Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

10 Interesting Facts About Delta State - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (55104 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Oildichotomy(m): 11:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

Seriously, this guy annoyed me. How can you come here and turn it to an ethnic war. Is it an achievement in Life??

I said Itsekiris and Olukumi are Yoruboid too but why are Yorubas not here fighting tooth and nails??

We need to examine ourselves sometimes bro.

No offence to the good Igbo people
I get, The whole idea is to literally drag you to their level with their antics.

Ironically you were not smart enough to decipher the grand plan, you joined the bandwagon too quickly.
Just be more tactical and win them at their own game
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 11:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

The last time I checked, an Asaba indigene has replied you. I guess you've found your answer. Keep it rolling and I'm sure more will come eventually. Asaba people may not like us but trust me, they hate Eastern bigots more than they could ever hate us.

https://www.nairaland.com/1083108/ndigbo-celebrates-igbo-day-asaba

I will take this over the words of an Akwunakwuna trying so hard to defend the bf, don't you think so? grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by jasysandra(f): 11:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:

Lol! Akwunakwuna!

Are you the gf he was speaking of? Who knows you? Who send you? You don baff!

Get away you!

No one knows you here or in Asaba!

You are an Unknown entity.

cc Ugomba, Ikeg48, onenaira, Ikechu1

See am! Calling the crew of bigots. Lol.

Instead of you to face front, swerve and leave us to fight our battles, you de here de form protector. Who know you for Igbo land?? Are you important?

Atleast my family has roots in Asaba and when I speak, I speak on solid ground. Don't come here and start fighting a battle for man who doesn't like you.

Meanwhile na ur mama be Akunakuna! You imp! Ekwensu of Eastern heartland. Attachee-in-Chief to the South South Region.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by BraniacX(m): 11:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:

Get away you! Hypocrites! It was your hateful brothers that brought about Asaba discussion here. Non of you can stomach your hatred for Asaba, simply because the People have refused to deny being Igbos. You derive joy when peeps deny being Igbo, so that you can render them minorities you can subdue, and Lord it over, without the fear of dragging SE in.

No Asaba person is happy or accepts the everyday slight you children of hate points towards Asaba, right from your inconsequential chiefs to your politicians and then the teeming illiterate massess. Asaba remain your nightmare, little wonder it didn't take you demons long to bring her into this discussion, if you have made peace with Asaba the Igbo city and same time the capital of Delta state, it wouldn't be an issue here.

Now fade off! You are not an Igbo, and have no right to meddle in Asaba issues. Go look for Igbo denying peeps to cuddle with, leave Asaba out of yoUrhobo masturbation.

So much panadol for the asaba peoples alleged headache! grin there are too many decent igbo people out there for me to regard you and your putrid infantile rantings as the norm! If not the generalisation trap is too tempting to give in to given the level of disgust you've managed to generate on this thread. Am not igbo (GOD and heaven knows i don't want to be one, not even in my worst nightmare grin) but by virtue of asaba being my state capital i'm asaban and you are neither deltan or asaban hence the term parasite! Please can any kind ikwerre'an come and attract the attention of this decency sucking leech so that he'll just leave us be? undecided plss embarassed
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 11:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:

https://www.nairaland.com/1083108/ndigbo-celebrates-igbo-day-asaba

I will take this over the words of an Akwunakwuna trying so hard to defend the bf, don't you think so? grin

There are Igbos in Asaba-- So many who come from Onitsha so they can celebrate Igbo day or even have a Biafra march past for all I care.

Last last, we know werrin de sup.

Oildichotomy just tell me word now so I will rise back to my level and leave you be! Let the Asaba people fight you on this one.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

Just negodu shocked

For your info; I don't have any problem with Igbos except the few, such as you, who always feel everyone is Igbophobic and that Igbo must be defended at all costs! Flash news is that no one cares! You guys are just jobless. If you want to make any meaningful contribution to Igbo, build schools, train children, enter into politics and change lives. Don't come online and start spewing bunkum which further soils your image to the world. Ever wondered why: Yorubas hate you, Hausas hate you, Edos hate you, Ibibios hate you, Even Igboid groups like Ikwerre, Ika, Ukwuani, etc all hate you guys? Something must be wrong. Na only una de the country sef. Small thing now, you'll cry marginalisation yet you occupy everywhere in the country and dominate people's land...

Anyway, I don't want to toll your path so I'll stop there. I love Igbos, at least the ones who do not have delusions of grandeur, but when I meet people like you and that other bigot called Igboid online, I reevaluate my stand and wonder why you act the way you do. Thank God that my Delta people, Igbo or not, do not behave like you guys! You can keep your bigotry to yourselves and leave us be.

Okwaya!

Nawo'o.... everybody hates Igbo, and thats making you happy cheesy
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by BraniacX(m): 11:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:

You can edit it now, and by tomorrow, Wikipedia will re edit it.

Igbide people are Isokos today, granted. But they have Igbo origin, and this is a historical fact. cool

Today, yesterday and forever! Don't accept this? undecided create a lagoon and drown the lagoon in you cool
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by jasysandra(f): 11:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

There are Igbos in Asaba-- So many who come from Onitsha so they can celebrate Igbo day or even have a Biafra march past for all I care.

Oildichotomy just tell me word now so I will rise back to my level and leave you be! Let the Asaba people fight you on this one.

Na your own you de talk so o.

I die well with this idiat here today. As if coming to beg for menial jobs is not enough. Every morning you'll see them leaving tippers with shovels at Coker junction looking for small jobs to do, going to forge LGA identity for Asaba so that they can get civil service work. smh. That one is not enough, they'll come online and start forming "protector". Una don see us finish na.

Yeye parasites.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:

Lol! Akwunakwuna!

Are you the gf he was speaking of? Who knows you? Who send you? You don baff!

Get away you!

No one knows you here or in Asaba!

You are an Unknown entity.

cc Ugomba, Ikeg48, onenaira, Ikechu1

Dude, this is not necessary. You've passed your message already.... shield your sword.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by BraniacX(m): 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2016
jasysandra:

I am an Asaba girl from Umueze and I can categorically say you are yarning nonsense! Who send you?? We tell you to fight for us?

Oversabi. We are happy with where we are.

As if it is not bad enough that your people flood Asaba and pretend to be Oshimili indigenes here and get ALL OUR JOBS!!! Such a bad terrible lot of people.

Gerrohia man.

Efulefu

Let me call all the Asaba people to wire you now:

CC:
Asababoi
Aniomaagenda
Evaristus
Idumuoje

Please spare them, we are deltans together, brothers and sisters and yes we fight every now and then as brothers and sisters are known to do but in the end we still love and accept one another! Our diversity is our strength not our weakness! This divide and conquer strategy by interlopers from whatever part of anywhere must be continually resisted! Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 11:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
mekuzi09:

Nawo'o.... everybody hates Igbo, and thats making you happy cheesy

I am not happy about it bro. It gives me reason to worry because I have good Igbo friends. Igbos are everywhere in Nigeria and God forbids that a war ensues, the massacre would be too much because virtually everyone in Nigeria hates and distrusts Igbos.

I feel Ohaneze Ndigbo should give a clarion call on this and discuss the future of Igbo people in this country. I, for one, support Biafra! Let them have it and be at rest there. Nigeria is not hospitable to Igbos due to something I just cant wrap my head around. When I see people like Igboid online talking the way he does, I just shake my head. I am tempted to generalise this as the cause of the problem.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by PharmAlfred: 12:03am On Jul 05, 2016
You guys have derailed the thread with your tribal fights.
We should be marketing Delta State. It is a great place with great people. The state has a lot of potentials and has arguably the most educated people on the face of Nigeria.

Most of the leading entertainers, sports men, technocrats, both home and abroad are from Delta State.

On the 'National Scale' Delta State weighs so big.
Am always proud to mention Delta as my state of origin when am asked and most times I see the admiration on people's faces too when they learn that am from Delta.

Let's talk the positives about our beloved state.

#TrulyKwale.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by BraniacX(m): 12:04am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

Go and Ask Igbide people that put up the story on Wikipedia. Since you know more than them.

Ndi ara!

Which igbide people? undecided

You and your befuddled great nuncle? undecided

Is that an excerpt from any official igbide peoples union website? undecided

orhue!!! angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 12:08am On Jul 05, 2016
jasysandra:

See am! Calling the crew of bigots. Lol.

Instead of you to face front, swerve and leave us to fight our battles, you de here de form protector. Who know you for Igbo land?? Are you important?

Atleast my family has roots in Asaba and when I speak, I speak on solid ground. Don't come here and start fighting a battle for man who doesn't like you.

Meanwhile na ur mama be Akunakuna! You imp! Ekwensu of Eastern heartland. Attachee-in-Chief to the South South Region.

Nobody knows you! You were brought in here by your bf to fight his battles and protect him, and you are shamelessly disgracing yourself here. Ifele eme!

You are a big disgrace to womanhood.

South South region? Buhaha!!

Onenaira6, Ugomba, and Omonuan are the only Enuani people recognised here, no one knows you, not here, not in the real world.

I have relatives that are from Asaba and environment too, and I visit Asaba often, you don't know more about Asaba than me.

Go service your bf and leave this thread alone. Now get lost.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 12:09am On Jul 05, 2016
PharmAlfred:
You guys have derailed the thread with your tribal fights.
We should be marketing Delta State. It is a great place with great people. The state has a lot of potentials and has arguably the most educated people on the face of Nigeria.

Most of the leading entertainers, sports men, technocrats, both home and abroad are from Delta State.

On the 'National Scale' Delta State weighs so big.
Am always proud to mention Delta as my state of origin when am asked and most times I see the admiration on people's faces too when they learn that am from Delta.

Let's talk the positives about our beloved state.

#TrulyKwale.

Thank you bro. We all know how the derailing started but it's all well. Things are getting back in track!

Delta is Great!!! We Deltans know that.

I schooled at Kwale for a time though; Novena College then at Otagba-Ogbe, I think cheesy (or is it Otagba-Unor?).
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by BraniacX(m): 12:10am On Jul 05, 2016
mekuzi09:

Dude, this is not necessary. You've passed your message already.... shield your sword.

The fool is too thick and conceited! He's busy creating potential enemies for igbo people where there were none before!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 12:11am On Jul 05, 2016
BraniacX:

Which igbide people? undecided

You and your befuddled great nuncle? undecided

Is that an excerpt from any official igbide peoples union website? undecided

orhue!!! angry

Why is this one convulsing? That story is the real Igbide story, it's not a hidden one. Go and hit your head on the wall if it pains you.

I wasn't the one that put up the story there, and I learnt about Igbide Igbo origin from an Igbide guy in official Igbide thread here on NL some years ago.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 12:14am On Jul 05, 2016
fratermathy:

Just negodu shocked

For your info; I don't have any problem with Igbos except the few, such as you, who always feel everyone is Igbophobic and that Igbo must be defended at all costs! Flash news is that no one cares! You guys are just jobless. If you want to make any meaningful contribution to Igbo, build schools, train children, enter into politics and change lives. Don't come online and start spewing bunkum which further soils your image to the world. Ever wondered why: Yorubas hate you, Hausas hate you, Edos hate you, Ibibios hate you, Even Igboid groups like Ikwerre, Ika, Ukwuani, etc all hate you guys? Something must be wrong. Na only una de the country sef. Small thing now, you'll cry marginalisation yet you occupy everywhere in the country and dominate people's land...

Anyway, I don't want to toll your path so I'll stop there. I love Igbos, at least the ones who do not have delusions of grandeur, but when I meet people like you and that other bigot called Igboid online, I reevaluate my stand and wonder why you act the way you do. Thank God that my Delta people, Igbo or not, do not behave like you guys! You can keep your bigotry to yourselves and leave us be.

Okwaya!

finally you are out of your shell. grin grin grin

i just wanted to prove you are just like the others and i have done that successfully
The fact that mods keep pushing the bunkum someone like you writes to front page shows this forum is headed to a free fall

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by jasysandra(f): 12:14am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

Nobody knows you! You were brought in here by your bf to fight his battles and protect him, and you are shamelessly disgracing yourself here. Ifele eme!

You are a big disgrace to womanhood.

South South region? Buhaha!!

Onenaira6, Ugomba, and Omonuan are the only Enuani people recognised here, no one knows you, not here, not in the real world.

I have relatives that are from Asaba and environment too, and I visit Asaba often, you don't know more about Asaba than me.

Go service your bf and leave this thread alone. Now get lost.

Look at what an adult, someone's potential father, is saying and doing online.

I have been begged to let this issue go for the sake of this thread if not, we die here today.

Mr Man, go and reevaluate your purpose in life! Who Igbo don epp? Na Igbo de feed you? See as u wan die for Igbo matter here.

You wan con even de drag knowledge of Asaba pass me wehn be indigine who don spend all my life here. See this ozue o. I nor blame you, na so una de claim land.. Very soon una go claim Abuja join: na that time Aboki go let you know say body nor be firewood.

I'm done with this kid. If you never tire, go learn how to tie Abbi kpoli like Abuff.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 12:20am On Jul 05, 2016
Noneroone:

finally you are out of your shell. grin grin grin

i just wanted to prove you are just like the others and i have done that successfully
The fact that mods keep pushing the bunkum someone like you writes to front page shows this forum is headed to a free fall

Almost all my posts make frontpage. Nor be today I don meet una type. In all my forays on Nairaland, only one group of people constitute a nuisance for me by derailing virtually ALL my threads. There is a saying that if you push someone to the wall, the person becomes a wall!

That particular post you quoted measures in no way to what you and your brother have said today. You keep making enemies where there are none.

In my initial post, NOBODY in DELTA STATE has any problem. I am content with that alone. If non Deltans have issues with it, let them drown in the River Niger! cheesy grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 12:25am On Jul 05, 2016
fratermathy:

I am not happy about it bro. It gives me reason to worry because I have good Igbo friends. Igbos are everywhere in Nigeria and God forbids that a war ensues, the massacre would be too much because virtually everyone in Nigeria hates and distrusts Igbos.

I feel Ohaneze Ndigbo should give a clarion call on this and discuss the future of Igbo people in this country. I, for one, support Biafra! Let them have it and be at rest there. Nigeria is not hospitable to Igbos due to something I just cant wrap my head around. When I see people like Igboid online talking the way he does, I just shake my head. I am tempted to generalise this as the cause of the problem.

You are a hypocrite and an Igbophobic human being.

You started your stupid article by telling us who denies and who doesn't deny being Igbo, tell me, what exactly were you trying to achieve with that, and what was the relevance of that to this your inane topic?

And then your co travellers went off lane discussing how Warri was supposed to be capital of Delta, how Asaba was a small dusty town before it was made the state capital, while you never warned against such statements, and again I ask: " what is the purpose of discussing Asaba capital status?

Nigeria is more than hospitable to Ndiigbo, we don't visit places for hospitality, we visit them to make a living and send home. Your group is not thriving better than Ndiigbo in Nigeria, despite your Igbophobia.

What massacre are you talking about? The ones you and edoids teamed up and gave to your Anioma neighbors that Peter Okocha detailed about in the book " Blood on the Niger"? The only blood that is going to flow this time around is your own blood. Your hatred for Ndiigbo does not remove a single hair from our head, we still sit atop most indices of development in Nigeria.

That your hatred can only burn and consume you, not Ndiigbo. Keep waiting for another opportunity to spill Igbo blood, vampires.

Ohaneze need not give a clarion call about inconsequential non entities, we are already aware of the hate, and are more than prepared to let you lots burn in your hates.
I pity your Igbo friends and your gf that is busy wagging her tongue here.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 12:31am On Jul 05, 2016
jasysandra:

Look at what an adult, someone's potential father, is saying and doing online.

I have been begged to let this issue go for the sake of this thread if not, we die here today.

Mr Man, go and reevaluate your purpose in life! Who Igbo don epp? Na Igbo de feed you? See as u wan die for Igbo matter here.

You wan con even de drag knowledge of Asaba pass me wehn be indigine who don spend all my life here. See this ozue o. I nor blame you, na so una de claim land.. Very soon una go claim Abuja join: na that time Aboki go let you know say body nor be firewood.

I'm done with this kid. If you never tire, go learn how to tie Abbi kpoli like Abuff.

Go wait for your bf to service him. He will need it after I'm through with him on this thread.

Shameless woman. He called you, and like a senseless being, you rushed here to disgrace your fathers house.

Ifele megbukwa gi.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 12:36am On Jul 05, 2016
fratermathy:

Lol! So Asaba is nolonger an Igbo town? The Asaba people are now aliens who Igbos from Onitsha overpowered and turned their town to Igbo?

Which Asaba people are fighting this one? Your "dick intoxicated" gf? grin

I laugh in Nteje!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 12:37am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

You are a hypocrite and an Igbophobic human being.

You started your stupid article by telling us who denies and who doesn't deny being Igbo, tell me, what exactly were you trying to achieve with that, and what was the relevance of that to this your inane topic?

And then your co travellers went off lane discussing how Warri was supposed to be capital of Delta, how Asaba was a small dusty town before it was made the state capital, while you never warned against such statements, and again I ask: " what is the purpose of discussing Asaba capital status?

Nigeria is more than hospitable to Ndiigbo, we don't visit places for hospitality, we visit them to make a living and send home. Your group is not thriving better than Ndiigbo in Nigeria, despite your Igbophobia.

What massacre are you talking about? The ones you and edoids teamed up and gave to your Anioma neighbors that Peter Okocha detailed about in the book " Blood on the Niger"? The only blood that is going to flow this time around is your own blood. Your hatred for Ndiigbo does not remove a single hair from our head, we still sit atop most indices of development in Nigeria.

That your hatred can only burn and consume you, not Ndiigbo. Keep waiting for another opportunity to spill Igbo blood, vampires.

Ohaneze need not give a clarion call about inconsequential non entities, we are already aware of the hate, and are more than prepared to let you lots burn in your hates.
I pity your Igbo friends and your gf that is busy wagging her tongue here.

I hold forth the truth that it is self evident to all who wish to see that Delta is great even in diversity and our greatness cannot be questioned by anyone who seeks to sow the seed of discord and anomie. We have set forth at dawn; we have seen the worst of days, we have seen the best of days... No one can hold us back. No one can tell us how to live our lives. We are who we are and we are proud Deltans! One day our voices shall overlap until they become one strong echo of common consciousness that will guide us in our path. We are one strong union for better and for worse. We are proud and we are Deltans!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by jasysandra(f): 12:38am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

Go wait for your bf to service him. He will need it after I'm through with him on this thread.

Shameless woman. He called you, and like a senseless being, you rushed here to disgrace your fathers house.

Ifele megbukwa gi.

I hold forth the truth that it is self evident to all who wish to see that Delta is great even in diversity and our greatness cannot be questioned by anyone who seeks to sow the seed of discord and anomie. We have set forth at dawn; we have seen the worst of days, we have seen the best of days... No one can hold us back. No one can tell us how to live our lives. We are who we are and we are proud Deltans! One day our voices shall overlap until they become one strong echo of common consciousness that will guide us in our path. We are one strong union for better and for worse. We are proud and we are Deltans!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 12:39am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

Lol! So Asaba is nolonger an Igbo town? The Asaba people are now aliens who Igbos from Onitsha overpowered and turned their town to Igbo?

Which Asaba people are fighting this one? Your "dick intoxicated" gf? grin

I laugh in Nteje!

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 12:42am On Jul 05, 2016
BraniacX:

So much panadol for the asaba peoples alleged headache! grin there are too many decent igbo people out there for me to regard you and your putrid infantile rantings as the norm! If not the generalisation trap is too tempting to give in to given the level of disgust you've managed to generate on this thread. Am not igbo (GOD and heaven knows i don't want to be one, not even in my worst nightmare grin) but by virtue of asaba being my state capital i'm asaban and you are neither deltan or asaban hence the term parasite! Please can any kind ikwerre'an come and attract the attention of this decency sucking leech so that he'll just leave us be? undecided plss embarassed

You are an Asaban? grin I laugh in Nteje! If you are Asaban, while then are your people waling over Asaba?

Lol! You can't be Igbo, you are from a small inconsequential ethnic group, not capable of reaching one - thousandth of the feats the great Igbo had achieved, little wonder you are claiming to be an "Asaban" or whatever that means,after all, that's your easiest ticket to being Igbo.

Now get missing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 12:43am On Jul 05, 2016

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by jasysandra(f): 12:43am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

You are an Asaban? grin I laugh in Nteje! If you are Asaban, while then are your people waling over Asaba?

Lol! You can't be Igbo, you are from a small inconsequential ethnic group, not capable of reaching one - thousandth of the feats the great Igbo had achieved, little wonder you are claiming to be an "Asaban" or whatever that means,after all, that's your easiest ticket to being Igbo.

Now get missing.

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 05, 2016
Passing by

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 12:50am On Jul 05, 2016
The ancestors of all the clans in Isoko migrated from Benin with the exception of Igbide, Okpolo/Enwe and Umeh in Isoko South LGA and Evwrheni, now in Ughelli South, which came from east of the river Niger, i.e. the present day Anambra, Bayelsa and Rivers States. They came through the river Niger to Isoko creek (a tributary of river Niger) near Patani, and advanced inland to settle in their present sites. Umeh ancestors came from Onya on the river Niger (opposite river Nun, a tributary of river Niger) and came through Isoko creek near Patani and advanced inward to settle on the banks of Isoko creek where they are at present. There was further movement of Owhawha ancestors from Igbide in Isoko South LGA to settle in Jeremi clan, Ughelli South LGA.

http://www.isokonewyork.org/history.html

More on Igbide. grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by jasysandra(f): 12:52am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:
The ancestors of all the clans in Isoko migrated from Benin with the exception of Igbide, Okpolo/Enwe and Umeh in Isoko South LGA and Evwrheni, now in Ughelli South, which came from east of the river Niger, i.e. the present day Anambra, Bayelsa and Rivers States. They came through the river Niger to Isoko creek (a tributary of river Niger) near Patani, and advanced inland to settle in their present sites. Umeh ancestors came from Onya on the river Niger (opposite river Nun, a tributary of river Niger) and came through Isoko creek near Patani and advanced inward to settle on the banks of Isoko creek where they are at present. There was further movement of Owhawha ancestors from Igbide in Isoko South LGA to settle in Jeremi clan, Ughelli South LGA.

http://www.isokonewyork.org/history.html

More on Igbide. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

OCHA BRIGADE Kenneth Okonkwo Dies In Accident (Photos) / Sinkhole Swallows Range Rover Sport In Imo State (Video) / Accident Kills Nigerian Man From South Africa On 1st December (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.