Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

10 Interesting Facts About Delta State - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (55103 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by chrisnero(m): 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
Deltans are very friendly and accomodating, I spent my last weekend at ASABA, I enjoyed my stay there but those folks like flexing die, I was At GAGAS till 1:00pm, later went to Y2K. Oboy see crowd for nite like say na crusade. Social life in Asaba was fun

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
Elumelu:
People fail to acknowledge one fact about James Onanefe Ibori. During his time as governor, he is the most efficient and detribalised governor. He is the one gov. that has developed his state equally. What he did in asaba he was doing in warri, agbor, ughelli, sapele, obiaroko and his genius to link all communities and villages to the major towns. His developmental stride ranges from road to electricity, good pipe borne water, health, schools, busary and scholarship for students at all level, to mention but a few.
James Onanefe Ibori has remained one good thing that has happened to Delta state since it's inception and I will challenge anyone to compare the transformation he did in all the cities, towns and villages in delta to any of his contemporaries who just concentrate on their capital.
Can say much cos my eyes are heavy for a true leader whom the hands of the West in collabo with some unseen hands have forced my leader to flee a state he built single handed. Long live Delta State! Long live Ibori.

Very true bro. Ibori is a detribalised Deltan and he is still the best thing to have happened to Delta State.

It's so sad that the other governors after him, including Okowa, have refused to open their eyes and do the needful. Delta needs help and we need it fast!

When I first arrived at Uyo and Calabar, I almost wept for my state. These places are not at their peak/best yet but they make the whole Delta State look like one big village. Thank God for Ibori, at least for the little infrastructure we have.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

I guess you mean Okpe. If so, be rest assured that Okpe is Urhobo, no matter what you may have heard. Even Isoko is arguably Urhobo but they have asserted their difference which is cool. Isoko is a different language, just like Okpe, Uvwie and Erhowa. However, they are all culturally Urhobos because they have the same World View. But in other to let sleeping dogs lie, let's just say Isoko is different from Urhobo. This cannot be said for Okpe as they are officially, politically, culturally and geographically Urhobos, no arguments!
you are busy protecting your urhobo ethnic group and at the same time telling those who care to listen that many delta Igbos dont see themselves as Igbos. Even a foreigner would notice the ethnic sentiment which you couldnt hide.

Igbophobia will kill you guys

5 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
Noneroone:
you are busy protecting your urhobo ethnic group and at the same time telling those who care to listen that many delta Igbos dont see themselves as Igbos. Even a foreigner would notice the ethnic sentiment which you couldnt hide.

Hian! Nawao. Wetin bring Igbo come this thread now?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
Noneroone:

"Delta Igbos don't see themselves as Igbos"; How is this an Igbophobic statement??

Did I lie against them? Or Did I say they hate Igbos?

Choi.! Nigerians sha.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

fratermathy did!

Please stop that its a sign of inferiority complex
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ughelli were I was born and brought up.

I greet the op, I greet everybody. Una doooh oooooooo.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Fantastic2m(m): 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
Noneroone:
fratermathy did!

Please stop that its a sign of inferiority complex

Yes...
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by djlaqua91(m): 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
Fantastic2m:

Actually the OP wrote on the major places
U know the other areas not featured..

Yeah I know. Was just a suggestion.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by greatness22(m): 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jamean:

boma do! cheesy tongue
grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by CioAngels(f): 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

By Mathias Orhero (literarymathy[at]gmail.com)
Mathias, you are great and a history/geography major. Weldone. I guess you were already tied you could not go through other great mornarchs of delta, like the dein of agbor, kiagboekuzi, okpalaukwus and many others. Mathias, i appreciate you. Thank you.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by greatness22(m): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
oweniwe:

Proudly Delta Careers ...!!..

I sat for JAMB at Dom Domingos.... Never seen any School with more classroom blocks in Delta state.
grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by gevans(m): 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:
Migwo! nothing do you. grin
vreedo hw end be?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by holocron: 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Elumelu:
People fail to acknowledge one fact about James Onanefe Ibori. During his time as governor, he is the most efficient and detribalised governor. He is the one gov. that has developed his state equally. What he did in asaba he was doing in warri, agbor, ughelli, sapele, obiaroko and his genius to link all communities and villages to the major towns. His developmental stride ranges from road to electricity, good pipe borne water, health, schools, busary and scholarship for students at all level, to mention but a few.
James Onanefe Ibori has remained one good thing that has happened to Delta state since it's inception and I will challenge anyone to compare the transformation he did in all the cities, towns and villages in delta to any of his contemporaries who just concentrate on their capital.
Can say much cos my eyes are heavy for a true leader whom the hands of the West in collabo with some unseen hands have forced my leader to flee a state he built single handed. Long live Delta State! Long live Ibori.

I concur.

In mark anthony's voice:"Only just yesterday, the word of Ibori might have stood against the whole world. But here lies he here today, and none so poor as to do him reverence. O masters! If I were disposed to move your hearts and minds to mutiny and rage, I would do brutus wrong, and cassius wrong, who you all know as honourable men. Rather, I choose to wrong myself and you; than that I should wrong such honourable men!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
gevans:

vreedo hw end be?
E balance.. How ya side?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
zuchyblink:
Anioma means ''good land'' in what language biko nu?

In Anioma language.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by aspirebig: 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
I am here just to read ...

I will be back...
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by DifferentBoy1(m): 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
I like that state.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by pedrilo: 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
i luv dis state die! though am from edo, i love delta more than my own state including the people, food, and towns
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

Bros don't mind those sick people. That was how one was saying all ND tribes are ibo undecided can you just imagine that BS? Such despiration.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by experimentist: 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:
My guy nothing do you. Their food and women na the best no time just grooving, na that banga soup and one other soup like that naim give me inspiration pass. grin

One hotel like that for asaba naim i frequent pass, big brezz and heavy yansh all i saw, i chop kpomo sotey preek nor fit raise head again.

I also frequent their city mall, golden tulip hotel and inside uvwie, i no too reach that agbor side, Delta girl sweet abeg. cheesy
gringringrin O boy you don flex well o. Next time try go Sapele, e get one river wey be like beach, you go waffy(warri girls) and saffy(sapele girls) babes wella. Dem like prick well well.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

"Delta Igbos don't see themselves as Igbos"; How is this an Igbophobic statement??

Did I lie against them? Or Did I say they hate Igbos?

Choi.! Nigerians sha.
dont even patrionize people with your sanctimonious exclamations. What value does the unsubstantiated and highly subjective statement that 'Delta Igbos dont see themselves as Igbos' add to the ethnic composition of Delta state?

Why didnt you make such explanations across board to cover groups that are even less homogenious than Anioma like Urhobo if u meant to be objective and not to mildly score some Igbophobic points?

Urhobo is highly fragmented, so are the rest, isoko has claimed seperate group, some isoko clans even claim Igbo origin. These are what people should learn too if you must talk about how the people see themselves and not solely the instigation of Igbo disunity propelled by the urge to dispel the fear of Igbo dominance.

If you are an aspiring writer i sincerely wish you good luck but do away with emotions 'cos Nigerian mentality is capable of ruining your career.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by CioAngels(f): 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:
I stayed in delta for quite sometime, though i didn't visit every hook and cranny, but, i must say your article is so aptly written and portrays theDeltans.

They are so funny ,so damn friendly and warm, i've never seen such kind of people in my movement around Nigeria.

Their folks and drinks are like 5&6, turn-up/grooving for them is just nothing.

And 70% of their women tend to have heavy yansh or huge brezz (so thick), they so welcoming but they drink alot, giving em protruding tummies - like 40%. Some of em have this mean INoWonVex face with feist beauty (kinda stuff i like).

I really enjoyed my stay there especially with their thick women (can't forget rukky and temisa cheesy) and their brain busting food, but, their govt no won make the place improve atal (such nice people cursed with bad leaders) pathetic.

Too all the peace-loving deltans in the house mehn, so much love from me.
Thank you. You are very right, deltans are blessed with fantastically stealing leaders from 1999 to date. How i wish all of them will end up in jail like ibori. A very rich state with her citizens dying of hunger.May all the deities in delta pursue all the past and present leaders.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
The hate on Asaba and Enuani people for retaining their Igbo identity and refusing to wallow in Igbo denial is real here.
See wailings from peeps.
Ukwuani is being patted at the back for their perceived anti Igbo stance, with mischievous folks suggesting that an Ukwuani capital would have been more tolerable to them than an Igbo Asaba capital. Well, thank God man is not God. Enuani held unto their identity and Chukwu abiama blessed them beyond human envy, that not only do they host the capital city of Delta, they have the highest number and quality of human resources in Delta state.

Let me tell you, Asaba is going to become more Igbo in the next decade, as Onitsha is greatly expanding to become one city with Asaba. More and More Igbos from the East are moving into Asaba, and we had since relocated the nollywood from Enugu to Asaba and Asaba is getting better for it. The influx of Igbotraders from Onitsha to Asaba, as well well as industrialists, have seen the value of real estate in Asaba skyrocket, and it can only get better. Many Onitsha traders, business men and bankers now live in Asaba and work in Onitsha.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
experimentist:
gringringrin O boy you don flex well o. Next time try go Sapele, e get one river wey be like beach, you go waffy(warri girls) and saffy(sapele girls) babes wella. Dem like prick well well.
Guy enjoyment that period nor be here, 98% girls i knack nor be olosho o, na just turn up. cheesy I nor too move sapele because i nor to get bizz there.

When next i visit sha, and i go like settle with their women one day o, so that the fun no go ever die. How u c am? grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
CioAngels:
Mathias, you are great and a history/geography major. Weldone. I guess you were already tied you could not go through other great mornarchs of delta, like the dein of agbor, kiagboekuzi, okpalaukwus and many others. Mathias, i appreciate you. Thank you.

Now that you've added them, isn't it well?
No man is omniscient. I work with what I know.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 8:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
Noneroone:
dont even patrionize people with your sanctimonious exclamations. What value does the unsubstantiated and highly subjective statement that 'Delta Igbos dont see themselves as Igbos' add to the ethnic composition of Delta state?

Why didnt you make such explanations across board to cover groups that are even less homogenious than Anioma like Urhobo if u meant to be objective and not to mildly score some Igbophobic points?

Urhobo is highly fragmented, so are the rest, isoko has claimed seperate group, some isoko clans even claim Igbo origin. These are what people should learn too if you must talk about how the people see themselves and not solely the instigation of Igbo disunity propelled by the urge to dispel the fear of Igbo dominance.

If you are an aspiring writer i sincerely wish you good luck but do away with emotions 'cos Nigerian mentality is capable of ruining your career.

Firstly, I am not an aspiring writer (whatever you mean by that).

Secondly, I don't give a rat's ass about Igbos or what any group calls themselves. I only stated my facts from my own point of view. I am not trying to appeal to anyone or any group. If anybody doesn't like it, they can gerrout for all I care.! As far as I am concerned, I stated reality and if you are in doubts, reread that segment of my post again.

Truth, whether you like it or not, cannot long be hidden and the truth here is simple: Delta "Igbos" don't like being called Igbos! This statement has not made any stance or cast any aspersions.

Finally, if you have nothing better to say than to sow ethnic discord, please visit the politics sections and troll on... Sir undecided!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:
The hate on Asaba and Enuani people for retaining their Igbo identity and refusing to wallow in Igbo denial is real here.
See wailings from peeps.
Ukwuani is being patted at the back for their perceived anti Igbo stance, with mischievous folks suggesting that an Ukwuani capital would have been more tolerable to them than an Igbo Asaba capital. Well, thank God man is not God. Enuani held unto their identity and Chukwu abiama blessed them beyond human envy, that not only do they host the capital city of Delta, they have the highest number and quality of human resources in Delta state.

Let me tell you, Asaba is going to become more Igbo in the next decade, as Onitsha is greatly expanding to become one city with Asaba. More and More Igbos from the East are moving into Asaba, and we had since relocated the nollywood from Enugu to Asaba and Asaba is getting better for it. The influx of Igbotraders from Onitsha to Asaba, as well well as industrialists, have seen the value of real estate in Asaba skyrocket, and it can only get better. Many Onitsha traders, business men and bankers now live in Asaba and work in Onitsha.

Good for them.

Asaba is an Igbo city so Igbos are bound to enter the city more and more. It's no biggie. Asaba is not the biggest nor the only city in Delta State. If anyone doesn't like Igbo presence, they can always relocate to Warri. Semper Fi!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Bolustic:
Op I guess you forgot to add this

11. One of the former governor, James Ibori is currently serving a jail term in the UK.

12. It's one of the states with the highest allocation in Nigeria yet has little to show for it.

And what is the meaning of this?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
Noneroone:

You have time for the treacherous being. Linking Ukwuani to Isoko, and then to Urhobo. While forgetting to tell us that Igbide in Isoko migrated from Eastern Igboland, and is part of Isoko today.

Was quick to stress in Igbo denials amongst the Ukwuani and Ika, Forgetting to tell us that Okpe people consider themselves a separate group from Urhobo.

Went through great stress to tell us how the Isoko pulled out of Urhobo in the Western house, forgettin to tell us how the Igbo denials amongst the Western Igbos started after the civil war. And also forgot to tell us that Isokos had always been a distinct people from Urhobo as the Colonials recognized them as "Igaboh" while the Urhobos were called "Sobos".

He thinks that no one sees through his divide and rule tactics while he unites his own group.

Anyway, thank God for Enuani people that have refused to be pawns in their game.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by experimentist: 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:
Guy enjoyment that period nor be here, 98% girls i knack nor be olosho o, na just turn up. cheesy I nor too move sapele because i nor to get bizz there.

When next i visit sha, and i go like settle with their women one day o, so that the fun no go ever die. How u c am? grin
Lol, you wan settle ke shocked e be like you fall in love with their yansh o! Anyway, if you see nice girl, why not? But me I still dey tour the con3 o.. You need to go other states and see o.. Places like Benin, Kogi etc.. Me sef don waka small oo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

OCHA BRIGADE Kenneth Okonkwo Dies In Accident (Photos) / Sinkhole Swallows Range Rover Sport In Imo State (Video) / Accident Kills Nigerian Man From South Africa On 1st December (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.