Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (5698 Views)

Tolu And Tobi, Bimbo Odukoya's Daughters / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About / Pastor Impregnates Married Woman & Her 2 Daughters During All-night Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 3:30am On Jul 12, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

Guy, you are a cheap deceiver that wants to lure as many people as you can into hell. Earrings are sinful and you know that. But even if we are to use your lie, you have convicted yourself by saying that why will God use a figure of speech to refer to a good act but rather to an abhorrent one…….this is why a figure of speech is a figure of speech, a figure of speech is not meant literally and therefore you cannot argue that why will God use it to refer to a good act. You have seen that you have failed on the moral and truth debate so now you want to use technicalities. Therefore I will also use technicalities, let me ask you, if you are a lawyer can you use a figure of speech in a court of law whilst giving technical details to the judge? You cannot because it is figure of speech and it is not meant literally. Hence you cannot argue that why did God use a figure of speech to refer to a good act because of the fact that it is a figure of speech. If God had said “go and pierce your ears and put earrings in them so that you can look beautiful with it” then you can argue that why will God refer to the wearing of earrings as a good act. But it was a figure of speech and therefore your argument is false.
ALSO WHY DID GOD FORBID THE IMMODESTY OF TATTOOS? GOD SAID THAT WE SHOULD NOT TATTOO OUR BODIES SO WHY WILL THE GOD THAT SAID WE SHOULD NOT TATTOO OUR BODIES ALLOW THE PIERCING OF OUR BODIES FOR THE SAKE OF VANITY?
Dear true Christians this person has quoted the book of revelation and the story of the harlot in order to deceive you that he is true so that he can deceive you.

This is nothing but incoherence and outrageous bruhahas. Your post betrays the rational mind. You are too sanctimonious..... I mean, would God use something abhorrent to refer to an act of kindness? What is abhorrent would be used for abhorrence. Like bitterness is a symbol of corruption in bible prophecies. Can you now tell me that white represents evil? If earrings are evil, why would God use it to represent His love for Israel? See bros!!! You are a desperate apologist. A self-righteous/Pharisaic crusader.
Re: . by P0intBlank(m): 6:11am On Jul 12, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

YOU LIAR! Genesis 24 says that Rebeca was given a nose ring and not earrings for her pierced ears, she was also given gold bracelets. was Rebecca's nose pierced? i don't know and maybe not. didn't i explain when i used the analogy of the beads? you are missing the point here, wearing jewelry that is not earring for your pierced ears although is immodest is totally different from piercing your ears. didn't i explain this when i used the example of the clip on earrings? where i said that clip on earrings are immodest and sinful but even with that, they may not be as sinful as a woman piercing her ears for earrings. the point i am trying to make here is the piercing and not jewelry in general even though jewelry are immodest. now to conclude, who will you rather copy, an ancient Jewish tradition of giving out nose rings or the humility of Jesus Christ which teaches us not to love the world, which teaches us to be modest, which teaches us that it is difficult for a rich man to enter heaven, which teaches us that last will become first and first will become last, which teaches us that we should give all we have to the poor and follow him? will you copy the nose ring in genesis or will you follow Jesus Christ.
In regards to Exodus 35:22 which you quoted and which says "So they came, both men and women. All who were of a willing heart brought brooches and earrings and signet rings and armlets, all sorts of gold objects, every man dedicating an offering of gold to the LORD". you have convicted yourself because since the coming of Jesus Christ God no longer accepts such sacrifices and offerings. Jesus Christ the son God was the last and final offering. also Exodus 35:22 which you quoted only said they brought earrings it didn't say that earrings are not sinful.
ALSO SOME THINGS MAY HAVE APPEARED TO BE TOLERATED IN THE BIBLE BUT COPYING THOSE THINGS CAN LEAD YOU TO HELL. ABRAHAM THE FATHER OF ISAAC WHOSE SERVANT GAVE THAT NOSE RING AND BRACELETS TO REBECA HAD 2 WIVES SO WHY NOT COPY ABRAHAM BY MARRYING TWO WIVES AND SAY TO YOURSELF “AFTER ALL ABRAHAM HAD 2 WIVES, ITS IN THE BIBLE, I WILL ALSO MARRY 2 WIVES” IF YOU DO SO, YOU WILL BE AN ADULTERER AND YOU MAY END UP IN HELL.
What do you mean by saying "That brother wants to put our sisters under the burden of guilt". dear true Christians of what gain is it for me to warn about the sinfulness of earrings if they are not sinful? the only thing i gain by preaching against earrings is to support those lovely true christian women who don't engage in the immodesty of earrings, i also gain when i convince other women to dump the vanity, immodesty and sin of earrings.
WHY DON'T YOU GO AND TELL THOSE TOUGH CHRISTIAN WOMEN THAT DON'T WEAR EARRINGS THAT THEY SHOULD WEAR EARRINGS SINCE REBECCA WAS GIVEN A NOSE RING? I TRUST THOSE MY CHRISTIAN WOMEN, THEY WILL SHOUT AT YOU "GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!"
you mentioned God bless you...i hate when false Christians use the term God bless in order to deceive that they are true.

First, I'm not a liar. "And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold' (Gen 24:22 KJV). I already know your mind is fixed, legalistic and judgemental like the pharisees of Jesus' day so there's nothing I would tell you that would convince you. Actually I'm not making any effort to. But I don't want you to confuse others.

Wearing Jewelry is in no way immodest. If you find it immodest, please don't wear cause your conscience will condemn you. However, don't impose your self-made standards on others. 1 Peter 3:5 talks about taking cues from the women of old like Sarah, Esther and the rest. Give me proof that these women didn't wear jewelries. If Abraham gave out earrings or nose rings (both require piercing), then the chances are that Sarah wore them too.
Re: . by Image123(m): 10:30am On Jul 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
That means all I have to do is believe. No strings attached right?

To be saved, YES. That belief BTW is hinged on repentance. It's too cheap right?

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Do you want to believe?
Re: . by P0intBlank(m): 10:36am On Jul 12, 2016
truthman2012:
When the children of Israel were to leave Egypt, God told them to borrow jewelries from the Egyptians and the Bible says God gave them favour in their sight (Exodus 11:1-3). My question is, what were they to do with the jewelries God told them to collect?

Ezekiel 16:11-14

11 I adorned you with ornaments, put bracelets on your hands and a necklace around your neck. 12 I also put a ring in your nostril, earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. 13 Thus you were adorned with gold and silver, and your dress was of fine linen, silk and embroidered cloth. You ate fine flour, honey and oil; so you were exceedingly beautiful and advanced to royalty. 14 Then your fame went forth among the nations on account of your beauty, for it was perfect because of My splendor which I bestowed on you,” declares the Lord God.

Why would God make such analogy if jewelries are evil?

Genesis 2:12
"And the GOLD of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone".
Do we call evil what God said is good?

Never seen that passage in Ezekiel. Wow, it settles it. Thanks

The Bible even makes these comparisons:

Prov. 25:11-12 A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver. Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold is a wise man's rebuke to a listening ear.

Prov. 1:8-9 Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching. 9They will be a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.

How can something so immodest be likened to the beauty of sound counsel?
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2016
Image123:

To be saved, YES. That belief BTW is hinged on repentance. It's too cheap right?

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Do you want to believe?
I believe. I am saved. Hallelujah!
Re: . by Image123(m): 10:47am On Jul 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I believe. I am saved. Hallelujah!

That would be great news. Like i said though, your belief is based/hinged on repentance. Believing on the LORDSHIP of Jesus Christ means that you believe Him as your LORD and MASTER and that He died to save you FROM your sins.

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 11:41am On Jul 12, 2016
Image123:

That would be great news. Like i said though, your belief is based/hinged on repentance. Believing on the LORDSHIP of Jesus Christ means that you believe Him as your LORD and MASTER and that He died to save you FROM your sins.

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Now you are attaching strings.
Re: . by Image123(m): 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Now you are attaching strings.

Not at all, it is all over the Bible. Giving birth to a child has many things involved, the copulation, the conception, the pregnancy, the actual delivery, ante-natal, childcare till adulthood. All you need to deliver is push basically as it were. Responsibility is key.
Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2016
Image123:

Not at all, it is all over the Bible. Giving birth to a child has many things involved, the copulation, the conception, the pregnancy, the actual delivery, ante-natal, childcare till adulthood. All you need to deliver is push basically as it were. Responsibility is key.
Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
I like a simple life. This looks complicated. I'll think I'll pass.
Re: . by Image123(m): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I like a simple life. This looks complicated. I'll think I'll pass.

Responsibility is not complicated, it only takes discipline. The christian life is the most simple life, only that people make it difficult for themselves and others.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
Image123:

Responsibility is not complicated, it only takes discipline. The christian life is the most simple life, only that people make it difficult for themselves and others.
Verdict: All non-christians are irresponsible and indisciplined.
Re: . by Image123(m): 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Verdict: All non-christians are irresponsible and indisciplined.

Your verdict. Fair in my opinion. Anyone who is not saved is ultimately irresponsible and indisciplined. No wonder the Bible also classifies them as goats and fools. You made a valid point.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
Image123:

Your verdict. Fair in my opinion. Anyone who is not saved is ultimately irresponsible and indisciplined. No wonder the Bible also classifies them as goats and fools. You made a valid point.
You be lawyer. How did we go from non-christians to not saved? The word 'saved' is ambiguous and open to interpretation but 'Christians'- not so much.
Re: . by Image123(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You be lawyer. How did we go from non-christians to not saved? The word 'saved' is ambiguous and open to interpretation but 'Christians'- not so much.

There are many christains and xtians who claim to be christians. True Christians are saved, they are BORN again. Anyone born has the responsibility of breathing, no one will do it for you.
Re: . by truthmans2012: 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

The Israelite, thousands of years ago called their cups utensils? I guess they also called the machine they used to wash their utensils a dish washer and they called the machine that heated their food a microwave. the point here is that it was thousands of years ago and the truth is that the gold referred to may be some other item, but one thing I am sure of is that God did not tell them to go and borrow gold and jewelry like earrings so that they can wear it and look beautiful with it . ALSO SOME THINGS MAY HAVE APPEARED TO BE TOLERATED IN THE BIBLE BUT COPYING THOSE THINGS CAN LEAD YOU TO HELL. FOR EXAMPLE SOLOMON HAD SEVERAL CONCUBINES AND HE WAS PROBABLY SAVED. ALSO ABRAHAM HAD 2 WIVES BUT HE WAS SAVED. SO WHY NOT COPY ABRAHAM BY MARRYING TWO WIVES AS SAY TO YOURSELF “AFTER ALL ABRAHAM HAD 2 WIVES AND YET WAS SAVED, I WILL ALSO MARRY 2 WIVES” IF YOU DO SO, YOU MAY END UP IN HELL. SIMILARLY WHY CAN’T YOU GO OUT AND HAVE SEVERAL CONCUBINES AND SAY TO YOURSELF AFTER ALL SOLOMON ALSO HAD SEVERAL CONCUBINES AND YET WAS SAVED, I WILL ALSO HAVE SEVERAL CONCUBINES” IF YOU DO SO, YOU MAY END UP IN HELL so don’t try to play that ”it’s in the bible“ trick

Your statements are full of "maybe" showing you are not sure of what you are saying.

I don't follow any prophets because they are not my Saviour. The Bible says "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith" Not Jesus nor the Apostles legislated that women should not wear earrings.

Does a young woman forget her jewelry? Does a bride hide her wedding dress? Yet for years on my people have forgotten me (Jer. 2:32).

God was talking about how women value jewelry and was positive about it, He is aware of how they love it.
Re: . by jcross19: 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

Haven’t I mentioned the verses that show that earrings are sinful? Here are your bible verses
1 John 2:15: Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. BY PIERCING YOU EARS YOU BECOME A LOVER OF THE WORLD AND YOU CAN LOSE YOUR SALVATION
Leviticus 19:28 You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD. WHY WILL GOD FORBID TATTOOS AND ALLOW THE PIERCING OF EARS?
1 Corinthians: IN THIS BOOK YOU RAE TOLD THAT YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRTIT AND THEREFORE YOU SHOUILD NOT DRAG YOUSRELF IN THE MUD WITH THE IMMODESTY OF PIERCING THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
So those are your verses, so now let all the condemnations and all the negative names people like you have called a true preacher go back to you in the mighty name of Jesus. Because you have are deceivers that want to lure as many people as you can to hell.
Dear true Christians this person has mentioned the name of Jesus Christ in order to make you believe that he is telling the truth.
are you pastor? Is that how you will convert soul to God? Jesus now that 1john 2:15 says love not the world , neither the things that are in the world , the love of the father is not him. Now so you mean using the earring mean you love the world? Ah this is what we have when you interpret the word through your canal and mentality why can't you holy spirit to help you out? "World" simply mean "lust" to lust after things of the world that's meaning of that verse oh oga.
Let's leviticus 19: 28 says: you shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the DEAD or print any marks upon you: I am the lord. Let's bring out this phrase"you shall not make any cutting in your flesh FOR THE DEAD" does that phrase correlate with people you using earring? Are you using earring for the sake of the dead? That verse mean do not cut yourself for the sake of the dead to stand as mark of remembrance or sign of mourning. Now that 1 corinthians you quoted which verse is that sir? You quoted bible without the knowledge of the verse and add it your own salt and sugar to suit your folly!!! Can you see!!! Now let me teach you what you lack!! In 1 corinthians 6 vs 18 to 19 says: flee from fornication, every sin that the man doeth is without his body; but he that committed fornication sinned against his own body. In verse 19 is still warning against fornication now in verse 19 say: what?know you not that your body is the temple of holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God and you are not your own? Please does match the formulated verses of yours? Op get sense in jesus name.
Re: . by jcross19: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
truthmans2012:

Your statements are full of "maybe" showing you are not sure of what you are saying.

I don't follow any prophets because they are not my Saviour. The Bible says "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith" Not Jesus nor the Apostles legislated that women should not wear earrings.

Does a young woman forget her jewelry? Does a bride hide her wedding dress? Yet for years on my people have forgotten me (Jer. 2:32).

God was talking about how women value jewelry and was positive about it, He is aware of how they love it.

bro. Before I was blind by those people who preach against using the jewelries but later when I stated opening and reading my bible after giving my life to christ I now discovered that all those people are just brainwashing their members with intimidation and curse in order to keep them as fool in the church and subject them to their wish. Hmm shame to a lazy christian who could not read and ask God for interpretation through prayer. Op is one of confused christian.
Re: . by truthmans2012: 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
jcross19:
bro. Before I was blind by those people who preach against using the jewelries but later when I stated opening and reading my bible after giving my life to christ I now discovered that all those people are just brainwashing their members with intimidation and curse in order to keep them as fool in the church and subject them to their wish. Hmm shame to a lazy christian who could not read and ask God for interpretation through prayer. Op is one of confused christian.

Right.
Re: . by analice107: 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

You professional liar! Yes Unforgiveness, anger, bitterness, self conceitedness and rebellion are sins but so is the immodesty of piercing the temple of the holy spirit. i preached against earrings but did i tell you i don't preach against those other sins you mentioned. Why do you keep mentioning Pharisee? Didn’t i counter that Pharisee argument when i used the analogy of the preachers? I said that there are 3 types of preachers, 2 are false and 1 is true. The first false preacher is like the Pharisees who act holy and modest in public but are sinful inside. the second false preacher is the type that will tell you that all you need to saved is to believe that Jesus is your Savior, these sort of evil preachers who are not children of God in the first place deceitfully tell you that you can live your life as you want as long as you have faith in Jesus Christ, they preach this to you so that you can keep on partying, fornicating and being immodest so that you can lose your salvation. the bible says that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will be saved but Jesus also told the woman to go and sin no more, he said sin no more. God also said in the bible, be holy because I am holy hence the true preacher is the one that will tell you that as a child of God there are some evils in the society you should not copy as these were created not by children of God but by children of the devil. The true preacher knows that taking a needle to pierce you ears for vanity is sinful and he will preach this to you. You read that post so why do you keep mentioning Pharisee? You mentioned it so that you can deceive women into immodesty. Also, I dint say anything about women covering their hair, what I preached against is the piercing of the temple of the holy spirit for the sake of vanity. a woman can choose to cover her head or not but this is totally different from the sin of piercing her ears for the sake of vanity.
Hahahahahahahaha. Get out of here. I have more important things to do than waste time on trivial. Go get serious. Win souls for Christ, that's your whole duty as a Christians or should I say, Pharisee?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 15, 2016
I thank God for his grace upon my life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Big Lie / Look Who's Embracing Chris Oyakhilome! / Why I Am Catholic -former Pentecostal Pastor Relieves Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.