Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. (57642 Views)

Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them / Who Else Has Experienced This? why do some ladies act this way? / Some Ladies And Their "Come And Take Me Out Syndrome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by dauntless15(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
Joelchris:

More than 60% of ladies out there don't listen to advice, I have to quarrel with my sister or threaten her before she cooperate with me. Most ladies picks offense in advice.

How many ladies have you correct successfully using this your gentle man theory. It's even difficult trying to correct your wife talk less of strangers who will look you like a bigger,

The way you look determine how I will treat you, If you deserve respect, you will get it. Respect is earn
ive approach many girls in a gentlemanly manner and 80% of them listened to me, i dont approach you with judgement i approach you with subtlety and respect if you see an immature person with no manner of aproach you'll know the moment that person talks to you except your aren't intelligent and can't read people, the way i approach you might give you the impression that a guy is coming to woo you or tell you something intresting i wouldn't go into the advice straight i might chat with you a bit before diverting into the main purpose but i wont sound like am condemning you I'll sound like someone with your best interest at heart.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Funkybabee(f): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
@op I can't blame u, but know something that girls disgrace image of a real woman. our problems in this generation is our celebrities or yeyebrities they called themselves. they are the one that brings trash outside so that people can comments on their likes,it will be nice if will woman start condemn them if they wear trash and tell them to stop destroying our image. if we can join together and do that, they also we know they are worthless in front of us if they dress in immature way. that is why I love Nigeria because they are good in criticizing bad habit or dress.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by nonjebose(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
Ghost01:
Oh! And when Iyanya and Flavour expose themselves from waist up, you don't see that as indecent dressing, do you? Should n't women too disrespect men because of that?
of course it is indecent to many ladies. There was a thread on nl where the response of some ladies to a shirtless Iyanya was negative. Indecent dressing though relative, surely exist, and it elicits different reactions

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Owliver(m): 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
Funkybabee:
@op I can't blame u, but know something that girls disgrace image of a real woman. our problems in this generation is our celebrities or yeyebrities they called themselves. they are the one that brings trash outside so that people can comments on their likes,it will be nice if will woman start condemn them if they wear trash and tell them to stop destroying our image. if we can join together and do that, they also we know they are worthless in front of us if they dress in immature way. that is why I love Nigeria because they are good in criticizing bad habit or dress.
my babe don show. hmm your comment sha

hehe

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Kakamorufu(m): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
Breadmaker:
Ever since the creation of the world, men have always seen and treated women As something to be used for sexual satisfaction.

Though there were, still is a few men who know the true value of women but they were and have been in minority since time immemorial.

Now, there was a time some learned women looked into this and realised that the way men treat Women is very wrong so they organized themselves and challenged men.

They fought hard to see that every woman gets the respects she deserves, that every woman should be treated as a human being first before gender.

fortunately their mission was successful but today's women actually want that old treatment.

It is clear from all indication that they wish to be treated like sex Objects. At least, that is what everything about them says.

Just take a look at these pictures.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-A_xq5281fE0/U7CeuDGFbqI/AAAAAAAA9Ik/_QiF-oRTJks/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

What do you see?

The problem with these people isn't that they exposed their body[at least they wore it to an event which we all know is a place for indecent exposure] but that they are people's role models.

The reason I stopped watching Nigeria music videos is because what they show there is unclad senseless dancers who do not know that they can influence how people view women.

Who do not know that they portray how women are viewed, how they view themselves, and turning women into sex objects.

The New Women in the media are responsible for the degrading of women in our society because when their fans see them and copy from them, they present themselves as something to be used.

The funniest thing is that these women on media are the ones who always scream that women should be respected.

For what? Having breast?

They are the same people who not refer to women's beauty as intelligence, how good of a mother or a wife they are but how big their breasts and butt is.

Any attempt to correct them will get you responses like "Only God can judge me, you can’t”, “Leave them alone”,
“Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion”;
“Mind your business”.

I will mind my business truly but I cannot respect you.

Good dressing is good business. It will elicit respect from your fellow female folks and male folks.

Now Look at this picture.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-nTYb52_m6m4/V3EDLFlO_JI/AAAAAAAJs_c/vJZUzXje6TkhscCwcImU214Dpb3q5rxswCLcB/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

Who among them deserves respect?
they are very sorry
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by transient123(m): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:
Disrespect and downgrade those who give u reasons to do so and respect every other woman who stays decent. Stop with your generalization already!

And which group do you belong? The respected or disrespected?

Maybe your Dp could give a judgement.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Owliver(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
like power, absolute freedom corrupts absolutely.

even in churches these days you see them dressing anyhow they like and speak in tongues.

last Sunday my d?ck just dey shake cos of booties wey I dey see everywhere.

if you talk they will say control your eyes. how? pluck it out Abi? oloshi

Christianity is a joke.
I dislike Islam but am beginning to see sense in hijab.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
The person that loves you is going to respect you and cherish you for the man or woman that you are

That said it doesn't mean you should not carry yourself in a respectable fashion. Let's be truthful it's the way the World is I guess for them the only way to get noticed is to be controversial

It works but for how long? Till another person does something equally as daring

Let your work reflect your true self and not only will you be recognized you will be celebrated endlessly

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by nortcentrallord(m): 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
They are what they are...hoes and Bitches @least that's what their dressing expresses them as.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by nortcentrallord(m): 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
Owliver:

even in churches these days you see them dressing anyhow they like and speak in tongues.

Christianity is a joke.

The fault should fall on your pastor for allowing indecent dressing in your church. Its got nothing to do with Christianity. Not even God will come down to educate anyone on that. When some Orthodox churches kick against such, our new generation people refer to them as being Judgemental and old"
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by nortcentrallord(m): 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
Owliver:

Christianity is a joke.

The fault should fall on your pastor for allowing indecent dressing in your church. Its got nothing to do with Christianity. Not even God will come down to educate anyone on that. When some Orthodox churches kick against such, our new generation people refer to them as being "Judgmental and old" this is just a "wicked generation"
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by nkemjacob2(m): 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
We call dis kind of shot advertising strategy. Who are their target audience "MEN" chop clean mouth.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Owliver(m): 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
nortcentrallord:

The fault should fall on your pastor for allowing indecent dressing in your church. Its got nothing to do with Christianity. Not even God will come down to educate anyone on that. When some Orthodox churches kick against such, our new generation people refer to them as being Judgemental and old"
I identify with Catholic, I was born free of cos but grew up a Catholic. yes in Catholic churches they now wear sexy cloths. I saw one last Sunday in coka parish with a short gown oh damn. I was like oh damn it. her booty was tweaking. who wouldn't notice that booty. even married men had a glimpse.

can't she see mother Mary dress properly? even the mothers encourage them.

I guess she was feeling fly. well, who are we to judge
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by waper(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
Humm, blue tooth sucking
Breadmaker:
Ever since the creation of the world, men have always seen and treated women As something to be used for sexual satisfaction.

Though there were, still is a few men who know the true value of women but they were and have been in minority since time immemorial.

Now, there was a time some learned women looked into this and realised that the way men treat Women is very wrong so they organized themselves and challenged men.

They fought hard to see that every woman gets the respects she deserves, that every woman should be treated as a human being first before gender.

fortunately their mission was successful but today's women actually want that old treatment.

It is clear from all indication that they wish to be treated like sex Objects. At least, that is what everything about them says.

Just take a look at these pictures.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-A_xq5281fE0/U7CeuDGFbqI/AAAAAAAA9Ik/_QiF-oRTJks/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

What do you see?

The problem with these people isn't that they exposed their body[at least they wore it to an event which we all know is a place for indecent exposure] but that they are people's role models.

The reason I stopped watching Nigeria music videos is because what they show there is unclad senseless dancers who do not know that they can influence how people view women.

Who do not know that they portray how women are viewed, how they view themselves, and turning women into sex objects.

The New Women in the media are responsible for the degrading of women in our society because when their fans see them and copy from them, they present themselves as something to be used.

The funniest thing is that these women on media are the ones who always scream that women should be respected.

For what? Having breast?

They are the same people who not refer to women's beauty as intelligence, how good of a mother or a wife they are but how big their breasts and butt is.

Any attempt to correct them will get you responses like "Only God can judge me, you can’t”, “Leave them alone”,
“Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion”;
“Mind your business”.

I will mind my business truly but I cannot respect you.

Good dressing is good business. It will elicit respect from your fellow female folks and male folks.

Now Look at this picture.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-nTYb52_m6m4/V3EDLFlO_JI/AAAAAAAJs_c/vJZUzXje6TkhscCwcImU214Dpb3q5rxswCLcB/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

Who among them deserves respect?
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
It is really disheartening reading some comments here. Some folks are trying hard to justify their manner of dressing. As sentient beings, we all know what is right or wrong. There is a clear dichotomy between good and evil, between modesty and indecency. Granted some acts are open to many interpretations depending on the society and circumstances; but indecent dressing is not one of them.

Immodest style of dressing is bad and evil, and IMO; any attempt to make it right is but an exercise in futility. Such efforts would always be at a dissonance with the ideals of a sane mind. The proponents of this undesirable habit have been greatly westernized and are ready to imbibe any trait once it is coming from the West.

The indecent lady says to herself: " I can wear whatever I like; my manner of dressing has no effect on the people I come in contact with and the society." Hasn't such a person turned a blind eye to the concept of herd instinct in Psychology? From the concept, it is clear that humans influence each other when they interact; that the action of an individual can -- to an extent -- cause some reactions in another person with whom he/she is in contact.

If, according to another well-known concept in Psychology, telepathy, humans can influence each other even when not in close proximity; then any rational mind should question the notion that what one does has no effect on people that one comes in contact with. The way you dress has a considerable effect on how you will be treated. Dress decently to be treated decently and respectfully.

As humans, we are free do anything we like. We should just be mindful of the effect our action has on others in the society, since no one can live in isolation.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by lilmax(m): 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
evegran:
Op continue disrespecting them okay?

One day, they will show you pepper!

I bet you disrespect em in your mind, I doubt you actually voice any feelings towards em in person- because you sound like a coward. 0_o.

It is their body, they're not your daughters. Smh!
one of them grin

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
There are even some churches in nigeria where dia female members dress up as in dat last pic.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
Owliver:
and the food lions eat how did they get it? killing looooolz.

a hawk comes down steals a chicken. go feed her children which she dearly loves looooolz.

a lioness goes hunting kills a baby deer to feed her children she dearly loves looooolz.

we humans kill animals, slaughter them, you could even see the fighting, struggling. we put their flesh in pots and fry. feed on them. you think they got no feelings?

your point about society is because of where you come from. the ideology is different. have you ever imagined living under Sharia law? sorry that's the ideology that will spit on your rights without no remorse.

like I said, there is no justification for rape but knowing what I tell you will make you safer. we are all citizens of planet earth but hey take a trip to Saudi Arabia. you'd be forcefully wrapped in black.

and if I am right, the west don't allow polygamy. why?

hey is marijuana allowed in your place? why not. if it's harmful, it's me Dieing not my neighbour.

there is no freedom in "Society"

Ok well I'm vegetarian... so let's not discuss that.

I know society doesn't function optimally. But we have evolved to the point where people are trying. The more people that fight for human rights the further forward we move.

I don't approve of the "every person for themselves" attitude, but that's just me. Showing sympathy and empathy towards others is powerful and can change our society for the better. Or we can just go back to the dark ages, which wouldn't be that pleasant for anyone.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bayonino: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
@OP you have no argument to make with any useless ladies here, you have made a very good point here, just hope that they change. Let me categorically tell you, a large percentage of ladies either celebrity or not want to dress in a thrashy way,alot of ladies have prostitution genes in their body, na only God go save us from all these Jezebels nowadays.

I give no respect to all these ladies again, it hard to differentiate them from bitches.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by srrrr(m): 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
herbie27:
Does your mother or sister dress so indecently?, if "No" then stop generalising things.
Guy, u need some rest do. Go and sleep, then come back again.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Owliver(m): 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
foolinlove:

Ok well I'm vegetarian... so let's not discuss that.

I know society doesn't function optimally. But we have evolved to the point where people are trying. The more people that fight for human rights the further forward we move.

I don't approve of the "every person for themselves" attitude, but that's just me. Showing sympathy and empathy towards others is powerful and can change our society for the better. Or we can just go back to the dark ages, which wouldn't be that pleasant for anyone.
hmm I am happy you are coming to terms with me. and good thing you are a vegetarian.

but It will never be achieved. there will always be those to exploit others. and that's the duties if the government. and with the wide spread of Islamic ideology I fear for that Disney freedom world of yours.

but even if it's achievable, there would still be some who would act otherwise, not also minding the negative effect of such ideology.

I call it clash of knowledge. there must be fightings and conflicts any day, any time, any year, any century. forever and ever. just fall in love and try to stay safe.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by lilmax(m): 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
fellis:
What a very senseless topic.

I guess it is also ok for women to disrespect and degrade most men because men are the ones that commit crimes the most among the two genders.

Nonsense.
so you are the “senseful“ one? grin

I love women like this one,you can actually have sex with their daughters even without dating them grin you know why? They believe its a free world cheesy

Fine woman keep it up cool
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Olabestonic001(m): 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
Breadmaker:
Don't you think you contradict yourself a bit bro?

Earlier, you said that should be corrected in the appropriate manner now you're saying that they should be left to their choices.

Let me state that my post not in anyway denying people their freedom of whatever they they wish but they should equally accept the consequences of the choice they made.

Are you away that every wrong choice we make affects the society? Too much freedom of choice is crippling us, trust me because choice can also foster selfishness and a lack of empathy because it can focus people on their own preferences and on themselves at the expense of what is good for society as a whole.

These people that I am talking about in my main post do not ask themselves who am I in this attire, how do I present women and how will all the people that see me respond?.

If they feel ok after giving themselves honest answers to this questions then should gladly accept the few consequences that comes with indecent exposure, which are disrespect and degrading.

Good morning sir

Tell them more bro.
I see that people will leave their neighbor to burn his/her house down in the name of choices not minding the fact that a foolish choice by someone will affect more than person. While I hate controlling people with a passion, I daresay that too much liberalization have a dire consequences also on the society. We must balance it to survive the horde of onslaught about to bring down our world while the liberals campaigned total foolishness in the name of "its-their-lives".
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
Owliver:
hmm I am happy you are coming to terms with me. and good thing you are a vegetarian.

but It will never be achieved. there will always be those to exploit others. and that's the duties if the government. and with the wide spread of Islamic ideology I fear for that Disney freedom world of yours.

but even if it's achievable, there would still be some who would act otherwise, not also minding the negative effect of such ideology.

I call it clash of knowledge. there must be fightings and conflicts any day, any time, any year, any century. forever and ever. just fall in love and try to stay safe.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by jotax(m): 1:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:

I'm not pained. Just tired of ur desire to generalize this issue. Some guys just don't understand that all women cannot be labelled same.
He didn't generalize it nah, he said some!
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Tamakay(m): 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
It's a pity embarassed

I apologize on our behalf cry

One decent one spotted here. At least I'm happy that they are all not the same. U r welcome dear
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by HaneefahRN(f): 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nice write up OP. A case scenario is the mother of one that disgraced herself some days ago, if she had worn an elegant, well covering dress, her breasts will not be the talk of the World. Like it or not, the way you are dressed is the way you will be addressed. I can't see a guy in crazy all torn up jean, sagging his life out and even identify with him, I will automatically see an un serious person.

You can't wear pant and bra out or a fish net or dress barely covering anything yet expect people to see you as a decent, respectable woman. You will see some people and wonder if they have parents at home. Let's not even talk about our yeyebrities who some porous brained teens and even adults take as role models.

Well, like they always say, it's their life and body and they have freedom to wear whatever. It's the heart that matters, I feel more comfortable with my boobs exposed and my gown short enough to expose my VJ if I bend, don't judge me, I might be better than the lady dressed modestly.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Izonpikin: 1:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:

Ur topic should have been as specific as ur focus then..
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies.

He said some not all...
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Owliver(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
HaneefahRN:
Nice write up OP. A case scenario is the mother of one that disgraced herself some days ago, if she had worn an elegant, well covering dress, her breasts will not be the talk of the World. Like it or not, the way you are dressed is the way you will be addressed. I can't see a guy in crazy all torn up jean, sagging his life out and even identify with him, I will automatically see an un serious person.

You can't wear pant and bra out or a fish net or dress barely covering anything yet expect people to see you as a decent, respectable woman. You will see some people and wonder if they have parents at home. Let's not even talk about our yeyebrities who some porous brained teens and even adults take as role models.

Well, like they always say, it's their life and body and they have freedom to wear whatever. It's the heart that matters, I feel more comfortable with my boobs exposed and my gown short enough to expose my VJ if I bend, don't judge me, I might be better than the lady dressed modestly.
hey ISIS lady I know where you coming from. I can agree with you today but another day am against you in advance.

got my eyes on you mehn
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
Izonpikin:
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies.

He said some not all...

He modified it and added "Some".
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
jotax:

He didn't generalize it nah, he said some!

He edited it.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Izonpikin: 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:

He modified it and added "Some".
grin grin

Oya forgive am... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Judge Me, My Conscience Is Troubled / "Sub Delivery Man Asked For Sex As I Visited Him I Refused, He Treated Me Badly" / Nigerian Woman Marries Her Only Boyfriend Years After She Asked God For It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.