Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:50 AM

FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses (21375 Views)

Death Of Tompolo’s Father Threatens Ceasefire In Niger Delta / FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In N-delta Collapses / Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by falconey(m): 12:01am On Jul 04, 2016
As Avengers blow up NNPC, Chevron, NPDC oil facilities

Ijaw group blames Buhari; others fault Okowa’s meeting with stakeholders

By Emma Amaize, Regional Editor, South South, Egufe Yafugborhi & Perez Brisibe

WARRI—THE temporary cessation of hostilities in the Niger Delta region broke down, weekend, as Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, blew up five oil and gas installations following its displeasure with the manner the Federal Government was managing and breaching the peace process.

A source disclosed that as far as Niger Delta Avengers was concerned, the Federal Government was not serious about peace in the region, as it had said nothing concrete about its planned dialogue with stakeholders and was breaching the warning by the militant group not to repair damaged pipelines while the window for negotiations was open.

The militant group did not give any reason why it started fresh attacks, but confirmed in several tweets on its twitter handle that it blew up five different crude oil trunk lines and wells belonging to Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Chevron Nigeria Limited, and Nigeria Petroleum Development Company, NPDC in Delta State.

Reacting to the resumption of hostilities, yesterday, the Ijaw Youth Council, IYC, described same as regrettable, but criticized President Muhammadu Buhari, who it said did not take any practical step toward addressing the issues since he returned from his medical trip abroad.

Meanwhile, a new group in the region, Niger Delta Movement for Socio-Economy Inclusion, NDMSEI, yesterday, picked holes in the recent stakeholders meeting organised by the Delta State governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, saying that the meeting failed to address key issues affecting the ethnic nationalities in the region.

Avengers confirmed on it twitter handle that it bombed two major NNPC crude oil trunk lines to Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company, WRPC, Warri, on Friday at 9.15 p.m., adding: “At 11:26p.m., on Saturday @Niger Delta Avengers blew up two NPDC major crude trunk lines close to Batan flow station in Delta State.”

The group stated: “At 11:26p.m., on Saturday @Niger Delta Avengers blew up two NPDC major crude trunk lines close to Batan flow station in Delta State and at 1:15a.m., on Sunday @Niger Delta Avengers blew up two major Chevron Oil Wells. Well 7 and Well 8, close to Abiteye flow station in Delta State.” Congratulating its fighters for a good job, it said in yet another tweet: “All five operations were carried out by @Niger Delta Avengers strike team.”

A security source, who corroborated attacks, told Vanguard that Chevron officials were already aware and would visit the attacked facilities in some hours to ascertain the extent of damage done to them.

FG not ready— Source

On the renewed attacks, ex-militant leader told Vanguard: “After reviewing the Federal Government’s position since the expiration of its two-week ceasefire, it was obvious that President Buhari on return from his short vacation in London was not interested in meeting the demands of the Niger Delta Avengers and other militants.

“He merely appealed to the militants in the name of God to stop the bombings, which was suspended even before he left for his vacation. He did not put anything on the table, said nothing about the expired ceasefire or way forward on the dialogue, which his Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Emmanuel Kachikwu, had gone round talking to stakeholders about.

“What is clear is that the Federal Government is only bidding for time, while the Joint Task Force, JTF, in the Niger Delta, “Operation Pulo Shield” was disbanded and replaced with “Operation Delta Safe”, the Department of State Services, DSS, on its part is framing up members of the Niger Delta Avengers,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/fg-militants-ceasefire-n-delta-collapses/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by jlinkd78(m): 12:02am On Jul 04, 2016
Simple negotiations turned out yet inconclusive. Methinks d FG is being smart by half here as their main line of reasoning seems to be to hold d NDA at bay pretending to be planning to negotiate with them while discreetly unleashing d Security Agents after them when their guards are down and then arresting them as criminals in addition to creating divide & rule situation in their camps. This d NDA guys, who have always posited that they are young and very intelligent, appear to be having upper hand. The manner in which these guys carry out these coordinated attacks shows they are actually sophisticated and knows their onions in this struggle very well. The DSS has been challenged to parade d suspects they claimed were mbrs of d Avengers to reporters. U can't claim to have arrested d militants when they offered a window of truce/cease fire and expect hostilities not to resume for them to counter Ur lies. For me this propaganda by d DSS was d immediate cause for d resumption of attacks with 5 major oil trunk lines within 24hrs .Same way they will arrest d IPOB in their bedrooms in d midnight and charge them to be on their way to bomb computer village. Cronyism and Nepotism as currently practised by d FG will definitely be archived into d golden book of remembrance for this adminstration and will surely be bookmarked. The FG must be reminded at this juncture that d Avengers are not interested in financial settlement but have their 10 point demands listed on their website which includes but not limited to d unconditional release of one innocent 5%man. Ka udo chia

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by SeverusSnape(m): 12:04am On Jul 04, 2016
Shame... There's nothing this government has been able to handle correctly.
I think Yaradua should be exhumed from his tomb, His brain (I hope it's intact grin) removed and inserted into Buhari's skull. Buhari is still operating on version 2.1 analogue brain.

138 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by falconey(m): 12:04am On Jul 04, 2016
God save this country

its my BIRTHDAY GUYS..........

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

check out my signature

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by madridguy(m): 12:06am On Jul 04, 2016
NDA boys again? Wahala dey oooo
Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by SeverusSnape(m): 12:07am On Jul 04, 2016
falconey:
God save this country

Severus=Snape
Amen!
Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by mesoprogress(m): 12:10am On Jul 04, 2016
Government is definitely not serious. Buhari is also not showing any seriousness. His body language by sacking southern officers and installing northern muslim officers is disheartening to any southerner. The only way to stem these bombing is by granting regions partial autonomy. Scotland in the UK have their own parliament with a first minister. Let's try a decentralized government. Any region that decides to destroy their economy will then suffer consequences

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 04, 2016
Has fg started cleanup of the oil polluted communities in Niger delta or it was just a media propaganda?

22 Likes

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by Flexherbal(m): 12:20am On Jul 04, 2016
This is part 2. Only God can save us, all.

1 Like

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by BusinessHub1: 12:24am On Jul 04, 2016
AntiWailer:
What about third mainland.

It is 2nd July already ooo
Are u done?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by Vendoor(f): 12:30am On Jul 04, 2016
Government is definitely not serious. Buhari is also not showing any seriousness. His body language by sacking southern officers and installing northern muslim officers is disheartening to any southerner. The only way to stem these bombing is by granting regions partial autonomy. Scotland in the UK have their own parliament with a first minister. Let's try a decentralized government. Any region that decides to destroy their economy will then suffer consequences

TRUE FEDERALISM cheesy

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by CrazyG: 12:39am On Jul 04, 2016
Let the dance continue!.....This Govt and their lackadaisical attitudes towards progress in the Niger Delta....if it is to harass and intimidate opposition now all their power will show forth...Bunch of Sadducees and Pharisees!!!

23 Likes

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by Amberon: 3:09am On Jul 04, 2016
OR ZERO ECONOMY grin grin
Vendoor:

TRUE FEDERALISM cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by MRSALT: 3:25am On Jul 04, 2016
SeverusSnape:
I think Yaradua should be exhumed from his tomb, His brain (I hope it's intact grin) removed and inserted into Buhari's skull. Buhari is still operating on version 2.1 analogue brain.
What about the fifth columnists who will give expert opinion on why it is not good to negotiate with the militants? Some of them are here in Nairaland. Nigeria is full of idealists. We are lacking pragmatists in the government.

2 Likes

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by TheNewIbadan: 3:25am On Jul 04, 2016
[size=18pt]Was there ceasefire before?

Just here to see which tout would blame Yorubas.[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by emmasege: 4:05am On Jul 04, 2016
Buhari is deaf to any voice of reasoning or how does one explain the ethnic cleansing of southerners and Christians in the MDAs in the face of Niger Delta crisis? You want peace in the region and yet you keep promoting northernisation & islamization of Nigeria. You don't trust or like me but then you want to pluck oranges from my father's yard. Only a bastard will accede to such request.

If Dullard.in.ho truly wants peace, he should see that region as his favourite among all the regions. Not even the north where he comes from or my own region where his VP comes from. He should also forgive & forget about the past corrupt practices in the overall interest of the nation. He should start the rebuilding process. No nation or individual moves forward by channelling the greatest part of his energy towards blaming the past. The reason why Nigeria has not made remarkable progress under him is due to this very poor disposition of his and resentment towards his perceived enemies.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 04, 2016
What is the issue here nau?
If this people are bent om waking 'hell', why are we soliciting peace?
What do they want? Secession? Sovereignty? What,what

I think its time they are given a referendum please. Bomb today, tomorrow and next ha!
Hin no dey tire you?

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere

1 Like

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by aariwa(m): 5:11am On Jul 04, 2016
The shock of the first bombing took Buhari to London for treatment.I wonder what the shock of the simultaneous bombing of 5 facilities would do to his health now

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by Beadex1(m): 5:38am On Jul 04, 2016
Didn't expect this present FG To achieve any tangible thing because good news doesn't exist in their change mantra. A situation you have more tribes working in a place more than the host state Is absolutely wrong .Example Is Mobil platform Eket , can imagine that more 70 percent of the people working ther are either Hausa or Yoruba. OBJ came in grounded EPZ just in order To make Lagos the only route for importation and exportation. The capital of Nigeria was hurriedly moved from calabar To Lagos after the necessary development ther it was later moved To Abuja and its a matter of time before it Is been moved To Borno state right before our very own eyes. The Niger deltas are the inferiors and unintelligent according To them but the time To take the bull by its horn has come.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by LilTroy: 6:17am On Jul 04, 2016
Nigeria became local government under Buhari

1 Like

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:17am On Jul 04, 2016
Militants shud not stop bombing since that is the only seapon they seem to ve! Let's see who suffers! FG seem to be adjusting well and Nigerians re nolonger put on edge with news of pipeline bomb blast. Pipeline bomblast re news gone stale now.

5 Likes

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by ba7man(m): 6:19am On Jul 04, 2016
These bombings are getting boring. undecided

People ain't panicking again at the news.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:22am On Jul 04, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Are u frm Delta state! Wetin concern u? As far as I m concern the bombings ve lost relevance! With or without the bombing my state is surviving! The state is paying its workers! My state is one of the few states that can survive without FG allocation. Any militant bring bomb to my state all Ijaws will be sent back to bayelsa. So stay cool and let's watch who suffers at the end of it all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:23am On Jul 04, 2016
ba7man:
These bombings are getting boring. undecided

People ain't panicking again at the news.
Exactly my point! They ve lost relevance!

2 Likes

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by SeverusSnape(m): 6:23am On Jul 04, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Are u frm Delta state! Wetin concern u?
Well, I'm from the Niger Delta. Are you from Niger Delta?

11 Likes

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Well, I'm from the Niger Delta. Are you from Niger Delta?
See am! He must alws lie! SE calling himself NG! Doesn't even sound well frm u! Continue to deceive ursef.

3 Likes

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by Dandsome: 6:36am On Jul 04, 2016
I'm very very disappointed..

However, not with the FG, but with the people who thought in the first place that this administration has something to offer

1 Like

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by MrEverest(m): 6:45am On Jul 04, 2016
UN should step in now & do the needful already, its either they help balkanize this contraption or immediately start food aid programme by airlifting food to Nigeria! I forsee chaos and anarchy if nothing urgent is done. I can afford to eat very well & solve basic needs but I dont feel safe anymore when I see the level of hunger in the streets. Few days back, my office was burgled & laptops & other valuebles were carted away! I had to fortify my burglary proof on the roof, doors & windows because I know its desperate act by hungry people & it would get worse. Buhari is a mistake Nigerians will continue to regret. Nigerians are too divided to push for a revolution but it will happen through other means like kidnapping, robbery, assasinations etc. The cloud is gathering already!!!

7 Likes

Re: FG, Militants’ Ceasefire In Niger Delta Collapses by SeverusSnape(m): 6:45am On Jul 04, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
See am! He must alws lie! SE calling himself NG! Doesn't even sound well frm u! Continue to deceive ursef.
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin

say "Amen" to this prayer.

[size=14pt]If I'm not from the Niger Delta, may Allah punish me and all my wishes and heart desires not granted.

If I am from the Delta, May Allah punish you and your generations, may all your heart desires not granted.[/size] Please say Amen.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salary Arrears: Gov Bello Makes U-turn, Insists He's Not Owing Workers' Salaries / What Is The Good Job Of Buhari? - Wike Blasts APC Presidential Aspirants (Video) / Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.