Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (5707 Views)

Tolu And Tobi, Bimbo Odukoya's Daughters / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About / Pastor Impregnates Married Woman & Her 2 Daughters During All-night Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by analice107: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
dazzle101:

Please tell them to preach about key things like ways to inherit eternal life and not trivial issues.

These people are tiring with their warped perception of scripture smh...
Don't mind this Pharisee, leaving weightier matters to dwell on trivial. Unforgiveness, anger, bitterness, self conceitedness and rebellion are pulling people down everyday, l he is here talking is wearing of ear rings. When put through, he goes on straw grasping expedition. This type don't care if souls are saved or not, they pay more attention on whether women are covering their hair to pray or not.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
analice107:

Don't mind this Pharisee, leaving weightier matters to dwell on trivial. Unforgiveness, anger, bitterness, self conceitedness and rebellion are pulling people down everyday, l he is here talking is wearing of ear rings. When put through, he goes on straw grasping expedition. This type don't care if souls are saved or not, they pay more attention on whether women are covering their hair to pray or not.

Exactly....

I wonder why their own preaching always have to downplay women, they never have anything for men lol(which doesn't matter) but then such vipers should be made to know their place and understand they can't just come on here spewing thrash from their man made doctrines they have been enslaved to.

If only he spent all this effort trying to preach the word and win more souls, it would have paid off rather than condemning others for such a banal issue...
Re: . by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 11, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 11, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 11, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

Here is another deceiver. So telling women to avoid the sin of defiling the temple of the holy spirit is not a key thing?
you mentioning "eternal life" is like the devil mentioning eternal life.

By their fruits you shall no them.

Your own speech gives you away!

Don't you dare drag me into ur nonsense. I never mentioned u in the first place, geddit
Re: . by Image123(m): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Are Jehovah's Witnesses also partakers of this salvation?

If they have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Salvation is personal, not denominational.

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

the devil that is criticizing a person that is warning women on the sinfulness of earrings is now quoting the Bible.
my speech shows that I am a true preacher.

Get off my mention u swine...

Such a nuisance!!
Re: . by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

YOU PROFESSIONAL LIAR! Yes God mentioned "earrings" in the bible verses you quoted but the earrings there was used as a figure of speech and not literally. also jewelry may have been mentioned in the bible verses but where you there at the time? do you know what jewelry was being referred to? are you trying to imply that God was telling the Israelites to go and borrow jewelry so that they can wear it and look beautiful with it? the bible in several areas is a parable and a christian needs to have Christian intelligence to understand the bible. having said that, THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PIERCING YOUR EARS FOR EARRINGS SAKE AND PUTTING ON "JEWELRY". for example some cultural attires in Nigeria like the female Benin cultural attire has some beaded necklace accessories with it. in such situations the beaded necklace which is a form of jewelry goes with the attire and if a christian woman wears such a necklace although it may still be vanity but it can be argued that it is just an inexpensive beaded necklace that rhymes with her cultural attire. but this is entirely different from taking a needle and defiling the temple of the holy spirit by piercing it so that you can insert earrings. So which is more appealing to satan, a woman occasionally wearing an inexpensive beaded necklace that rhymes with her attire or a woman piercing the temple of the holy spirit with a needle just so that you can put on earrings? a word they say is enough for the wise.

Guy you are undeniably confused. If earrings were demonic, God wouldn't even use it in a figure of speech to refer to a good act but rather to an abhorrent one. The harlot in Revelation was symbolic of false religion, so if earrings were bad, it would be used in the same way as the harlot. If earrings were evil, so it means God was telling the Israelites that He had clothed them evil. To me, you have proven nothing, this is just an act of religious bigotry.
Re: . by truthmans2012: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

Yes you could be a liar because you are trying to deceive women into believing that the vanity of wearing earrings is not sinful. And yes it could be figure of speech when God told the Israelites to go and borrow jewelry, may be not a parable as you falsely accused, but may be the jewelry and gold that was being referred to meant golden cups and wares required for domestic use or something of that nature. I was not there at the time and neither were you but one thing I do know is that God did not tell the Israelites to go and borrow gold and jewelry like earrings to wear so that they can look beautiful with it.
What do you mean by saying that the bible passage you classical Christians usually refer to is 1 peter 3:3-5? Wasn’t I the one that stated in the original post that deceivers use these verses to deceive by lying that women can wear earrings as long as they don’t let their beauty come from it?
What do you mean by saying that my obedience is incomplete and what do you mean by saying that why do I take braiding of hair and reject wearing of earrings? Did the bible say that it is compulsory for women to braid their hair? So what do you mean by saying that why do I take braiding of hair and reject wearing of earrings? Also did the bible say that it is compulsory for women to wear jewelry? So why are you trying to deceitfully imply that the bible encourages jewelry? The bible only states that women should not let their beauty come from braiding and jewelry it did not say that a woman must braid her hair or wear jewelry so why are you trying to drag the bible in the mud by insinuating that the bible encourages jewelry wearing and braiding of hair? You said that don’t Christian women braid their hair? you should note that the braiding being referred to in the bible was probably “plating”. I am sure the bible was not referring to the braids of today where “Brazilian hair attachments” will be attached to a woman’s hair. The braiding being referred to there was plating and plating your hair is not immodesty. But hair attachments is immodesty because you loved the world so much that you took someone else’s hair to attach to your own body not for surgical reasons but for that sake of vanity.
You said that what the bible is talking about is moderation or modest dressing and that a woman's beauty doesn't end in outward appearance but what also is inside her. You also said that it is no sin if you don't wear earrings and neither is it a sin if you wear and that the most important thing is their faith in God and their submission to their husband.
UNBELIEVABLE! Haven’t I revealed deceivers like you already? Dear true Christians on nairaland, didn’t I warn of deceivers like this in the original post? Didn’t I warn that some professional, gentle, cunning, smooth talking, deceitful polite infiltrators of the church will come and say that all that matters is the heart and faith of woman and that wearing earrings is okay as long as she doesn’t take too much pride in it? Didn’t I warn that it was a gentle lie like this that deceived Eve?

You said that how does wearing earrings affect God? You also said that a woman who wears earrings who fears god and avoids sin is in the sight of god better than a sinful woman who doesn't wear earrings. YOU DECEIVING SERPENT! IT WAS A SERPENT LIKE YOU THAT WALKED UP TO EVE IN THE GARDEN. For your information sin is sin, you cannot commit the sin of piercing the temple of the holy spirit and putting on earrings on one hand and try to redeem that sin by claiming to avoid other sins in the sight of God.

You said that why do you cut your hair and tamper with God's temple and why do you cut your nails?
Didn’t I counter this deceit of yours in the post when I used the example of the beaded necklace? Didn’t imply that there is a big difference between some moderate grooming and defiling the temple of the holy spirit by piercing it for vanity? Cutting of hair and finger nails is totally different from a woman taking a needle and piercing her ears for the sake of vanity.
TO CHRISTIAN WOMEN, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, TAKE OFF YOUR EARRINGS AND REPENT

Do people call jewelry golden cup or ware for domestic use? They call them utensils not jewelry.

Jewelry is defined by English dictionary as: "personal ornaments, such as necklaces, rings, or bracelets, that are typically made from or contain jewels and precious metal.
Re: . by jcross19: 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

the devil that is criticizing a person that is warning women on the sinfulness of earrings is now quoting the Bible.
my speech shows that I am a true preacher.
jesus christ!!!!!!. You are shame to the body of christ, what kind of christian are you? You condemn others and call yourself true preacher? Wonderful ! This is end of discussion . Repent and be a genuine born again because you are far from it.
Re: . by Timothy3113(m): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
oyega:
[b][/b] Don't you read what Christ says concerning law? Its only for heavenly reward, not for salvation of man. If you need Bible passages for this truth I quote me.
please can you give more insight about these
Re: . by jcross19: 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
Op please can you just bring a single verse, I mean a single verse that condemned your claimed because in the bible we have lots of verses that condemned evils like lust, wickedness,envy,greedy,fornication ,drunkard, killing and so many evil habit so please can you bring out the verse. And if there is none and you are condemning people calling people names . Let all the condemnations and all the negative names you call people back to you in the mighty name of jesus. Because you have no right to judge anyone.
Re: . by Timothy3113(m): 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
Please Avoidhellfire, I need some clarification on somethings.
When you speak of earrings, do you speak of neck chains, rings, bangles e.t.c as sin.

When we speak of sin, is it our motive behind an action that leads to sin or there are some laid down rules that if we if we some break that leads to sin.
Re: . by azakwangz: 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
AVOIDHELLFIRE or whatever ......... U are talking about things of the world and you only emphasize on EARRINGS and JEWERIES only y not talk about the CLOTHS u wear are they nt things of d world ? walk naked and claim u are holy ... abi the CARS u enter today are nt things of the world? trek to ur village nau and be claiming hol..... the PHONE u use is nt part of the things of the world abiiii and dnt forget u ar also in a SOCIAL MEDIA social media is for heavely thing abi...
Some people just try to turn things upsidedown nd God will punish them 4 dat

U THINK IT UR HARDWORK ON EARTH DAT CAN TAKE
U TO HEAVEN ABI
pls dnt be deceive it is only God grace upon ur lives
that can save u
JESUS IS ONLY SAVIOR ...... PLS LEARN IT TODAY
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
Image123:

If they have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Salvation is personal, not denominational.

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
Jehovah's witnesses deny the personality of the Holy Spirit, their believe that all the 'miracles' in other denominations are Satan-inspired, they believe that you all are going to be destroyed at Armageddon(whatever that means). Do they still get to make your heaven?
Re: . by iHarrie(m): 8:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
Jeremiah 4:30, " And [when] thou [art] spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; [thy] lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life."

Please, I don't like where this thread is heading, if it's stirring up strife and contention between the brethren, then it should be closed.
Re: . by Image123(m): 10:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Jehovah's witnesses deny the personality of the Holy Spirit, their believe that all the 'miracles' in other denominations are Satan-inspired, they believe that you all are going to be destroyed at Armageddon(whatever that means). Do they still get to make your heaven?

Lol. What is their belief about salvation? i think that is what is most important. Correct doctrine does not bring salvation, it is salvation by grace through faith. IF thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believes.
You seem to be intent in me condemning somebody shaaa. It's not my job to. Even if i did, i do not have the final say. Jesus does. He did not send us to condemn anyone. What i can correctly do is point out that something is wrong or that someone is not in the right way/path. It is not in my job description to handpick those that make heaven. Whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life, that one is sure.
Re: . by P0intBlank(m): 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
iHarrie:
Jeremiah 4:30, " And [when] thou [art] spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; [thy] lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life."

Please, I don't like where this thread is heading, if it's stirring up strife and contention between the brethren, then it should be closed.

I am sure you know "spoiled" here doesn't mean bad like in "spoiled" child. Also, quoting a verse in isolation can be misleading. If you can, please read other versions of the bible to get a clearer understanding.
Re: . by P0intBlank(m): 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
Thank God the OP is not God...sigh of relief
Re: . by P0intBlank(m): 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
I wonder why people with this mindset think it's cool to tastefully decorate their houses but not their bodies.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
Image123:

Lol. What is their belief about salvation? i think that is what is most important. Correct doctrine does not bring salvation, it is salvation by grace through faith. IF thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believes.
You seem to be intent in me condemning somebody shaaa. It's not my job to. Even if i did, i do not have the final say. Jesus does. He did not send us to condemn anyone. What i can correctly do is point out that something is wrong or that someone is not in the right way/path. It is not in my job description to handpick those that make heaven. Whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life, that one is sure.
That means all I have to do is believe. No strings attached right?
Re: . by P0intBlank(m): 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
truthman2012:

Trash !!!!

Liar? Is it my words or Bible's? You don't know what you are saying.

How could you say God telling the Israelites to take jewelries from Egyptians is a parable? Parable about what?

The Bible passage you classical Christians usually refer to is 1 Peter 3:3-5:

1 Peter 3:3–5
3. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— 4. but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. 5. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands,

This same passage also talks about braiding of hair. Don't your women braid their hair? Why do you take braiding of hair and reject wearing of earrings? Your obedience is incomplete. Why do you wear cloth because the passage also talks about wearing of cloth? You people wear the most expensive cloth. Misinterpretation the Bible.

What the Bible is talking about is moderation or modest dressing and that a woman's beauty doesn't end in outward appearance but what also is inside her.

It is no sin if you don't wear earrings and neither is it a sin if you wear. Their is no proof that the holy women referred to in the passage weren't wearing earring, the most important thing is their faith in God and their submission to their husband.

How does wearing earrings affect God? A woman who wears earrings and commits fornication is not different from the one who doesn't wear and commit the same sin. A woman who wears earrings who fears God and avoids sin is in the sight of God better than a sinful woman who doesn't wear earrings.

Piercing the ear: why do you cut your hair and tamper with God's temple? Why do you cut your nails tampering with God's temple? Are doing these not making you handsome or beautiful? Imagine how you will look leaving them untouched because you don't want to tamper with God's temple.

God bless you bro. That brother wants to put our sisters under the burden of guilt. Parable ni, Parable ko. What I see is someone who has a fixed view point already then goes into bible looking for scriptures to back that view up.

Genesis 24:22 records that Abraham's servant gave Rebecca a golden earring and two hand bracelets (these gifts Abraham handed to his servants as he went in search of a wife for Isaac). So Abraham Father of faith didn't see anything wrong with it.

Exodus 32.2 clearly states that Israeli women wore gold rings (possibly from their spoils of Eygpt)

Exodus 35:22 says men and women (those who were willing) donated their gold jeweries which included brooches, earrings, rings and ornaments toward the building of the tabernacle.

The scripture they always quote in Peter is not an instruction against wearing but a reminder that inner beauty is more important than outer beauty hence should be the emphasis

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 12, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 12, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 12, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 12, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 12, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 12, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 12, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 12, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Temple of YHVH Almighty / It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri / 12 Year Old Destroys The Trinity Argument - "Out Of The Mouth Of Babes"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.