Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,593 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (5647 Views)

Tolu And Tobi, Bimbo Odukoya's Daughters / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About / Pastor Impregnates Married Woman & Her 2 Daughters During All-night Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 05, 2016

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
This are the kind of laws that grace preachers should be fighting.
Re: . by truthman2012(m): 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
When the children of Israel were to leave Egypt, God told them to borrow jewelries from the Egyptians and the Bible says God gave them favour in their sight (Exodus 11:1-3). My question is, what were they to do with the jewelries God told them to collect?

Ezekiel 16:11-14

11 I adorned you with ornaments, put bracelets on your hands and a necklace around your neck. 12 I also put a ring in your nostril, earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. 13 Thus you were adorned with gold and silver, and your dress was of fine linen, silk and embroidered cloth. You ate fine flour, honey and oil; so you were exceedingly beautiful and advanced to royalty. 14 Then your fame went forth among the nations on account of your beauty, for it was perfect because of My splendor which I bestowed on you,” declares the Lord God.

Why would God make such analogy if jewelries are evil?

Genesis 2:12
"And the GOLD of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone".
Do we call evil what God said is good?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by jcross19: 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
Am still searching where God forbid using of jewelleries and make it as a commandment. God could have added it to the ten commandment.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
Where are the objective morality crooners?...CC. Kingebukasblog, Image123, Winner01 etc.
Re: . by Image123(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Where are the objective morality crooners?...CC. Kingebukasblog, Image123, Winner01 etc.

What do you need?
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
Image123:

What do you need?
The bible is the source of your objective morality. Is wearing of earrings moral or not?

1 Like

Re: . by Qualer: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
Avoidhellfire:
This topic has probably been discussed on several occasions here and this is just to inform people that wearing of earrings is immodest and immodesty is a sin. it has been discovered that some deceiving infiltrators of the Church try to deceive by arguing that there is no where in the Bible where earrings are forbidden but the Bible warns against being a lover of the world. the main sin associated with wearing of earrings is the vanity involved in defiling your body by piercing it. you pierced your body which is a temple of the holy spirit just so that you can put on earrings. so what of clip on earrings? with clip on earrings you could argue that you have not defiled your body by piercing it but even with that vanity is still vanity and a child of God should not even have the time for any form of earrings. another way deceiving infiltrators of the church try to deceive is by lying that a Christian woman can wear earrings as long as she doesn't make it superior to her Christian life, after all the Bible states that a woman should not let her beauty come from outward adornment (1 Peter 3.3), the deceivers then lie that a woman can wear earrings as long as she doesn't let her beauty come from the earrings. but this is a lie and it was a professional lie like this that deceived Eve.
Another way people may get deceived is through false pastors and churches that don't condemn earrings and also through the vast amount of people that wear earrings. So just because your friends and all of the people you see in the church are wearing earrings that doesn't mean you should copy them as the road that leads to salvation is very narrow. Also who told you that all those people you see wearing earrings in the church are true Christians? They could all be pagans pretending to be Christians, so don't copy them. Even if you see female preachers, female choir and pastors wives wearing earrings, don't copy them, they could all be pagans pretending to be Christians. Finally, deceit may occur through the family. So let's say you are a Christian woman but your ears were pierced as a child by your parents who claim to be Christians and as a result you believe that earrings are alright since your parents were the one that pierced you ears. But you need to know that the world today is mixed i.e your parents can be paganic false Christians and yet you will be a child of God. So if your parents pierced your ears then they are either paganic false Christians or they were ignorant. If I have a baby daughter now do you think I will take her to those that do piercing so that her ears will be drilled into so that she can put on earrings? There are some traditions in the world that was created by the devil which a Christian must not copy, the tradition of piercing the ears of baby girls was not invented by children of God but by children of the devil. So don't copy them. You have been warned, don't follow the masses with wearing earrings.
instead follow the narrow path that leads to salvation.

1 Like

Re: . by Image123(m): 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The bible is the source of your objective morality. Is wearing of earrings moral or not?

Lol, i will come back to this. Anyways, the Bible is better than your source which you said is YOU. Is it moral to wear a green dress or a red dress?
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Image123:

Lol, i will come back to this. Anyways, the Bible is better than your source which you said is YOU. Is it moral to wear a green dress or a red dress?
They are both morally acceptable. I ask again. Is wearing of earrings immoral or not?

5 Likes

Re: . by winner01(m): 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I'm here and theres nothing new. You're still obsessed about God and religion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Haddeyholler(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
Na u wan send them to hell?

1 Like

Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
winner01:
I'm here and theres nothing new. You're still obsessed about God and religion.
I don't deny my obsession. I am obsessed with a whole lot of things. I'll ask again. Is wearing earrings immoral or not?

2 Likes

Re: . by winner01(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don't deny my obsession. I am obsessed with a whole lot of things. I'll ask again. Is wearing earrings immoral or not?
You dont deserve an answer, what you deserve is me reminding you how obsessed you are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
winner01:
You dont deserve an answer, what you deserve is me reminding you how obsessed you are.
In other words, you can't provide an answer without tying a noose around your neck. I copy.

4 Likes

Re: . by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
winner01:

This is so true

1 Like

Re: . by diablos: 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
The bondage of religion is a curse to mankind

4 Likes

Re: . by otemanuduno: 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
jcross19:
Am still searching where God forbid using of jewelleries and make it as a commandment. God could have added it to the ten commandment.
your god is an author of confusion. He ministered this thing into the heart of Avoidhellfire his great minister, but here you are, trying to say that you, a minister of God also, are still searching. Muafrika2 is also saying another thing and there is no agreement in the body of Christ. The organs are just malfunctioning. Why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THEIR BODY HOWEVER I DO AGREE WITH THE OP I LIKE NATURAL PEOPLE AND THATS JUST ME DON'T DEFILE UR BODY!!

BUT HOWEVER ITS UR BODY IF U LIKE CUT UR HAND E NO CONCERN ME
Re: . by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
Re: . by jcross19: 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
otemanuduno:
your god is an author of confusion. He ministered this thing into the heart of Avoidhellfire his great minister, but here you are, trying to say that you, a minister of God also, are still searching. Muafrika2 is also saying another thing and there is no agreement in the body of Christ. The organs are just malfunctioning. Why?
bible is open for different interpretation which can be influence by your mentality which give rise to different doctrine. You are the confused one mr otem.
Re: . by jcross19: 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

YOU PROFESSIONAL LIAR! Yes God mentioned "earrings" in the bible verses you quoted but the earrings there was used as a figure of speech and not literally. also jewelry may have been mentioned in the bible verses but where you there at the time? do you know what jewelry was being referred to? are you trying to imply that God was telling the Israelites to go and borrow jewelry so that they can wear it and look beautiful with it? the bible in several areas is a parable and a christian needs to have Christian intelligence to understand the bible. having said that, THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PIERCING YOUR EARS FOR EARRINGS SAKE AND PUTTING ON "JEWELRY". for example some cultural attires in Nigeria like the female Benin cultural attire has some beaded necklace accessories with it. in such situations the beaded necklace which is a form of jewelry goes with the attire and if a christian woman wears such a necklace although it may still be vanity but it can be argued that it is just an inexpensive beaded necklace that rhymes with her cultural attire. but this is entirely different from taking a needle and defiling the temple of the holy spirit by piercing it so that you can insert earrings. So which is more appealing to satan, a woman occasionally wearing an inexpensive beaded necklace that rhymes with her attire or a woman piercing the temple of the holy spirit with a needle just so that you can put on earrings? a word they say is enough for the wise.
ah jesus!!!!!!!!!! Please can you refer people where it was stated in that manner I mean in bible verse that say using earring mean you are defiling your temple? check your bible very well there is no place in a bible that condemned it but God was angry with the israelites because they used to made an idol that's all . If you like I will give you all quotations concerning earrings. Modesty and decency is part of it. How you dress determine how people will address you here in nigeria.
Re: . by Image123(m): 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
They are both morally acceptable. I ask again. Is wearing of earrings immoral or not?

It's a non-essential issue really. It has nothing to do with the subject matter of SALVATION. If you think otherwise, lemme see the Bible verse, thanks.

1 Like

Re: . by Goshen360(m): 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
Shaking my God given head at religion and religious people. God is sooooooooooooo bothered about your earrings that He will throw people in hell? You make ridicule of Christianity with your jokes.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Image123:

It's a non-essential issue really. It has nothing to do with the subject matter of SALVATION. If you think otherwise, lemme see the Bible verse, thanks.
This is not an answer. You'd make a good conman. Moral or Immoral?

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 06, 2016
otemanuduno:
Because there is freedom of thought with our good God.
Re: . by Image123(m): 5:58am On Jul 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

This is not answer. You'd make a good conman. Moral or Immoral?

Is there any unacceptable colour then? i do not think that wearing of earrings has anything to do with morality IN THE CONTEXT OF SALVATION. If you have any Scriptures to the contrary, i'm willing to see it. Morality is more than right and wrong, that is why i'm been very careful not to be general. Like for instance as we are discussing colours, we may as well discuss basic education and it's morality. i cannot give a blank answer on such issues.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 6:20am On Jul 06, 2016
Image123:

Is there any unacceptable colour then? i do not think that wearing of earrings has anything to do with morality IN THE CONTEXT OF SALVATION. If you have any Scriptures to the contrary, i'm willing to see it. Morality is more than right and wrong, that is why i'm been very careful not to be general. Like for instance as we are discussing colours, we may as well discuss basic education and it's morality. i cannot give a blank answer on such issues.
The OP(a born-again christian gave a blank answer). You who is also born again cannot. You both have the bible as your moral standard. How then can you say morality is objective when you both cannot agree on what is what?

3 Likes

Re: . by Image123(m): 6:37am On Jul 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The OP(a born-again christian gave a blank answer). You who is also born again cannot. You both have the bible as your moral standard. How then can you say morality is objective when you both cannot agree on what is what?

Well, i'm yet to see where the Bible gave a blank answer in this context, i stand with the Bible. We all have a right to our opinions and different levels of understanding. That takes nothing away from him/her or me, we all grow at different paces. What someone in Level 1 knows is different from what someone else in another level knows. They are both humans and perhaps students of the same school. i understand what you are trying to imply, that one of us MUST be fake, we must all have the same view and understanding to be true christians etc. Even the Bible does not expect that or say so.
We are given ministers so that;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

That period is yet to happen, we do not all have the same knowledge or "unity" of the faith. We can agree to disagree on many issues, it does not necessarily mean that we are not brethren, or that one is not a true christian.

1 Like

Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 6:57am On Jul 06, 2016
Image123:

Well, i'm yet to see where the Bible gave a blank answer in this context, i stand with the Bible. We all have a right to our opinions and different levels of understanding. That takes nothing away from him/her or me, we all grow at different paces. What someone in Level 1 knows is different from what someone else in another level knows. They are both humans and perhaps students of the same school. i understand what you are trying to imply, that one of us MUST be fake, we must all have the same view and understanding to be true christians etc. Even the Bible does not expect that or say so.
We are given ministers so that;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

That period is yet to happen, we do not all have the same knowledge or "unity" of the faith. We can agree to disagree on many issues, it does not necessarily mean that we are not brethren, or that one is not a true christian.
Neither of you is wrong, or right. My point is we make our own morality, bible or not.
Re: . by CAPSLOCKED: 8:17am On Jul 06, 2016
Lilbrown007:
PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THEIR BODY HOWEVER I DO AGREE WITH THE OP I LIKE NATURAL PEOPLE AND THATS JUST ME DON'T DEFILE UR BODY!!

BUT HOWEVER ITS UR BODY IF U LIKE CUT UR HAND E NO CONCERN ME

I SIGHT YOU..

1 Like

Re: . by jcross19: 10:06am On Jul 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
which op? I have discovered something about we nigerian christians, most of them are pharisee in style dress in decent, be in their natural self but in their heart they are vipers which jesus christ talked about and liken them as clean cup outside and very dirty inside. Now this is my point devil have given the children means of taking the true preaching off from the pulpit but replace with only physical appearance. Am still saying it no place , I mean no place where bible condemn using of earrings , in exodus where God told the israelites to "remove" it is different from "thou shall not use it". Simple sense we lack. Shame!!!!!!!!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Matthew, Mark, Luke And John - Are They Old Or New Testament ? / Christian Brothers & Sisters!!! / I Keep Having Dreams About Rapture..... Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.