Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

10 Interesting Facts About Delta State - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (55095 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 12:53am On Jul 05, 2016
jasysandra:

I hold forth the truth that it is self evident to all who wish to see that Delta is great even in diversity and our greatness cannot be questioned by anyone who seeks to sow the seed the discord and anomie. We have set forth at dawn; we have seen the worst of days, we have seen the best of days... No one can hold us back. No one can tell us how to live our lives. We are who we are and we are proud Deltans!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Preach that to these people:
"Urhobo wadoo!

Uvwie wadoo!

In addition, it is know that there is a subjective reason why Asaba was made the capital of Delta. The late wife of IBB Mariam Babaginda was from Asaba.
potolistic(m): 5:06pm
The capital city should be moved from asaba to warri... Asaba almost looks like a city in one of these igbo states".

"True. Many Deltans of the true old Delta province fought against the Asaba capital location but it has come to stay and there is nothing we can do about it at all. We just have to deal with it. Agbor/Kwale/Ughelli/Abraka are more central locations for the capital rather than Asaba. Any visitor who visits Asaba for the first time will assume ALL DELTANS are IGBOS because of the Igbo-factor in Asaba.

Our only hope is that Anioma State be created and the capital moved. Until then, Asaba remains our capital for better or worse".

"Ughelli sounds like a good choice.
Even warri is not that bad. If people say Warri is old and congested, that is because the city hasn't been treated the way it should, if billions has been sunk into the city the same way as it has been done to Asaba, warri will be in a much better shape.
Asaba was a small dusty old town before it became capital of Delta".

They are the ones you need to convince of your unity, not me.
My own be to protect Igbo interest, chikena!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by jasysandra(f): 12:54am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

Preach that to these people:
"Urhobo wadoo!

Uvwie wadoo!

In addition, it is know that there is a subjective reason why Asaba was made the capital of Delta. The late wife of IBB Mariam Babaginda was from Asaba.
potolistic(m): 5:06pm
The capital city should be moved from asaba to warri... Asaba almost looks like a city in one of these igbo states".

"True. Many Deltans of the true old Delta province fought against the Asaba capital location but it has come to stay and there is nothing we can do about it at all. We just have to deal with it. Agbor/Kwale/Ughelli/Abraka are more central locations for the capital rather than Asaba. Any visitor who visits Asaba for the first time will assume ALL DELTANS are IGBOS because of the Igbo-factor in Asaba.

Our only hope is that Anioma State be created and the capital moved. Until then, Asaba remains our capital for better or worse".

"Ughelli sounds like a good choice.
Even warri is not that bad. If people say Warri is old and congested, that is because the city hasn't been treated the way it should, if billions has been sunk into the city the same way as it has been done to Asaba, warri will be in a much better shape.
Asaba was a small dusty old town before it became capital of Delta".

They are the ones you need to convince of your unity, not me.
My own be to protect Igbo interest, chikena!

I hold forth the truth that it is self evident to all who wish to see that Delta is great even in diversity and our greatness cannot be questioned by anyone who seeks to sow the seed of discord and anomie. We have set forth at dawn; we have seen the worst of days, we have seen the best of days... No one can hold us back. No one can tell us how to live our lives. We are who we are and we are proud Deltans! One day our voices shall overlap until they become one strong echo of common consciousness that will guide us in our path. We are one strong union for better and for worse. We are proud and we are Deltans!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 1:02am On Jul 05, 2016
Still on the Delta unity ish: https://www.nairaland.com/2858845/prof-sagay-many-igbos-didnt

A unity that must be based on Igbophobia. A unity that can only work if it become erased from the annals of history that there are native Igbo speaking people in Delta state, will always not stand the test of time. Ndiigbo in SE will always expose the wicked agenda behind such unity.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 1:03am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

Still on the Delta unity ish: https://www.nairaland.com/2858845/prof-sagay-many-igbos-didnt

A unity that must be based on Igbophobia. A unity that can only work if it become erased from the annals of history that there are native Igbo speaking people in Delta state, will always not stand the test of time. Ndiigbo in SE will always expose the wicked agenda behind such unity.
I hold forth the truth that it is self evident to all who wish to see that Delta is great even in diversity and our greatness cannot be questioned by anyone who seeks to sow the seed of discord and anomie. We have set forth at dawn; we have seen the worst of days, we have seen the best of days... No one can hold us back. No one can tell us how to live our lives. We are who we are and we are proud Deltans! One day our voices shall overlap until they become one strong echo of common consciousness that will guide us in our path. We are one strong union for better and for worse. We are proud and we are Deltans!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 1:04am On Jul 05, 2016
"Let me state clearly that my position on the location of the capital of Delta State has been consistent from the very beginning; right from August 1991 when Babangida used the Delta State Capital to pay his bride price to his Anioma in-laws. When I was invited to Asaba in May 1999 to give the hand over lecture from Military dictatorship to Civilian democratic government, and was asked by the out-going Military Administrator, Commander Feghabo, what I thought of the fact that only the southern Delta, particularly the Urhobos have so far produced civilian Governors for Delta State, my reply was simple. 'Delta State' is constituted by two States, Delta proper and Anioma. As long as the Delta Capital remains in Anioma,the Governors will come from the real Delta. Inspite of castigations in the press, by the Asagba of Asaba, and some other Anioma elites, I have remained firm in my views. The best solution is for the two entities to separate into two states with the Delta State Capital being at Warri. Anioma can then be a state with its capital at Asaba. Alternatively, Anioma can join Anambra State and become a member of the South Eastern group of states to which it truly belongs. It should not be forgotten that the Anioma part of the present Delta State came from Edo province. It was never part of Delta province. It is therefore an unacceptable outrage for a territory transferred from Edo State to join us, to be made our capital. The fact that the Anioma part of the State produces less than four per cent of the state's revenue or income only adds salt to a grievous injury.
I am always surprised that the Anioma people cannot understand the deep sense of injury of the peoples of the real Delta. It is no excuse that they have benefited from our misfortune. Instead of being sombre and restrained and joining us to seek a solution, the Anioma elite has been celebrating this great injustice - the stealing of our capital. Let me ask again as I did at a public forum on May 8 2002: "Here again, fellow Nigerians are capitalising on the unfortunate plight of another group of Nigerians. Should Asaba, which strictly belongs to the Igbo National Group be capital of a state of the Delta peoples? If then by a gross anomaly, this wrong has been inflicted on the Delta people, should this be confounded by an extra injury of governorship? Would that not effectively make the Anioma the colonial overlord of the Deltans?"- Itsay Sagay

Lol! So much for unity, Real Delta vs Fake Deltans, according to the Urhobo professor, ironically, it's yet another treacherous Urhobo man that opened this thread. Ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 1:08am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:
"Let me state clearly that my position on the location of the capital of Delta State has been consistent from the very beginning; right from August 1991 when Babangida used the Delta State Capital to pay his bride price to his Anioma in-laws. When I was invited to Asaba in May 1999 to give the hand over lecture from Military dictatorship to Civilian democratic government, and was asked by the out-going Military Administrator, Commander Feghabo, what I thought of the fact that only the southern Delta, particularly the Urhobos have so far produced civilian Governors for Delta State, my reply was simple. 'Delta State' is constituted by two States, Delta proper and Anioma. As long as the Delta Capital remains in Anioma,the Governors will come from the real Delta. Inspite of castigations in the press, by the Asagba of Asaba, and some other Anioma elites, I have remained firm in my views. The best solution is for the two entities to separate into two states with the Delta State Capital being at Warri. Anioma can then be a state with its capital at Asaba. Alternatively, Anioma can join Anambra State and become a member of the South Eastern group of states to which it truly belongs. It should not be forgotten that the Anioma part of the present Delta State came from Edo province. It was never part of Delta province. It is therefore an unacceptable outrage for a territory transferred from Edo State to join us, to be made our capital. The fact that the Anioma part of the State produces less than four per cent of the state's revenue or income only adds salt to a grievous injury.
I am always surprised that the Anioma people cannot understand the deep sense of injury of the peoples of the real Delta. It is no excuse that they have benefited from our misfortune. Instead of being sombre and restrained and joining us to seek a solution, the Anioma elite has been celebrating this great injustice - the stealing of our capital. Let me ask again as I did at a public forum on May 8 2002: "Here again, fellow Nigerians are capitalising on the unfortunate plight of another group of Nigerians. Should Asaba, which strictly belongs to the Igbo National Group be capital of a state of the Delta peoples? If then by a gross anomaly, this wrong has been inflicted on the Delta people, should this be confounded by an extra injury of governorship? Would that not effectively make the Anioma the colonial overlord of the Deltans?"- Itsay Sagay

Lol! So much for unity. Ndi ara!

We hold forth the truth that it is self evident to all who wish to see that Delta is great even in diversity and our greatness cannot be questioned by anyone who seeks to sow the seed of discord and anomie. We have set forth at dawn; we have seen the worst of days, we have seen the best of days... No one can hold us back. No one can tell us how to live our lives. We are who we are and we are proud Deltans! One day our voices shall overlap until they become one strong echo of common consciousness that will guide us in our path. We are one strong union for better and for worse. We are proud and we are Deltans!!!

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by nextdoor84(m): 1:55am On Jul 05, 2016
jasysandra:

Look at what an adult, someone's potential father, is saying and doing online.

I have been begged to let this issue go for the sake of this thread if not, we die here today.

Mr Man, go and reevaluate your purpose in life! Who Igbo don epp? Na Igbo de feed you? See as u wan die for Igbo matter here.

You wan con even de drag knowledge of Asaba pass me wehn be indigine who don spend all my life here. See this ozue o. I nor blame you, na so una de claim land.. Very soon una go claim Abuja join: na that time Aboki go let you know say body nor be firewood.

I'm done with this kid. If you never tire, go learn how to tie Abbi kpoli like Abuff.

I really don't get it....are you saying folks from asaba and environs aint igbos or what....let us know where you stand please...in as much as I don't support igboid's rant on here.. I think you should also think deep before saying anything bad against your tribe!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fombadi: 5:00am On Jul 05, 2016
LISTEN WELL: Asaba is a city in Delta state, and the indigenous of Asaba are deltans. Delta state has nothing to do with Igbos and there's no tribe in delta state which identifies itself as Igbos. All Igbos in delta state are immigrants who moved to the state same way they moved to Lagos state , Kaduna etc. This is the fact.

Igbos stop fooling yourselves claiming Ika, Ukuani etc people, they are not Igbos, and not designated under any law as Igbo, neither do they see themselves as Igbos.

You guys come on nl just to claim the identify of others to yourselves ,what's wrong with you guys?. It's like Yorubas claiming Otsekiri, Urhobos and Edo claiming Urhobo etc etc... Stop this public foolishness. Why must you guys drag other tribes to make you feel worthy?.

Only thing Delta state has in common with Igbo is that they share a border with Onitsha whixht is an Igbo state.

I pray God give you guys Biafra, but it will be a very bad market for any other unlucky minority tribe that may be part of your Biafra,the tribe will suffer and forcefully extinct.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Fime2000: 5:18am On Jul 05, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] nice one am happy to come fr delta. we ar so lovly people, but some pple like talking nosece which is very bad.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by IkpuMmadu: 5:45am On Jul 05, 2016
fombadi:
LISTEN WELL: Asaba is a city in Delta state, and the indigenous of Asaba are deltans. Delta state has nothing to do with Igbos and there's no tribe in delta state that speaks Igbo language. All Igbos in delta state are immigrants who moved to the state same way they moved to Lagos state , Kaduna etc. This is the fact.

Igbos stop fooling yourselves claiming Ika and Ukuani people, they are not Igbos, they always distance themselves from you guys. Is like Yoruba claiming Urhobos and Itsekiri are Yorubas. Stop this public foolishness. Why must yLISTEN WELL: Asaba is a city in Delta state, and the indigenous of Asaba are deltans. Delta state has nothing to do with Igbos and there's no tribe in delta state that speaks Igbo language. All Igbos in delta state are immigrants who moved to the state same way they moved to Lagos state , Kaduna etc. This is the fact.

Igbos stop fooling yourselves claiming Ika and Ukuani people, they are not Igbos, they always distance themselves from you guys. Is like Yoruba claiming Urhobos and Itsekiri are Yorubas. Stop this public foolishness. Why must you guys drag other tribes to make you feel worthy?. Or is it bc of the wealth of the state? And you plan of Biafra? . For your information the only thing Delta state has in common with Igbo is the boarder between Asaba and Onitsha. Maybe you guys want to be deported from the state same thing Lagos did.ou guys drag other tribes to make you feel worthy?. Or is it bc of the wealth of the state? And you plan of Biafra? . For your information the only thing Delta state has in common with Igbo is the boarder between Asaba and Onitsha. Maybe you guys want to be deported from the state same thing Lagos did.

Pls where is ugomba ? This boy has lied so much. He said no place in Delta speaks Igbo
Maybe what they speak in asaba and okpanam are latin ..then what the speak in ukwuani and Agbor is Greek

Why am I replying this buffoon
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by IkpuMmadu: 5:55am On Jul 05, 2016
fombadi:
LISTEN WELL: Asaba is a city in Delta state, and the indigenous of Asaba are deltans. Delta state has nothing to do with Igbos and there's no tribe in delta state that speaks Igbo language. All Igbos in delta state are immigrants who moved to the state same way they moved to Lagos state , Kaduna etc. This is the fact.

Igbos stop fooling yourselves claiming Ika and Ukuani people, they are not Igbos, they always distance themselves from you guys. Is like Yoruba claiming Urhobos and Itsekiri are Yorubas. Stop this public foolishness. Why must yLISTEN WELL: Asaba is a city in Delta state, and the indigenous of Asaba are deltans. Delta state has nothing to do with Igbos and there's no tribe in delta state that speaks Igbo language. All Igbos in delta state are immigrants who moved to the state same way they moved to Lagos state , Kaduna etc. This is the fact.

Igbos stop fooling yourselves claiming Ika and Ukuani people, they are not Igbos, they always distance themselves from you guys. Is like Yoruba claiming Urhobos and Itsekiri are Yorubas. Stop this public foolishness. Why must you guys drag other tribes to make you feel worthy?. Or is it bc of the wealth of the state? And you plan of Biafra? . For your information the only thing Delta state has in common with Igbo is the boarder between Asaba and Onitsha. Maybe you guys want to be deported from the state same thing Lagos did.ou guys drag other tribes to make you feel worthy?. Or is it bc of the wealth of the state? And you plan of Biafra? . For your information the only thing Delta state has in common with Igbo is the boarder between Asaba and Onitsha. Maybe you guys want to be deported from the state same thing Lagos did.

All these minorities seff
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fombadi: 6:32am On Jul 05, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

All these minorities seff

Minorities just produced the previous president of Nigeria. A minority like Obama is currently the president of the United state of America. Apart from Hausas and the Yorubas What height has the third majority attained or achieved in Nigeria with their majority status ?.

They only try claiming other people's land and identity just to make them feel worthy .
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fombadi: 6:32am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 05, 2016
shota:

If you know Delta state and it's income you d understand what I mean .

I live in delta state, we receive one of the highest revenue from fed govt, and we also generate revenue internally, if u r talking about land that produce oil, itsekiri has enough land as well as urhobo, and isoko, I live in warri much of my life, there's notin u can tell me about Delta state revenue that I don't know.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by igbsam(m): 6:40am On Jul 05, 2016
Proudly Delta
Proudly Urhobo/Okpe
Proudly Mosogar
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 05, 2016
nextdoor84:

I really don't get it....are you saying folks from asaba and environs aint igbos or what....let us know where you stand please...in as much as I don't support igboid's rant on here.. I think you should also think deep before saying anything bad against your tribe!!!
Can u say itsekiri or ulaje are Yoruba?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fombadi: 7:02am On Jul 05, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Pls where is ugomba ? This boy has lied so much. He said no place in Delta speaks Igbo
Maybe what they speak in asaba and okpanam are latin ..then what the speak in ukwuani and Agbor is Greek

Why am I replying this buffoon

Ya'll immigrants in Delta...We speak English in Nigeria that's doesn't make us British. Beside ppl speak igbo every where Kaduna , Edo ,Lagos etc etc. There's sure similar language to Igbo just like every other Naija language.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 7:32am On Jul 05, 2016
nextdoor84:

Bia, nwa Ekpeye, mind your own business. You and who are ranting here? Please don't make me insult you. You
might not know it, but you are one of the few people I respect here, because of your Igbophilic stand.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2016
fombadi:

Igbos stop fooling yourselves claiming Ika, Ukuani etc people, they are not Igbos, and not designated under any law as Igbo, neither do they see themselves as Igbos.

You guys come on nl just to claim the identify of others to yourselves ,what's wrong with you guys?. It's like Yorubas claiming Otsekiri, Urhobos and Edo claiming Urhobo etc etc... Stop this public foolishness. Why must you guys drag other tribes to make you feel worthy?.

Only thing Delta state has in common with Igbo is that they share a border with Onitsha whixht is an Igbo state.

I pray God give you guys Biafra, but it will be a very bad market for any other unlucky minority tribe that may be part of your Biafra,the tribe will suffer and forcefully extinct.

Where did this one crawl out from?

Go to Asaba and tell them that Asaba is not an Igbo city, ndi ara. If IPOB boys there no finish your life for you.
Asaba might be the capital of Delta state, but it's an indigenous Igbo city, that as early as 1906 hosted the first international conference on Igbo language, and as recently hosted the Igbo world day in 2004 and 2012.
The street language in Asaba is not your useless pidgin English, it's Igbo, because that's the language of the indigenous Asaba and Okpanam people.

Itsekiri was never Yoruba, it was identified as a distinct group from time immemorial, there were never Midwestern Yoruba in the annals of Nigerian history.

Nzeogwu was a Midwesterner, the originator of the so called "Igbo coup", if there wasn't Igbos in the Midwest and himself being Igbo, the coup won't be termed Igbo coup by Igbophobic elements.

You are an ignorant entity for insinuating that Enu ani people are migrants in their home towns.
You are nothing but a bitter parasitic land grabber.

Asaba people are not minority like your inconsequential ethnic group, they are a majority, they are Igbo, if there be a Biafra today, Asaba will be in it.

Now go drink your drugs.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 7:56am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Bamz(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2016
So much for one Nigeria. sad

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Okijajuju1(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2016
Oildichotomy:
You mad at at Delta state??

And you can't type correctly se?

You know you wrote "se" instead of "sef" right? grin grin

Don't type when you are mad Bro.. grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 8:30am On Jul 05, 2016
fratermathy:

Almost all my posts make frontpage. Nor be today I don meet una type. In all my forays on Nairaland, only one group of people constitute a nuisance for me by derailing virtually ALL my threads. There is a saying that if you push someone to the wall, the person becomes a wall!

That particular post you quoted measures in no way to what you and your brother have said today. You keep making enemies where there are none.

In my initial post, NOBODY in DELTA STATE has any problem. I am content with that alone. If non Deltans have issues with it, let them drown in the River Niger! cheesy grin
i have subscribed to your nuisance enough. You can now run along.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fombadi: 8:34am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

Where did this one crawl out from?

Go to Asaba and tell them that Asaba is not an Igbo city, ndi ara. If IPOB boys there no finish your life for you.
Asaba might be the capital of Delta state, but it's an indigenous Igbo city, that as early as 1906 hosted the first international conference on Igbo language, and as recently hosted the Igbo world day in 2004 and 2012.
The street language in Asaba is not your useless pidgin English, it's Igbo, because that's the language of the indigenous Asaba and Okpanam people.

Itsekiri was never Yoruba, it was identified as a distinct group from time immemorial, there were never Midwestern Yoruba in the annals of Nigerian history.

Nzeogwu was a Midwesterner, the originator of the so called "Igbo coup", if there wasn't Igbos in the Midwest and himself being Igbo, the coup won't be termed Igbo coup by Igbophobic elements.

You are an ignorant entity for insinuating that Enu ani people are migrants in their home towns.
You asweathing but a bitter parasitic land grabber.

Asaba people are not minority like your inconsequential ethnic group, they are a majority, they are Igbo, if there be a Biafra today, Asaba will be in it.

Now go drink your drugs.

See this small rat,who are you coming here to form Don for?

Hosted Igbo world day and conference same way Igbo's day was hosted in New York etc etc. You should go to Asaba and tell the government and indigenous it's an Igbo city and see if they won't send dogs after you.

Asaba is a city in Delta state and also the capita of the state. Delta states consists of several ethnic groups Igbo isn't one of them.

Same Asaba where Igbos where fiercely warned recently to keep their Baifra madness away from. They where warned not to let their Biafra protest exceed Onitsha bridge.

IPOB boys who can't defend them selves and loved ones from common Fulani herdsmen.
Abeggi make I hear word....You and your weak talkative IPOB boys wei dey sweat for yansh.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2016
fombadi:

See this small rat,who are you coming here to form Don for?

Hosted Igbo world day and conference same way Igbo's day was hosted in New York etc etc. You should go to Asaba and tell the government and indigenous it's an Igbo city and see if they won't send dogs after you.

Is it not same Asaba where Igbos where fiercely warned to keep their Baifra madness away from. They where warned not to let their Biafra protest exceed Onitsha bridge.

IPOB boys who couldn't defend them selves and loved ones from commonly Fulani hands men.
Abeggi make I hear word....You and your weak talkative IPOB boys wei dey sweat for yansh.

Lol! Who exactly warned IPOB in Asaba? Delta government? Well they were also warned by the governments in SE, bu they match on.

What indigenous people are you talking about, I dey pity you, if OneNaira6 catch you, your own don be. Come to Nnebisi road here and talk trash, see if you wouldn't be given proper beat down. There is a reason why you lots are not comfortable with Asaba, it reeks of Igbo, Igbo name, Igbo street language, Igbo songs blasting all over the place, Igbo people walking all over the place.

Indigenous Igbo world day is annually hosted by Igbo cities, the one in US is a different one entirely for mainly the Igbo diasporan population.

Why am I even replying your ignorance?

You are a non entity from an inconsequential minority ethnic group.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Oildichotomy(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2016
Okijajuju1:

You know you wrote "se" instead of "sef" right? grin grin

Don't type when you are mad Bro.. grin

I never intend typing "sef". Se" it is
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 9:02am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

Nobody knows you! You were brought in here by your bf to fight his battles and protect him, and you are shamelessly disgracing yourself here. Ifele eme!

You are a big disgrace to womanhood.

South South region? Buhaha!!

Onenaira6, Ugomba, and Omonuan are the only Enuani people recognised here, no one knows you, not here, not in the real world.

I have relatives that are from Asaba and environment too, and I visit Asaba often, you don't know more about Asaba than me.

Go service your bf and leave this thread alone. Now get lost.
leave those trolls. It is the op and his crew of petty tribalists that are changing handles and claiming Asaba. This is how far those bloody hypocrites can go. I dont want to go petty like them or this thread will be shut down!

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fombadi: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

Lol! Who exactly warned IPOB in Asaba? Delta government? Well they were also warned by the governments in SE, bu they match on.

What indigenous people are you talking about, I dey pity you, if OneNaira6 catch you, your own don be. Come to Nnebisi road here and talk trash, see if you wouldn't be given proper beat down. There is a reason why you lots are not comfortable with Asaba, it reeks of Igbo, Igbo name, Igbo street language, Igbo songs blasting all over the place, Igbo people walking all over the place.

Indigenous Igbo world day is annually hosted by Igbo cities, the one in US is a different one entirely for mainly the Igbo diasporan population.

Why am I even replying your ignorance?

You are a non entity from an inconsequential minority ethnic group.

Pathetic bunch of ppl who never have one voice among themselves but wanna have and run a country when they can even betray their mother and father or brother for just $3.

You claiming a people that doesn't want be associated with you in anyway. Respect yourselves.

Same way you guys are in Lagos claiming it's a no man's land it's same way ur in Asaba. Your cup will soon get to the brim,we are all praying you guys realize your Biafra asap so we can start deporting your asses to your Biafra cage.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 9:10am On Jul 05, 2016
[b] You have been active in the politics of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo to the extent that people from Anioma are not comfortable given the fact that the Igbos of the mainland are not sympathetic to the Igbos in the diaspora. Some of their leaders still believe in the philosophy of the Igbo union of excluding their kiths and kin outside the Igbo heartland.

Is it because you are the monarch as represented in term Ohanaeze or that Ohanaeze represents the aspiration of the Igbo speaking people of Delta state?

I think this perception doesn’t have any real foundation. I know that there are some people across the Niger who believe that even though we speak Igbo, we are different kinds of persons. That our attitudes and our beliefs are different.

There are many on our side too that disagree with attitudes of the Igbos in the East . But these are not in keeping with our own beliefs and attributes and therefore, we are not one. But we are the Igbo speaking, have our history that we migrated from that side, our language, we understand it, but we are a broader people because after the igbos here, you have the Urhobos, the Ijaws and so on and to the North, we have the Igala people and the Hausa people.

So in that sense, we are a border people and so we have been subjected to more influences than those in the heartland. So there are bound to be differences in the course of our history. Nonetheless, I can say that the whole thing you are seeing is a wrong perception of a few.

If it was a correct attitude or perception, I don’t think the Igbos will accept an Anioma person to be the head of Ohanaeze, if you know, the present head of Ohanaeze is Ambassador Ralph Uwachue, an Anioma person. Before that, the secretary-general of Ohanaeze was Chief Achuzia, an Asaba man. So that perception that you say, although it exists, does not portray the true feelings and attitude of the Igbo leadership. [/b]
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/i-was-punished-for-defending-the-customs-of-my-people-prof-chike-edozien/

I guess the ignoramus from an inconsequential ethnic group knows more about Asaba than the Asagba of Asaba?
You think you are dealing with Biniphilic peeps from some parts of Anioma here? grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 9:16am On Jul 05, 2016
[b] The chairman of the lecture, Obi Edozien (The Asagba of Asaba), re-emphasised this point: “we Igbo people are one. We must stop fighting over irrelevancies and emphasise the essential.”
This point arose out of the tendency among Igbo people to regard some groups as not “real” Igbos on basis of dialectal differences.

It also exists in the form of clearly Igbo- speaking people with Igbo names and cultural patterns declaring themselves as “not Igbo” but ethnic minorities. This is very rampant among Igbo groups in the South-South zone who believe that by so self- declaring publicly, they would be more acceptable among the real minorities and allowed to take their places as ethnic minorities. Experience has, however, shown that this self-delusion hardly ever produces their desired results. Whenever the push comes to the shove, the real minorities remind them that they are Igbo people who are out to take what belongs to the minorities through the back door.

This phenomenon was evident in 2006 when former Governor Peter Odili of Rivers State (who loved to call himself a “Rivers man,” as if Rivers State is a tribe) was running for president.

Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Clark openly declared Odili an Igbo man, arguing that the South-South president that the minorities have been agitating for was not meant to go to “an Igbo man.” Given this situation, there has been an increasing shift of paradigm.

Many Igbo groups, especially in Delta State, have decided no longer to play the masquerade.

The Obi of Asaba, Professor Edozien, actually laid out conditions he believes will cement Igbo unity permanently. Obi Edozien then called on the people of the South-East zone to support the creation of Anioma State and another for Igbo-speaking people of Rivers State to make for seven states, all of which will be lumped together in one zone or region. [/b]
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/28995-asagba-asaba-why-some-igbos-denounce-their-heritage.html

Lol! You think you are dealing with insecure people that accepted the non Igbo tag you gave them just to gain your acceptance?

This is Asaba we are talking about, the land of Hannibal of Bia****, Mazi Achuzia who crossed over the Niger to the East to defend the Igbo pride as he inflicted many defeats on Nigerians.

Boy your ignorance know no bound if you think you can play your silly Igbo denial games with Asaba peeps, after the genocide you carried out during the war there.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 9:21am On Jul 05, 2016
fombadi:

Pathetic bunch of ppl who never have one voice among themselves but wanna have and run a country when they can even betray their mother and father or brother for just $3.

You claiming a people that doesn't want be associated with you in anyway. Respect yourselves.

Same way you guys are in Lagos claiming it's a no man's land it's same way ur in Asaba. Your cup will soon get to the brim,we are all praying you guys realize your Biafra asap so we can start deporting your asses to your Biafra cage.

Who are the "we" here supposed to signify? Your minute inconsequential ethnic group? Taa! Get away you.

When Bia*** is realized, your asses will be deported from Asaba to your Islamic republic of Arewaoduanistan, where your Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas overloads will suck your lands dry of whatever meagre crude oil will be remaining of it , to develop Lagos, Kano and Abuja more, leaving you with polluted crude oil spilled lands while you keep blaming Igbo man for your woes.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fombadi: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

Who are the "we" here supposed to signify? Your minute inconsequential ethnic group? Taa! Get away you.

When Bia*** is realized, your asses will be deported from Asaba to your Islamic republic of Arewaoduanistan, where your Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas overloads will suck your lands dry of whatever meagre crude oil will be remaining of it leaving you with polluted crude oil spilled lands.

The we are myself and other Nigerians who wishes the Federal Republic of Nigeria well and are tired of ur noisy Biafra. The color of your Biafra flag already smells doom days ahead. Look at your flag very well again.

I'll rather be in a country with Yorubas than with Igbos. If u guys leave at least the image of naija abroad will improves drastically. Instead of 10 Nigerians arrested with drugs ,the news becomes 50 Biafrans arrested with drugs plus 5 human heads and two female breasts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

OCHA BRIGADE Kenneth Okonkwo Dies In Accident (Photos) / Sinkhole Swallows Range Rover Sport In Imo State (Video) / Accident Kills Nigerian Man From South Africa On 1st December (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.