Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? (11716 Views)

Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance / Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos / "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by koolchicco: 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2009
First it was MJ,then Senator Kennedy,now our own Legal luminary GANI.Oh wat a sad year(2009)!

R.I.P GANI. cry cry
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Bell32(m): 12:46pm On Sep 05, 2009
HE WAS AN ICON, WE JUST LOST AN ICON sad
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by U1(m): 12:49pm On Sep 05, 2009
shocked shocked shocked This is a real shocking news, such a good and great man. May God have mercy on his soul if this is indeed true.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by redsun(m): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2009
One in almost one hundred and fifty million.Who can take his place?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by bodejohn(m): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2009
Now i know that it was a priviledge to meet him in person and visit his house and chambers at Anthony Village.
He was a great man. I just hope that all he lived for, his dream of a great Nigeria will not die.
Adieu, Gani!
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Okaakoko(m): 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2009
IT WAS A SHOCKING NEWS, WHAT A GREAT ACTIVIST. WE WILL MISS HIM, MAY GOD GIVE US ALL THE FORTITUTE TO BEAR THE IRREPAIRABLE LOSS. MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE. AMEN,
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by allinfog: 12:58pm On Sep 05, 2009
When the hunter is dead, surely the 'hunted' will have a filled day. Goodbye the legal warrior.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2009
If I was one of his children, I would feel so very honored.
Though im not, it feels like I have lost someone whose live has had great meaning to me.
I hope people like Obasanjo, and those other soulless Yoruba leaders learn from this fine and great example.
Gani Lives forever in all our hearts.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by spoOne: 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2009
He will be greatly missed – we have just lost a passionate socio-economic activist, who spent most of his life fighting injustice.
It is a Sad day for those without voices and those ignored in our society.
A true Champion of the people! sad sad
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Vickram: 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2009
It's always being said dt gud pple never stay long,while d bad do.may almight God give hin eternal rest.amen
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2009
well,such is life. one minute you ar talking to a man, the next minute you hear he's dead.
i hope he makes paradise.
RIP Gani. cry
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by allboyz(m): 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2009
U1:

shocked shocked shocked This is a real shocking news, such a good and great man. May God have mercy on his soul if this is indeed true.

Start believing its bro. . .  cry
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by vislabraye(m): 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2009
I'm surprised. Just today, and see the number of posts, Short of words
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by vikiviko(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2009
Chief Gani, The uncompromising Nigerian Icon of Rule of Law, the Commander in chief of Un-Armed Masses Of Nigeria, The preacher of democratic values in Nigeria, The Believer of Equity, Equality, and Justice. We will Miss You. Adieu Gani Fawehinmi, Your Fights will not be in Vain, that is my tribute to a man who stood with us in this fight for a better Nigeria, our fatherland
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by defor(m): 1:08pm On Sep 05, 2009
May HIS Gentle Soul Rest in PEACE,
God HELP his Family,
We have LOST A GREAT PERSON.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by kevd2: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2009
He was the only hero that i had in Nigeria,the only man that stood up against injustice when millions of us chose to be silent, If Nigerrians could take a cue from this man,maybe we would not have the kind of society we have today.

EVIL PROSPERS NOT BECAUSE OF  THE EVILDOERS BUT FROM THE SILENCE AND INDIFFERENCE OF GOOD MEN,
Chief Gani fahwehmi, GANI ,GANI, GANI, you were a GOOD man,u are a really GOOD Man because you stood up for the truth when most Nigerians chose to keep quiet.
YOU are truly greater than all our Lying, thieving Criminal Politicians, Unfortunately Most  Nigerians never Valued you but rather prefer the Criminals in office that we have today and we are collectively paying the price today.

I am not mourning your death, I am celebrating your  Life, you will be With us forever.

Thank YOU MR Fawehwenmi, I thank you and i will never forget what you did for your Country.

RIP MR FREEDOM FIGHTER
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by CarlosVent(m): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2009
HOPE AFTER ALL THESE THAT HE MADE HEAVEN COS THAT WILL BE A GREAT REWARD FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE.

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PIECE.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Sauron1: 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2009
R.I.P. Gani Fawehinmi.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by alleno: 1:28pm On Sep 05, 2009
RIP - Chief Gani Fawehinmi
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by eunisam: 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2009
Good night Gani!!!

See you in Heaven!!

Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by oghiaga: 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2009
we have certainly lost a gem in Gani,may his soul rest in perfect peace.Amen
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by sley4life(m): 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2009
Im crying nw. I feel 4 him. The only reputable human right lawyer we had in nigeria is gone. Adieu. May your soul rip
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by vwvw(m): 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2009
sad sad sad terrible news terrible news. met the luminary a number of times. was actually thinking of him yesterday. one think that strikes you about SAM was he was always passionate about every cause he fought for; fuel hike, the military, OBJ's third term. he was there through it all. we've lost a major hero in NIgeria today; a real sucker punch. he should be immortalized immediately. how sad; still remember vividly the struggle to find dele giwa's killers. he said he fight to unravel it till he died , wel he's dead now and he kept his words. long live fawehmism.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Jarus(m): 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2009
Inna Lilahi Wa Inna Ilaehi Rajiun.
Saw ds on NL. Gani the law, the father of the poor, the voice of the voiceless, the megaphone of the oppressed. Farewell Gani, omo Alhaja Munirat, oko Ganiyat.  

Tears from Jarus' eyes.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by becomrich15: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2009
O man God. May his soul rest in peace. When i was young i use to spend my vacation in his father house at oke lisa.
He is related to me.
Gani touch many life. he won many case for the common man. he went to jail several times too.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Memunah(f): 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2009
Good people never last,R.I.P cry
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Chykar: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2009
Wow this is Unbelievable just as it is shocking,
We will dearly miss u Sir,
Here is a quote from Michael Jackson's song "Will You Be There" as U begin ur journey to the Heavenlies,
In Our Darkest Hour
In My Deepest Despair
Will You Still Care?
Will You Be There?
In My Trials
And My Tribulations
Through Our Doubts
And Frustrations
In My Violence
In My Turbulence
Through My Fear
And My Confessions
In My Anguish And My Pain
Through My Joy And My Sorrow
In The Promise Of Another Tomorrow
I'll Never Let You Part
For You're Always In My Heart.
Rest In Peace Sir,
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by vwvw(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2009
" look at Bongo, he's ruled Gabon for 35 years. Now OBJ wants to embark on a third term agenda. he was to GABONIZE Nigeria and make it a BONGO republic, BONGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"-Gani Fawehinmi, RIP
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by zmurda(m): 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2009
He was a soldier

A damn good one. He trudged on in the face of adversity and opposition. In the face of lie, he cannot be accused of complicity. He spoke!

When the role call of true Nigerians are compiled, he'll make it to the top of the list

I salute and hail his memories!
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by touchmeder: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2009
R.I.P Gani u were a fighter indeed.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by semid4lyfe(m): 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2009
May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by lizfab(f): 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2009
Gani Sun re o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo: I’ll Govern Nigeria Same Way Buhari Has Done / Reading Old Issues Of Vanguard Newspaper Online / We Also Feel The Pangs Of Recession –saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.