Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? (11732 Views)

Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance / Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos / "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by OyingboNG: 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2009
George D,

Abi O! Na so O!

The soul of a Tzedek interceeds more powerfully for the flock of his pasture, in the love that he had for ALL Nigerians, after his passing into "the World to Come."

Let him be an inspiration and a light in the darkness to all Nigerians and especially young people. They are the only hope of Nigeria. If I was a Lagosian now, I would be organing a broad coalition of people from every part of Lagos and every corner of Nigeria, to convene a convention under the title "Nigeria's Future - Where now in after Gani?."

In that forum I would try to invite as many ordinary people to speak freely and to debate. This is the way forward and I would try to enlist the help of young Nigerian teenagers as disaffected youth to help me organise.

Let this be his memorial and his legacy. He is callin on you to TRANSFORM Nigeria. Don't be cynical like us British! (after the "Expenses Scandal" - they're all the same lining their own pockets! Na SO?

God bless,

Oyingbo Nigeria Johnny
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by OyingboNG: 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2009
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by illusion2: 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2009
A trully great man indeed !!!

RIP cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by ono(m): 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2009
Too many great men have died this year:

1. Michael Jackson
2. Sen. Edward Kennedy
and now,
3. Gani Fawehinmi.

What a tragic year! Started with plane mishaps, MEND attacks, Economic downturn across the world, job losses. Terrible!
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by pius4luv(m): 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2009
I LOVE HIM SO MUCH,HE IS AN ICON IN MY OWN GENERATION,I PRAY MAY HIS BOSSOM SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE, AMEN,I LOVE MR Gani Fawehinm.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Obasemo: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2009
May his soul rest in perfect peace. It is a pity, that Nigeria loss an honest, hard working man who are trying to make Nigeria great. People that should die did not die
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by bandely(m): 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

RIP Gani! We love you.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by homebase(m): 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2009
Death, why did you do this to this great nation at this period of her life?
Why must you be swallowing the soul of the few beautiful ones, like the
person of Chief Gani Fawehinmi when he was needed most in this our trying
moment.Can you please answer us.

R.I.P Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) (SAM)
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by chic2pimp(m): 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2009
MAY YOUR GENTLE AND KIND SOUL REST IN PEACE. AMEN sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by dgreatrock(m): 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2009
may his soul rest in where it desrves cry
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by ikeyman00(m): 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2009
[size=21pt]soldier's respect!![/size]

rest in Jesus name AMEN

never worry; hmmm we are right behind u!
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Talis(f): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2009
Gani indeed lived an illustrious life, MAy his soul rest in perfect peace. May God give his family and all Nigerians the fortitude to bear the loss. Adieu great one! cry sad
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by toloruni: 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2009
A time to think of what life is all about, imagine if chief Gani is said to be  dead today then it only goes to tell us that someone should take a minute and ask oneself am i on the right track. To a father, a Boss, a Leader, a Freedom Fighter and most importantly a Great Nigeria we say may his gentle soul rest in peace. We love u but GOD loves u more
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by goodass(m): 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2009
Tell it not 2d crooked dealers
that d thorn in their flesh is gone
u did ur best fighting illegality and oppression
ur bit proved 2 much 4 ibb
abacha wld cringe at ur arrival
on d other side
d rest of us, d good and d bad
miss u, adieu
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by FBS: 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2009
Rest In Peace Gani Fawehinmi.   cry

Nigeria and indeed the whole world will miss you.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by EchuaA: 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2009
If Humans can stop the death of those they desire, u wil still be alive but unfortunately we can't. U completed ur race and left ur name and action in our hearts and those of our posterity. Sleep in the bossom of Father Abraham. Adeiu the freedom fighter and man of justice
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by montelik(m): 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2009
A great man of whom I can't quantify my respect. A brilliant lawyer, a fearless fighter. A true example of how lead with a servants heart. His tireless contribution to betterment of all Nigerians (rich, poor, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, young, old) can't be contested or measured. I just hope that the examples and lesson he thought livelong after him. One of the few older generation Nigerian statesmen of whom I can say was I proud to have seen in action. I will most definately tell my children of the proud example he set. RIP
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by keyiwon(m): 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2009
Sad news for me and I'm sure millions of other Nigerians. He was an icon in the legal sector and his lagacies will last a long time.
R.I.P. Gani!!!
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by mecylee(f): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2009
hackney:

what?!!!!
We just lost the last decent man in that country.
Adieu sir. cry cry

Now who will speak for the masses? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Another search
anyway Gani rest in peace cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by oraclefemi(m): 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2009
First time Nigerians will show sympathy for the dead without criticizing his doings in life, i guess he must have been a very great man!!
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by edwardaigb: 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2009
rest in peace SOLDIER
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by reindeer: 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2009
Unbreakable!
Irreplaceable!
Rest in peace Gani!!!
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Agbotoba(m): 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2009
Nigeria has lost a rare gem.
Gani was a symbol of good governance. He fought tirelessly for the enthronement of democracy.
He was the masses' fighter.
His life spoke volumes of transparency, probity and accountability.
He will be greatly missed.
MY QUESTION IS - WHO CAN FILL HIS POSITION NOW?
PLS THINK DEEPLY.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by iammodel(m): 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2009
GANI, THE GREAT HUMAN RIGHT ACTIVIST
MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by newdeal(m): 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2009
Just heard the sad news now from a friend.
He was a rare gem, a consistent activist you can always count on. He was never afraid to take a stand, no matter how unpopular. He was passionately committed to the cause of the downtrodden. I first heard of him way back in the secondary school during a social studies class, over the years I grew to be very proud of him because his integrity was never in doubt, unlike many other activists. He, no doubt has inspired a good number of the upcoming generation that you don't have to compromise on your principles to become successful.

I am still reeling from the shock of it all but I know this: many more Ganis will surely arise in the course of time.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by CrudeOil2(m): 9:44pm On Sep 05, 2009
IBB beware! Your days are numbered.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2009
OMG I just heard the news and I ran straight here!!! I am so sad!! cry cry cry cry

One of the few people that is fighting for us in Nigeria!! where do we turn to Oh God!!
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by tmny: 10:28pm On Sep 05, 2009
I just got d news 2nte. May his gentle soul rest in peace, AMEN.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by sley4life(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2009
Gani we miss u
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by sley4life(m): 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2009
we miss u Gani. U are a rare gem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

JTF Kills 35 Boko-Haram Members In Yobe / My Father Made Love To My Wife —gbenga Obasanjo(pics) / PDP Crisis: IGP Arase, Seals Party secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.