Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? - Science/Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? (65694 Views)

A Critical Look At Extraterrestrials, Jinns And Science. / 25 Facts/ Thoughts About Ufos & Aliens / Facts: Lets Talk About Global Warming/climate Change. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by vincentico(m): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
menxer:
From my own findings aliens exist but it would turn everything upside-down if the authorities should authenticate alien existence.

Imagine what would happen to religion, getting to you that we are just like chicken in cosmic coop.

OP?
So then why are they spending billions trying to find signs and signals of their existence
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
NigerianScholar:

When we see something. We are actually seeing d light emitted by the thing and since light is so fast(almost 300,000km per second). Madly fast.
You dont notice that it is moving. Same thing for sound. But sound is slower. That is why your hear thunder(d sound) after lightening (the light)
Anyways. D tn is. Space is so big. That the light u actually see would have to travel for many many years before it reaches ur eyes. D object would be like 3 trillion kilometers away. So it would take many years for the light to travel dat distance to ur eyes. (amazing fact, it takes about 6-9 minutes for the light from the sun to reach the earth).

So. If u r looking at earth from a faraway galaxy. Ull b looking at the past. Because the light from earth will have to travel millions and millions of miles

I hope u understand. I kept this in the simplest way possible. If u dont understand. I can start again
thanks for trying. I mean i understand the grammar but its so hard to imagine sad

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by An0nimus: 11:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I understand the explanation. But does this mean that dead dinosaurs on earth are alive somewhere?

Yes, they look alive from somewhere in space. On Earth they are dead. The image of earth 65 million years ago is still what can be seen in some far parts of space. Theoretically that is.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
Minemrys:

honeydrops that isn't an alien.

Ok...that's not an alien? Show me pic of what u consider alien, lol.
U don't look like an alien to me...did u take our human form...shocked?

Awww, you're so sweet...thank you. But only enough of me for my precious husband...Im married smiley

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Funny enough the Bible is filled with instances of alien visitations from outer space.

If you doubt me just open to the first chapter of the book of prophet Ezekiel.

And all those sons of God that came down from the heavens and mated with women, who do you think they are? Angels? No way. Angels don't have physical flesh not to talk of d*cks.

Who do you think built the Pyramids in Egypt?

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by sukkot: 11:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
ViktorMartins:

I'd love to know that 'person'
extra-terrestrial beings in the flesh have certain features which are very distinguishable. because their spirit is different from all humans it has an extremely mutual beneficial relationship with their body and as such they can never get fat. they are always very slim.

next is they are here on a mission so their facial composition is always stern and very serious. They have statesman like aura, a statuesque dignified aura about themself. and finally they have vulcan like facial features

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Jobia:
thanks for trying. I mean i understand the grammar but its so hard to imagine sad

When you look into the sky at night and you see stars twinkling, what you are seeing is the light emitted by the stars million of years ago. The light is just getting to us.

The implication is that some of the stars we see twinkling might not even be existing anymore.

God is wonderful.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Ranchhoddas: 11:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
An0nimus:

Yes, they look alive from somewhere in space. On Earth they are dead. The image of earth 65 million years ago is still what can be seen in some far parts of space. Theoretically that is.
Imagine that I 'supernaturally' possess the ability to teleport to any part of the universe that I choose in an instant (Like X-Men's Nightcrawler). I slay a dinosaur on earth at 5PM and I teleport a distance of 65million lightsyears (distance not time) at exactly 5:01PM. If I look back, what will I see?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by braithwaite(m): 11:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
[b]

My advice to all nairalanders reading this interesting piecee is to not the let mainstream media influence your views. Do your own research, be open minded without letting your brains fall out.

>We are dealing with terrestrial beings who are so superior and whose technology is so advanced that, for all intents and purposes, it appears like hollywood movies ,craft that can instantly disappear within seconds being that emerge form UFOs as light forms…

Stephen hawking >>
"We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet. I imagine they might exist in massive ships ... having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonize whatever planets they can reach.”

>yes they exist , in the case of alien visitation, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", quoting Carl Sagan. Everyone who is skeptical of alien visitation seems to be waiting for a flying saucer to land in Lagos or in remote area of ijebu, and a grinful being to step out and confirm that humans are not alone in the universe. But a public display of that kind is probably not going to happen, and there are many theories to account for that.chariots of gods,and all.

>To speak to the answers that claim that aliens don't visits Earth physically, there are a few flaws in that line of reasoning. First is that our understanding of physics is incomplete, and it borders upon hubris to suggest that it's flatly impossible to travel from star to star in our galaxy.theories on the 11-dimensional nature of our universe are beginning to offer an insight into how we may in fact travel to other stars at a speed that, to our frame of reference, is far faster than light. Even without the travel, why could alien not have arrived here in what's known as a generation starship? If one really wants to understand the entire issue of alien visitation, one has to think well outside our little geocentric box.

>one of the few reason I sense that religion is part of the vast conspiracy
>who knows maybe we are just like a pack in packs of rare animals and aliens have a surveillance on us, like when I sit down seeing NATGEO-WILD
[/b]

grin
cc cloudgoddess,hardmirror,kingebukablog, donnffd,SirWere,winners01

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by emma4eva(m): 12:29am On Jul 09, 2016
I read till the end... This is my contribution. I have being a keen researcher in my own little ways about things we don't consider normal or things too vast for us to understand about our world... I encourage all to really search and discover as much as they can.. One thing I have come to understand is this

1) If you choose to accept the belief in ideas of extraterrestrial beings with vast knowledge and technology,(who wouldn't, considering how infinite the universe is), you will gradually begin to question your belief in God, you will begin to doubt so much what Christianity, Islam and other religions has taught us for so long.

2) If you choose to stand on your belief on God as the author and finisher of all things as the Bible, Koran and religious books tells us, you have then chosen not to look at the enormous evidence before you, the so many inconsistencies in what these books of faith teach and what you actually see today.. Honestly they have being so many occurrences that supports the existence of other beings as put forward by the Op (though so many are hoax and so many are true).

In all my years of reading stories from conspiracy sites to religious books(I try to limit my reading of this kind, too spooky). I have come to understand there is a point where this two belief systems meet, there's a new understanding I have come to acquire that encircles this two views of the world.

I wish you all Goodluck in your search for understanding of where you come from, where you are now and where you are going to.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by bluaero(m): 12:32am On Jul 09, 2016
NigerianScholar:

This is sth beyond your understanding. If its humans dah visit a planet with life. Will they destroy or study

Good. Now think about the word "study". If another life form comes to your home planet to study you. What do you think will happen?

They will have to monitor you. Maybe put you in a cage. You can't go to work (or school). Perform experiments on you. Separate you from your family maybe. Take away your freedom. Take away your humanity. You will instinctively resist. And it will end up in your being dominated. The more you resist the worse it gets.

A visit from aliens will be disastrous.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by mdaada: 12:36am On Jul 09, 2016
natedalo:
Why are some of us africans stupid and believe clearly dumb conspiracy theories. To me it takes a different level of stupidity to think that moon landings never happened and that the earth is flat and that nasa is feeding us lies.

I do not see how someone would think that a government would spend millions building a rocket just to deceive the general population. It doesn't make sense, for crying out loud there is a mountain of evidence that moon landings occoured, there are videos of astronauts on the moon, samples of rocks from the moon, videos of the saturn V rocket blasting off to space plus lots more evidence that man actually reached the moon. Technogies developed by NASA are even in mainstream use today e.g infrared thermometers and we have someone saying NASA is a scam. Its just absurd bordering on stupidity

I don't even want to start on the flat earth theory because anyone that has a BASIC secondary school education should know that the earth is spherical and not flat and i am not ready to be anyone's geography tutor.

I honestly pity u

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 09, 2016
One of the most educative threads i have seen on frontpage of recent.lemme keep on following this thread.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Lordmykel(m): 1:03am On Jul 09, 2016
IsraelMonday:

Semi day
baba udoh
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Minemrys: 3:01am On Jul 09, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Ok...that's not an alien? Show me pic of what u consider alien, lol.
U don't look like an alien to me...did u take our human form...shocked?

Awww, you're so sweet...thank you. But only enough of me for my precious husband...Im married smiley
humans l0ok like us thats why i l0ok human. Ur husband must be a very lucky man, h0neydr0ps.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by PreacherMAN1: 3:19am On Jul 09, 2016
I once saw a bright light in the shape of a saucer many years back. The light was moving fast along a straight line then stopped, moved up, down, back and then moved forward then disappeared. pls note, planes and man made devices cannot move at such rate. its a pity mobile phones with cameras were not available then. we were about 10people looking up at the strange activity. someone even said it must be the Americans but I knew it was not of this world.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Mekzyzeus(m): 3:25am On Jul 09, 2016
frostland:
I still have d believe dat life is only possible on earth, if DA exist why haven't we see dem?wat is still keeping dem to make demself visible? humans have gone into space and even check out some planetary bodies yet noting

Baba!! Imagine the chaos should the "government" confirm their existence. Ever heard about "Extra terrestrial Conspiracy Theories"??
I believe and know that we ain't alone in this world oh!!
There are countless possibilities... planets plenty naw!!
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by UnaDonStart(m): 5:03am On Jul 09, 2016
KingAdegoke:
truth is relative. never trust "the truth"
ye truly is a god of psychology for this one!!!
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by ben1daEbiri(m): 5:18am On Jul 09, 2016
natedalo:
Why are some of us africans stupid and believe clearly dumb conspiracy theories. To me it takes a different level of stupidity to think that moon landings never happened and that the earth is flat and that nasa is feeding us lies.

I do not see how someone would think that a government would spend millions building a rocket just to deceive the general population. It doesn't make sense, for crying out loud there is a mountain of evidence that moon landings occoured, there are videos of astronauts on the moon, samples of rocks from the moon, videos of the saturn V rocket blasting off to space plus lots more evidence that man actually reached the moon. Technogies developed by NASA are even in mainstream use today e.g infrared thermometers and we have someone saying NASA is a scam. Its just absurd bordering on stupidity

I don't even want to start on the flat earth theory because anyone that has a BASIC secondary school education should know that the earth is spherical and not flat and i am not ready to be anyone's geography tutor.
Everything else you said was correct except the "....NASA is feeding us lies..." part.Indeed,NASA do feed us lies,but not all the time;then most importantly,they DON'T tell us all the know/find.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by ben1daEbiri(m): 5:25am On Jul 09, 2016
charlieot:

this here my friend is a blatant lie.
it disobeys the law of physics and simultaneity.

who the f.uck ever came up with this theory?
That's time dilation my friend!
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by danielous(m): 6:05am On Jul 09, 2016
kingcity:
interesting...

but what is UFO
unidentified flying object
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by menxer: 6:55am On Jul 09, 2016
vincentico:
So then why are they spending billions trying to find signs and signals of their existence

the aliens want us to know more than we are prepared to accept as the true reality. We are aided by aliens.

Take a look at the latest in cutting bleeding edge technology, it borders on alien stuffs.

Have you heard of Roswell or Area 51?

What do you think is the reason America is leading in super secret technologies?

There is a new weapon used by American navy that emits sound, causing temporary paralysis or immobility of the people targeted.

Which goes to explain the weapon used on Jericho by the Israelites in the bible.

The government won't expose all that is known so far to avoid a break down of society as we know it.

Imagine what would become of religion (christianity in particular) if the authorities should open up on the alien that was found at the crash site in Roswell or the one living in Area 51 or the alien machine stored there?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 09, 2016
abula112:

Cockroach is not an intelligent creature

U feel they r not intelligent creatures bcuz humans r million years more intelligent Dan dem. I guess dat might be d feelings aliens that are far intelligent Dan humans would have when dey have contact with us. Our intelligence level might b too crude to make any sense to dem

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by menxer: 7:29am On Jul 09, 2016
bluaero:

Good. Now think about the word "study". If another life form comes to your home planet to study you. What do you think will happen?

They will have to monitor you. Maybe put you in a cage. You can't go to work (or school). Perform experiments on you. Separate you from your family maybe. Take away your freedom. Take away your humanity. You will instinctively resist. And it will end up in your being dominated. The more you resist the worse it gets.

Studying an animal in confinement is a crude way of understanding that animal's way of life.

Do we study the feeding pattern of a lion in the zoo or in the wild?

Do we study the seasonal migration of dolphins in an aquarium?

Alien visit wouldn't be disastrous, history is replete with evidences of previous visitations.

The problem is we don't want to look into the past to see the future.

The Inca had a year calendar that ran it's full cycle of 3600 years and ended in 2012, how did they came up with such accurate calendar that far back?

If the technology that built the pyramids existed far back then, what is that telling you?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Pedrop: 7:31am On Jul 09, 2016
elisra:

Do you think Solomon and Moses told you half of what they knew?
Some are afraid to admit that Solomon was an evil man because of religious inclinations.

Soloman an evil man ? How do you mean ?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by DonaTee(f): 7:32am On Jul 09, 2016
hamzeiy:

what do you xpect when his bible tells him the earth is flat

If u were knowledgeable as u want to potray u ll knw dat d bible described d earth as a sphere suspended in d universe. Jus read d book of psalms then swallow ur words. U can read d whole bible n see d wisdom dat lies there in.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by NigerianScholar: 7:33am On Jul 09, 2016
bluaero:

Before visiting planet. It would have been monitored remotely from space and with a drone/rover
What am saying is an intelligent species will attempt communication

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by DonaTee(f): 7:35am On Jul 09, 2016
Iamsynord:
Yes Op

aliens and extraterrestrials beings exist..

This reminds me of me own experience with an alien ..,. I was just six and had gone to pluck unripe cashew near the burial ground in the town, which i will burn to bring nut so that i will eat with garri at home ,,,

I was still plucking when this great white light shone on me... I tried to move but i could not... I tried lifting my hands, no.,., legs ..,., no too.... Ok

suddenly wind started blowing and thunder and lightning struck three times as i counted it... I was terribly frightened as i couldnt run and i started singing prayer is the master key

suddenly a frog like creature jumped and licked its lips...

I could see like six of them coming from every direction.

' sekum kauen dkahs hakksk ah ' one of them say...

Gaj sjagd aja dudu " ... La penis akaja la swerta do yoghiti uhun a nurise ' the other replied and they all laughed...

All this while i was screaming and shouting for help around 7pm in the night..

Maka yaka potato la chop humane intestinee..... The 6 or 7 creatures just shouted together as claws sprung from their hand and they dripped saliva as they approached me....

Maka lickaa la foode........ Humanle a sweera pon bloddka kakkakka...

I screamed jesus ,,,,

by the time i woke up from the dream in the parlour, i saw a dvd collection of E T,Ghost ship and predators beside me, a cd i had watched the previous night.. :;( grin

hahahahahahah omg!!!! Lwkmd. Initially my pupils dilated as I was reading ur story n den I got d drift n d crazy alien language
hahahahahahahahahahah I almost suffocated laffing. Being midnyt my hubby thot I ve go crazy. But u ve made my weekend. Im still laffing. .....

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 09, 2016
Minemrys:

chairman u watch too many c0mic b0ok m0vies. Kai infinity st0ne? Na m0ther box u 4 talk na or krypt0nite lolx.

vincentico:
That sounds like a scene in Hollywood

Life is all about imagination you know. If aliens exist and are far ahead of us technology wise, there's every reason they'd also have gotten past our present problems. That's the point am trying to make.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 09, 2016
bluaero:

It is totally impossible to be visited by aliens less advanced than us. Imagine with all our technological advancement, man has only been able to land on the moon. We have not even been able to land on our closest neighbour Mars despite trying as hard as we can.

An alien visiting us would be travelling hundreds or thousand of light years to reach us and would have mastered interstellar technology way beyond our wildest imagination. Trust me bro, we wont stand a chance!

Do you know that America was originally peacefully inhabited by a tribe known as Red Indians before they were visited by Christopher Columbus from Spain? Go and read up to find out what happened to those Red Indians after Christopher Columbus "discovered" America. What happened afterwards was the greatest genocide in the history of mankind. Total anihilation! What would happen if we are visited by aliens will be far worse.

Living things have the tendency to dominate and eliminate weaker species.

Or maybe they could also visit in peace, and encourage technology transfer. Talk about alien colonization.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by NigerianScholar: 7:42am On Jul 09, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Very easy and clear explanation.

Do u think we'll be able to solve the problem of traveling at light speed (or close to it at least)?
Considering the space/time issue how far could humans get because the distance between galaxies, etc is so vast that even at light speed we'd never make it alive. At least without life extending tech or genetic mod...maybe cryogenic suspension? Possible shortcuts like 'wormholes'...blackholes?

Any thoughts?
If you travel past d speed of light. You can break the time barrier and travel to another point in time(according to einstein) and then you will get lost in time eventually.
But, if we master travelling at the speed of light. The universe Is still too large to explore. We cant physically make the trip and i think moving at high speeds will cause accelerated ageing.
Maybe drones would be a better option using vr technology, but the dont have instincts, they dont feel,they cant sense danger

Maybe If we find a way to bend space then we can create a wormhole and travel to another point the the universe..its lyk a shortcut. Watch the movie interstellar

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by NigerianScholar: 7:43am On Jul 09, 2016
SnowJay92:

Or maybe they could also visit in peace, and encourage technology transfer. Talk about alien colonization.
Keep dreaming. We cant have the same method of communicating. Can you speak to dolphins...no

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics / Big Cobra Killed With A Gun In Toilet In Delta State (Photos) / Strange Cow That Refused To Die After Its Head Had Been Cut(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.