Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria (35416 Views)

What Certification Course Can A Microbiologist Do? / Microbiologist And Their Laboratories / Where Are The Great Microbiologist And Their Jobs: Advice,ideas And Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria by dukeprince50: 10:55am On Mar 10, 2019
Nurrex:
That's a lie ooo. There are many unemployed agric graduate around.
any agric student looking for employment did not go to school.
unlike many other courses, agric is one of d only courses that teaches self employment.
Re: Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 10, 2019
dukeprince50:
any agric student looking for employment did not go to school.
unlike many other courses, agric is one of d only courses that teaches self employment.
That's it, self employment. The capital is the main thing. It isn't a must you have degree in agriculture for you to be self employed, everything is now online, training, expect advice and supervision etc, if you have the capital you can easily employ agric student to do the job, whereas there are many Agric graduate who the need capital. I was previously an agric student for a year, I had to change, I know agric graduates who needs capital and couldn't get Government job nor loan.
Re: Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria by Marvelousmamuse: 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
pls naira landers those it mean this microbiology is that useless??and its d only option I have for now pls sud I go for industrial chemistry instead??
Re: Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria by phillippians(m): 9:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
Theflint1:
It would really be a good idea if we can have a thread for microbiology students where we discuss ideas, job opportunities and potentials of our wonderful discipline. I must get paid in $$ from this course!
I have a first degree B.Sc Microbiology, currently working in a hospital, fresh graduate, am underemployed if u know what I mean (When hospital employ you cos they can't pay a Med. Lab scientist) some of my colleagues have gone back to school to study pharmacy but instead of me to go back to school to study pharmacy with another 4 years plus, I rather apply for DE medicine and surgery. Let me know what am suffering for. Please does anyone know how I get into Medicine, Unilag precisely? Am from Edo state, heard Unilag discriminates alot against non-indigene. My number is 08100254826, whatapp message is allowed.
Re: Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria by flexyrule(m): 10:03am On Nov 04, 2019
dtruseeker:
I have HND in microbiology/virology. I applied for membership in NISLT I got registered as a licensed associate member of the institute finally I got a job in a general hospital as a laboratory technologist.
Hi. I have a friend who would want to connect with you, so as to get information on how to go about the registration for memebership into the NISLT. I sent you a PM.
Re: Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria by Mrgreatness(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
flexyrule:
Hi. I have a friend who would want to connect with you, so as to get information on how to go about the registration for memebership into the NISLT. I sent you a PM.
plz I want to b certified by NISLT
I studied chemistry in school
Re: Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria by BlackSheep10: 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
olu4life:

Correct. And also for you to work in a medical organization as a microbiologist, you have to be licensed under the association of medical lab warefa.

On graduating, had this challenge and took it upon myself to join no matter what. Made enquiries at the office in Yaba, was told they no longer allow microbiologist to obtain the license easily again. That i have to go to a school that has medical lab science as a course and register for a two year program before i can be licensed.

Guess what? That was the end of the road for anything related to microbiology in my life. Now working as an IT Expert in the telecom sector. Never regretted a bit.

If you have serious passion for it, go for it. But the sector that is a bit easier to work with as a microbiologist is the food sector. Work in the capacity of a Quality Assurance/Control.

#My2Cent

destinkoko has even broken it down and they are facts

Good evening. I am currently at a crossroad right now and I believe your experience as microbiology graduate and a working IT professional, you are good to help me out. I am to choose between microbiology, physics electronic, biochemistry, chemistry, environment biology for my HND option and I am confused because I have to put God first and also consider the Nigeria situation with unemployment. My focus are microbiology or physics electronic. please which would you advice. I sent an email already.
Re: Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria by BunmilaraR(f): 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2021
aii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Things You Should Never Include On Your ResumÄ› / Economic Hardship: Wema Bank Announces Salary Increment For Staff / PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.