Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,629 members, 7,958,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:20 AM

A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group (15704 Views)

Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard / NJC Dismisses Four Petitions Against Justice Okon Abang / Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by dammytosh: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dear Tonye,

Develop a skill, then look for another job.

A Barcanista article on nairaland front page after 3 pages has just 2 likes and 2 shares.

How has the mighty fallen !!

Regards.
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by miqos02(m): 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
ok
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by Olukat(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Trash....

That's what you are good at "TRASH"
Any opinion that differs from your is tag Trash!
The real 'trash' is hidden in the actions or inaction of this scam called gov't.

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by otitokoroleti: 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]
Trash....
E pain am? lol, well am nt a fan of barcanista either
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by feedthenation(m): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
...Mr Tonye is always talking with both sides of his mouth.
He was one of the PDP supporters who acknowledged and appreciate the choosing of Modu Sheriff as interim chairman of PDP, by Fayose, Wike and Mimiko. Why is he dispaying his double-standard with this article.

To those people who are blaming APC, it is well known and on record that PDP leaders (Fayose, Wike, Mimiko et al), willingingly offerred the chairmanship position to Modu Sheriff, unfortunately, they have chosen a bigger bone to swallow.

I only hope PDP can get their acts together and provide a powerful opposition to APC, all these in-fightings will lead to the elimination of the party at the polls.

How can a PDP that is disorganised, provide effective leadership in the country...
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by blackpriest0911: 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
I believe PDP will win Edo in the dreamland
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by buksaylor001: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I am not a judge, I never overruled Abang, I only maintain that HE IS NOT AN APPELLATE JUDGE and his order is Null and void.

So is the Ngwa judge that issued the order not to swear in ,an appellate judge.That miscarriage of justice through the paid Ngwa man didn't hold water so you guys stuck to this one.

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
We Igbos support the Chairmanship Position of Senator Ali Modu Sheriff
That is a wonderful decision my sister, you Igbo have made the right decision. grin
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by bezimo(m): 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Well stated Tonye, please ignore this APC e- warriors who have lost every sense of rationality and assumed full time zombie role.

That so called Sherrif who is working to destabilise PDP has failed already. He should be banished and expelled from the party.He can join the lying liars APC party as that is were he belong.
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by Semper247(m): 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

This is what Sheriff wants

Oga bacanista, weren't u the one analyzing how suitable SAS was for the chairmanship position of PDP?

We're u not here exornerating and absorbing him of all allegations relating to boko haram?

Didn't u highlight how people were trying to robe him with boko haram scandal?

Were u not very excited how devastating the combo of sheriff and fayose will be to the rulling party?

So sheriff is no longer ur idol?
U are just as filthy a politician as the rest in that party.... Sorry if u take offence.

How narrow minded and irrational can u be to suggest sheriff is an apc mole in Pdp... SMH!

Are u to be taken serious? NO!

Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
Claroo:

Lemme clarify the above, the mere fact that an appeal or stay of execution is lodged does not implies that the ruling/judgment shall not be immediately enforceable. It is an application that will moved by the Applicant while the respondent has the right to Oppose the application for stay of execution. It is when the application is granted by the judge that the applicant wl enjoy the stay of execution.

However in criminal matters where the crime is a Capital Offence. A notice of appeal is automatically a bar to the enforcement of such Death Sentence irrespective of the fact that the Appeal has not been heard.
My learned friend, I respect your view in this matter but I also consulted with another learned friend who differs in opinion.

My argument is based on precedents (Peter Obi and Rasheed Ladoja both in 2006/7). And I am yet to see any situation that has led to immediate change of guards. You may elect to help me.

For the record I don't have any particular affiliation to Ikpeazu and Ogah. I'm only calling for the right thing to be done. if not that some people brought it up, I'm so much concerned with protection of the right of Edo people for now because Oshiomole is a failure

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by teepain: 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Just yesterday(30/06/2016), it was reported that a certain Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court(Abuja division) issued interlocutory injunction restraining INEC from recognising the PDP Edo State primary election conducted by the National Caretaker Committee led by Senator Ahmed Markafi that produced Pastor Ize Iyamu as duly elected candidate. In the same interim ruling, the so called judge also instructed INEC to recognise the arrangement that was organised by former party chairman Sen Ali Modu Sheriff and his friends.

AN ABSOLUTE IRRATIONAL RULING
In all sincerity, what kind of judgement is that? Which judge that knows his/her worth would give such a judgement when barely 24hours after another Judge Valentine Ashi of Abuja High Court had ruled that the 2014 PDP Constitution Amendment that Sheriff and his team were making claim of was illegal, null and void, and in violation of the Electoral Act? When did Justice Okon Abang of Federal High Court (Abuja) assume the power of a Superior court to Abuja High Court that it constitute himself into an Appeal body?
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/206099-court-sacks-modu-sheriff-pdp-chairman.html

Is Justice Abang not also aware that Justice A. M. Liman of the Federal High Court, Portharcourt has barred Sherriff from parading himself as Chairman of the party in May 24, 2016, and had fixed July 04, 2016 to rule on the suit brought to him by Sheriff to vacate the order? Is it not the ruling that prompted INEC to insist on recognising the legitimate mandate of Markafi led Caretaker Committee, and even went ahead to monitor the Edo Congress and primary by the party leadership?
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/court-bars-sheriff-as-pdp-chair-orders-recognition-of-markarfi-led-caretaker-committee/

It is unheard of in any democracy that an High Court Judge will arrogate an appeal privilege to himself to overrule the judgement of TWO courts of coordinate jurisdiction. Why do people flagrantly abuse the law? What is the rationality behind the order? Justice Okon should wait for his promotion to Appeal Court bench if he is so eager to be an appellate Judge on High Court Judges.

I trust INEC to confine the order into the next available trash can.

SHERIFF IS CHASING SHADOWS
It will be in the interest of democracy and the country for Senator Ali Modu Sheriff to wait for the July 4 verdict of the Federal High Court, Portharcourt, and to head to Court of Appeal to appeal the ruling of the Abuja High Court that barred him from parading himself as PDP National Chairman instead of chasing shadows by running to Justice Okon Abang that has NO POWER to overturn another High Court judgement in order to obtain a null and void judgement.

THE REAL PLOT OF ALI MODU SHERIFF
Like I did mention to a friend on Palmchat, I don't need a prophet to know that Ali Modu Sheriff is doing what he is doing in order to create anarchy within the camp of PDP Governorship candidate and the incoming Governor of Edo State, Pastor Ize Iyamu. One don't need a prophet to know that the plan of Sheriff is to see that INEC/Court disqualifies PDP from the election to provide an expressway to the would-be defeated APC unsellable candidate Godwin Obaseki and the outgoing Governor Adams Oshiomole(but it is dead on arrival)

Make no mistake, Sheriff is aware that the Electoral Act stipulates that party must inform INEC of their Primaries 21 days before the said date, and mandates INEC to monitor primary election of parties. It also mandates delegates to participate in the Primaries to elect flagbearers. Sheriff is very much aware that his camp did not meet ANY of the criteria spelt by the Electoral Act, and anything done by their group is as good as waste of time and resources. Hence, their scheme is to see that the law is manipulated to give their faction legitimacy, after which INEC will decline to field PDP candidate for not meeting criteria, and thereby allowing the APC a one way space. They will NEVER succeed.

...BUT TEAM IZE IYAMU AND EDO PEOPLE CAN'T BE BROKEN
However, it is my pleasure to inform Sheriff and his friends that apart from the fact that the great Edo people want NOBODY but Pastor Iyamu, the PDP led by Markafi enjoys every form of legitimacy, and the process that produced the pastor met every requirement of the Electoral Act. Hence, the plot to deny Edo people the opportunity to bring their leader to power in September is Dead on Arrival.

To God be the Glory, Edo people, Pastor Ize Iyamu, and PDP are in high spirit and shall never be broken. Edo shall make history to be the first state to Change the Change come September 2016. Power shall return to the people.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
God Bless Edo State and Edo People
TonyeBarcanista honestly you need to at least tender an apology for the initial post where you attempted to launder SAS image and where you declared that he was the Chairman that would lead PDP to Eldorado.

You can't blow hot and cold at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by DrOkoroafor(m): 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My learned friend, I respect your view in this matter but I also consulted with another learned friend who differs in opinion.

My argument is based on precedents (Peter Obi and Rasheed Ladoja both in 2006/7). And I am yet to see any situation that has led to immediate change of guards. You may elect to help me.

For the record I don't have any particular affiliation to Ikpeazu and Ogah. I'm only calling for the right thing to be done. if not that some people brought it up, I'm so much concerned with protection of the right of Edo people for now because Oshiomole is a failure<
An ugly failure indeed!

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by lailo: 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
tomakint:
It is becoming crystal clear that some machineries within the APC are hellbent to destabilize the camp of PDP just to dissuade them from the coming elections in Edo and Ondo but its a wasted effort already. Edo and Ondo already in PDP's bag.
Is it same machineries dat hypnotised selfish Fayose and Wike to beg Sheriff to become PDP chairman bcs they taught they would be VP in 2019.PDP is d one undoing itself.A house of greedy and bloodsucking politicians.Abia state own is another example.U can also say it's APC.But d last time I check both selfish Ikpeazu and Ogar are PDP members and d fraudilent election they are fighting on done by PDP......
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by Ahmeduana(m): 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]
Trash....
IS THAT ALL WHAT YOU GOT?
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by anonimi: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by amaechi1: 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

This is what Sheriff wants

Most people are here condemning sherrif. people seems to forget that Sherrif was on his own before PDP went to his house begging and finally pulled him out to come and rescue the party. I remember vividly that Olisa Metu categorically said that one of the reasons why they push him forward was that he has money to spend. The man has spent his money, after he has put down N500million. PDP wants him to just work away? More like a scam.
PDP una go hear am.
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
feedthenation:

...Mr Tonye is always talking with both sides of his mouth.
He was one of the PDP supporters who acknowledged and appreciate the choosing of Modu Sheriff as interim chairman of PDP, by Fayose, Wike and Mimiko. Why is he dispaying his double-standard with this article.

To those people who are blaming APC, it is well known and on record that PDP leaders (Fayose, Wike, Mimiko et al), willingingly offerred the chairmanship position to Modu Sheriff, unfortunately, they have chosen a bigger bone to swallow.

I only hope PDP can get their acts together and provide a powerful opposition to APC, all these in-fightings will lead to the elimination of the party at the polls.

How can a PDP that is disorganised, provide effective leadership in the country...

Yes, I supported SAS ascension for THREE months and I recognized his right to seek election into the office. What I am against is his plot to destabilize the party through the backdoor.
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by bloodkiller: 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Trash....
Ogbonna how far naa
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by henryuzor(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
Noneroone:
Okon abang is very controversial. He is notorious for handing down long sentences for crime. He nullified maigari's election and ordered the police boot him out of office which earned Nigeria fifa ban.
Think and comment sensibly please...The Judge was siting peacefully in his courtroom minding his own business,stupid politicians after fooling themselves; not being able to conduct election peacefully now brought the matter to his courtroom for him to judge,and after he passed judgement BASED ON THE EVIDENCE BROUGHT BEFORE HIM,you now open your gutter to call him controversial

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by henryuzor(m): 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Yes, I supported SAS ascension for THREE months and I recognized his right to seek election into the office. What I am against is his plot to destabilize the party through the backdoor.
So wetin come concern APC inside this matter
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by henryuzor(m): 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
teepain:

TonyeBarcanista honestly you need to at least tender an apology for the initial post where you attempted to launder SAS image and where you declared that he was the Chairman that would lead PDP to Eldorado.

This TonyeBarcanista of a guy is the most confused humanbeing I have ever seen
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by goodlifehyd(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Trash....
that word should be in capital letter so it could sink deeply into his skull, bunch of reta.rded confused things, I thought he wrote a super story to defend this same sherif when he was appointed
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
teepain:

Bros no vex but you know it was for the sake of Nigeria and the party at that time. Who would have known that SAS had his own plans?
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Just yesterday(30/06/2016), it was reported that a certain Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court(Abuja division) issued interlocutory injunction restraining INEC from recognising the PDP Edo State primary election conducted by the National Caretaker Committee led by Senator Ahmed Markafi that produced Pastor Ize Iyamu as duly elected candidate. In the same interim ruling, the so called judge also instructed INEC to recognise the arrangement that was organised by former party chairman Sen Ali Modu Sheriff and his friends.

AN ABSOLUTE IRRATIONAL RULING
In all sincerity, what kind of judgement is that? Which judge that knows his/her worth would give such a judgement when barely 24hours after another Judge Valentine Ashi of Abuja High Court had ruled that the 2014 PDP Constitution Amendment that Sheriff and his team were making claim of was illegal, null and void, and in violation of the Electoral Act? When did Justice Okon Abang of Federal High Court (Abuja) assume the power of a Superior court to Abuja High Court that it constitute himself into an Appeal body?
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/206099-court-sacks-modu-sheriff-pdp-chairman.html

Is Justice Abang not also aware that Justice A. M. Liman of the Federal High Court, Portharcourt has barred Sherriff from parading himself as Chairman of the party in May 24, 2016, and had fixed July 04, 2016 to rule on the suit brought to him by Sheriff to vacate the order? Is it not the ruling that prompted INEC to insist on recognising the legitimate mandate of Markafi led Caretaker Committee, and even went ahead to monitor the Edo Congress and primary by the party leadership?
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/court-bars-sheriff-as-pdp-chair-orders-recognition-of-markarfi-led-caretaker-committee/

It is unheard of in any democracy that an High Court Judge will arrogate an appeal privilege to himself to overrule the judgement of TWO courts of coordinate jurisdiction. Why do people flagrantly abuse the law? What is the rationality behind the order? Justice Okon should wait for his promotion to Appeal Court bench if he is so eager to be an appellate Judge on High Court Judges.

I trust INEC to confine the order into the next available trash can.

SHERIFF IS CHASING SHADOWS
It will be in the interest of democracy and the country for Senator Ali Modu Sheriff to wait for the July 4 verdict of the Federal High Court, Portharcourt, and to head to Court of Appeal to appeal the ruling of the Abuja High Court that barred him from parading himself as PDP National Chairman instead of chasing shadows by running to Justice Okon Abang that has NO POWER to overturn another High Court judgement in order to obtain a null and void judgement.

THE REAL PLOT OF ALI MODU SHERIFF
Like I did mention to a friend on Palmchat, I don't need a prophet to know that Ali Modu Sheriff is doing what he is doing in order to create anarchy within the camp of PDP Governorship candidate and the incoming Governor of Edo State, Pastor Ize Iyamu. One don't need a prophet to know that the plan of Sheriff is to see that INEC/Court disqualifies PDP from the election to provide an expressway to the would-be defeated APC unsellable candidate Godwin Obaseki and the outgoing Governor Adams Oshiomole(but it is dead on arrival)

Make no mistake, Sheriff is aware that the Electoral Act stipulates that party must inform INEC of their Primaries 21 days before the said date, and mandates INEC to monitor primary election of parties. It also mandates delegates to participate in the Primaries to elect flagbearers. Sheriff is very much aware that his camp did not meet ANY of the criteria spelt by the Electoral Act, and anything done by their group is as good as waste of time and resources. Hence, their scheme is to see that the law is manipulated to give their faction legitimacy, after which INEC will decline to field PDP candidate for not meeting criteria, and thereby allowing the APC a one way space. They will NEVER succeed.

...BUT TEAM IZE IYAMU AND EDO PEOPLE CAN'T BE BROKEN
However, it is my pleasure to inform Sheriff and his friends that apart from the fact that the great Edo people want NOBODY but Pastor Iyamu, the PDP led by Markafi enjoys every form of legitimacy, and the process that produced the pastor met every requirement of the Electoral Act. Hence, the plot to deny Edo people the opportunity to bring their leader to power in September is Dead on Arrival.

To God be the Glory, Edo people, Pastor Ize Iyamu, and PDP are in high spirit and shall never be broken. Edo shall make history to be the first state to Change the Change come September 2016. Power shall return to the people.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
God Bless Edo State and Edo People
this was the same way you campaigned for the ineffectual buffon.At the end of the day, he lost.You have started your nairaland propaganda again.
by the way, who told you the edo people are tired of APC? You need to be on the ground and sample the opinion of the people.
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
henryuzor:

So wetin come concern APC inside this matter
We have every cause to believe that APC is behind this SAS madness, and Justice Abang is pro APC
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by bashydemy1: 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The issue of Abia state is no issue at all. Justice Okon gave his order but Governor Ikpeazu has 21 days to Appeal. Supreme Court had ruled that once an Appeal and stay of execution is lodged, status quo be maintained pending the outcome of the suit. The Governor still has the privilege of both the Appellate and Apex courts.

The issue of Edo is very important my brother
Bro there is no any 21 days in this kind of case, the 21 days only appeal to a tribunal ruling in a case of election malpractices . But this is a High Court verdict which normally take effect..

Let me ask you this, If an High court jail someone and he want to appeal will he be walking free?
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by engineerboat(m): 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
It is getting more clearer day by day the power play from APC and who sheriff is working for.

Sheriff that claim to be working for PDP na by force.

We know wnat you goooooooooooo
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by bashydemy1: 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

The federal high court is a lower court, once a case is appealed, the status quo remains until determination of the case and then to the supreme court, that how its meant to be.. common sense!
Really? even if it's a Murder case and High jail the person and he appeal?
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by bashydemy1: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
erunz:
Mimiko is loved by all in ondo state and I trust him to deliver his state to PDP. We should always tell ourselves the truth, it's shouldn't have to be politics all the time, Ikpeazu still have time to appeal the court judgement which he has already done, instead of inec to wait till the appeal is heard, they went ahead to issue certificate of return to Ogah. with all this, my fear is that this inec can never conduct a free and fair election in Nigeria.
The same way Mimiko deliever his state to PDP during 2015 General election?
Re: A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
bashydemy1:
Bro there is no any 21 days in this kind of case, the 21 days only appeal to a tribunal ruling in a case of election malpractices . But this is a High Court verdict which normally take effect..

Let me ask you this, If an High court jail someone and he want to appeal will he be walking free?
Bros this is not a criminal case. Has there been any precedent or any known law to back your claim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Leaders Angry Over Jonathan’s Silence As Crisis Rocks Party / Troops Rotate Soldiers, Allows Those Who've Spent 6month At War Unite Wit Family / I Have Learnt From My Mistakes, 2017 Will Be Trophy-laden - Dalung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.