Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

10 Interesting Facts About Delta State - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (55112 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

Good for them.

Asaba is an Igbo city so Igbos are bound to enter the city more and more. It's no biggie. Asaba is not the biggest nor the only city in Delta State. If anyone doesn't like Igbo presence, they can always relocate to Warri. Semper Fi!

Asaba is the best city in Delta. And can only grow more in the coming decades. Deal with it. As an Igbo man, I will feel more at home at Asaba than a non Igbo like you, deal with it too.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

Firstly, I am not an aspiring writer (whatever you mean by that).

Secondly, I don't give a rat's ass about Igbos or what any group calls themselves. I only stated my facts from my own point of view. I am not trying to appeal to anyone or any group. If anybody doesn't like it, they can gerrout for all I care.! As far as I am concerned, I stated reality and if you are in doubts, reread that segment of my post again.

Truth, whether you like it or not, cannot long be hidden and the truth here is simple: Delta "Igbos" don't like being called Igbos! This statement has not made any stance or cast any aspersions.

Finally, if you have nothing better to say than to sow ethnic discord, please visit the politics sections and troll on... Sir undecided!
truth hurts

stop mistaking your opinion for fact

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:

You have time for the treacherous being. Linking Ukwuani to Isoko, and then to Urhobo. While forgetting to tell us that Igbide in Isoko migrated from Eastern Igboland, and is part of Isoko today.

Was quick to stress in Igbo denials amongst the Ukwuani and Ika, Forgetting to tell us that Okpe people consider themselves a separate group from Urhobo.

Went through great stress to tell us how the Isoko pulled out of Urhobo in the Western house, forgettin to tell us how the Igbo denials amongst the Western Igbos started after the civil war. And also forgot to tell us that Isokos had always been a distinct people from Uhrobo, as the Colonials recognized them as "Igaboh " whil the Urhobos were called "Sobos".

He thinks that no one sees through his divide and rule tactics while he unites his own group.

Anyway, thank God for Enuani people that have refused to be pawns in their game.

Are you even a Deltan?

Why do you guys like spoiling your name by coming online to spew trash and turn every thread into a tribal war.

Well, good news is that I am better than this and have far outgrown this so troll on...

4 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
@Igboid. Why are you trying to stire hatred between the good people of asaba and the rest deltans? why?

I've being to asaba and warri, everyone is at peace. So why is it only on NL i see these hate? Why are you and your people this way?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:

Asaba is the best city in Delta. And can only grow more in the coming decades. Deal with it. As an Igbo man, I will feel more at home at Asaba than a non Igbo like you, deal with it too.

It's your opinion mister. Truth be told, I don't really care. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:
@Igboid. Why are you trying to stire hatred between the good people of asaba and the rest deltans? why?

I've being to asaba and warri, everyone is at peace. So why is it only on NL i see these hate? Why are you and your people this way?

Help me ask him and his cohorts!

Anyway, the best recipe to these kind of people is to utterly concur to their idiocy and they'll soon look for another thread to troll off to.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
Noneroone:
truth hurts

stop mistaking your opinion for fact

Whatever you say man.. I'm done with this!

When real Deltans come, I'll know. cheesy
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

Whatever you say man.. I'm done with this!

When real Deltans come, I'll know. cheesy
this you create this thread for 'real deltans'?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Chuukwudi(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
If deh cash u, deh go beat u till u poo poo for body!!! angry angry angry

Lol, I no fit forget the day, after work, I from shagolo dey ball out, no car dey near Ekpan road, only our bus. As we wan near junction, see area boys with cutlasses, see military men, gun just dey sound everywhere! I wan Shit for body that day, driver no sabi whether e go stop or fire dey go. I dey new for Warri that time. I hate there fight eh!

Cc: greatness22

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
[b] "Urhobo wadoo!

Uvwie wadoo!

In addition, it is know that there is a subjective reason why Asaba was made the capital of Delta. The late wife of IBB Mariam Babaginda was from Asaba.
potolistic(m): 5:06pm
The capital city should be moved from asaba to warri... Asaba almost looks like a city in one of these igbo states".

"True. Many Deltans of the true old Delta province fought against the Asaba capital location but it has come to stay and there is nothing we can do about it at all. We just have to deal with it. Agbor/Kwale/Ughelli/Abraka are more central locations for the capital rather than Asaba. Any visitor who visits Asaba for the first time will assume ALL DELTANS are IGBOS because of the Igbo-factor in Asaba.

Our only hope is that Anioma State be created and the capital moved. Until then, Asaba remains our capital for better or worse".

"Ughelli sounds like a good choice.
Even warri is not that bad. If people say Warri is old and congested, that is because the city hasn't been treated the way it should, if billions has been sunk into the city the same way as it has been done to Asaba, warri will be in a much better shape.
Asaba was a small dusty old town before it became capital of Delta".
[/b]
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
[b] "Urhobo wadoo!

Uvwie wadoo!

In addition, it is know that there is a subjective reason why Asaba was made the capital of Delta. The late wife of IBB Mariam Babaginda was from Asaba.
The capital city should be moved from asaba to warri... Asaba almost looks like a city in one of these igbo states".

"True. Many Deltans of the true old Delta province fought against the Asaba capital location but it has come to stay and there is nothing we can do about it at all. We just have to deal with it. Agbor/Kwale/Ughelli/Abraka are more central locations for the capital rather than Asaba. Any visitor who visits Asaba for the first time will assume ALL DELTANS are IGBOS because of the Igbo-factor in Asaba.

Our only hope is that Anioma State be created and the capital moved. Until then, Asaba remains our capital for better or worse".

Even warri is not that bad. If people say Warri is old and congested, that is because the city hasn't been treated the way it should, if billions has been sunk into the city the same way as it has been done to Asaba, warri will be in a much better shape.
[/b]

See them. Enemies of Igbo progress! This is why Ndiigbo stepped in.

Asaba and it's environment is the only remaining Igbo frontier in the west of Niger, the rest is mired by Igbo denial, Asaba is being singled out by Igbophobic Delta tribes only because she retained her Igbo origin and continues to reach out to the SE.
You would rather have a non Igbo Asaba than an Igbo Asaba, the whole talk about centrality is a camouflage.

We will not sit and watch envious inferiority complex plaqued groups in Delta, run her down.

Say any trash about Asaba, and you attract Igbo wrath instantly.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by shota(m): 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
If you know Delta state and it's income you d understand what I mean .

MrTruth4real:

How can u say ijaws are the main source of Delta income?
Statement like this is wat bring disunity among us.
Plz dis post is to sure the uniqueness of my state, not to bring quarry or hatred. On behave of the op I am apologizing if that is how u feel.
we have experience too many crisis in warri. I think is time to embrace peace.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 9:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
Noneroone:
this you create this thread for 'real deltans'?

Bros English hard you sha. Just use pidgin. I'll understand cos I don't get you now.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:
[b] "Urhobo wadoo!

Uvwie wadoo!

[/b]

See them. Enemies of Igbo progress! This is why Ndiigbo stepped in.

Asaba an it's environment is the only remaining Igbo frontier in the west of Niger, the rest is mired by Igbo denial, Asaba is being singled out by Igbophobic Delta tribes only because she retained her Igbo origin and continues to reach out to the SE.

We will not sit and which envious inferiority complex plaqued groups in Delta, run her down.

Say any trash about Asaba, and you attract Igbo wrath instantly.

All your ramblings are noted man. You have our attention so now you can move on so that Deltans can talk.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

All your ramblings are noted man. You have our attention so now you can move on so that Deltans can talk.

Nothing like Deltans. If your write up was about Deltans, there wouldn't have been need to write about the ethnic groups.

Igbo is part of Delta, I am Igbo, go figure.

Next time when you go about writing useless and brainless articles, remember not to meddle into Igbo issues.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
experimentist:
Lol, you wan settle ke shocked e be like you fall in love with their yansh o! Anyway, if you see nice girl, why not? But me I still dey tour the con3 o.. You need to go other states and see o.. Places like Benin, Kogi etc.. Me sef don waka small oo..
Nigga i don enter benin, i no too enjoy their people. Kogi? me never reach there buh i dey always reason they no too gbaski . My PH girls too cost & no much groove na just money money though na them hott pass. Owerri girls sef tight buh the city no too bubble.

But the settling stuff na just side-thought sha grin. Mesef still dey tour- interstate yanshing/grooving. cheesy

I dey conquer lagos now grin but iffa dey remember delta visit i go just dey strong, em delta girls too sweet o.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
"The Igboid groups such as Ika (Agbor), Enuani (Asaba), Ukwuani/Ndokwa (Kwale). It should be noted that while these groups maybe Igboid linguistically, they don't perceive themselves as Igbos culturally and otherwise. The only group that has major affinities with Igbos is the Enuanis (Asaba). The Ukwuanis have some cultural affinities with Urhobo/Isoko due to long contact. Collectively, the "Delta Igbos", as they are called, have a population of about 1.5 million and they form the second dominant ethnic bloc. They also occupy Delta North senatorial district. They are known as ANIOMA people, an acronym derived from Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika and Oshimili while the (ma) is a common suffix to complete the word which means "good land".

Look at the kind of rubbish a supposedly human being woke up one morning and started writing and you were not expecting reactions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by ogorwyne(f): 9:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
greatness22:
Op you forgot the orientation camp in my town (Issele-Uku) And you also forget to add that James Ibori (Odidigboigbo) is still the best governor delta state ever had.

I remember my days at Ekpan Secondary School, Ekpan. We have so many beautiful school abeg. From Hessey college, Urohobo college, Classical, Delta career, Don-donmigo, Seat of wisdom, Army day. e.t.c grin

Delta State; Smart, Friendly, Funny, Out spoken, Blessed. We are the BIG HEART.

Am proud to be a Deltan. Where is ogorwyne?
See me o. Am so tayad
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Jok3r(m): 9:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

By Mathias Orhero (literarymathy[at]gmail.com)

i never knew all these untill today except d schools
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by greatness22(m): 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Chuukwudi:

Lol, I no fit forget the day, after work, I from shagolo dey ball out, no car dey near Ekpan road, only our bus. As we wan near junction, see area boys with cutlasses, see military men, gun just dey sound everywhere! I wan Shit for body that day, driver no sabi whether e go stop or fire dey go. I dey new for Warri that time. I hate there fight eh!

Cc: greatness22
Lol, you don kill me with laugh for here.

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by experimentist: 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:
Nigga i don enter benin, i no too enjoy their people. Kogi? me never reach there buh i dey always reason they no too gbaski . My PH girls too cost & no much groove na just money money though na them hott pass. Owerri girls sef tight buh the city no too bubble.

But the settling stuff na just side-thought sha grin. Mesef still dey tour- interstate yanshing/grooving. cheesy

I dey conquer lagos now grin but iffa dey remember delta visit i go just dey strong, em delta girls too sweet o.
lmao grin guy u be inter-state dicklayer o. I don rock Lokoja and Akure. Groove tek style dey Akure o. Benue, me never rock buh my colleague say d place balm. Ibadan sef no lost then Oshogbo.. But nigga you need to hit the North shits dey happen there codedly. Me don almost Naija finish na only Eas coast remain for me to go and yansh all these Biafra girls lol grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:

See this hypocrite. What Peace? When your people are ever continuously boiling in your wicked hearts over Asaba hosting the state capital. This thread was about Delta, but your co travellers turned it into an anti Asaba thread and the treacherous OP never failed to tell us who is denying and who isn't denying being Igbo.

Your grouse with Asaba is its Igbo nature, you would rather have her deny her Igbo origins to satisfy your inferiority complex like the rest have, but she wouldn't. Deal with it. And let Asaba and it's Igbo inhabitants be.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:

Nothing like Deltans. If your write up was about Deltans, there wouldn't have been need to write about the ethnic groups.

Igbo is part of Delta, I am Igbo, go figure.

Next time when you go about writing useless and brainless articles, remember not to meddle into Igbo issues.

Igboid:
"The Igboid groups such as Ika (Agbor), Enuani (Asaba), Ukwuani/Ndokwa (Kwale). It should be noted that while these groups maybe Igboid linguistically, they don't perceive themselves as Igbos culturally and otherwise. The only group that has major affinities with Igbos is the Enuanis (Asaba). The Ukwuanis have some cultural affinities with Urhobo/Isoko due to long contact. Collectively, the "Delta Igbos", as they are called, have a population of about 1.5 million and they form the second dominant ethnic bloc. They also occupy Delta North senatorial district. They are known as ANIOMA people, an acronym derived from Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika and Oshimili while the (ma) is a common suffix to complete the word which means "good land".
Look at the kind of rubbish a supposedly human being woke up one morning and started writing and you were not expecting reactions?

This is the last time I will quote you and I am doing this simply because I enjoy you fooling yourself online. Have you seen any Anioma person talking with you? tongue Why are you alone here killing yourself over this issue?

Anyway, I know you will continue ranting, as expected of your likes cheesy cheesy! The world is watching... Ngwanu, kwontinue. Negodie.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
CioAngels:
Thank you. You are very right, deltans are blessed with fantastically stealing leaders from 1999 to date. How i wish all of them will end up in jail like ibori. A very rich state with her citizens dying of hunger.May all the deities in delta pursue all the past and present leaders.
Sis God dey. Oneday you guys would get it right. Perhaps the day Nigeria gets it right cause you share similar problems as a state with Nigeria as a country.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by greatness22(m): 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
ogorwyne:

See me o. Am so tayad
Sorry about that. Please get some rest dear.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Oildichotomy(m): 9:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
Okijajuju1:

The pain you are feeling must be yours or someone else's cos I am copacetic right now..

Speaking of Desserts and Oasis, I wouldn't hold my breath to find any Oasis in Delta State..

Its purely a place to do business, make money and move on.

I passed by Warri this weekend on my way to Benin.. I know Delta quite well. From Uromi to Ogwashiukwu (or something like that), e.t.c..
Can you just shut it already
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
Waxxydude forget about that tribalist! Dont answer him again. Let him keep rambling like a madman. I enjoy reading him and showing his messages to my Asaba babe, Jasysandra, and we both laugh him together.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

This is the last time I will quote you and I am doing this simply because I enjoy you fooling yourself online. Have you seen any Anioma person talking with you? tongue Why are you alone here killing yourself over this issue?

Anyway, I know you will continue ranting, as expected of your likes cheesy cheesy! The world is watching... Ngwanu, kwontinue. Negodie.

Which Anioma again? The one you had already divided into Igbo denying and Igbo ones?

On the contrary, have you seen any Asaba man caution me here?
If I am not representing their thoughts, they would have stepped forward to say so.

You are the ranting one here. Stop meddling into Igbo issues, including Igbo cities like Asaba and all will be fine.

Keep meddling into them and expect a knockdown like I am currently giving you.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
experimentist:
lmao grin guy u be inter-state dicklayer o. I don rock Lokoja and Akure. Groove tek style dey Akure o. Benue, me never rock buh my colleague say d place balm. Ibadan sef no lost then Oshogbo.. But nigga you need to hit the North shits dey happen there codedly. Me don almost Naija finish na only Eas coast remain for me to go and yansh all these Biafra girls lol grin
Hahahahaha my guy no make em e-warriors catch you o, i don enter jos the people warm buh i no tomuch groove, their girls sef balm o. grin I fit still reach there before year run out.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Okijajuju1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
Oildichotomy:
Can you just shut it already

You Mad Bro?! grin

Don't be mad at me, be at at Delta State.. grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
Igboid:

Which Anioma again? The one you had already divided into Igbo denying and Igbo ones?

On the contrary, have you seen any Asaba man caution me here?
If I am not representing their thoughts, they would have stepped forward to say so.

You are the ranting one here. Stop meddling into Igbo issues, including Igbo cities like Asaba and all will be fine.

Keep meddling into them and expect a knockdown like I am currently giving you.

Knockdown ke? See your warped brain

So in your mind you are competing with someone?

Like I care about you or what you say. cheesy cheesy cheesy

If we start arguing today, you think you can win me? There are things I argue about and not obvious issues such as this. Arguing with you will lead to a cul-de-sac. Your premise is bigoted and curse me if I should take up that premise as the basis for any argument.

Just negodu!

I'm done with this dude.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Ellieanna: 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
Bolustic:
Op I guess you forgot to add this

11. One of the former governor, James Ibori is currently serving a jail term in the UK.

12. It's one of the states with the highest allocation in Nigeria yet has little to show for it.

well you also forgot that there are govenors who stole more than Ibori and did not do half of what Ibori did yet they are walking freely...Ibori is still the best governor Delta state has ever had

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sinkhole Swallows Range Rover Sport In Imo State (Video) / Accident Kills Nigerian Man From South Africa On 1st December (Photos) / Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.