Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,441 members, 7,954,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU (51450 Views)

Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! / David Cameron Carries His Luggage As He Moves Out Of State House (picture) / UK Votes To Leave The European Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by mickeymimi: 11:21am On Jun 24, 2016
That is true democracy and referendum in Britain .. respecting the will of the people and giving them a chance to choose which side they want be .

In Nigeria even if they give you true democracy .. they will end up rigging the referendum result .. I pray we get there sha! grin

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Catastrophe1: 11:21am On Jun 24, 2016
ohh how sweet, David was against Britian leaving the EU. he gently resigned because he knew he can't see him self continue with the job. this is why this people will always be ahead of us. very passionate of their country and ready to make certain sacrifices to make sure they nation moves forward.
that's why GEJ earned their respect.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by justmenoni: 11:32am On Jun 24, 2016
Must you be this BIas? why not add saraki,remi tinubu,ameachi,fashola,ashafa,gbajabiamila,kwankwanso infact most of our politicians should all resign and give space for fresh breeds.

prof1990:
lessons to pick up from this UK drama

1. The whites are more superior hence David Cameron put pride behind and did what he felt was best for the country not like our own country where our saraki's and Fayose's and David Mark will sit on the throne like it's their birth right.

2. The majority of the voters who asked to leave (50-70) have basically decided the future of their children for them. This is bad but we should blame it on we youths who live on social media instead of taking part in the decisions that affect our everyday life.

3. The Remain campaign lost because the youth who have all to lose in the referendum didn't come out to vote.

please ignore my typos if any and understand the point an trying to make. IT'S TIME FOR THE YOUTH TO MAKE DECISIONS FOR THEMSELVES AND NOT LET OLD AND UNSTABLE PEOPLE MAKE LIFE DECISIONS FOR US.

Thank you
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Bespiel: 11:34am On Jun 24, 2016
African leaders can't do this

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Richydos(m): 11:39am On Jun 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
"Gods own country". Oh pls don't insult God..
Nigeria is a satanic 3rd world hellhole.
Lolzzzz u are so pained dear.. But trust I do understand, just like I was suggesting to a friend dt if only these hawkers can just come together 1 day n join em heads together to hawk dis nation somewhere diff... Cox a friend once told me u won't forgive ur soul if u live in Nigeria n still find urself in d second hell "wherever dt may be"..... Nigeria is 1st hell
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Boyoski09: 11:39am On Jun 24, 2016
My president in Zimbabwe has been ruling b4 i was even born....i hope he does a Cameron soon

2 Likes

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by badonkadonk: 11:43am On Jun 24, 2016
wengerjay:
David Cameron has resigned as prime minister after Britain voted to leave the European Union.

The prime minister said Britain required "fresh leadership" to negotiate the country's exit from the EU.

"I do not think it would be right for me to be the captain that steers our country to its next destination," he said in a statement outside Downing Street.

He promised to "steady the ship" over the coming months before stepping down in October.

Mr Cameron was close to tears as he announced his decision.

The referendum, called by Mr Cameron, delivered a shock victory for the Leave campaign.

The Brexit vote immediately sent the pound tumbling and sparked calls for his resignation.

Mr Cameron said the result was the "will of the British people" which was an "instruction which must be delivered.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-06-24/david-cameron-to-resign-as-prime-minister-after-eu-referendum/

Just months after calling Nigeria fanttatistically corrupt.. These happens... Buhari must be smiling from ear to eat right now...

Mark my words.. He is probably already planning his next trip to Britain to meet Cameron's successor come October.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by spiralwedge(m): 11:43am On Jun 24, 2016
manuel80:
cool but what's the point in him resigning
its not like there's pressure from anywhere

He believes UK should remain. Now that the country has decided otherwise, as the captain, how would he be able to steer the ship in the direction he doesn't believe in?

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 24, 2016
He only make the announcement has not resign yet
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by badonkadonk: 11:44am On Jun 24, 2016
wengerjay:
David Cameron has resigned as prime minister after Britain voted to leave the European Union.

The prime minister said Britain required "fresh leadership" to negotiate the country's exit from the EU.

"I do not think it would be right for me to be the captain that steers our country to its next destination," he said in a statement outside Downing Street.

He promised to "steady the ship" over the coming months before stepping down in October.

The referendum, called by Mr Cameron, delivered a shock victory for the Leave campaign.

The Brexit vote immediately sent the pound tumbling and sparked calls for his resignation.

Mr Cameron said the result was the "will of the British people" which was an "instruction which must be delivered.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-06-24/david-cameron-to-resign-as-prime-minister-after-eu-referendum/

Just months after calling Nigeria fantatistically corrupt.. These happens... Buhari must be smiling from ear to ear right now...

Mark my words.. He is probably already planning his next trip to Britain to meet Cameron's successor come October.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by MrTour: 11:45am On Jun 24, 2016
He will still stay for 3 months.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by TheAlchemist: 11:47am On Jun 24, 2016
I believe Britain exit from the EU is only temporary, they will be back.... based on expected end time events!
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Netfad(m): 11:49am On Jun 24, 2016
ojoadeola:
Hmm! I pray the UK emerge from this a bigger and better economy.

Though staying in the EU would have been good, self determination sometimes, can be the way to go.

God bless David Cameron!

God bless the UK!

God bless Buhari!
God Bless Nigeria!

God bless You and Me!
Amen!!!
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by fireforfire: 11:49am On Jun 24, 2016
modath:

Great move, now they won't act as stumbling block any longer....

Freedom to choose. cool

Stumbling block how plz
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by TheSPEAKER(m): 11:53am On Jun 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Buhari should follow his foot steps.

Buhari is even worse than Cameron.

Kudos to David.

And shame to Muhammadu? Bros o, are you confused? cry
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Ranchhoddas: 11:56am On Jun 24, 2016
manuel80:
cool but what's the point in him resigning its not like there's pressure from anywhere
He wanted them to stay.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Ranchhoddas: 11:57am On Jun 24, 2016
sukkot:
mmkayyy
No conspiracy theories?
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Eminentsaint(m): 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
According to Aljazeera, he'll step down in October
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by theenigma: 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
wengerjay:

REFERENDUM.
Britain did it
Over Scotland. EU-membership
In each case
Britain
respected
The Voice
Of
The people
Nigeria
Need to do it
Over Biafra
Niger Delta
Sharia states/Boko Haram
Fulani herdsmen
And
Respect
The People's Voice
In each case
To
Free
This Nigeria
From Itself
And
The hanging
Cloud
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by zikray: 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
blaise00700:
No one insults God's own country and people (NIGERIA) and get away with it.

You called a Nation of over 180 million innocent people "Fantastically Corrupt" now Karma has caught up with you.

Buhari, you agreed that Nigeria is "Fantastically Corrupt", you will follow Comeron soon.

Uhmmm...i think i agree with you.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by manuel80(m): 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
spiralwedge:

He believes UK should remain. Now that the country has decided otherwise, as the captain, how would he be able to steer the ship in the direction he doesn't believe in?
He might as well stay to see where it leads.. after all he's got experience and he's been there for a long time. *Just saying*
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
A man resigns just because he lost a referendum. Meanwhile we have a senate president with serious corruption charges on him, spending more time in court than he does in the senate who is still sitting tight to his position.

You see the difference between white and black man?

1 Like

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by terrence12(m): 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
wristbangle:
This decision will definitely have merits and demerits.

To me, seems the demerits may be more: Their currency has crashed to all low in 31years and there is tendency it will depreciate more after this decision. Also it may discourage foreign investors frm investing in the country. Football arm will no doubt be affected.

Dude if u ain't shit to comment jst dey on soft....or better still read a bOok
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by terrence12(m): 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
wristbangle:
This decision will definitely have merits and demerits.

To me, seems the demerits may be more: Their currency has crashed to all low in 31years and there is tendency it will depreciate more after this decision. Also it may discourage foreign investors frm investing in the country. Football arm will no doubt be affected.

Dude if u ain't gat shit to comment jst dey on soft....or better still read a bOok
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by sukkot: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
No conspiracy theories?
Many but I rather let the chips fall in when they do. people always want dates cuz they are impatient and if what you say will happen does not happen on the date you oblige them with, they start fussing. but this is the dawn of the return of the elohims and the empires on top have to crumble first. you are witnessing the crumble. its a gradual process but then all of a sudden it will get very meteoric and the whole world will be in turmoil. armageddon and apocalypse
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Grandest(m): 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
"Gods own country". Oh pls don't insult God..
Nigeria is a satanic 3rd world hellhole.
Come on, that's caustic. Learn to be circumspect with your words.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by BodyKiss(m): 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
blaise00700:
No one insults God's own country and people (NIGERIA) and get away with it.

You called a Nation of over 180 million innocent people "Fantastically Corrupt" now Karma has caught up with you.

Buhari, you agreed that Nigeria is "Fantastically Corrupt", you will follow Comeron soon.

Typical arrogant cheast beating Nigerian. God's own country indeed. SMH

2 Likes

Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by dotcomnamename: 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
[size=15pt]He destroyed the UK and then he resigned!

What a coward![/size]
lipsrsealed
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by tibaonnet: 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
This is fantastically ok, teaching us how not to fantastically hold on to a position haven lost out to the will of the Majority.
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by modath(f): 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
fireforfire:

Stumbling block how plz

Of Nigeria's restructuring either as seperate regions or distinct republics.... cool
Re: David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU by Uzosaint(m): 12:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
hopsydboi:
Atiku come n see true statemansship oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Putin Tells West 'go To Hell' In The Wake Of Nuclear Weapons Transfer To Belarus / La Palma: Lava From Cumbre Vieja Pours Into Atlantic Ocean ( Pix, Video) / Hillary Clinton Calls Trump To Concede Election Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.