Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons (41625 Views)

Militants Attack FIRS Officials In Patience Jonathan' Hotel / Massive Spill As Militants Attack Forcados Export Line Again. / Militants Attack Eni Oil Pipeline In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by jessykings(f): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
Adewummy007:

www.punchng.com/breaking-militants-kill-eight-lagos-ogun-communities/
Didn't see anywhere in this news where it was written that NIGER DELTA MILITANTS are responsible for the attack. It simply stated 'MILITANTS' and the last time I checked MILITANT was still an English word. We are so quick to jumping into cconclusions! I wonder where Nigeria is heading to with this 'tribal hate' thing. It could be any group so stop pointing accusing fingers since their identities have not been confirmed. STOP THE HATE, its eating us up already!

2 Likes

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by PRYCE(m): 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
modath:

In your demagougery & hyprocrisy, Shebi you are Ijaw bah or you forgot there was a Yoruba name on the ballot.?

You are always chasing shadows, seems I should put you back where you belong! Ignore bin..

Shioor!!!
No dey spit for your body nah... cheesy

I've never said Nigeria's Secondary my dear! To me, Nigeria's primary!

Bin? Oya now toss me! I go dey quote you from the bin!!

...and na me dey belligerent. Issorite!
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by erico2k2(m): 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
seunmsg:
Those militants are looking for real trouble and they will soon get what they are looking for if they dont desist. They should keep their violent act to the south south and south east region, south west is not interested. We want a peaceful and stable country where there is shared prosperity not silly miscreants creating problem for losing a free and fair election.
So U believe true true say na militants come there
Ask yourself what will they want from that poor area?
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Davvymavvy(f): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
This is too cheap a bait to fall for now, militants for all we know don't embark on senseless killings, the message is clear enough, cause ethnic tension and disrupt the relative peace between ND and Yoruba's, Igbo and Yoruba are at each other's jugulars already, with that, the northern hegemony will further their agenda of balkanization, oppression and nepotism without any formidable resistance from any quarter.

Fulani herdsmen are known for this senseless killing, not militants, something is fishy!!

To think veterans like Modath, Seunmsg, PentiumPro, Movic1 etc fell for this is rather disturbing

2 Likes

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by PRYCE(m): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
dragunov:
I have been reading the unprovoked dusts you have been yarning about the Yoruba nation. Now what is your problem nigga? Just who the fvck do you think you are? You got problems? There are better ways to resolve personal issues liike you've got and the best of them is for your ass to commit suicide. You come here making dumb remarks about people who did not contribute to your problems! Dumbass ratass nigga forming wise guy on social media. Lying that he comes from the NE when in reality he emanates from the SE. Go tell your punkass brethren and other lowlife creeps you've been frolicking with to stop biting more than they can chew. And stop making crazy comments on nairaland
hahaha I can see you are angry! Oya burst! IPOO will not miss you!

2 Likes

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by leahcimzil: 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
it was actually a reprisal attack for a robbery incident gone wrong. Briefly, what happened was that; a group of armed robbers(believed to be from the ijaw side of the country/militants) robbed somewhere in the community and were caught on cctv (allegedly), therefore the police based on the alleged evidence from the cctv, went on an arresting spree, in the process killing two of this robbers and then refused to release their bodies. now the robbers believing that someone from this community snitched on them, went back to the community to open fire on innocent residents of the community. they stayed well over 2 hours shooting at random (regardless of your tribe...dem go even ask?) people.
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by leahcimzil: 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
PRYCE:
hahaha I can see you are angry! Oya burst! IPOO will not miss you!
but you are from the east and we know it

1 Like

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Igbonoid: 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
PRYCE:
You sef dey agitate for Oodua republic? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So what do we call the wastern western agitation? IPOO? Indegenous people of Oodua?

IPOO sounds like POO...

#ProundlyNorthern
A Ram Wil Always Behave Like A Ram, U Mr Is Nothing But A Northern Ram!
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by SlimShaddy10(m): 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=PRYCE post=46885946] I'm NOT encouraging violence bro... I'm from

Oboy u sound oooo! I don't think u grew up in the north. I like the way u reason.

I am not trying to stimulate violence oooo. just loved the way this northern dude spoke.

RIP anyway. Say no to violence.

One Nigeria if only our reasonings can grow

proudly SE

1 Like

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by elisra(m): 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
Contact17:
This is getting too much. Why is it only in Nigeria? Why would anyone attack the south west? At this point we should just brexit if that is what would allow for peace and growth!
when ffk was telling you guys(Bosnians)to brace up for what is coming up,u guys called him names.
You are now citing Brexit because levels have changed.
I see.

1 Like

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by francizy(m): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
PRYCE:
Lol! Pity me? There are many countries to port to darling wink

Dey there dey give proverbs, e don reach your doorsteps so please petition your Coward OPC to defend y'all... lol!

Nigeria's Secondary? So is the president you so love upholding abi supporting your first love? Yorubaland? Last I check he was Northern... so you left your first love (Yorubaland) to romance with you second love (Nigeria, North)... that makes a lot of sense my dear

OP gini? When modath and her co romancers of the north done carry because of GEJ throway (disband) their most feared fighters, how them wan come petition OPC now?

On OP, how are we sure those criminals aren't cultists or herdsmen, masquerading as militants just to put fear in people living within that area?

2 Likes

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by vislabraye(m): 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
989900:
This can't last simply because, in the SW, they can't find apologists or sympathizers to their cause, unlike other parts of the country who condone evil, 'cause of f00lish sentiments.

How you know say dem be ND ? U are just assuming. Mind you, ND are not spree killers.
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by W3irDo: 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
hmm
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Domislaz(m): 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Its like some people don't know the meaning of the word MILITANTS. Some even think that it means AKPABIO. I don tire for nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by elisra(m): 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
leahcimzil:

but you are from the east and we know it
the guy have spoken his language to prove to you he is not ibo but ur igbophobia is so much that its now resistant to all medical prescriptions

5 Likes

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
leahcimzil:
it was actually a reprisal attack for a robbery incident gone wrong. Briefly, what happened was that; a group of armed robbers(believed to be from the ijaw side of the country/militants) robbed somewhere in the community and were caught on cctv (allegedly), therefore the police based on the alleged evidence from the cctv, went on an arresting spree, in the process killing two of this robbers and then refused to release their bodies. now the robbers believing that someone from this community snitched on them, went back to the community to open fire on innocent residents of the community. they stayed well over 2 hours shooting at random (regardless of your tribe...dem go even ask?) people.

Really?Can you confirm this?
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by CCC2(m): 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=SlimShaddy10 post=46890277][/quote] Nigeria can never be free of violence for a long as injustice and lack of respect for the rule of law remains. Federalism is the only way out or another civil war looming.
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by modath(f): 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
francizy:

OP gini? When mo and her co romancers of the north done carry because of GEJ throway (disband) their most feared fighters, how them wan come petition OPC now?

On OP, how are we sure those criminals aren't cultists or herdsmen, masquerading as militants just to put fear in people living within that area?

Fran Haba nah, you never old enough for memory loss nah grin.. nor be pipeline contract/ voter inducement Jogogoro gave them derail them? Or you forget?
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by afeezzezo: 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
FemiFimile:
Hausa Fulani cleverly trying to start a war down south.

I bet my last penny, these are Fulani Militant herdmen from Libya.

We must be vigilant and careful not to be miss led into any proxy southern war

see you are wrong, they are ijaws
im staying at ajegunle

1 Like

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by bobostykah(m): 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
My Dad stays in Igbo Olomu and he called to confirm this story

1 Like

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Pilate2016(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
seunmsg:
Those militants are looking for real trouble and they will soon get what they are looking for if they dont desist. They should keep their violent act to the south south and south east region, south west is not interested. We want a peaceful and stable country where there is shared prosperity not silly miscreants creating problem for losing a free and fair election.
You better start planning how to secure your area, na NIGERIAN-LIBYANS. Who tell you na militants?
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Aristo3146(m): 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
wolfslair:

When the militant were doing their own thing what were yr people saying?
Kill them ,bomb them level them.
Well they heard you and this i hope is response to yr call.

long live k
I pray nobody should shout "tyrant" if baba come start him own...
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Princewell2012(m): 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
druboon404:
If this is true,then Niger Delta Millitant have confirmed themselves to be a Terrorist group.

Hmmm, how do you know they re the one?
Have they claimed responsible

I think they have better things to do than what you re thinking now.
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Aristo3146(m): 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
erico2k2:

So U believe true true say na militants come there
Ask yourself what will they want from that poor area?
When your goat is missing, Your neighbors soup aroma becomes suspected.
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Ritchiee: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
PRYCE:
I'm NOT encouraging violence bro... I'm from the North-East east so I've had my fair share of violence. I can't encourage what I know is wrong but what pisses me off is the hypocrisy of you westerners.

You guys are the first to insult northerners whenever there's a BH attack- calling us illiterates and that we should "finish ourselves there".... now see huz crying foul!

RIP to the dead oo but if I'm not enjoying the message this attack is sending make I bend for here!

Now I'll wait to see if those cowards will respond!
A tiger does not shout its tigritude.Yorubas do not just just go begin kill people like that especially when they are minorities like the Niger Deltans because we know our capabilities..glory to the MOST HIGH.What if some people are masquerading as these militants from the creeks?We have Ijaw and ND people around us and we can kill them in their hundreds but we are considerate warriors who would rather lose tens in a war when the others would be losing thousands and millions.When poo hits the wall now...I pity the innocents.To know Yoruba..go learn about their history and read about their wars.YORUBA...TESTED,TRUSTED AND GUARANTEED.PRAISES TO THE MOST POWERFUL ALMIGHTY GOD.

Military
There was a high degree of professionalism in the army of the Oyo Empire.[29] Its military success was due in large part to its cavalry as well as the leadership and courage of Oyo officers and warriors.[29] Because its main geographic focus was north of the forest, Oyo enjoyed easier farming and thus a steady growth in population.[29] This contributed to Oyo's ability to consistently field a large force. There was also an entrenched military culture in Oyo where victory was obligatory and defeat carried the duty of committing suicide.[25] This do-or-die policy no doubt contributed to the military aggressiveness of Oyo's generals...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyo_Empire#Military

https://www.nairaland.com/2283894/how-troops-stopped-biafran-soldiers

Fon warriors who were unbeaten severally defeated by the Yorubas..Egba.
By 1748, after the Dahomey Kingdom had been subdued by the Oyo Empire, King Gezo restored Dahomey independence by defeating the Mahi nation, an ally of Oyo. With military success in part attributed to the Amazons, Dahomey attacked the Egba city of Abeokuta in 1851, and again in 1864. Both battles ended in defeat for Dahomey, with many Amazon casualties.

http://www.blackpast.org/gah/amazons-ahosi-dahomey

A few Yoruba soldiers defeated battalions of biafrans...

https://www.nairaland.com/2283894/how-troops-stopped-biafran-soldiers

The decimation of the Fulanis..

His words: “Your Excellency, our visit here is to discuss with you and your government our displeasure about the incident of clashes between two peoples… the Fulani cattle rearers and merchants are today being harassed , attacked and killed like in Saki. In the month of May, 2000, 68 bodies of Fulani cattle rearers were recovered and buried under the supervision and protection from a team of Mobile Police from Oyo State Command. “ That some arrests were made by Oyo State Police Command in the massacre with their immediate release without court trial. This was said to have been ordered by Oyo State authorities and they were so released to their amazement. The release of the arrested suspects gave the clear impression that the authorities are backing and protecting them to continue the unjust and illegal killings of Fulani cattle rearers…”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/day-lam-adesina-clashed-with-buhari-marwa-others/

REMEMBER IT WAS THE SW THAT SAVED THE WHOLE SOUTH FROM BEING RUN DOWN BY THE FULANI LIKE THEY DID TO THE HAUSAS.
In short,If it were the ND militants doing these,then the reprisals might be lethal...

2 Likes

Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by fred04(m): 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
OYA CHEST BEATING ZOMBIES GO AND FIGHT.
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Princewell2012(m): 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
Musiwa419:
The ethnicity of these criminals is not in question. We know as a matter of fact that they are Ijaw Militants. Hitherto, there criminal activities which only involves Oil Bunkering and Pipeline Vandalism was restricted to the creeks and waterways of Arepo(Ogun) and Itowolo(Lagos). Now, they have opened new fronts in Ogijo, Isawo, Elepete, Majidun, Festac(Yes ! The same Festac in Lagos), Igbo-Olomu, Ibese, etc, etc, all in Lagos and Ogun state respectively, killing; raping; Pillaging; and looting in their wake. There are concerns that the Ijaw militants might open another front at Ese-Odo in Ondo state

These recent attacks have been going on for weeks now but local media has been underepeorting it. The Ijaw militant attacks on Yoruba riverine communities in Lagos and Ogun are real, alarming and frightening. It is very much more serious than what the media is reporting. The casualty figure is very high.

Rumour mill has it that these Ijaw militants have the tacit support of some elites from the Niger Delta. This place is not appropriate to mention names, but we know some of them.

Omo Yoruba, Ija nbo. Ewu nbe loko

modath pentiumpro omoajowa7 mayoroflagos bloodyblogger arresa ffkfuckedbianca sukkot lastpage hundredhundred jaybee3 jarus oyb progressive01 raumdeuter stunningceo stola supers1panther opcnairaland 9jacrip oduastates

This one you re calling all ur brothers, do you want to start up the fight here grin
Musiwa419:
The ethnicity of these criminals is not in question. We know as a matter of fact that they are Ijaw Militants. Hitherto, there criminal activities which only involves Oil Bunkering and Pipeline Vandalism was restricted to the creeks and waterways of Arepo(Ogun) and Itowolo(Lagos). Now, they have opened new fronts in Ogijo, Isawo, Elepete, Majidun, Festac(Yes ! The same Festac in Lagos), Igbo-Olomu, Ibese, etc, etc, all in Lagos and Ogun state respectively, killing; raping; Pillaging; and looting in their wake. There are concerns that the Ijaw militants might open another front at Ese-Odo in Ondo state

These recent attacks have been going on for weeks now but local media has been underepeorting it. The Ijaw militant attacks on Yoruba riverine communities in Lagos and Ogun are real, alarming and frightening. It is very much more serious than what the media is reporting. The casualty figure is very high.

Rumour mill has it that these Ijaw militants have the tacit support of some elites from the Niger Delta. This place is not appropriate to mention names, but we know some of them.

Omo Yoruba, Ija nbo. Ewu nbe loko

modath pentiumpro omoajowa7 mayoroflagos bloodyblogger arresa ffkfuckedbianca sukkot lastpage hundredhundred jaybee3 jarus oyb progressive01 raumdeuter stunningceo stola supers1panther opcnairaland 9jacrip oduastates

This one you re calling all ur brothers, do you want to start up the fight here
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Doyin2(m): 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
[Suspected militants Terrorists have killed eight residents of Igbo Olomu, Bolorunduro, Ajegunle, and Oke Muti, boundary communities of Lagos and Ogun states.

The killings, which were carried out on Thursday night, have caused residents of the communities to flee their homes.

“I have seen four corpses. The militantsTerrorists have declared a war on us,” a resident, Giwa said.]
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Bespiel: 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
This is serious
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by Canme4u(m): 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
Movic1:
South-West Sends Mercenaries To Other Parts Of
Nigeria To Fight – Akpabio.
South west is the only peaceful region in Nigeria -
Akpabio.
In his words “ In the South - South , people have
abandoned their homes because of activities of
Niger Delta Avengers. The North is in turmoil; the
South - East is boiling because of agitation . The
South -West is the only peaceful area , but they
still send mercenaries to other areas to fight.

Akpabio mercenaries on the run I fear that man o. Owi be ode shebe? Akpabio official sponsor of the NDA's.

He will regret the day he made that statement.
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by atoleybaba(m): 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
melzabull:
cheesycheesy
why are laffing Na ....it is not a laughing matter ooo.it is serious....check out the gruesome pictures of slayed landlords who planned to call army to protect them on their street
Re: Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons by NaijaEfcc: 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
modath:

Ever since that big headed Mofo declared SW as being "too peaceful" in the midst of chaos, there has been orchestration to draw SW into armed conflict...

Akpabio if you want to destabilize the government, to cover up you & your cronies briggandage & mindless looting, restrict your activities to the ND. sad

We prefer the Brexit way, Violence isn't our thing...

Cc

Ramdeuter, TheVoice, Karm16, Pentiumpro, iamdiabolic, omoajowa7, seunmsg, Gbawe, Musiwa419, hundredhunndred..... etc.
lol u dey summon your fellow zombies abi grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coup Money Channelled Through Nigeria - Turkish Newspaper / Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua / "Happy Hour" Starts In Akwa Ibom State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.