Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu (39634 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Receives Obasanjo In Abia As He Arrives For A Burial Ceremony / Jubilation In Aba As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / Uche Ogah Arraigned For Forgery And Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by obisite: 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
I think the kogi case is a different issue, elections haven't been concluded before the aspirant died........but be it as it may......justice Gabriel kolawole who gave the judgement you quoted above is still a federal high court judge (lower) and does not have the exclusive jurisdiction to declare a law made my the national assembly as null and void, because his judgement can be appealed at a higher court,

now coming to the ikpeazu issue.......pray tell me how it is possible for a public document, presented by a public authority, and also defended by the same public authority in the docks of a law court to be "false"?
even if there is a minor clerical or typographical error, it is still the duty of the public authority (Tax office here) to clarify issues with the court........it doesn't amount to tendering of false information because the person to whom it was issued (governor) did not prepare it by him self, he merely applied for his tax papers from the right authority like every other law abiding citizen.........so this case is really a no brainer that cannot withstand further judicial scrutiny......

Though one don't have access to the tax clearance document, but from the info on air, n social media base on the article published, i learnt the tax clearance isn't in accordance to salary source deductible tax as claimed, comparing it base on the receipt numbering too,, it was said that, the recipt number isn't serial with the stipulated actual year he ought to have paid his tax.. (tax evasion), it was also claimed that his tax arrears was paid at once, even the date shows it was on Saturday... So as to be qualify in antipation for the governorship election.., not sure if BIR interven in this issue... Cos their record for the year 2011 to 2014,Okezie resume govt appointment should have clear the whole saga if at all he's paying his tax upto date
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by nwadiuko1(m): 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
obisite:

Though one don't have access to the tax clearance document, but from the info on air, n social media base on the article published, i learnt the tax clearance isn't in accordance to salary source deductible tax as claimed, comparing it base on the receipt numbering too,, it was said that, the recipt number isn't serial with the stipulated actual year he ought to have paid his tax.. (tax evasion), it was also claimed that his tax arrears was paid in antipation for the governorship post..., not sure if BIR interven in this issue... Cos their record for the year 2011 to 2014,Okezie resume govt appointment should have clear the whole saga if at all he's paying his tax upto date
at least someone is understanding what this case is all about........any clerical error on the tax clearance certificate is the responsibility of the issuing authority.........meanwhile the Abia state board of internal revenue vouched for the document's authenticity during the course of this case..........so I think this case is DOA........but let's watch and see
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by obisite: 4:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
at least someone is understanding what this case is all about........any clerical error on the tax clearance certificate is the responsibility of the issuing authority.........meanwhile the Abia state board of internal revenue vouched for the document's authenticity during the course of this case..........so I think this case is DOA........but let's watch and see

To Me, I think the auditors, tax expert are quiet needed to scrutinize the whole papers..which they must have been doing. Cos for me,, it's more like tax evasion,, which has penalty,, I'm loving the whole thing, just that, Nigeria judiciary system is damn slow,,

I'm sure the document must be scrutinized, and mind you, manipulation can stil exist in BIR if truly okezie is indicted truly....,

If he appeal as he said.. There will stil be cross examinations of tax clearance, papers, receipts.. Even his salary pay slip if any,, BIR records as 2011 will be check till the day he resigned.. N his last deductible tax,, if it's actually from source...

But come to think of it, do you expect the ASBIR to vouch against it, having the same person on power... Just weighing both side.. If the said OKEZIE has tax evasion stuf,, and his master, godfather was on sit, he has the power to manipulate them in giving him what they want.. So as to get the election,,

Don't expect BIR to vouch against him,, just saying..
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by nwadiuko1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
obisite:

To Me, I think the auditors, tax expert are quiet needed to scrutinize the whole papers..which they must have been doing. Cos for me,, it's more like tax evasion,, which has penalty,, I'm loving the whole thing, just that, Nigeria judiciary system is damn slow,,

I'm sure the document must be scrutinized, and mind you, manipulation can stil exist in BIR if truly okezie is indicted truly....,

If he appeal as he said.. There will stil be cross examinations of tax clearance, papers, receipts.. Even his salary pay slip if any,, BIR records as 2011 will be check till the day he resigned.. N his last deductible tax,, if it's actually from source...

But come to think of it, do you expect the ASBIR to vouch against it, having the same person on power... Just weighing both side.. If the said OKEZIE has tax evasion stuf,, and his master, godfather was on sit, he has the power to manipulate them in giving him what they want.. So as to get the election,,

Don't expect BIR to vouch against him,, just saying..
if UNIPORT talk say na Dem get certificate wey u dey front, can UNIABUJA say otherwise?
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by obisite: 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
if UNIPORT talk say na Dem get certificate wey u dey front, can UNIABUJA say otherwise?

The instance you making don't look alike....

No other state BIR is saying otherwise..

Make another scenario, we would reason it
Thanks
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by nwadiuko1(m): 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
obisite:

The instance you making don't look alike....

Thanks
my brother I know what am telling you...... most of the people you see shouting here do not know the difference between tax avoidance, tax evasion, tax incidence, taxable income etc.........ikpeazu like every other civil servant has no say as to the amount collected from his salary or when it is collected, it is the duty of his employers and the BIR to manage his tax......they are obligated to give him his tax clearance certificate if and when he applies for it...... so any alleged mistake or error is their responsibility to explain
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by obisite: 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
my brother I know what am telling you...... most of the people you see shouting here do not know the difference between tax avoidance, tax evasion, tax incidence, taxable income etc.........ikpeazu like every other civil servant has no say as to the amount collected from his salary or when it is collected, it is the duty of his employers and the BIR to manage his tax......they are obligated to give him his tax clearance certificate if and when he applies for it...... so any alleged mistake or error is their responsibility to explain

Now you've have just put up what I was refering to,, if there is no manipulation somewhere... BIR should have been of help to ease the case by supplying necessary clear documents showcasing OKEZIE tax payment is upto date.. As at when he retire... I don't think it should be an issue,, what do you have to say as regards the payment that was made on the date that clearly states to be Saturday.... Something is wrong somewhere.. Thats just my view...

For the young man,, Uche ogah to keep quiet n not dispute the primaries that he also claim is not free n fair, discrepancies that occur during the primaries, even after the primary, i saw on his wall, campaigning that his fans should also vote for PDP, that the sit would still turn around...,

Gat try best n follow up the whole scenario,, abi na case them dey call am sef... grin
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by nwadiuko1(m): 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
obisite:

Now you've have just put up what I was refering to,, if there is no manipulation somewhere... BIR should have been of help to ease the case by supplying necessary clear documents showcasing OKEZIE tax payment is upto date.. As at when he retire... I don't think it should be an issue,, what do you have to say as regards the payment that was made on the date that clearly states to be Saturday.... Something is wrong somewhere.. Thats just my view...

For the young man,, Uche ogah to keep quiet n not dispute the primaries that he also claim is not free n fair, discrepancies that occur during the primaries, even after the primary, i saw on his wall, campaigning that his fans should also vote for PDP, that the sit would still turn around...,

Gat try best n follow up the whole scenario,, abi na case them dey call am sef... grin
what I want want you to understand is that okezie does not "make payments" as regards tax, rather his employers "make payment" from his salary to the tax authorities even without his consent, so the question of tax evasion doesn't even arise........nigga doesn't even have option for tax avoidance
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by obisite: 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
nwadiuko1:
what I want want you to understand is that okezie does not "make payments" as regards tax, rather his employers "make payment" from his salary to the tax authorities even without his consent, so the question of tax evasion doesn't even arise........nigga doesn't even have option for tax avoidance

The tax made by his employer is equally his tax payment.... Hence it's from his salary.. "He applied for tax clearance n recipt was issued for the period in question,," he Said... The receipt that was issued is said to be having a date of which is Saturday.... BIR has more to say... Cos the whole stuf is kinda shoeing fowl play from their end, whoever signed the receipt sef should have question to answer...

Inshort enh,, this country is getting messed up day by day... Different drama, sleep n wake up, one would hear one drama or another... God bless this Nation.. Nigeria.. When the good shall come. May you n I be alive to witness it... Amen
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by lordkhalifa(m): 6:45am On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=DrinkWater10 post=47009405]
Since you are on the ground, whats your take on the delay of the renovation of Enyimba Stadium.[quote]. Renovating Enyimba stadium what benefit is it going to bring to the suffering masses at this critical hour
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by DrinkWater10: 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=lordkhalifa post=47027793][/quote] You will not understand
Re: Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu by Godson32(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
I luv Okezie Ikpeazu,he is doing at lot good thing in Abia state but I want TA Orji to be punish for all the evil he did. So........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Adeleke Commissions OJAJA MORE In Osun(photos) / Stella Oduah Reacts To Her Victory In Supreme Court Today / Crippled Man On A Wheelchair Protesting Against Buhari Led Government (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.