Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

 7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel /  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos (85877 Views)

I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert / Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) / #lagoslessons - Nigerians Give Important Tips On How To Survive Living In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by yomz1e(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
a classic example to express frustration at someones doltishness is : ma wo mudafucka yi!
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
Yoruba just bashing igbos .Igbos biko remain calm
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
iaamxavier:
who Yoruba word epp na? I Dont use any buhh I survive in Lagos! infact I'm doing well! than the owners seff for fvck this words jaee' its for the mgbati mgbati people so let them use it
hungry man, it really shows u made it. Thought una talk say na no man's land na. Bad bele.

1 Like

Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by Ike4God: 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
badassProdigy:
3. E fun mi fisi
You know how you walk into a local buka and you’re not satisfied with the amount of food they’ve given you? “E fun mi fisi” is the magic word. Say it and keep a smile and small portions will be added to your plate.

And if the mama put replies, asking you a question over what you said, then what next? or we go just look like zombie
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by seunakin231(m): 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
druxy:
lol..efunmi fisi..op...it's Ebami fisi
Lolz.. it's easier said as efisi......
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by tunahper(m): 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
mtcheew...no need am nt planning to visit any yoruba state again till biafra gain independence from buhari our colonial master
E maa gbo oro buruku lenu eye to n mu osan... Maybe for ur dreams... Awon alayebaje... Mtcheew
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by sade1994(f): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
yoged:
we no even want you Mr okoro werey. O digba o doju ala. O darinnako

grin grin she o ti ku ni?
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
mtcheew...no need am nt planning to visit any yoruba state again till biafra gain independence from buhari our colonial master

foolishness.:/sad:|shocked;(
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by notoriousbabe: 11:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
How about if person wan fok?how person go talk am?
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by Irreplaceable48(f): 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
iaamxavier:
who Yoruba word epp na? I Dont use any buhh I survive in Lagos! infact I'm doing well! than the owners seff for fvck this words jaee' its for the mgbati mgbati people so let them use it
I believe u were nt forced to open d thread.... undecided
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by akigbemaru: 11:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
lagos and slangs
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
Whenever you meet a fine Yoruba girl always say ma do e...it means how are you grin

1 Like

Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by pablus: 12:04am On Jul 01, 2016
badassProdigy:

O dabo

hahahaha funny as heck!! o dabo. lol
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by kelvyn7: 12:06am On Jul 01, 2016
badassProdigy:

O dabo
this is the funniest reply I have read on NL cheesy
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by scholes0(m): 12:12am On Jul 01, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:

Oh waiiit...
So after Biafra gets their so called "Independence" from Buhari your 'colonial master' (lol) you were planning to come back to Yoruba states or what? or what is the 'till' in your statement for?

1 Like

Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by Bekeey: 12:14am On Jul 01, 2016
Owo da
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 01, 2016
Op you nor add '' Ewa go in''... Hunger don finish you for Lagos be that na
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by ahamonyeka(m): 12:47am On Jul 01, 2016
druxy:
na omo nna naw.
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by Jacko01: 12:47am On Jul 01, 2016
Who says e fu mi ni fisi

Only ppl buying buka

I dont buy buka

E ma binu shld be on that list
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by shurlar50(m): 12:48am On Jul 01, 2016
Just incase u found yourself been harassed by a street thug...just reply 'abo fe ku sha'? With a frown
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by fairygeh(f): 12:49am On Jul 01, 2016
druxy:
Lol,the e Funmi fisi really got me laughing too.
Shey op na yoruba sha?
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by Jexbabs: 1:37am On Jul 01, 2016
Easy to learn.
Easy to write.
I'm not from any state that speaks the language but i'll always tag it as the best language in #Africa

3 Likes

Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by histemple: 2:18am On Jul 01, 2016
badassProdigy:
6. Bẹẹ ni/Bẹẹ kọ
Bẹẹ ni means “yes” in Yoruba while Bẹẹ kọ means “no”. Would be really helpful if you have to go to any market in Lagos.

So Bèè kò is no longer "not like that" ?

I was thinking that "Oti o" is NO.
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 2:39am On Jul 01, 2016
badassProdigy:
5. E joo
E joo is Yoruba for ‘please’. So when you get into trouble and need someone to help out, say “e joo” and who knows?

Epic, the National Bastard prostarating before Ebora Owu,"Oko iya" re.
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 2:40am On Jul 01, 2016
simple4generall:
fumi ni changi mi

Changi wo? O ya were ni?
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 2:42am On Jul 01, 2016
"Omo ale"; as in a brother or sister to Bastard Doyin Okupe. grin
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 2:47am On Jul 01, 2016
gbosaa:

But I only eat at mama chinedu's restaurant and I don't need to say that to get an extra potion.

Y'all be deported a la Fashola. What nonsense is this? grin
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 2:48am On Jul 01, 2016
Sexytemi:
e lo ni (how much) is another word to learn if u you to get at a discount price or haggle the price....

Or u can say "se ko gba"(e no gree ni )

Good one.
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 2:51am On Jul 01, 2016
ladyF:
Ode!

When someone is not behaving right, just use this word. Don't ask me how I know grin

"Ode"!...
Now, you won't like this..........

"slowpoke"
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 2:51am On Jul 01, 2016
Yinkatolu:
wa n bi

"Come here"
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 2:55am On Jul 01, 2016
yomz1e:
you way off track! to survive you need words like ... IYA eeee! with five fingers gesture

"Yo ba iya e"

"Whatever insult you can imagine goes to your mother'.

Please, please, please, don't ever say that to a Yoruba person you are really not very,very,very familiar with.
Re:  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos by NovusHomo(m): 2:57am On Jul 01, 2016
jhasper:
se oya rere ni
if conductor no give u change

"Se o ya were ni"-"Are you crazy"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four Nigerian Women Who Own Private Jets You Should Know / World's Largest Plane With A Wingspan Longer Than A FOOTBALL FIELD(Pic) / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.