovulate before you do the IUI it is a bust cos there is no way of knowing exactly what time you will ovulate when an IUI is done.

All i did in this cycle was just count my normal days after my period and guess my ovulation date using OPK and they told me to use the injection so for sure i ovulate between 24 to 48 hours and did the IUI .
So if i had no eggs this cycle it would have been a bust. on clomid sometime you get as many as 3 to 5mature eggs that can be fertilized without it i just had this special one egg that has become my God's gift.
I pray even my enemy never has to go through this process cos the process alone makes you weak and discouraged.

oh and i am taking Baby asprin one a day and Progesterone suppositories.

I dont know why oh i have posted 2 times.@ Mypeace no oh Cos it is a blood thinner and your doctor has to take you off it, so as not to hvae blood loss during pregnancy.

Monday update i am in bed feel sick nothing more to say lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 12:28am On Jun 21, 2010
??
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by VENUSS(f): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2010
oh my GOD dis is great, congrgats to arlington,stages nd odas.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2010
My update

CD  37
(if centri is paribus l suppose see am today, but since centri refused to be paribus this month, nothing nothing for now grin)  l dont understand ooo.  Have been having  little  brown spotting only when l wipe (sorry tmi) since last week. dont tell me its implantation bleeding grin, l dont think l ovulated, yes l know its possible to ovulate without knowing, but this cycle to me is up side down!

@Arlington
Congratulation for your morning sickness, that what u have been asking for cheesy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2010
VENUSS:

oh my GOD dis is great, congrgats to arlington,stages nd odas.

girlie, where have you been?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yvyy(f): 10:47am On Jun 21, 2010
@ mypeace,just be positive and have faith cos that might be implantation.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by franny1980: 11:50am On Jun 21, 2010
@ Arlington
Congrats once again
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Kokodee(f): 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2010
Hi all,

I have been following u guys closely and glad that everyone is still keeping faith.

I had a baby miraculously last year after a surgery on my ovaries and this year i took in b4 my baby turned one. I was upset, becos i wanted to rest and get myself back but I got to church on a sunday evening and the pastor called out for women TTC and my goodness , they came out in 100s and here I was an ungrateful brat who didnt even ask for and was given graciously, I cried like a baby that evening asked God to forgive me and stretched out my hands to pray for those expecting, hence the interest in this group.

It will come to pass for each one here, my sister had a baby after 5 years last week. With God, his timing with us will always be perfect. He will reward each one of you with his precious gifts, don't be weary.

Agape.

@ Mypeace, i am about rounding up my MPA at Lag, we were to start together cos u gave me the push (not as stressful as they claim), Carrying another big belle this session after carry a big one last session.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2010
No update,just waiting patiently for my next period. Nice testimony Kokodee.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2010
@Kokodee
glad to hear from you. Congratulatins on your MPA, l did the entrance exam then, but was not among successful candidates. Decided to do CIPM (personnel mgt) certification, passed the last exam in March, will be doing another this August and the the final by Feb next year. l intend going for MBA at Olabisi Onabanjo by next year after my Feb Exams, that were l had my first degree, l believe competition wont be much there. Congratulations on ur big belle. Am asking God to bless me so that l will have time for my career. sometimes this TTC whala slows me down.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ifunayam(f): 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2010
Been following this thread from a distance and must tell, ve learnt a lot on here.
Thank you all.

EJADAMEN, ABIOP, ALADUNNI, and all the other lovely people who are TTC
i wish to say to you all, that GOD will defintely answer YOU.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 9:39am On Jun 22, 2010
Thanks Ifunaya et all for your prayers even though I'm typing this with tears rolling down my cheeks. I can't bear the psychological trauma my wife is going through. OH GOD, where is thy face cry sad angry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:55am On Jun 22, 2010
abiop:

Thanks Ifunaya et all for your prayers even though I'm typing this with tears rolling down my cheeks. I can't bear the psychological trauma my wife is going through. OH GOD, where is thy face cry sad angry

The joy of the waiting is that you are going to give birth to Isaac, Samuel, John the baptist (if you are a xtian, you know the circumstances surrounding their births and their life histories)  God can never allow you to wait this long and at last give you a naughty person as a child!  Wait joyfully, because Faithful is He that promised, He will SURELY bring it to pass!  His word CAN NEVER change in your time!  IT IS WELL tongue

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by itiade(f): 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2010
abiop:

@Abiop, pls refer to my previous posts. I am a living testimony of the kindness of God.
During my waiting period I asked God for a child but he gave me two.
He is a God of multiplication.
He would surprise you sooner than you think. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2010
Thanks Ifunayam.

Abiop, calm down and have faith. God is alive and will do wonders for you. He says "be still and know that I am God" Be still,pray,believe and wait for Him to surprise you.

@mypeace, OOU is also my alma mater. Which campus were you on? I was at Ikenne campus.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ifunayam(f): 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2010
ABIOP, you are welcome.

Its natural to feel the way you do. But draw strength and take consolation
in the fact that testimonies abound of the unimaginable things that God has done,
and is still doing. That you have not found what you seek, doesnt mean God has
stopped being God.

Cheer up brother, it shall be well.
The storm wld soon be over.

EJADAMEN, welcome dear sis. and pls continue in your strength.
You shall find that which you seek in due season, never give up.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2010
Observation: spotting 2 days before last period. I should going for laparoscopy by ending of the month. Thanks ifunayam, we covet your prayers.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Lynakenz: 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2010
we got married three months ago, and before the wedding av tried to concieve three times on my ovulation days but am not. av gone for all the necessary tests,xray and scan. and am okay, although my husband has not gone for anytests yet. my menstrual cycleis 26-28 days. pls when is my ovulation dates, can i make use of the ovulation kit and how effective is it. again, how good is clomephene. i learnt its good for someone who wants to concieve twins . how is it administered. pls a need ur prompt response. how can one concieve boys.my last start menstrual date is 18th june. thanks and god bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Echala: 11:12pm On Jun 26, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I am kinda new here and also not new. I have been following most of the post here, but never had the courage to make any contribution.
I was diagnosed last year with Endometrosis ovarian cyst, been married for about eight months then and had never been pregnant, till the discovery was told I had to have surgery, I went to UK to have the surgery which was done via laparoscopy, afterwards I was told my tubes were blocked and I cant have kids naturally except through IVF.
Getting to Nigeria I keep hearing the fallopian tubes can be flushed, dont know if anyone has ever gone through that, as I am very scared should something go wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 27, 2010
I may be mistaken and I stand ready to be corrected ,but Endometrosis may sometimes spread to the fallupian tubes and cause a blockage, and I think it may be possible for you tubes to unlock themselves if the Endometrosis is treated.

If you are overweight it may help to try and lose some weight and reduce toxins in your body
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/healthconditionsdisease/a/endometriosis.htm
Echala:

Hi Everyone,

I am kinda new here and also not new. I have been following most of the post here, but never had the courage to make any contribution.
I was diagnosed last year with Endometrosis ovarian cyst, been married for about eight months then and had never been pregnant, till the discovery was told I had to have surgery, I went to UK to have the surgery which was done via laparoscopy, afterwards I was told my tubes were blocked and I cant have kids naturally except through IVF.
Getting to Nigeria I keep hearing the fallopian tubes can be flushed, dont know if anyone has ever gone through that, as I am very scared should something go wrong.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Echala: 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2010
I never heard of that before that after Endo treatment the tubes could unblock themselves, I pray it does happen for me. As per the weight I am a UK size 8, I hope that is not over weight or should I work on myself sad as I am so TTC. God help me.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:57am On Jun 28, 2010
Hello ladies how are you all doing? My update this week
TTC1
Feeling good one day and not good the next day can't eat anything with palmoil or i am in bed all day. Sorry to be crude but my bosoms feel like i am hanging pounded yam mortars on them kai they are painful tongue(God i am not complaning oh i am taking it all in good faith)

@ Lynakenz sorry nobody replied to your post on time. knowing your ovulation can be tricky every ones timing is diffrent not everyone ovulates on The 14th day so i advice that 10 days after your period start checking with OPK's (ovulation test kits) to know for sure or just start baby dancing from that time to about 16days just be sure to buy your husband blood tonic grin
As for Clomephene it is not something you just take without doctors prescription some people do take it but it is risky as it depends on your body it can thin the lining of your uterus which can be dangerous for you .ask a doctor it increases the chances of twins because you will release more than one egg .
As to how one can conceive boys i do not know any ways oh never heard of it only God in my opinion can give you either male or female good luck.

@ Echala I know this can be difficult but just have faith and be strong. In the UK did your doctor tell you they could flush it ? If you heard this is Nigeria you know we have claims to all kind of stuff  just be sure before you do anything please. never heard it can be flushed , only thing i know is that if it is mildly blocked sometimes when an HSG is done some people have said there tubes where unblocked so it depends on how blocked the tubes are.
And you are perfect as a size 8 don't start stressing your self about that .just keep researching and asking your doctors . question for you are you just waiting to see what  your options are or you are thinking of IVF in Nigeria?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:26am On Jun 28, 2010
My update.

7days missed period.

l cant do a hpt or blood test because l dont get result this early from past two experiences. Out of curosity, l did a scan, the sonographer said he is not very sure of what he is seeing, but noted a decidual reaction, mass and cycst. To do a repeat test in 4wks time to be sure. Pls cross your fingers for me.

l am only having a bit tender bossom.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Echala: 10:06am On Jun 28, 2010
Thanks Arlington, after the sugery my Doctor in Uk said he does'nt think they can be unblocked there in the UK, but like three Drs I have spoken with in Nigeria all seem to feel it can be flushed, Dont know what to do. I hope the HSG test unblocks it as I get my result today.
I am still weighing my opions have'nt considered IVF yet. And congrats on your little one was really excited for you.

@My Peace my fingers are crossed with you and you are constantly in my prayers same as everyone.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2010
@ mypeace,finger's crossed for you.

Monday update
TTC 1
CD - when is this counted? after the last day of a period or from the first day?
DPO

I just concluded a heavy period smiley The best one since January.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by masido(f): 10:55am On Jun 29, 2010
@Arlington,

congrats o!our God is truly faithfull.i am so happy for you.
take care of yourself and the little one in there.
our God will be with you throughout your pregnancy period in Jesus name.
and enjoy your pregnancy o.it is well.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 10:11am On Jun 30, 2010
Updates: TTC 1; CD 9: Trying nothing this cycle including "no baby dancing"
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 11:01am On Jun 30, 2010
Aladunni:

Updates: TTC 1; CD 9: Trying nothing this cycle including "no baby dancing"

u are cracking my ribs!!! grin grin grin

Wetin happen? are u on strike? grin

Ejadamen:

@ mypeace,finger's crossed for you.

Monday update
TTC 1
CD - when is this counted? after the last day of a period or from the first day?
DPO

I just concluded a heavy period smiley The best one since January.

CD is counted from the first day of your period.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2010
@MyPeace, thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 8:48am On Jul 01, 2010
@ mypeace, dont mind me ojare, just being naughty.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by uteh: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2010
Even though i hardly post on this forum, I read it all the time.

Arlington, VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS!, GOD IS FAITHFUL. Your testimony is a source of encouragement to others. Do you know what it means to have d person who started the post running pregnant? It will trickle down to every who has ever logged on to TTC. For the lives you touched by starting this, God has blessed you and his blessing is permanent. The bible says none shall cast their young, so shall it be. We shall hear the cry of the baby and the laughter of the mother. Congrats.

Abiop, please take it easy, if you are crying what do you want your wife to do. You are supposed to be encouraging her, your words of encouragement to her means more than that of any other person (am talking from experience). I know its not easy, but trust in God.

GenBuhari, your posts are always informative. But sometimes you just take your eyes off all these - do this, dont do that, eat this dont eat that, and let things happen naturally. I used to be obssesed with getting information on fibroid, until I decided to have it removed totally. I think the important thing is to have rest of mind and not being stressed up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2010
@uteh,
Thanks for the compliment and advise and I agree with you that it is important not to get stressed and people can only do what they can.
I think it is important to have the information out there - especially since it seems that many people feel hopelessness in  these situations and I think it is important to have practical steps to focus on.

However I acknowledge your point of view and agree that being stressed makes it slightly harder to concieve. I think it may be because stress floods your body (whether you are man or woman) with hormones that may not be conducive for ttc. We have all heard countless examples of women who fall pregnant unexpectedly after they have given up ttc and stopped putting pressure on themsleves.

@Abiop, keep doing all the good and right things you are doing but like uteh said, try and take your wife's mind off her worries  and try and reduce her (and your) stress levels by staying positive and taking the pressure off her (and yourself)  in any way you can.

uteh:

Abiop, please take it easy, if you are crying what do you want your wife to do. You are supposed to be encouraging her, your words of encouragement to her means more than that of any other person (am talking from experience). I know its not easy, but trust in God.

GenBuhari, your posts are always informative. But sometimes you just take your eyes off all these - do this, dont do that, eat this dont eat that, and let things happen naturally. I used to be obssesed with getting information on fibroid, until I decided to have it removed totally. I think the important thing is to have rest of mind and not being stressed up.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.