Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU (51196 Views)

Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! / David Cameron Carries His Luggage As He Moves Out Of State House (picture) / UK Votes To Leave The European Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by mickey45: 10:25am On Jun 24, 2016
evy1:
Nah it is the other way round rather,China agitated for Britain to remain in the EU.

Didn't really keep up with the movement but I'm on the opinion the Chinese yen shd get upped with this.

But whether the Chinese govt. Will allow not devalue as they always do remains to be seen
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by nonjebose(m): 10:25am On Jun 24, 2016
There will be a new shape to continental europe, with expected reform that will have far reaching outcome
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by xreal: 10:28am On Jun 24, 2016
wengerjay:
I wish some of our politicians could resign from their positions following serious corrupt allegations against them.

lol

we all know that cannot happen in Nigeria.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by JUBILEE2000: 10:31am On Jun 24, 2016
davodyguy:

It has nothing to do with sport

How do you mean pls Can you elaborate
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Banter1(m): 10:32am On Jun 24, 2016
Saraki and co over to you.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by saintdennis(m): 10:34am On Jun 24, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Why undecided

Ordinary councillorship elections we haven't been able to conduct free and fair.

Take a look @ the recent elections in Rivers and bayelsa and we can clearly see the level of bloodshed over apc v pdp. Even past elections(when naija wasn't so fragmented like it is now) was still bloody.

Now imagine what will happen if a ref is held in the se or ss? I fully expect ipob and militants to flex their muscles as well as FG forces.

So how then will we know the TRUE WILL of the people? I have many pro biafrans n anti biafrans as friends so believe me...I would love to see igbos and N-D'tans get their referendum (I really believe the result of a free and fair referendum will shock the world the way Scots shocked the world)

If a free and fair referendum is possible then I would support it...but we both know it isn't.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by ucee64(m): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2016
The racist won. It's going to be hard road ahead of them. It's the EU that made them rich. Without the EU free trade, free access to other countries economy, free movement of workers from other countries to work in England etc... England is going down fast. There's going to be massive GDP contractions and the pound will continue to decline. Things are going to get expensive.
Edited · Like ·

2 Likes

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by owagbeba: 10:36am On Jun 24, 2016
blaise00700:
No one insults God's own country and people (NIGERIA) and get away with it.

You called a Nation of over 180 million innocent people "Fantastically Corrupt" now Karma has caught up with you.

Buhari, you agreed that Nigeria is "Fantastically Corrupt", you will follow Comeron soon.

What?! What hell is wrong with him calling us Fantastically corrupt? Infact our level of corruption is beyond fantastic. UK PM put it mildly because we know we are cruelly corrupt to our own detriment.

Let me remind you that there isn't any Karma in this, it's just plain politics. He took the decision to call for a referendum; and referendum failed on his watch. Has our country ever held a referendum? Because the rest of the 180 million in this shyt hole never matters to rest of the 1% ruling elite. Infact,to the fantastically corrupt elite we(180M) don't exist.

Now the decision to resign was his; and that's exemplary leadership. Not like the goons we have here who have multiple cases of "serious" fraud and extreme embezzlement hanging over them, yet they cling onto power.

And those clicking "like" for such a statement by this dude makes wanna cry for this country. Where is the "brain" in what he wrote? Is that we have lost it in this country or are we just reproducing more goons that will in future lead this country?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 24, 2016
blaise00700:

You called a Nation of over 180 million innocent people "Fantastically Corrupt" now Karma has caught up with you.

Buhari, you agreed that Nigeria is "Fantastically Corrupt", you will follow Comeron soon.
I know that few of us Nigerians fully grasp the concept of resigning political office. So I will indulge your rant.
Just know that it is usually the most honorable thing to do and there is no shame in it.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by maasoap(m): 10:36am On Jun 24, 2016
blaise00700:

Are we not fantastically corrupt, oga?

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by obinoral1179(m): 10:37am On Jun 24, 2016
dunkem21:
grin I am tempted to conduct a mock referendum on NL..

Click *Like to stay..

*Share to leave..

Edited: Abeg, it's NL o before una put person for trouble lipsrsealed
this gotten me laughing

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:43am On Jun 24, 2016
uzolexis:

Wales voted to leave. Scotland, Northern Ireland and bigger cities in England like London, Liverpool, manchester voted to remain.

MY bad; but that still leaves the unity of the UK potentially threatened and to some extent even the European Union itself.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Bengskuzee(m): 10:46am On Jun 24, 2016
Nicely described....
Kabir2Mohammad:

From all indications you are high on trumol tabs
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by sirmose: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2016
Typical black unintelligent nigerian always talking without thinking. From midnight when it fell to $1.29, its started recovering speedily, now at $1.40, approaching its previous $1.47. The referendum pushed it up to $1.50
You think its your worthless naira. I learned from your president is illiterate and dictator, killing farmers and political opponents with herdsmen and army.

wristbangle:
This decision will definitely have merits and demerits.

To me, seems the demerits may be more: Their currency has crashed to all low in 31years and there is tendency it will depreciate more after this decision. Also it may discourage foreign investors frm investing in the country. Football arm will no doubt be affected.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by shaybebaby(f): 10:47am On Jun 24, 2016
sylva1:

"I fought this campaign in the only way I know how, which is to say directly and passionately what I think and feel - head, heart and soul.

I held nothing back, I was absolutely clear about my belief that Britain is stronger, safer and better off inside the European Union and I made clear the referendum was about this and this alone - not the future of any single politician including myself.

But the British people have made a very clear decision to take a different path and as such I think the country requires fresh leadership to take it in this direction.

I will do everything I can as Prime Minister to steady the ship over the coming weeks and months but I do not think it would be right for me to try to be the captain that steers our country to its next destination.

This is not a decision I've taken lightly but I do believe it's in the national interest to have a period of stability and then the new leadership required".

This is part of UK Prime Minister, David Cameron's resignation speech after UK voted for Brexit. This is what I call principled leadership and respect for the will of the people. Quite unlike what we have here in Nigeria!
He was going to get the chop anyways, the axe just fell a bit sooner. People are disgruntled with his party, they campaigned on the we are all in it together" ticket but turns out they are not. Giving tax cuts to the rich by reducing the welfare bill thereby taking money from the poor to give to the rich.
A chancellor who is clueless and had to backtrack on a ill prepared budget and takes drugs.
There is the involvement in the Panama papers, the fact that zero hours contract are on the rise and became so since they took power. Nah, despite the shock of lexiters winning (I voted to remain), boy am I glad dodgy Dave is doing one. Good riddance.

2 Likes

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:50am On Jun 24, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
Wales voted OUT. I do not foresee scotland holding another referendum so soon.
And ultimately, Everyone should have a right to self determination...and the English people have spoken.

Noted; not questioning anyones right to self determination but simply pointing the consequences that lay ahead as a result of this decision, especially by such a narrow majority; just watch out for the backlash as these consequences unfold - particularly economic in consideration to Scotland.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Mcowubaba: 10:51am On Jun 24, 2016
davodyguy:

Do you have a nonfunctional brain?

He resigned based on principle. He's an ally with Germany and France who are leaders of top 5 countries in the world. How will he be relating with them?

I'm sure you're one of those children of hate that enjoys attacking buhari frivolously

But don't you think president BUHARI should RESIGN

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Kobicove(m): 10:57am On Jun 24, 2016
bensonlee770:
Such can never happen in Africa.

Africa still has a very long way to go to catch up with the west! sad

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by davodyguy: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2016
Mcowubaba:

But don't you think president BUHARI should RESIGN

Why should he do so?
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by efficiencie(m): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2016
Millerz:
Beautiful. Nobody wants pests and leeches all over the place.

Time to give Niger Delta our Referendum. We are tired of feeding Nigeria. We are tired of being in the same country with Hausa/Fulani parasites and rodents

The way we aggregate is tiring! You say We are tired! My question is who are the We? Are you referring to the millions of poor people who can't afford a phone to air their views like you or are you referring to the elite who lounge in billionaire's resorts? You say Hausa parasites and rodents. Are these the likes of the talakawa that don't even know the meaning of a government or referendum or are you referring to the caliphs and the northern elite who fled the Boko Haram crises to their UK and US homes leaving the poor to be butchered, raped, maimed, radicalized and brutalized?

You aggregate to your own error forgetting that behind every cause is a clandestine objective which ignoramuses fight to achieve with their lives!

I pray for a referrendum! If we must be together then it must be out of necessity, agreement and popular acceptance...I know of Igbos and Niger Deltans that laugh at these calls for self determination, because they know their people and the true reason behind the puerile whinning of delinquent children who just lost their pie!

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 24, 2016
LeSulk:

What changes in football is that it will be more difficult for English clubs to recruit young talents or players without enough international caps from EU countries.They'll now require work permits and prolly cost more .

Hmmm, that's interesting. No wonder Goal.com claims this morning that Pobgba may incur an additional €30 million euros. I like the win for Brexit though.

The world and the order of things is due for a reset.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by stchinedu: 11:09am On Jun 24, 2016
efficiencie:

The way we aggregate is tiring! You say We are tired! My question is who are the We? Are you referring to the millions of poor people who can't afford a phone to air their views like you or are you referring to the elite who lounge in billionaire's resorts? You say Hausa parasites and rodents. Are these the likes of the talakawa that don't even know the meaning of a government or referendum or are you referring to the caliphs and the northern elite who fled the Boko Haram crises to their UK and US homes leaving the poor to be butchered, raped, maimed, radicalized and brutalized?

You aggregate to your own error forgetting that behind every cause is a clandestine objective which ignoramuses fight to achieve with their lives!

I pray for a referrendum! If we must be together then it must be out of necessity, agreement and popular acceptance...I know of Igbos and Niger Deltans that laugh at these calls for self determination, because they know their people and the true reason behind the puerile whinning of delinquent children who just lost their pie!

WORD!!!
So efficient cool

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Norstrademus(m): 11:10am On Jun 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I felt like vomiting after seeing your moniker.
lmao...so grouse!!
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Ayotemide(f): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2016
blaise00700:

but why wee you say sucha a thing!! nitori olorun
did he lie?
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by platypus(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2016
Britain leaves EU - any possible implications on Nigerian economy?
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Mcowubaba: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2016
davodyguy:

Why should he do so?
BECAUSE HE HAS FAILED AND IS NOT PLANNING ON PASSING grin cheesy..... undecided undecided undecided
HE IS OLD, IGNORANT, CONFUSED,VISONLESS, BRUTAL, INSENSITIVE....

LET HIM GO AND REST, BEFORE HE COLLAPSES, DO YOU WANT THAT
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Charlesedet25(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2016
Hope dis BREXIT wont disturb ma wonderful champion league n oda European competitions wher lechester and chelsea wil compete in?
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by chemistry101: 11:15am On Jun 24, 2016
wengerjay:
I wish some of our politicians could resign from their positions following serious corrupt allegations against them.
Dat we never happen in nigeria...

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by gloryman91: 11:16am On Jun 24, 2016
wengerjay:

Likes of saraki & his deputy.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by uwajeh(m): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2016
Why do you guys keep doing this. The guy says he will resign in October for crying out loud!!

2 Likes

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Chuksemi(m): 11:20am On Jun 24, 2016
Snwokenk:

The Brits will survive. This doom and gloom was just a ploy to scare people into remaining with the EU.

Now Nigeria should have a referendum of sekf determination

Kudos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Secret Service Shares Rare Images How They Transport The President's Motorcade. / Hillary Clinton Calls Trump To Concede Election Defeat / La Palma: Lava From Cumbre Vieja Pours Into Atlantic Ocean ( Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.