Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,249 members, 7,811,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale - Fashion (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale (224520 Views)

Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Semi-final / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Elimination Round 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by safareegurl: 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
Iceeydee:

So the process is illegitimate now?

By what standard? undecided
flawed more of it.

It's now a popularity contest. Anyone who is not active on romanceland can't win. It's sort of unfair.....but, that's life.

Back then, more people voted based on what they saw and read, not because they were asked to. These days, people lobby. Like a political appointment. It's a beauty contest, not an election. Everyone shouldn't even be allowed to decide a winner. The only power we should have is choosing the top 5 after which a selected few can decide who wins based on a laid down criteria

You see how the NL Debates are organized? That is a legitimate process

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by lanicky(f): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
cherryice:
Congrats lanicky.. u n ur team workd hard well enough

Thanks cherry. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Obinoscopy(m): 1:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
cherryice:
lol ok nice.. im fine. I missed u tho sad
Jackrich finally left me sad
You missed me? Really? Thanks, good to know smiley.

Who's Jackrich?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Iceeydee: 1:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
safareegurl:
I didn't see anyone when I voted and I voted her.

You may not see anything wrong in it doesn't mean it's not flawed. Many don't see anything wrong with Buhari either.

Anyway, the pageant doesn't go far so no wahala. Just some way to have fun smiley
I'm really trying to wrap my head around that flawed aspect.

A thread is opened for the contest and a girl, seeing this thread picks interest in it and decides that she wants to contest because she feels she is beautiful enough to get that crown.

She relays her intention to other well meaning friends and they come together to support her and ensure she wins.

As fate would have it, the girl wins as a result of her teams hard work and doggedness.

Please madam kindly tell me what is flawed about that. Or are you saying some set of people should not be allowed to contest?

Maybe a criteria should be made that only strictly pretty girls should contest. Is that your point?

Still trying to wrap my head around it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by cherryice(f): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
Obinoscopy:
You missed me? Really? Thanks, good to know smiley.

Who's Jackrich?
u didnt miss me? undecided

Jackrich is a very unfortunate fellow grin he ws deceivn me all along sad
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by JoeCutie(m): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
See what I'm saying...

The desperation and immaturity associated with this contest is so huge that it does not deserve any further recommendations. Can this whole NL pageantry be put to a stop? After this one? I've read and seen where aggrieved parties/individuals show their frustrations if and when they lose out on any elections, but never have I seen anything this degrading.

Is it by beauty?
Brains?
Popularity?
Tenacity?

Why would a group of people suggest that a person does not deserve to win, and some even went as far as calling her ugly? What's the basis for this contest, if that's the case? What's the most basic criterion for qualifying or deserving to be Miss NL, if I may ask?

I purposely disassociated myself from this contest and it's controversies, and after seeing all that's been going on, I'd do it again, again and again. I've known Lanicky for some time now, and she's not even someone that likes trouble. And the last time I checked, anything election is mostly based on popularity, every other criterion comes after. And she's popular...and pretty too.

Congratulations to the winner. To the losers, go and rest, it's over. Move on. That's what life would want you to do: move on. And stop being unnecessarily silly and dump. If you had won, I'm sure it'd have been okay, no?

But can we not have this contest again next year, or ever, please? You don't get to see these things on Facebook, Twitter, IG, etc, but on Nairaland. Why? Because we still see and take this forum as a 'Nigerian thing', and in Nigeria, they like pageantry so much. They almost cannot do without it. That's why everywhere you go in Nigeria, you see Miss this, Miss that. It's now a certified hustle. We can put a stop to this. At least, we can still control this one, can't we?

God bless us all

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by sonya4all(m): 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
Congratulations to our Queen lanicky...and to all other contestants congrats as well....you all are DOLPHINS.....
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Obinoscopy(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
cherryice:
u didnt miss me? undecided

Jackrich is a very unfortunate fellow grin he ws deceivn me all along sad
I didn't say I didn't miss you.

He was? Now where's my ban button? He's a nairalander right?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Iceeydee: 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
safareegurl:
flawed more of it.

It's now a popularity contest. Anyone who is not active on romanceland can't win. It's sort of unfair.....but, that's life.

Back then, more people voted based on what they saw and read, not because they were asked to. These days, people lobby. Like a political appointment. It's a beauty contest, not an election. Everyone shouldn't even be allowed to decide a winner. The only power we should have is choosing the top 5 after which a selected few can decide who wins based on a laid down criteria

You see how the NL Debates are organized? That is a legitimate process
It is an online contest and the only way a winner can emerge is by letting people vote.

If you want it to be as you described where the judges get to pick the winners there will be worse controversies.

These people organizing this contest are ordinary members of Nairaland like you so they have no upper hand in that. That is why it is preferred for the majority to pick their winner other than a cabinet with just five or six people making the final decision.

DemocRacy is still the best form of government till today because it is believed it's what the people want.

Will you accept it if just a group of people sit in one corner to select your president for you? I think not.

Everybody was given the right to decide and the result announced yesterday is the outcome of the majority's decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by safareegurl: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
Iceeydee:

I'm really trying to wrap my head around that flawed aspect.

A thread is opened for the contest and a girl, seeing this thread picks interest in it and decides that she wants to contest because she feels she is beautiful enough to get that crown.

She relays her intention to other well meaning friends and they come together to support her and ensure she wins.

As fate would have it, the girl wins as a result of her teams hard work and doggedness.

Please madam kindly tell me what is flawed about that. Or are you saying some set of people should not be allowed to contest?

Maybe a criteria should be made that only strictly pretty girls should contest. Is that your point?

Still trying to wrap my head around it.
I've already explained what a non-flawed process looks like.

Her friends can rally support for her. Nairalanders get to pick a top 5, after which a panel of judges pixka the winner and relays that to us.

How many times do you see people questioning NL Debates? You can't because a team of judges and experts choose winners.

If they can organise this Miss NL like that, people won't complain. Someone suggested this process in 2014, but the organizers failed to take note.

This process is more of a popularity contest. A girl gets her friends to lobby for her, whichever girl has more influential friends wins. Which pageant is organised like that in this world? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by onatisi(m): 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
How can anybody in his or her right senses say that this lady isn't naturally beautiful. Even though she may not be the most beautiful lady in the world but to be honest she is naturally beautiful. It seems hatred and jealousy of some people know no bounds, I think this kind of jealousy and hatred was exactly the one Cain had.
Whether we talk from now till 2019,insult the beautiful winner from now till next year,nothing and absolutely nothing can change the fact that lanicky has won the competition. I wonder why those who claim she isn't beautiful aren't bold enough to post their own picture for the whole world to see,I am sure many of lanicky critics and haters are terribly ashamed of their own pictures . Only insecure women hide behind the computer and claim to know who is beautiful but yet are afraid to post their own picture.
The beauty of this competition is not about winning only but all the contestants should know that to even have participated is an honor

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by cherryice(f): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
lanicky:

Thanks cherry. smiley
U wlcm.. cnt wait to see the pix of ur new makeover as ambassador wt the crotchet braids n virgin hair.. Hehe
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Emeka71(m): 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
Congratulations to all the contestants
A big kudos to Seun Osewa the owner of this big forum
All the campaign team that really took thier time to campaign for thier candidate also did well

I say a big congratulations to our beautiful babe Lanicky
And for all those who were ranting that the young lanicky doesn't deserve to carry the day even before the final contest didn't know they were actually working in her favour because if you look at her ;she is extremely beautiful and real and can have a better chance to win the contest with ease apart from being beautiful she is also kind .

Mimzy and her team deserve a round of applause because I noticed seriousness in thier campaign and I say keep it up; mimzy who is also good looking and has a good figure .

Ivyy ; you also did very well and had what is required for a beauty queen with natural beauty with little or no makeup and above all ; ivyy is seems to be more athletic than the others as well as a good bicyclist like myself so thumbs up to you for good beauty + fashion and smartness .

Refiner also did very well; is very she is actually beautiful good looking and can do well as a model the young babe put up a very nice display ; Refiner ; you look gorgeous .

To MissGdope you've got a good figure and actually deserve to come among the top ; maybe because you and your team didn't take the campaign serious .

Now to Mysticgal ;you have a fine face and a fine body stature ; but you have to work on your appearance and in case of next time when you're going for a beauty contest ; don't cut your hair because that means you are giving people a tomboy impression of yourself ; you can look good in a simple hairstyle because when you cut your hair is unladylike ; even if you plait with thread is much better than low-cut what you should do is a simple hairstyle like ivyy and lanicky did keep your hair natural but not with a low-cut and also mind your diet ; sleep properly and exercise regularly in order to improve your figure and general shape

well done to the other contestants ; Diasyluv got the grade also but maybe due to inadequate campaign

well done to Dygeasy all the participants from Emeka 7 (Forum Games champion 2011).

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by cherryice(f): 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
Obinoscopy:
I didn't say I didn't miss you.

He was? Now where's my ban button? He's a nairalander right?
and u neva said u did either undecided

yes hes a nlder, ban him pls grin
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
I am really ashamed at how low all of you have stooped to becuase of a simple contest. Even if your candidate lost..or won, Do you have to exhibit such disgraceful behaviour because you want to make a point? The aggresion and hatred here has been nauseating to watch. Some of you will become poilticians, or P.A's or advisers tomorrow. Pray, how will you handle defeat without being spiteful? How would you handle your victory without being vindictive? Some of you will probably resort to thuggery, slander or even assasination just to have your way. Swear, some dude called polyestar could have beheaded me yesterday because his Candidate lost.Its gone beyond this contest..I see people using this as an opportunity to settle old scores, and to hate, hate.. And hate on people further. Every gladiator is a potential winner, and Lanicker won. Her fans should be Humble in victory and represent this platform well. Mimzy,Ivvy,mysticgal,refiner fans should be gracious in defeat and let this pass.

Everyone should chill.

Congratulations to the Girls and the winner Lanicker.
Mimzy & Ivvy rock.

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ritababe(f): 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
why were u quoting me with emos?
undecided
SAINTSAMURAII:
why were u quoting me with emos?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by omonighoblessing(f): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
rummeh:

I can't create a thread
from your profile I see you have created threads before.why don't u mail the mods to know the reason y....or u can mention them including seun osewa.
they shld have the solution.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by safareegurl: 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
Iceeydee:

It is an online contest and the only way a winner can emerge is by letting people vote.

If you want it to be as you described where the judges get to pick the winners there will be worse controversies.

These people organizing this contest are ordinary members of Nairaland like you so they have no upper hand in that. That is why it is preferred for the majority to pick their winner other than a cabinet with just five or six people making the final decision.

DemocRacy is still the best form of government till today because it is believed it's what the people want.

Will you accept it if just a group of people sit in one corner to select your president for you? I think not.

Everybody was given the right to decide and the result announced yesterday is the outcome of the majority's decision.
BEAUTY CONTEST, not Presidential Election. She won't be making policies, she has no vested powers, she's not going to determine how much you get paid or whether you get banned or not. What impact has any winner ever had on NL?/They can't even approach Seun on your behalf, so why will they ask a bunch of sentimental folks to vote?

Even democratic processes are flawed.

There will be less questions if only 5-7 NEUTRAL people eventually pick a winner. Then, what will people accuse them of?

Get 5 members from different sections to constitute a panel of judges to choose the eventual winner. It will still end as majority carrying the vote, just a majority that isn't biased.

Is that too hard to comprehend?

You'll never see the point because most of those who vote here are biased. If you were looking at it from a neutral point, you would understand. I'm done here please.

Good day.

3 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Iceeydee: 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
safareegurl:
I've already explained what a non-flawed process looks like.

Her friends can rally support for her. Nairalanders get to pick a top 5, after which a panel of judges pixka the winner and relays that to us.

How many times do you see people questioning NL Debates? You can't because a team of judges and experts choose winners.

If they can organise this Miss NL like that, people won't complain. Someone suggested this process in 2014, but the organizers failed to take note.

This process is more of a popularity contest. A girl gets her friends to lobby for her, whichever girl has more influential friends wins. Which pageant is organised like that in this world? undecided
You keep tagging this contest a popularity contest. That's what the losers always say.

Even when I won the MR.Nairaland I. 2014 they said the same thing. I guess I'm ugly too,LOL!

You can't compare an online debate to an online pageantry. How can you compare them? All you need in a debate is to write an argumentative essay and drop it. There are already certain rules guiding it.

How is it possible for judges to assess contestants that they can't see physically? What if the "ugly" one still answers their questions intelligently?

There are so many things involved in a beauty pageant that is not even applied in this online one. And one thing I know for sure is that people would still fight and complain if their candidate doesn't win cos they will complain that the judges are biased.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by GIYAZZ(m): 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
safarigirl:
Abeg, why are pwople carrying this matter om thir head like okpa?

I thought it had been established 2 years ago that NL pageants are nothing but glorified popularity contests? So, why the outcry?

Anyway, i have a few suggestions to help decide better on who wins these things.

The first one being that the early stages shouldn't necessarily be about NL, but social media. If the NL pageant has an instagram handle, why don't organisers just post pictures of all the initial contestants? The top 7 with the most likes can then progress to the next round that will be judged by the votes of Nairlanders. Honestly, the recent winners of this ish makes you question the organization process.

Cc Seun, Dygeasy, Ishilove, Twaci

Meanwhile, when is Mr Nairaland starting? Na that one I dey try follow

Abi o? Abeg make the Mr.Nairaland start jare. Me sef wan contest

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
refiner:
[s][b]...hip!hip!!hip!!!.....hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy!..lanic ky made it,I'm just so happy...after all the tantrums and Ill words thrown at her,she stood strong and now her determination and humility paid off!...sweety come give me a hug joor!wink

this sweet girl sent an email to me on the semifinal night,congratulating me for making it to the finals...and that was then I knew she's gonna be our Queen!...I love you lanick y,i truly do!..you are the true definition of BEAUTY...humble,courageous and intelligent!

let me use this medium to thank those who stood by me,believed in me,encouraged me through this contest...if only you could see my heart and you'll see how my heart pounds gracefully for you guys...I love you guys to the moon and back...
when I was deserted by friends,u stood by me,
when I was looking for a shoulder to cry on,you guys willingly gave me urs
when I decided to quit,you guys gave me reasons not to,
when I was abused,insulted and e-slapped,u guys curdled me ..
when I made lots of silly mistakes,you guys loved me more!...I can go on and on..but the summary of it all is that you guys are my FAMILY.. I LOVE u all!
cc..

and lots more .......

not forgetting our sponsors and organizers that made all this a success.
with joy filled in my heart,I typed this!
....#sailanicky!cheesy
#trendlanicky!smiley
#teamlanicky!wink

all hail the beautiful queen...we love you lanicky!..smiley[/b][/s]

did you vote her even when she voted you? Smtcheeew! Iranu undecided

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Obinoscopy(m): 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
cherryice:
and u neva said u did either undecided

yes hes a nlder, ban him pls grin
What if I told you I did?

He's banned wink
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by cherryice(f): 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
Obinoscopy:
What if I told you I did?

He's banned wink
U still not tellin me grin

Lool pls dnt ban him o grin na jokes. How ws service?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
safarigirl:
Abeg, why are pwople carrying this matter om thir head like okpa?

I thought it had been established 2 years ago that NL pageants are nothing but glorified popularity contests? So, why the outcry?

Anyway, i have a few suggestions to help decide better on who wins these things.

The first one being that the early stages shouldn't necessarily be about NL, but social media. If the NL pageant has an instagram handle, why don't organisers just post pictures of all the initial contestants? The top 7 with the most likes can then progress to the next round that will be judged by the votes of Nairlanders. Honestly, the recent winners of this ish makes you question the organization process.

Cc Seun, Dygeasy, Ishilove, Twaci

Meanwhile, when is Mr Nairaland starting? Na that one I dey try follow

See as you made that beautiful picture ugly undecided
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anabel:
And it happened here too. People picked popularity over brain. Mimzy gave the best answer in my own opinion. Better luck next time Mimzy
sweet girl. I support Man utd.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Anabel(f): 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
sweet girl. I support Man utd.

Up Man Utd. Dey pray make Mou no sentence us
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
skarlett:

Ewooooooshockedshockedshocked

So if Refiner no vote for Lanicky , she no fit congratulate her. ......... SMH

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by telemapreye1(f): 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oahray:
aunty, kindly shut the hell up and stop sounding like a broken record.

It's pride that makes one think she's a better judge than others in subjective maters.
Tribalistic set of people
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by safareegurl: 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
Iceeydee:

You keep tagging this contest a popularity contest. That's what the losers always say.

Even when I won the MR.Nairaland I. 2014 they said the same thing. I guess I'm ugly too,LOL!

You can't compare an online debate to an online pageantry. How can you compare them? All you need in a debate is to write an argumentative essay and drop it. There are already certain rules guiding it.

How is it possible for judges to assess contestants that they can't see physically? What if the "ugly" one still answers their questions intelligently?

There are so many things involved in a beauty pageant that is not even applied in this online one. And one thing I know for sure is that people would still fight and complain if their candidate doesn't win cos they will complain that the judges are biased.
lol....how do the judges in beauty pageants pick winners? Do they know them? Is it not by a certain criteria?

-Looks
-Intelligence
- Ability to answer questions

For an online forum, you add things like

-How does said person relate with other NLers?
- What is your participation level? Are you a regular or you just pass by?

If I got to organize this thing, there would be little or no loopholes to question.

The organization of a pageant in the real world is no different from debates. The NL Debate judges don't see the contestants in person as well. What makes you think some wouldn't have won if they got to stand in the presence of the judges?

Just like the pageants, the Debate teams don't get to speak to the judges unlike in the real world. In reality, some of those who lost debates would have gained an edge based on oratory.

I maintain that the process used in NL Debates is fairer....NLers will get the same powers people get in pageants. Remember, it's viewers votes that get contestants in the Top 15 of a pageant after which the panel of judges take over.

NLers votes will get contestants in the Top 5 after which the judges will take over. All you'll have to do is 'LIKE' the picture of who you think deserves a top 5 spot and when the likes are tallied, those with the most likes will go through.

Is that not an easier process than this one where you call an NLJega who may or may not be tallying the right numbers? Who is just a human being PRONE to errors?

Seun, Dygeasy, Ishilove or whoever organizes these things. Is the idea of NLers LIKING pictures to determine a Top 5 after which a panel of 5 judges from 5 different Sections chooses a winner not more feasible, legitimate and LESS STRESSFUL than the ancient method currently on ground?

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Ewooooooshockedshockedshocked

So if Refiner no vote for Lanicky , she no fit congratulate her. ......... SMH

undecided
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by iykekelvins(m): 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
skarlett:

Haba grin
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anabel:

Up Man Utd. Dey pray make Mou no sentence us
lmao! Mourinho is the main reason I'm optimistic about this season.We'l be competitive again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (177) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Backside And Make It Firm Naturally / DIAMONDS// Invasion Modern Empire Hack Ios/android Apk MOD No Download / APK/ Mobile Strike Hack No Download Working Online Gold Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.