Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel (32395 Views)

Petrol Bombs Recovered From Nnamdi Kanu’s House In Umuahia By Soldiers - Police / List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram / Shooting In Maiduguri Government House As Soldiers & Police Clash Over Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
elisra:
thats very interesting to that we are very many filling every nook and crany of Nigeria which i can authoritatively say that we are the largest group in nigeria

Lol. no you are not.

your people are only generic to the Eastern part of Nigeria while the other two major ethnic groups are found as natives of other countries like Niger and Benin Republic.

sorry to burst your bubble. one of the reasons you migrate a lot is because the landmass of all the eastern states isn't even you to the landmass of oyo state in the SW.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Stephenben(m): 4:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
This all started from my area in Igbo Olomu Isawo Ikorodu Lagos.. When the Govt sent deir troops 2 my area, dy all ran away and went 2 ogun state.. Ambode came 2 my area several tyms bcox of dis issue.. Dy rily killed dozens in my area b4 d govt intervened.. Soldiers were troopin in2 my area 4rm ikorodu garage army barracks nd d newly established Isawo army barracks near my church.. Diz guys ar real Ijaw pple.. I av seen dem nd heard dem talk.. So i'm vry sure dy ar nt yoruba.. Neither ar dy igbo nor hausa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by akin003(m): 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
It's quite unfortunate the kind of hate filled sentiments I have seen at play here just by going through the comments. A total disregard for human lives, no sympathy no empathy but just rantings because of a tribe.
We are all first of Nigerians! When you step out of the shores of this country, nobody knows us as either Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibibio or any other tribe. Your country of origin is what interests them not tribe...

You all swear at each other, tear each other down with words not properly thought of and just taunt mock eachother.
For how long would we keep at this senile attitude. You all have forgotten that no one here, I repeat again, no one here could choose where/ which tribe he or she was gonna be born into. So you Chike, could have been Ade, Musa could have been Edet, Halima could have been Adaeze...
I don't even know who to blame, whether our parents or we the youths ourselves.
Rest assured, I hope to make my country a more tolerant place for my children, a world without this amount of hatred among neighbours. So help me God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by elisra(m): 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ioannes:

Lol. no you are not.

your people are only generic to the Eastern part of Nigeria while the other two major ethnic groups are found as natives of other countries like Niger and Benin Republic.

sorry to burst your bubble. one of the reasons you migrate a lot is because the landmass of all the eastern states isn't even you to the landmass of oyo state in the SW.
you are very predictable,chai i knew you wont disappoint me thats why i made that claim and you made a u-turn immediately.
Anyway keep shifting the goal post to suit ur argument.
As for why we travel,its because of our love for adventure and new challenges and not because of no land because during xmas we all come home and celebrate in this Sunland you claim can't contain us.
Remember the rays(people) of the Sun spread far and wide throughout the world and nothing can hide from its heat.this is why igbos follow the rays of the Sun to the ends of the earth.
If you are not igbo better go and friend one Ada,Chioma,Chika,Onyinye etc so that ur children can become people of the Sun and dance the music of the Rising Sun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
TBT.... Turn by turn.

The mercenaries you sent out has come home to roost.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by obaino860: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
alade112:

Daz what you guys are known for. Celebrating any bad thing that happen to SW. If hausas dy suyalize una nw and fulanis dey attack una for SE person go dey pity your flat 7 shaped head

I think flat heads is far better than this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by SWIPERdaVIPER: 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ioannes:

no. I'm insinuating that more igbos will be killed that's all.
Your logic make no sense man
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by obaino860: 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
alade112:
Look at aw flatimeros are celebrating God thank you for making me yoruba. If i be Igbo i for don kill myself Olorun modupe si ibiti oda mi si..

don't worry,,,d militant will show you pepper...una never see something.......hahahahaha.......brown roof must fall

You don't need to be an Igbo to kill yourself...... d hunger strike of unpaid salary from four brown roof states will soon visit you
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Ngozi123(f): 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
codedslayer:
[s][/s]

See this shameless hypocrite. How is the guy a bigot for saying the obvious? Your people rejoiced when innocent people were killed in Agatu yet you using that your dirty finger to type trash. [b]Were you not that evergreen tribalist [/b]that was chased away on this forum, so you are back with your 2face ways. Hypocrite.

I am not a tribalist and I'm not that person. I guess people just assume that I'm her because my name is Ngozi, but I'm not her.

Who exactly are 'my people'? Do you mean the tribalist Igbos that parade this forum? If yes then you are wrong in assuming that they are 'my people', I don't claim any tribalists, nor do they claim me. I suppose this is your definition of a hypocrite, right? Go through my post history and tell me where I have written anything that suggests that I'm a bigot. If you can't then I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. You call me a bigot yet you generalise a population of 30+ million people. You call me a hypocrite yet you bemoan some people making fun of innocent people being slaughtered and in the same breath defend a poster who has promised to do just that when he gets the chance. You, sir, are the bigot and hypocrite, I'm afraid. undecided
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
elisra:
you are very predictable,chai i knew you wont disappoint me thats why i made that claim and you made a u-turn immediately.
Anyway keep shifting the goal post to suit ur argument.
As for why we travel,its because of our love for adventure and new challenges and not because of no land because during xmas we all come home and celebrate in this Sunland you claim can't contain us.
Remember the rays(people) of the Sun spread far and wide throughout the world and nothing can hide from its heat.this is why igbos follow the rays of the Sun to the ends of the earth.
If you are not igbo better go and friend one Ada,Chioma,Chika,Onyinye etc so that ur children can become people of the Sun and dance the music of the Rising Sun.

whatever let's you sleep at night dear and no, I'm not Igbo. I don't have to marry one (nothing wrong with marrying one, I might,) to know that Igbo people are specially and wonderfully created by the Almighty...same as every other human being in every tribe in the world.

I have igbo acquaintances. I'm not throwing shades at your ethnic group. But you guys should tone your hatred for other tribes down. okay?

you didn't beg God to create you into that ethnic group and one ethnic group isn't better than the other.

white, black, yellow, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Tutsi, Zulu, we are all human beings with the same ancestry if we go far back enough.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
The day these 'militants' will attack the president's or vice president's convoy and force them to turn back is the day all of us will finally realize that the project called Nigeria has failed.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by codedslayer: 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
[s]
Ngozi123:

I am not a tribalist and I'm not that person. I guess people just assume that I'm her because my name is Ngozi, but I'm not her.

Who exactly are 'my people'? Do you mean the tribalist Igbos that parade this forum? If yes then you are wrong in assuming that they are 'my people', I don't claim any tribalists, nor do they claim me. I suppose this is your definition of a hypocrite, right? Go through my post history and tell me where I have written anything that suggests that I'm a bigot. If you can't then I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. You call me a bigot yet you generalise a population of 30+ million people. You call me a hypocrite yet you bemoan some people making fun of innocent people being slaughtered and in the same breath defend a poster who has promised to do just that when he gets the chance. You, sir, are the bigot and hypocrite, I'm afraid. undecided
[/s]
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Ngozi123(f): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
codedslayer:
[s][/s]

Thanks for unintentionally conceding that your argument was flawed.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by codedslayer: 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ngozi123:

Thanks for unintentionally conceding that your argument was flawed.

Why should i waste my precious time with you, got meaningful things to do than argue with a certified hypocrite. Gerrahere jor
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by cosade(m): 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
akin003:
It's quite unfortunate the kind of hate filled sentiments I have seen at play here just by going through the comments. A total disregard for human lives, no sympathy no empathy but just rantings because of a tribe.
We are all first of Nigerians! When you step out of the shores of this country, nobody knows us as either Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibibio or any other tribe. Your country of origin is what interests them not tribe...

You all swear at each other, tear each other down with words not properly thought of and just taunt mock eachother.
For how long would we keep at this senile attitude. You all have forgotten that no one here, I repeat again, no one here could choose where/ which tribe he or she was gonna be born into. So you Chike, could have been Ade, Musa could have been Edet, Halima could have been Adaeze...
I don't even know who to blame, whether our parents or we the youths ourselves.
Rest assured, I hope to make my country a more tolerant place for my children, a world without this amount of hatred among neighbours. So help me God!

May the Almighty God bless you.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Ngozi123(f): 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
codedslayer:

Why should i waste my precious time with you, got meaningful things to do than argue with a certified hypocrite. Gerrahere jor

I've already proved that you're the one that's the hypocrite and you've indirectly supported this claim by failing to counteract my point. So thank you very much smiley.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by elisra(m): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ioannes:

whatever let's you sleep at night dear and no, I'm not Igbo. I don't have to marry one (nothing wrong with marrying one, I might,) to know that Igbo people are specially and wonderfully created by the Almighty...same as every other human being in every tribe in the world.

I have igbo acquaintances. I'm not throwing shades at your ethnic group. But you guys should tone your hatred for other tribes down. okay?

you didn't beg God to create you into that ethnic group and one ethnic group isn't better than the other.

white, black, yellow, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Tutsi, Zulu, we are all human beings with the same ancestry if we go far back enough.
my brother,i am a firm believer of the common ancestry of man that we are all from Adam and according to the bible all black people came from Ham the second son of Noah but when Europeans call me monkey,Asians belittle me and on homefront,Hausas call me nyamiri,yorubas for no reason call us names such as Igbo etc.
I decided to be proud of my identity.
Racism in the international level and Tribalism at the homefront is a lost cause.
If i see any African without chronic tribalism,i will respect that person but for now most of us are sick of tribalism.
This is one fight i hate fighting.
During service one yoruba corper became my friend and one day at the family house one fellow yoruba corper told him in yoruba language that i am igbo as a warning and from that moment the guy started distancing himself from me and the friendship died like that.
I never wronged that guy but he had prejudice against my people.
So you see why i have to side with my people.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by codedslayer: 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ngozi123:

I've already proved that you're the one that's the hypocrite and you've indirectly supported this claim by failing to counteract my point. So thank you very much smiley.

Coming from Ngozi the famous bigot. Got no time to waste on a shameless tribalist and hypocrite.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Ngozi123(f): 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
codedslayer:

Coming from Ngozi the famous bigot. Got no time to waste on a shameless tribalist and hypocrite.

You keep saying that you've got no time to waste yet you keep responding to me, again showing your hypocrisy. Yes, my name is Ngozi but I am not a bigot and I don't think that I've been on Nairaland long enough to have earned the tag 'famous'- thanks for applauding me though wink.

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
elisra:
my brother,i am a firm believer of the common ancestry of man that we are all from Adam and according to the bible all black people came from Ham the second son of Noah but when Europeans call me monkey,Asians belittle me and on homefront,Hausas call me nyamiri,yorubas for no reason call us names such as Igbo etc.
I decided to be proud of my identity.
Racism in the international level and Tribalism at the homefront is a lost cause.
If i see any African without chronic tribalism,i will respect that person but for now most of us are sick of tribalism.
This is one fight i hate fighting.
During service one yoruba corper became my friend and one day at the family house one fellow yoruba corper told him in yoruba language that i am igbo as a warning and from that moment the guy started distancing himself from me and the friendship died like that.
I never wronged that guy but he had prejudice against my people.
So you see why i have to side with my people.

sorry But I know you are being economical with the truth.

you mean Yoruba and Hausa and Fulani just started insulting and cussing you and hating you guys without any cause? come on, surely even you won't believe that.

you had one experience with one Yoruba family out of a million and the conclusion you came to was that the Yoruba ethnic group is bad

do you want me to tell you the not-so-pleasant encounters I have had with igbos? would it be fair to paint all of you with that same brush??

nobody says you shouldnt be proud of your ethnic group , But to mock the dead innocent victims in Ogun state?

when death comes knocking on our doors he isn't going to be asking if you are Igbo or Hausa.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by olumalcolm(m): 11:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ngozi123:

What do you mean by "you people"?
hw e tk dey do u na?
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by codedslayer: 3:38am On Jun 29, 2016
[s]
Ngozi123:

You keep saying that you've got no time to waste yet you keep responding to me, again showing your hypocrisy. Yes, my name is Ngozi but I am not a bigot and I don't think that I've been on Nairaland long enough to have earned the tag 'famous'- thanks for applauding me though wink.
[/s]
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 29, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Name checker...Activated...
DSS driector....fulani muslim
DCP fulani muslim
Brigade commander. Hausafulani muslim

All in Ogun state.....SW.....

I hope it's not what am thinking oooo! lipsrsealed

So you noticed?
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by goldust777: 7:35am On Jun 29, 2016
obaino860:

don't worry,,,d militant will show you pepper...una never see something.......hahahahaha.......brown roof must fall

You don't need to be an Igbo to kill yourself...... d hunger strike of unpaid salary from four brown roof states will soon visit you

Im from the south east. I must admit ur comment is not wise you have no regard for human lives i lost a fellow igbo friend in the ikorodu carnage and you are here talkin trash are you aware of large population of igbo,s in lagos to talk of ikorodu alone.please this incident was not tribal it cut across different ethnicity living in lagos please show some respect for the dead.
Re: Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel by Cutehector(m): 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
haryomikun:

****I'll I've in Ogun state. And there has been no sacking of any community.

Reason well before you talk. Okay? And thank me when you're done

No need to quote me undecided
hey watsup bro, it's your boy hector. I wish to solicit for your support to vote for falconey for mr nairaland. Just as u voted in the last contest, ur votes will go a long way in making him d winner.

I was impressed with his topics and I decided to support him as well.

I look foward to your positive reply on this. Thanks so much.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, Governors May Clash With Tinubu Over Ambode - GuardianNg / Lagos Apc’s House Begins Gaining Order As Fashola, Oki Join Unity Force / Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.