Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (5662 Views)

Tolu And Tobi, Bimbo Odukoya's Daughters / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About / Pastor Impregnates Married Woman & Her 2 Daughters During All-night Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by truthman2012(m): 11:26am On Jul 06, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

YOU PROFESSIONAL LIAR! Yes God mentioned "earrings" in the bible verses you quoted but the earrings there was used as a figure of speech and not literally. also jewelry may have been mentioned in the bible verses but where you there at the time? do you know what jewelry was being referred to? are you trying to imply that God was telling the Israelites to go and borrow jewelry so that they can wear it and look beautiful with it? the bible in several areas is a parable and a christian needs to have Christian intelligence to understand the bible. having said that, THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PIERCING YOUR EARS FOR EARRINGS SAKE AND PUTTING ON "JEWELRY". for example some cultural attires in Nigeria like the female Benin cultural attire has some beaded necklace accessories with it. in such situations the beaded necklace which is a form of jewelry goes with the attire and if a christian woman wears such a necklace although it may still be vanity but it can be argued that it is just an inexpensive beaded necklace that rhymes with her cultural attire. but this is entirely different from taking a needle and defiling the temple of the holy spirit by piercing it so that you can insert earrings. So which is more appealing to satan, a woman occasionally wearing an inexpensive beaded necklace that rhymes with her attire or a woman piercing the temple of the holy spirit with a needle just so that you can put on earrings? a word they say is enough for the wise.

Trash !!!!

Liar? Is it my words or Bible's? You don't know what you are saying.

How could you say God telling the Israelites to take jewelries from Egyptians is a parable? Parable about what?

The Bible passage you classical Christians usually refer to is 1 Peter 3:3-5:

1 Peter 3:3–5
3. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— 4. but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. 5. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands,

This same passage also talks about braiding of hair. Don't your women braid their hair? Why do you take braiding of hair and reject wearing of earrings? Your obedience is incomplete. Why do you wear cloth because the passage also talks about wearing of cloth? You people wear the most expensive cloth. Misinterpretation the Bible.

What the Bible is talking about is moderation or modest dressing and that a woman's beauty doesn't end in outward appearance but what also is inside her.

It is no sin if you don't wear earrings and neither is it a sin if you wear. Their is no proof that the holy women referred to in the passage weren't wearing earring, the most important thing is their faith in God and their submission to their husband.

How does wearing earrings affect God? A woman who wears earrings and commits fornication is not different from the one who doesn't wear and commit the same sin. A woman who wears earrings who fears God and avoids sin is in the sight of God better than a sinful woman who doesn't wear earrings.

Piercing the ear: why do you cut your hair and tamper with God's temple? Why do you cut your nails tampering with God's temple? Are doing these not making you handsome or beautiful? Imagine how you will look leaving them untouched because you don't want to tamper with God's temple.

3 Likes

Re: . by Image123(m): 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Neither of you is wrong, or right. My point is we make our own morality, bible or not.

Are you saying that the OP is not wrong?
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2016
Image123:

Are you saying that the OP is not wrong?
I don't have an opinion on whether he's right or wrong. We make our own morality.
Re: . by Image123(m): 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Neither of you is wrong, or right. My point is we make our own morality, bible or not.
Ranchhoddas:
I don't have an opinion on whether he's right or wrong. We make our own morality.

Choose one. wink wink
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
Image123:

Choose one. wink wink
I don't care. I am not a woman. Your God does apparently.
Re: . by Image123(m): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don't care. I am not a woman. Your God does apparently.

Hahahahahahaha, got you.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
Image123:

Hahahahahahaha, got you.
I laughed out loud too. SMH for you. Are you saying your God does not care?
Re: . by Image123(m): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I laughed out loud too. SMH for you. Are you saying your God does not care?

No, i'm saying it is not a matter of salvation. God cares about the minutest details like the hairs on our head. However, not everything is rigid or set in stone like 1+1 or a matter of salvation(which you are driving at).
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
Image123:

No, i'm saying it is not a matter of salvation. God cares about the minutest details like the hairs on our head. However, not everything is rigid or set in stone like 1+1 or a matter of salvation(which you are driving at).
So what will you say about OP. Is he not seving the same God as you?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
Re: . by Image123(m): 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So what will you say about OP. Is he not seving the same God as you?

i do not need to have anything to say about him/her. i have explained it already, it is not a matter of salvation. We are not saved by clothing, we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus. i have also clearly stated that we do not have to agree on everything, or have the same level of knowledge or understanding or uniformity to be serving the same God. Get that clear.
Re: . by truthman2012(m): 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

Yes you could be a liar because you are trying to deceive women into believing that the vanity of wearing earrings is not sinful. And yes it could be figure of speech when God told the Israelites to go and borrow jewelry, may be not a parable as you falsely accused, but may be the jewelry and gold that was being referred to meant golden cups and wares required for domestic use or something of that nature. I was not there at the time and neither were you but one thing I do know is that God did not tell the Israelites to go and borrow gold and jewelry like earrings to wear so that they can look beautiful with it.
What do you mean by saying that the bible passage you classical Christians usually refer to is 1 peter 3:3-5? Wasn’t I the one that stated in the original post that deceivers use these verses to deceive by lying that women can wear earrings as long as they don’t let their beauty come from it?
What do you mean by saying that my obedience is incomplete and what do you mean by saying that why do I take braiding of hair and reject wearing of earrings? Did the bible say that it is compulsory for women to braid their hair? So what do you mean by saying that why do I take braiding of hair and reject wearing of earrings? Also did the bible say that it is compulsory for women to wear jewelry? So why are you trying to deceitfully imply that the bible encourages jewelry? The bible only states that women should not let their beauty come from braiding and jewelry it did not say that a woman must braid her hair or wear jewelry so why are you trying to drag the bible in the mud by insinuating that the bible encourages jewelry wearing and braiding of hair? You said that don’t Christian women braid their hair? you should note that the braiding being referred to in the bible was probably “plating”. I am sure the bible was not referring to the braids of today where “Brazilian hair attachments” will be attached to a woman’s hair. The braiding being referred to there was plating and plating your hair is not immodesty. But hair attachments is immodesty because you loved the world so much that you took someone else’s hair to attach to your own body not for surgical reasons but for that sake of vanity.
You said that what the bible is talking about is moderation or modest dressing and that a woman's beauty doesn't end in outward appearance but what also is inside her. You also said that it is no sin if you don't wear earrings and neither is it a sin if you wear and that the most important thing is their faith in God and their submission to their husband.
UNBELIEVABLE! Haven’t I revealed deceivers like you already? Dear true Christians on nairaland, didn’t I warn of deceivers like this in the original post? Didn’t I warn that some professional, gentle, cunning, smooth talking, deceitful polite infiltrators of the church will come and say that all that matters is the heart and faith of woman and that wearing earrings is okay as long as she doesn’t take too much pride in it? Didn’t I warn that it was a gentle lie like this that deceived Eve?

You said that how does wearing earrings affect God? You also said that a woman who wears earrings who fears god and avoids sin is in the sight of god better than a sinful woman who doesn't wear earrings. YOU DECEIVING SERPENT! IT WAS A SERPENT LIKE YOU THAT WALKED UP TO EVE IN THE GARDEN. For your information sin is sin, you cannot commit the sin of piercing the temple of the holy spirit and putting on earrings on one hand and try to redeem that sin by claiming to avoid other sins in the sight of God.

You said that why do you cut your hair and tamper with God's temple and why do you cut your nails?
Didn’t I counter this deceit of yours in the post when I used the example of the beaded necklace? Didn’t imply that there is a big difference between some moderate grooming and defiling the temple of the holy spirit by piercing it for vanity? Cutting of hair and finger nails is totally different from a woman taking a needle and piercing her ears for the sake of vanity.
TO CHRISTIAN WOMEN, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, TAKE OFF YOUR EARRINGS AND REPENT

Your choice of language does not portray you as a true Christian. Christians don't insult or abuse people the way you are doing. I doubt your intention in the post.

How many women did you hear was rejected in heaven because of earring? How many did you hear made heaven because of not using it?

You couldn't substantiate you claim biblically.

Stop your man-made doctrine brother and stop discouraging women from going to heaven. Your message does more damage than good.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
Image123:

i do not need to have anything to say about him/her. i have explained it already, it is not a matter of salvation. We are not saved by clothing, we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus. i have also clearly stated that we do not have to agree on everything, or have the same level of knowledge or understanding or uniformity to be serving the same God. Get that clear.
Are Jehovah's Witnesses also partakers of this salvation?
Re: . by oyega(m): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
If any of you is been justified by the law, I tell you Christ has profit you nothing. When it was clearly written that the just shall live by faith, why are you debating laws and works as though faith alone is too weak for our salvation. I am afraid of you, lest you might have believed in vain. You have fallen into the errors of the Galatians, who also thought that faith alone would not save them without the deeds of the law, therefore fraustrating the Grace of God. Go ahead, fulfill all the 10 commandments without spot, and prove God wrong Who said "it is only Christ that has ever done that." Do you love perfectly according to God's standard? I believe bad thought don't cross your own mind at all... My dear only one thing is the most important, it is faith in Christ. Don't you read what Christ says concerning law? Its only for heavenly reward, not for salvation of man. If you need Bible passages for this truth I quote me.
Re: . by analice107: 11:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Avoidhellfire:
This topic has probably been discussed on several occasions here and this is just to inform people that wearing of earrings is immodest and immodesty is a sin. it has been discovered that some deceiving infiltrators of the Church try to deceive by arguing that there is no where in the Bible where earrings are forbidden but the Bible warns against being a lover of the world. the main sin associated with wearing of earrings is the vanity involved in defiling your body by piercing it. you pierced your body which is a temple of the holy spirit just so that you can put on earrings. so what of clip on earrings? with clip on earrings you could argue that you have not defiled your body by piercing it but even with that vanity is still vanity and a child of God should not even have the time for any form of earrings. another way deceiving infiltrators of the church try to deceive is by lying that a Christian woman can wear earrings as long as she doesn't make it superior to her Christian life, after all the Bible states that a woman should not let her beauty come from outward adornment (1 Peter 3.3), the deceivers then lie that a woman can wear earrings as long as she doesn't let her beauty come from the earrings. but this is a lie and it was a professional lie like this that deceived Eve.
Another way people may get deceived is through false pastors and churches that don't condemn earrings and also through the vast amount of people that wear earrings. So just because your friends and all of the people you see in the church are wearing earrings that doesn't mean you should copy them as the road that leads to salvation is very narrow. Also who told you that all those people you see wearing earrings in the church are true Christians? They could all be pagans pretending to be Christians, so don't copy them. Even if you see female preachers, female choir and pastors wives wearing earrings, don't copy them, they could all be pagans pretending to be Christians. Finally, deceit may occur through the family. So let's say you are a Christian woman but your ears were pierced as a child by your parents who claim to be Christians and as a result you believe that earrings are alright since your parents were the one that pierced you ears. But you need to know that the world today is mixed i.e your parents can be paganic false Christians and yet you will be a child of God. So if your parents pierced your ears then they are either paganic false Christians or they were ignorant. If I have a baby daughter now do you think I will take her to those that do piercing so that her ears will be drilled into so that she can put on earrings? There are some traditions in the world that was created by the devil which a Christian must not copy, the tradition of piercing the ears of baby girls was not invented by children of God but by children of the devil. So don't copy them. You have been warned, don't follow the masses with wearing earrings.
instead follow the narrow path that leads to salvation.
The only Scripture you could lay your hands on is 1peter 3:3 and that's not what Peter is saying there.
Now let's look at that passage again.

1 Peter 3:3-4 Let not yours be the [merely] external adorning with [elaborate] interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewelry, or changes of clothes; But let it be the inward adorning and beauty of the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible and unfading charm of a gentle and peaceful spirit, which [is not anxious or wrought up, but] is very precious in the sight of God.

Mark "Merely". Let's see the things mentioned here.
1. Weaving or knotting of hair.
2. Wearing of Jewelry.
3. Wearing of Clothes.

Now, what is Peter saying here?
There are some of us Christians who go to church to show off our wealth, and this is seen in the way we wear the above mentioned.
I actually had a friend who actually goes to church to show off clothes and how well she dresses. If she doesn't have a new dress, she will borrow from a friend who doesn't attend the church or won't go to church that day. She doesn't carry a Bible to church, and is not interested in the message preached. All the big chicks and we'll dressed ladies and girls are her friends. When I discovered that, I pulled off from her.
Peter is warning Christians against carnality.
He is not saying, 'Do not wear them', he is saying "let your attention not be on them and, let your motive not be to show off and oppress others.
As Christians, we are suppose to be spiritual beings. Our attention is more on spirituality and less on our physical appearance.
But if you insist on women not wearing jewelry, you shd as well say, we shouldn't wear clothes.

1 Like

Re: . by analice107: 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
truthman2012:

Trash !!!!

How could you say God telling the Israelites to take jewelries from Egyptians is a parable? Parable about what?

3. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— 4. but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. 5. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands,

This same passage also talks about braiding of hair. Don't your women braid their hair? Why do you take braiding of hair and reject wearing of earrings? Your obedience is incomplete. Why do you wear cloth because the passage also talks about wearing of cloth? You people wear the most expensive cloth. Misinterpretation the Bible.

What the Bible is talking about is moderation or modest dressing and that a woman's beauty doesn't end in outward appearance but what also is inside her.

It is no sin if you don't wear earrings and neither is it a sin if you wear. Their is no proof that the holy women referred to in the passage weren't wearing earring, the most important thing is their faith in God and their submission to their husband.

How does wearing earrings affect God? A woman who wears earrings and commits fornication is not different from the one who doesn't wear and commit the same sin. A woman who wears earrings who fears God and avoids sin is in the sight of God better than a sinful woman who doesn't wear earrings.

Piercing the ear: why do you cut your hair and tamper with God's temple? Why do you cut your nails tampering with God's temple? Are doing these not making you handsome or beautiful? Imagine how you will look leaving them untouched because you don't want to tamper with God's temple.

Thank you sir. I don't know how these people see God.

1 Like

Re: . by analice107: 11:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

Yes you could be a liar because you are trying to deceive women into believing that the vanity of wearing earrings is not sinful. And yes it could be figure of speech when God told the Israelites to go and borrow jewelry, may be not a parable as you falsely accused, but may be the jewelry and gold that was being referred to meant golden cups and wares required for domestic use or something of that nature. I was not there at the time and neither were you but one thing I do know is that God did not tell the Israelites to go and borrow gold and jewelry like earrings to wear so that they can look beautiful with it.
What do you mean by saying that the bible passage you classical Christians usually refer to is 1 peter 3:3-5? Wasn’t I the one that stated in the original post that deceivers use these verses to deceive by lying that women can wear earrings as long as they don’t let their beauty come from it?
What do you mean by saying that my obedience is incomplete and what do you mean by saying that why do I take braiding of hair and reject wearing of earrings? Did the bible say that it is compulsory for women to braid their hair? So what do you mean by saying that why do I take braiding of hair and reject wearing of earrings? Also did the bible say that it is compulsory for women to wear jewelry? So why are you trying to deceitfully imply that the bible encourages jewelry? The bible only states that women should not let their beauty come from braiding and jewelry it did not say that a woman must braid her hair or wear jewelry so why are you trying to drag the bible in the mud by insinuating that the bible encourages jewelry wearing and braiding of hair? You said that don’t Christian women braid their hair? you should note that the braiding being referred to in the bible was probably “plating”. I am sure the bible was not referring to the braids of today where “Brazilian hair attachments” will be attached to a woman’s hair. The braiding being referred to there was plating and plating your hair is not immodesty. But hair attachments is immodesty because you loved the world so much that you took someone else’s hair to attach to your own body not for surgical reasons but for that sake of vanity.
You said that what the bible is talking about is moderation or modest dressing and that a woman's beauty doesn't end in outward appearance but what also is inside her. You also said that it is no sin if you don't wear earrings and neither is it a sin if you wear and that the most important thing is their faith in God and their submission to their husband.
UNBELIEVABLE! Haven’t I revealed deceivers like you already? Dear true Christians on nairaland, didn’t I warn of deceivers like this in the original post? Didn’t I warn that some professional, gentle, cunning, smooth talking, deceitful polite infiltrators of the church will come and say that all that matters is the heart and faith of woman and that wearing earrings is okay as long as she doesn’t take too much pride in it? Didn’t I warn that it was a gentle lie like this that deceived Eve?

You said that how does wearing earrings affect God? You also said that a woman who wears earrings who fears god and avoids sin is in the sight of god better than a sinful woman who doesn't wear earrings. YOU DECEIVING SERPENT! IT WAS A SERPENT LIKE YOU THAT WALKED UP TO EVE IN THE GARDEN. For your information sin is sin, you cannot commit the sin of piercing the temple of the holy spirit and putting on earrings on one hand and try to redeem that sin by claiming to avoid other sins in the sight of God.

You said that why do you cut your hair and tamper with God's temple and why do you cut your nails?
Didn’t I counter this deceit of yours in the post when I used the example of the beaded necklace? Didn’t imply that there is a big difference between some moderate grooming and defiling the temple of the holy spirit by piercing it for vanity? Cutting of hair and finger nails is totally different from a woman taking a needle and piercing her ears for the sake of vanity.
TO CHRISTIAN WOMEN, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, TAKE OFF YOUR EARRINGS AND REPENT
Hahahahahaha. Wonderful. This guy!!!
Did you just say "Maybe?" you are assuming what the bible clearly states?
Did you just say maybe the Jewelries meant golden cups and domestic utensils? From when did utensils become jewelries?

Am quite certain you don't know what a figure of speech means. because if you say, God commanding the Jewish women to borrow their neighbours jewelries was a figure of speech, then God's command of the Jews killing and sprinkling the blood on their lintel was also a figure of speech. (How is a common even a speech?)
Your babbled on and on incoherently.
What Peter said, and what you say are world's apart.

1 Like

Re: . by analice107: 11:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
winner01:
You dont deserve an answer, what you deserve is me reminding you how obsessed you are.
I really wonder what is keeping these lot so insecure.
Re: . by analice107: 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
otemanuduno:
your god is an author of confusion. He ministered this thing into the heart of Avoidhellfire his great minister, but here you are, trying to say that you, a minister of God also, are still searching. Muafrika2 is also saying another thing and there is no agreement in the body of Christ. The organs are just malfunctioning. Why?
Pls no one shd respond to this person. He belongs in Yabaleft
Re: . by analice107: 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
otemanuduno:
your god is an author of confusion. He ministered this thing into the heart of Avoidhellfire his great minister, but here you are, trying to say that you, a minister of God also, are still searching. Muafrika2 is also saying another thing and there is no agreement in the body of Christ. The organs are just malfunctioning. Why?
Pls no one shd respond to this person. He belongs in habaleft

1 Like

Re: . by analice107: 11:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The OP(a born-again christian gave a blank answer). You who is also born again cannot. You both have the bible as your moral standard. How then can you say morality is objective when you both cannot agree on what is what?
He gave a blank answer because he doesn't know what he is talking about. Imagine him saying God asking the Israelites to borrow jewelries while leaving Egypt was a figure of speech. The guy is totally nuts and you are here to agree with him even though he is wrong.
By all means, you must stand against the truth.
Re: . by analice107: 11:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
jcross19:
which op? I have discovered something about we nigerian christians, most of them are pharisee in style dress in decent, be in their natural self but in their heart they are vipers which jesus christ talked about and liken them as clean cup outside and very dirty inside. Now this is my point devil have given the children means of taking the true preaching off from the pulpit but replace with only physical appearance. Am still saying it no place , I mean no place where bible condemn using of earrings , in exodus where God told the israelites to "remove" it is different from "thou shall not use it". Simple sense we lack. Shame!!!!!!!!.
Complete shame
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 11:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
analice107:

He gave a blank answer because he doesn't know what he is talking about. Imagine him saying God asking the Israelites to borrow jewelries while leaving Egypt was a figure of speech. The guy is totally nuts and you are here to agree with him even though he is wrong.
By all means, you must stand against the truth.
Since you have a better answer, I'll ask you the question. Is wearing of earrings moral or immoral?
Re: . by analice107: 11:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Since you have a better answer, I'll ask you the question. Is wearing of earrings moral or immoral?
Let's start here, define morality. And state the Premise upon which you are standing on to define what morality or immorality is.
Image asked you a question, is wearing a red dress instead of a white one, immoral or moral? you jumped it.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 12:09am On Jul 09, 2016
analice107:

Let's start here, define morality. And state the Premise upon which you are standing on to define what morality or immorality is.
Image asked you a question, is wearing a red dress instead of a white one, immoral or moral? you jumped it.
Morality: Beliefs about what is right behaviour and wrong behaviour. My premise is the English dictionary. Wearing a red, white, blue or yellow dress is moral. Now answer my question.
Re: . by DeSepiero(m): 2:02am On Jul 09, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

YOU PROFESSIONAL LIAR! Yes God mentioned "earrings" in the bible verses you quoted but the earrings there was used as a figure of speech and not literally. also jewelry may have been mentioned in the bible verses but where you there at the time? do you know what jewelry was being referred to? are you trying to imply that God was telling the Israelites to go and borrow jewelry so that they can wear it and look beautiful with it? the bible in several areas is a parable and a christian needs to have Christian intelligence to understand the bible. having said that, THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PIERCING YOUR EARS FOR EARRINGS SAKE AND PUTTING ON "JEWELRY". for example some cultural attires in Nigeria like the female Benin cultural attire has some beaded necklace accessories with it. in such situations the beaded necklace which is a form of jewelry goes with the attire and if a christian woman wears such a necklace although it may still be vanity but it can be argued that it is just an inexpensive beaded necklace that rhymes with her cultural attire. but this is entirely different from taking a needle and defiling the temple of the holy spirit by piercing it so that you can insert earrings. So which is more appealing to satan, a woman occasionally wearing an inexpensive beaded necklace that rhymes with her attire or a woman piercing the temple of the holy spirit with a needle just so that you can put on earrings? a word they say is enough for the wise.

So much folly in one post.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 3:21am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: . by jcross19: 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

YOU DECEIVING SERPENT! yes the pharisees who acted holy in public but were sinful inside are evil but does that mean that preachers that warn Christian women that the use of earrings is immodest and sinful are also like the pharisees? you mentioned those that are clean on the outside but are dirty on the inside, but what of those that are clean on the outside and clean on the inside? dear true Christians, this person is trying to twist the truth. here is the truth: there are 3 types of preachers, 2 are false and 1 is true. the first false preacher is like the pharisees who act holy and modest in public but are sinful inside. the second false preacher is the type that will tell you that all you need to saved is to believe that Jesus is your Savior, these sort of evil preachers who are not children of God in the first place deceitfully tell you that you can live your life as you want as long as you have faith in Jesus Christ, they preach this to you so that you can keep on partying, fornicating and being immodest so that you can lose your salvation. the bible says that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will be saved but Jesus also told the woman to go and sin no more, he said sin no more. God also said in the bible, be holy because i am holy hence the true preacher is the one that will tell you that as a child of God there are some evils in the society you should not copy as these were created not by children of God but by children of the devil. the true preacher knows that taking a needle to pierce you ears for vanity is sinful and he will preach this to you.
you said that the "devil have given the children means of taking the true preaching off from the pulpit but replace with only physical appearance" dear true Christians, beware of false preachers that use the devils name for deceit, this person wants to deceive you that earrings are alright and he has spoken of the devil in a way to make you believe that he is telling you the truth. to the poster, let me help you rephrase that sentence: "the devil has given his children like you means of taking the true preaching which is to preach modesty, repentance and judgement off from the pulpit and replace it with tolerance of evil immodesty so that people may be deceived into losing their salvation. when you were referring to exodus what exactly were you talking about? i have read exodus and i believe it was Aaron and not God that told the Israelites to take off their earrings after which he melted it and created a golden calf for them which they worshiped.
may God show you mercy,and forgive you and let the truth in the bible judge me and you from today. I have nothing to say . But please can you quote from the bible where it was stated that thou shall not use ornament. Remember israelites have 613 or 603 laws and there is no place where they condemned using ornament in all these laws in the bible.
Re: . by jcross19: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
truthman2012:

Trash !!!!

I think the op is very poor in understanding things in the bible. Op you need holy spirit to interpret the word to you, mentality have turn to doctrines in church. My people perish because they lack knowledge.

1 Like

Re: . by analice107: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

Did i just say maybe? what do do you mean by that? i have made a very good attempt to warn about the sinfulness of wearing earrings and all you can pick out from the post is that i said maybe? you have seen that you have failed in the moral and truth debate so now you want to use technicalities. for your information we are not in a court of law here and neither are we in English class. and yes i said with 100% confidence when i said the the gold that was being referred to may have been golden cups or wares or something of that nature that was required for some other use. but like i said in the post which you deceitfully failed to mention is that i was not there at the time and nether were you, but one thing i know for sure is that God did not tell them go and borrow gold like earrings so that they can wear it and look beautiful with it for the sake of vanity. you said that i "babbled on and on incoherently" may i ask where is the babble and incoherence when i tried to reveal deceivers that deceive women that earrings are alright as long as they don't take too much pride in wearing the earrings? What do you mean when you said "What Peter said, and what I said are world's apart"? dear true Christians, what did i say? i said that deceivers use that verse of peter to deceive that all peter was saying was that a woman should not let her beauty come from her outward adornments, i said that the deceivers then go on to lie that a woman can wear earrings as long as she does not let her beauty come from it. i was not trying to say what peter said, i was revealing how deceivers try to twist the bible in order to deceive.
you try to form as if you are one "legal" English professional professor but you are nothing but a cheap deceiver who is trying to deceive as many people as you can into hell.
you pretended as if you were laughing right? now let me ask you point blank: IS IT SINFUL OR NOT FOR A CHRISTIAN WOMAN TO PIERCE HER EARS FOR EARRINGS SAKE? I DARE YOU TO LAUGH AT THAT. YOU CANNOT LAUGH AT THAT BECAUSE YOU KNOW I AM TELLING THE TRUTH. i guess i am the one laughing at you now.......Hahahahahaha
Aww, he is laughing. I wish you were laughing because you indeed know what you are talking about. You picked out earnings and won't touch Clothes, or braiding of weaving hair. What is sinful in wearing earings?
Guy, do well to preach rebirth in Christ. Preach repentance from sin, preach forgiveness, preach against Pride, arrogance, self conceitedness, haughtiness, maliciousness, greed, bitterness, wickedness, fornication, idolatry, and the rest. These are the things that keeps people from being spiritually reborn, not wearing ear rings. You talk plenty without making any real sense.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
analice107:

Aww, he is laughing. I wish you were laughing because you indeed know what you are talking about. You picked out earnings and won't touch Clothes, or braiding of weaving hair. What is sinful in wearing earings?
Guy, do well to preach rebirth in Christ. Preach repentance from sin, preach forgiveness, preach against Pride, arrogance, self conceitedness, haughtiness, maliciousness, greed, bitterness, wickedness, fornication, idolatry, and the rest. These are the things that keeps people from being spiritually reborn, not wearing ear rings. You talk plenty without making any real sense.

Please tell them to preach about key things like ways to inherit eternal life and not trivial issues.

These people are tiring with their warped perception of scripture smh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deeper Life Easter Retreat Rescheduled For May 13-15 / Matthew, Mark, Luke And John - Are They Old Or New Testament ? / Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.