Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Untitled - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Untitled (16853 Views)

Untitled / Untitled Fiction / Untitled Fantasy Novel: Read And Review,people! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untitled by semid4lyfe(m): 7:59am On Sep 10, 2009
Autobiographic?

I suspected it with the thinly veiled references to some schools and some other stuff in the story.
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2009
Semid4lyfe, what can I say cheesy? There might be a little of me in every one of them - even the guys. For example, I said Max wore A Liverpool jersey with "Gerrard" on the back, to the party. I'm a Liverpool/Gerrard fan. I'm not telling you anything else I have in common with the others, but they're a lot! But that was then. I'm human now grin.
Re: Untitled by semid4lyfe(m): 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
Breeze don blow, fowl yansh don open!

Oya MAKE U DEY WAKA ALONE cos I ain't reading no more.
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2009
semidi, wetin you mean now?? I'm not a football fan oo, I just like Gerrard very mush, so in extention, I gats to like Liverpool. But dem dey try now. Oya please, sorry, I beg kiss . Forgive and forget - how will you now stop reading cry?? grin
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
Kessy was really trying to conceal her moody state, barely listening as Tiara went on and on about some guy she’d just met at the party. Kessy was busy thinking about Max and how much attention he seemed to be paying to some girl he’d been dancing a lot with all night. She’d been happy at the beginning, when that her stunt with Chima had got Max flying over to “rescue” her. She’d deliberately played along with her boyfriend, letting him get away with stuff she’d never have done in the past, just to get Max jealous. But she saw now that she had only managed to get him mad at her.
   She knew this, because he had been ignoring her ever since, and even when she’d swallowed her pride and gone over to him to ask if he’d seen his sister, he’d barely even spared her a decent reply, turning back to continue talking with the group of friends he’d been with.
  Well, so far her plan had failed. It had been a stupid plan anyway – make Max jealous, and force him into admitting he had feelings for her. But all she’d done was push him further away.
  He’s never going to like me, she figured, sighing inwardly. Not the way she wanted him to like her anyway. She jumped when Tiara suddenly nudged her.
     “Sorry, did you say something?” she asked with a guilty start.
    “Great! You’re not even listening!” her friend cried. “I asked if you think Raymond is cute.”
    “Oh that. You mean that tall guy you were dancing with? Yeah, he’s very cute. Must play basketball or something, with that height. Do you think you guys will get together?”
   Tiara sighed dreamily. “I wish. I never wanted to have a boyfriend before I get into uni, but he really is so nice. And gorgeous! He’s like my dream guy.”
   “If you end up going out with him, then that means I’ll be the only one without a boyfriend,” Itoro complained.
   Her friends laughed. “Itoro, guys need to take you seriously first, before they can date you. You really need to stop being such a clown, then you’d probably get a boyfriend,” Kessy said.
   “Thanks for the tip,” Itoro replied with a wry twist of her lips.
   They finally got back to the party, only to discover that Max had been looking all over for them. “There you are,” he said, grabbing his sister’s arm. “I was beginning to think you’d all been kidnapped. It’s getting close to your curfew, ladies, time to go.” They let out wails of dismay, but he only shook his head. “It’s late, we need to get home or dad will be mad. And remember I have to drop your friends home too.”
   Tiara broke out of his grip. “At least let me try and say goodnight to my friend, Raymond. Please, Max.” She was already looking around frantically for him with worried eyes.
   “Okay, but make it quick. We’ll be waiting for you downstairs. Five minutes, Tiara,” he warned, and began herding the other two girls out of the room.
   “What about me, don’t I get the chance to say goodbye to my boyfriend?” exclaimed Kessy. He sent her a cool look.
   “Sorry, Kessy, but I can’t please everyone. Not tonight.” They were at the car now, and he unlocked the door.
    It was a quiet, breezy night, and the other houses on the street were mostly dark. Kessy took a deep breath to calm herself, swallowing the retort that would have burst from her, before getting into the car with Itoro.
   “The party was fun, wasn’t it guys? It’s just funny we hardly got to see the so-called celebrant,” Itoro observed.
   “Yeah, he’s either really shy or really stuck-up,” Kessy murmured, looking in Max’s direction as she added, “Don’t you just hate stuck-up guys, Itoro?”
   “I don’t know any stuck-up guys. I don’t know any guys, period,” she giggled. “But I’d probably hate them, so yeah. Stuck-up guys are the pits.”
    Max was silent, busy fiddling with the car’s music player, sliding in a CD. Soon the car was filled with rap music, and Kessy groaned out loud. “Oh no! Max, could we please not have that on right now? My head is like splitting after all the excitement of tonight.”
“Oh yeah, sorry,” he said, and off it went. She was surprised and pleased – she’d been so ready to pick a fight if he’d argued. Deflated and subdued, she glimpsed his face in the rear view mirror. He was smiling at her, like he knew what she’d been up to. Going on about “stuck-up guys”. She felt stupid now, because that was the last thing Max was. She respected and adored him so much, and regretted making an ass of herself that night. She just hoped he wouldn’t think ill of her, and that things would just go back to normal. She liked that much better than being on his bad side.
Tiara appeared just then, apologetic yet beaming. She’d found Raymond, who had been totally devastated that she was leaving. They’d exchanged numbers though, and he’d promised to call her soon. Her heart was singing when Max finally started the car and drove them home.
Re: Untitled by RuuDie(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
Pretty good stuff; very natural. . . . . good command of the language too - quite impressive, keep it up!
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2009
@ Ruudie, thanks. You know, this is actually the first time I've heard you speak to me in plain English! That pidgin thread sef cheesy!
Re: Untitled by semid4lyfe(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2009
No mind Ruudie jare ! The guy na bi - He swings both ways - lol.

BTW, ain't it time u continue your story or have you come down with the dreaded 'writer's block'?
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2009
Writer's block?? Never had it cheesy! @semid4lyfe, I just think the story needs a rest. I had fun writing it, but it was just for fun. Might continue later, or might start a more grown-up one, who knows?

Anyway guys, thanks for reading!
Re: Untitled by illusion2: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

Kessy was really trying to conceal her moody state, barely listening as Tiara went on and on about some guy she’d just met at the party. Kessy was busy thinking about Max and how much attention he seemed to be paying to some girl he’d been dancing a lot with all night. She’d been happy at the beginning, when that her stunt with Chima had got Max flying over to “rescue” her. She’d deliberately played along with her boyfriend, letting him get away with stuff she’d never have done in the past, just to get Max jealous. But she saw now that she had only managed to get him mad at her.
   She knew this, because he had been ignoring her ever since, and even when she’d swallowed her pride and gone over to him to ask if he’d seen his sister, he’d barely even spared her a decent reply, turning back to continue talking with the group of friends he’d been with.
  Well, so far her plan had failed. It had been a stupid plan anyway – make Max jealous, and force him into admitting he had feelings for her. But all she’d done was push him further away.
  He’s never going to like me, she figured, sighing inwardly. Not the way she wanted him to like her anyway. She jumped when Tiara suddenly nudged her.
     “Sorry, did you say something?” she asked with a guilty start.
    “Great! You’re not even listening!” her friend cried. “I asked if you think Raymond is cute.”
    “Oh that. You mean that tall guy you were dancing with? Yeah, he’s very cute. Must play basketball or something, with that height. Do you think you guys will get together?”
   Tiara sighed dreamily. “I wish. I never wanted to have a boyfriend before I get into uni, but he really is so nice. And gorgeous! He’s like my dream guy.”
   “If you end up going out with him, then that means I’ll be the only one without a boyfriend,” Itoro complained.
   Her friends laughed. “Itoro, guys need to take you seriously first, before they can date you. You really need to stop being such a clown, then you’d probably get a boyfriend,” Kessy said.
   “Thanks for the tip,” Itoro replied with a wry twist of her lips.
   They finally got back to the party, only to discover that Max had been looking all over for them. “There you are,” he said, grabbing his sister’s arm. “I was beginning to think you’d all been kidnapped. It’s getting close to your curfew, ladies, time to go.” They let out wails of dismay, but he only shook his head. “It’s late, we need to get home or dad will be mad. And remember I have to drop your friends home too.”
   Tiara broke out of his grip. “At least let me try and say goodnight to my friend, Raymond. Please, Max.” She was already looking around frantically for him with worried eyes.
   “Okay, but make it quick. We’ll be waiting for you downstairs. Five minutes, Tiara,” he warned, and began herding the other two girls out of the room.
   “What about me, don’t I get the chance to say goodbye to my boyfriend?” exclaimed Kessy. He sent her a cool look.
   “Sorry, Kessy, but I can’t please everyone. Not tonight.” They were at the car now, and he unlocked the door.
    It was a quiet, breezy night, and the other houses on the street were mostly dark. Kessy took a deep breath to calm herself, swallowing the retort that would have burst from her, before getting into the car with Itoro.
   “The party was fun, wasn’t it guys? It’s just funny we hardly got to see the so-called celebrant,” Itoro observed.
   “Yeah, he’s either really shy or really stuck-up,” Kessy murmured, looking in Max’s direction as she added, “Don’t you just hate stuck-up guys, Itoro?”
   “I don’t know any stuck-up guys. I don’t know any guys, period,” she giggled. “But I’d probably hate them, so yeah. Stuck-up guys are the pits.”
    Max was silent, busy fiddling with the car’s music player, sliding in a CD. Soon the car was filled with rap music, and Kessy groaned out loud. “Oh no! Max, could we please not have that on right now?  My head is like splitting after all the excitement of tonight.”
   “Oh yeah, sorry,” he said, and off it went. She was surprised and pleased – she’d been so ready to pick a fight if he’d argued. Deflated and subdued, she glimpsed his face in the rear view mirror.  He was smiling at her, like he knew what she’d been up to. Going on about “stuck-up guys”. She felt stupid now, because that was the last thing Max was. She respected and adored him so much, and regretted making an ass of herself that night. She just hoped he wouldn’t think ill of her, and that things would just go back to normal. She liked that much better than being on his bad side.
   Tiara appeared just then, apologetic yet beaming. She’d found Raymond, who had been totally devastated that she was leaving. They’d exchanged numbers though, and he’d promised to call her soon. Her heart was singing when Max finally started the car and drove them home.

Cool. . . . . . . . .my suggestions are essentially aesthetic. . . . . some spacing,mixing up of fonts & colours would certainly enhace its visual appeal kiss
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2009
Thanks @illusion2 - I'm happy to have pleased u at last wink kiss-----will work on the visuals next time. Nice tip!!
Re: Untitled by ravenzord(m): 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ maedan: Please keep writing. . . I'm loving the age bracket u're writing about(prolly cos I fall there) nd I'm loving d story.If U were 2 write a book I'd love 2 read it grin.
Re: Untitled by illusion2: 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

Thanks @illusion2 - I'm happy to have pleased u at last wink kiss-----will work on the visuals next time. Nice tip!!
Ive always been actually. . . . .I'm a budding writer myself. .  .we could exchange ideas- cheesy
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2009
lol @ illusion[i]deux[/i] - I should have guessed cheesy. So you write. I should have guessed that too wink. The next installation coming up. . . . wink
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2009
CHAPTER THREE

It was like walking on the moon.  A week after the party and Tiara was falling deeper into her “thing” for Raymond. He loved her! He told her this every time he called (which was often), and never stopped telling her how beautiful and adorable she was. She turned into such an airhead that even her mother was fed up with her, rarely letting her into the kitchen because she always ended up burning the food with her absentmindedness.

He was all she talked about to her friends, which was just as annoying. She hardly noticed how glum Kessy seemed these days. Max had returned to school on Sunday, so the house was less fun, and Tiara had no one else to irritate with her lovesickness because her younger sisters were all under ten years old – what did they care about boys?

It was a week after the party that Raymond asked her out on a “date”.  A visit to the cinema, no less. Kessy and Itoro came over to help her choose what to wear for the grand occasion. He was coming to pick her up at five thirty since the movie, an animation blockbuster, was to start at six.

“Some girls have all the fun,” Itoro muttered with longing, as she pinned up the last strand of Tiara’s long hair. Their friend looked extra pretty that evening; no t-shirt this time but a girlish little dress patterned all over with large coloured flowers.

“It’s just a movie, Itoro,” Tiara said offhandedly, though her heart hadn’t slowed and still beat with as much anticipation as it had ever since he’d told her about their date.  She kept looking at the clock.

“Nevertheless, he is kind of rude,” Kessy said. “I mean, inviting just you. He could easily have asked us all along. I’ve been dying to see Ice Age.”

“Chill out, Kessy. Maybe next time I’ll tell him to get his friends and we could all have a blast. That is, if your boyfriend won’t mind,” she added teasingly.

Kessy grunted. “You mean Chima? After the way he acted at the party? It is so over.”

Both friends turned to her in surprise, but there was no time to prod her because the doorbell rang just then. All three dashed downstairs to find Raymond waiting at the door. He smiled in greeting to Tiara’s friends, before grabbing her hand. “We have to hurry, babe. The movie starts in half an hour. Nice to meet you girls.” He winked at Kessy and Itoro, who beamed in return, instantly forgetting their annoyance at him for excluding them – and now happy that they were left to babysit Tiara’s bratty younger sisters till her parents got back from work.

Raymond and Tiara were just in time for the starting credits, what with the Lagos traffic that delayed them beforehand. She was impressed that he’d got them VIP seats, which was almost empty because it was a weekday night. It was all very cosy and nice, sitting so close to the hunky Raymond who didn’t waste time in placing a possessive arm over her shoulder as they watched the funny movie.

She hoped her friends wouldn’t ask her what the film was all about tomorrow, because she’d be incapable of remembering a thing, too giddy to have Raymond by her side, ever attentive and affectionate, taking her hand and kissing it every few minutes, bringing heat to her already warm cheeks. He was such a charmer! This had to be the best night of her life, she told herself dreamily.

Time flew by so fast that too soon, the movie ended. They walked out hand in hand back to his car, still laughing from the funny ending to the film. “I knew you’d be great to hang out with,” he told her, unlocking  the car and opening her door gallantly. “I never had so much fun at the movies.”

“Same here,” she said breathily, suddenly shivering in the cool night air as she squeezed past him and into the car. He shut the door and came in through his side. Now what, she wondered sadly, wishing the night wouldn’t end.

As if reading her mind, he tipped her chin up to look at him. “Hungry? We could grab a bite from Nando’s.”
  His fingers on her skin were making her even more shy as she drew back from his touch. “I couldn’t eat a thing, trust me. I really stuffed myself on the popcorn and coke you got us for the movie.”

“Okay. Not hungry.” He seemed thoughtful. “So, should we go to my house? I’d like you to see my place, Tiara.”

He had a very appealing look on his face, but Tiara was somehow doubtful.  “Come on, Ti. I promise to get you home on time. We’ll just relax, I’ll show you my comic book collection, ” He grinned, wriggling his eyebrows. “I remember you mentioning once you’re a Wolverine fan. I’ve got some cool vintage editions I could loan you.”

At last she nodded, smiling and wondering what she was reluctant about. Raymond was such a gent, and she was secretly dying to meet his family.

He got them there in good time, and Tiara found that it was a well built mansion surrounded by wrought iron gates. She tried not to seem too awed as, let into the paved grounds by a waving gate man, he drove them in. The beautiful house was surrounded by exquisitely tended gardens, which were lit up by the many lights dotting the sprawling compound. His family had to be loaded, she realised. And he acted so humble, you’d never guess.

Inside was even more palatial, with polished marble floors and more sitting rooms than Tiara’s house had bedrooms. “This is so cool,” she exclaimed, gazing into a gilded antique mirror that took up one whole wall of the room. “But where is every one?”

He undid the tie he’d worn for the occasion with a playful grimace, and she laughed. “Didn’t I mention it? My parents practically live abroad – only come home for Christmas or the odd family reunion. My elder sister is married and lives abroad too. My younger ones are at boarding school, and when they aren’t, they’re with my folks in U.S.”

“So, you mean you live here alone?” she asked in amazement and with just a tinge of inner conflict.

“Scary, I know,” he chuckled. “Such a big house. But it’s been six months since I moved back to the country so I’m getting used to it.” He saw her face and then took her hand with a gentle squeeze. “Relax, Tiara. I’m not going to eat you.” Yet, he added to himself, before pulling her out into the hallway where a wide, carpeted stairway wound up. “Let’s go check out my comic collection.”

Quelling her misgivings, she let out a calming sigh and went up the stairs with him. His room was a bit messy with clothes and left over food in take away packs here and there, but it was large and well furnished, with his very own plasma TV on the wall. He put it on first, and it was a video music channel.

“Excuse the mess,” he said apologetically, “I’m not much of a housekeeper. Check this out.” She went to his side, and found a whole stack of comic books lining one wall. There were like six racks and the comics were arranged in separate groups. “We’ve got DC here, and over here’s Marvel, Manga – what ever your pick.”

“Wow,” she cooed, flipping through a copy of Green Lantern. Thanks to having an elder brother who was crazy about comics, the love for them had rubbed off on her, and she’d been quite a tomboy growing up. She was over her other boyish traits of playing football and climbing trees, but she still kept her interest in superheroes. She was impressed by his collection which was definitely larger than her brother’s own respectable library.

“This is utterly cool!” she was gushing, going through the lot like a kid in a candy store, confused which one she should look at first, and unaware of the way Raymond was watching her. He came to sit right next to her as she gazed down at the cover of a collector’s issue of a Batman illustrated novel.

“You have got to, absolutely got to loan me this,” she cried happily.

“You can have it. You can have anything,” he said, making her shiver as she suddenly realised how close to her he was, so close she could feel his breath on her bare neck. She turned the pages quickly, keeping her cool with effort.

“Um, just this one, I think.” She tried to edge away, but there was nowhere to go except through the wall. “I think I’d better be . . . ”

Going, she was about to say, turning to face him, only to be cut short as his lips landed wetly on hers. She was so shocked she was frozen for a few moments, till his hands came up to slide across her chest, making her jump to her feet as if electrocuted.

Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2009
Oops - looks like the anti-spam feature is going wild again cheesy. Hope my last post shows up again soon enough.

Hmmn, I'm really starting to like this coloured-font thingy. Might get used to it tongue smiley.
Re: Untitled by illusion2: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

Hmmn, I'm really starting to like this coloured-font thingy. Might get used to it tongue smiley.

Yeah,& it kinda suits u too sha. . . .just stating facts o ! Don't forget spacing & diff font faces too wink
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2009
^^^Don't encourage me grin!!! Once I start, it'll be hard to stop. But you're right though: purple does sort of suit me---- wink cheesy.
Re: Untitled by illusion2: 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

^^^Don't encourage me grin!!! Once I start, it'll be hard to stop. But you're right though: purple does sort of suit me---- wink cheesy.
. . wink
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 11:28pm On Sep 14, 2009
Okay, I'll try n hit u up tho' my YIM is acting freaky---people say I'm offline when I'm not - crap like that. Hope it works favourably 2night---!
Re: Untitled by illusion2: 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

Okay, I'll try n hit u up tho' my YIM is acting freaky---people say I'm offline when I'm not - crap like that. Hope it works favourably 2night---!
k,thanks wink
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 11:33pm On Sep 14, 2009

@ ravenzord----thanks for taking the time and looking in - even with your busy "My Thoughts. . ." thread. Your age bracket is 16 - 25?? Such wisdom for a chap your age wink.

@illusion2---- u' welcome wink.
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 9:29am On Sep 15, 2009
CHAPTER THREE

It was like walking on the moon. A week after the party and Tiara was falling deeper into her “thing” for Raymond. He loved her! He told her this every time he called (which was often), and never stopped telling her how beautiful and adorable she was. She turned into such an airhead that even her mother was fed up with her, rarely letting her into the kitchen because she always ended up burning the food with her absentmindedness.

He was all she talked about to her friends, which was just as annoying. She hardly noticed how glum Kessy seemed these days. Max had returned to school on Sunday, so the house was less fun, and Tiara had no one else to irritate with her lovesickness because her younger sisters were all under ten years old – what did they care about boys?

It was a week after the party that Raymond asked her out on a “date”. A visit to the cinema, no less. Kessy and Itoro came over to help her choose what to wear for the grand occasion. He was coming to pick her up at five thirty since the movie, an animation blockbuster, was to start at six.

“Some girls have all the fun,” Itoro muttered with longing, as she pinned up the last strand of Tiara’s long hair. Their friend looked extra pretty that evening; no t-shirt this time but a girlish little dress patterned all over with large coloured flowers.

“It’s just a movie, Itoro,” Tiara said offhandedly, though her heart hadn’t slowed and still beat with as much anticipation as it had ever since he’d told her about their date. She kept looking at the clock.

“Nevertheless, he is kind of rude,” Kessy said. “I mean, inviting just you. He could easily have asked us all along. I’ve been dying to see Ice Age.”

“Chill out, Kessy. Maybe next time I’ll tell him to get his friends and we could all have a blast. That is, if your boyfriend won’t mind,” she added teasingly.

Kessy grunted. “You mean Chima? After the way he acted at the party? It is so over.”

Both friends turned to her in surprise, but there was no time to prod her because the doorbell rang just then. All three dashed downstairs to find Raymond waiting at the door. He smiled in greeting to Tiara’s friends, before grabbing her hand. “We have to hurry, babe. The movie starts in half an hour. Nice to meet you girls.” He winked at Kessy and Itoro, who beamed in return, instantly forgetting their annoyance at him for excluding them – and now happy that they were left to babysit Tiara’s bratty younger sisters till her parents got back from work.

Raymond and Tiara were just in time for the starting credits, what with the Lagos traffic that delayed them beforehand. She was impressed that he’d got them VIP seats, which was almost empty because it was a weekday night. It was all very cosy and nice, sitting so close to the hunky Raymond who didn’t waste time in placing a possessive arm over her shoulder as they watched the funny movie.

She hoped her friends wouldn’t ask her what the film was all about tomorrow, because she’d be incapable of remembering a thing, too giddy to have Raymond by her side, ever attentive and affectionate, taking her hand and kissing it every few minutes, bringing heat to her already warm cheeks. He was such a charmer! This had to be the best night of her life, she told herself dreamily.

Time flew by so fast that too soon, the movie ended. They walked out hand in hand back to his car, still laughing from the funny ending to the film. “I knew you’d be great to hang out with,” he told her, unlocking the car and opening her door gallantly. “I never had so much fun at the movies.”

“Same here,” she said breathily, suddenly shivering in the cool night air as she squeezed past him and into the car. He shut the door and came in through his side. Now what, she wondered sadly, wishing the night wouldn’t end.

As if reading her mind, he tipped her chin up to look at him. “Hungry? We could grab a bite from Nando’s.”
His fingers on her skin were making her even more shy as she drew back from his touch. “I couldn’t eat a thing, trust me. I really stuffed myself on the popcorn and coke you got us for the movie.”

“Okay. Not hungry.” He seemed thoughtful. “So, should we go to my house? I’d like you to see my place, Tiara.”

He had a very appealing look on his face, but Tiara was somehow doubtful. “Come on, Ti. I promise to get you home on time. We’ll just relax, I’ll show you my comic book collection, ” He grinned, wriggling his eyebrows. “I remember you mentioning once you’re a Wolverine fan. I’ve got some cool vintage editions I could loan you.”
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 9:32am On Sep 15, 2009
CHAPTER THREE

It was like walking on the moon. A week after the party and Tiara was falling deeper into her “thing” for Raymond. He loved her! He told her this every time he called (which was often), and never stopped telling her how beautiful and adorable she was. She turned into such an airhead that even her mother was fed up with her, rarely letting her into the kitchen because she always ended up burning the food with her absentmindedness.

It was a week after the party that Raymond asked her out on a “date”. A visit to the cinema, no less. Kessy and Itoro came over to help her choose what to wear for the grand occasion. He was coming to pick her up at five thirty since the movie, an animation blockbuster, was to start at six.

“It’s just a movie, Itoro,” Tiara said offhandedly, though her heart hadn’t slowed and still beat with as much anticipation as it had ever since he’d told her about their date. She kept looking at the clock.

Time flew by so fast that too soon, the movie ended. They walked out hand in hand back to his car, still laughing from the funny ending to the film. “I knew you’d be great to hang out with,” he told her, unlocking the car and opening her door gallantly. “I never had so much fun at the movies.”

He had a very appealing look on his face, but Tiara was somehow doubtful. “Come on, Ti. I promise to get you home on time. We’ll just relax, I’ll show you my comic book collection, ” He grinned, wriggling his eyebrows. “I remember you mentioning once you’re a Wolverine fan. I’ve got some cool vintage editions I could loan you.”
Re: Untitled by illusion2: 9:37am On Sep 15, 2009
yee ! dis girl don fall o ! shocked shocked

Green Lantern ! really fond memories of my comic days. . . .nice one M wink
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 9:40am On Sep 15, 2009
thanks, @ill'2 cheesy (hope I can call you that wink LOL)

And hold on, she's not that easy. . . . .
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 9:41am On Sep 15, 2009
At last she nodded, smiling and wondering what she was reluctant about. Raymond was such a gent, and she was secretly dying to meet his family.

He got them there in good time, and Tiara found that it was a well built mansion surrounded by wrought iron gates. She tried not to seem too awed as, let into the paved grounds by a waving gate man, he drove them in. The beautiful house was surrounded by exquisitely tended gardens, which were lit up by the many lights dotting the sprawling compound. His family had to be loaded, she realised. And he acted so humble, you’d never guess.

Inside was even more palatial, with polished marble floors and more sitting rooms than Tiara’s house had bedrooms. “This is so cool,” she exclaimed, gazing into a gilded antique mirror that took up one whole wall of the room. “But where is every one?”

He undid the tie he’d worn for the occasion with a playful grimace, and she laughed. “Didn’t I mention it? My parents practically live abroad – only come home for Christmas or the odd family reunion. My elder sister is married and lives abroad too. My younger ones are at boarding school, and when they aren’t, they’re with my folks in U.S.”

“So, you mean you live here alone?” she asked in amazement and with just a tinge of inner conflict.

“Scary, I know,” he chuckled. “Such a big house. But it’s been six months since I moved back to the country so I’m getting used to it.” He saw her face and then took her hand with a gentle squeeze. “Relax, Tiara. I’m not going to eat you.” Yet, he added to himself, before pulling her out into the hallway where a wide, carpeted stairway wound up. “Let’s go check out my comic collection.”

Quelling her misgivings, she let out a calming sigh and went up the stairs with him. His room was a bit messy with clothes and left over food in take away packs here and there, but it was large and well furnished, with his very own plasma TV on the wall. He put it on first, and it was a video music channel.

“Excuse the mess,” he said apologetically, “I’m not much of a housekeeper. Check this out.” She went to his side, and found a whole stack of comic books lining one wall. There were like six racks and the comics were arranged in separate groups. “We’ve got DC here, and over here’s Marvel, Manga – what ever your pick.”

“Wow,” she cooed, flipping through a copy of Green Lantern. Thanks to having an elder brother who was crazy about comics, the love for them had rubbed off on her, and she’d been quite a tomboy growing up. She was over her other boyish traits of playing football and climbing trees, but she still kept her interest in superheroes. She was impressed by his collection which was definitely larger than her brother’s own respectable library.

“This is utterly cool!” she was gushing, going through the lot like a kid in a candy store, confused which one she should look at first, and unaware of the way Raymond was watching her. He came to sit right next to her as she gazed down at the cover of a collector’s issue of a Batman illustrated novel.

“You have got to, absolutely got to loan me this,” she cried happily.

“You can have it. You can have anything,” he said, making her shiver as she suddenly realised how close to her he was, so close she could feel his breath on her bare neck. She turned the pages quickly, keeping her cool with effort.

“Um, just this one, I think.” She tried to edge away, but there was nowhere to go except through the wall. “I think I’d better be . . . ”

Going, she was about to say, turning to face him, only to be cut short as his lips landed wetly on hers. She was so shocked she was frozen for a few moments, till his hands came up to slide across her chest, making her jump to her feet as if electrocuted.

Re: Untitled by illusion2: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2009
Whats happening ?. . . . .I tot u had posted the part where they got to Raymond's house?? Can't see it here again. . .must be the SPAM thingy  undecided
Re: Untitled by illusion2: 9:43am On Sep 15, 2009
maedan:

thanks, @ill'2 cheesy (hope I can call you that wink LOL)
call me whatever & pull my beard sef grin grin
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 9:46am On Sep 15, 2009
grin grin Cheeky!! grin grin
Re: Untitled by illusion2: 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2009
maedan:

grin grin Cheeky!!  grin grin
no more (chapter 4 nko). . . ?  undecided
Re: Untitled by maedan(f): 12:58am On Sep 17, 2009

@ ill2---- give a girl some time (wiping sweat from brow) cheesy. It's not as easy as it looks wink. I think I'll try and rustle something up tomorrow, hopefully wink.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

ANOTHER FLOWERBOY TALE (Perfect Addiction (18+) By Blezzed Abraham... / Chimamanda Adichie Covers Stylist Magazine With "We Should All Be Feminist”Shirt / Crushed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.