Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? - Science/Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? (65693 Views)

A Critical Look At Extraterrestrials, Jinns And Science. / 25 Facts/ Thoughts About Ufos & Aliens / Facts: Lets Talk About Global Warming/climate Change. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Minemrys:

you w0n't believe me if i tell u this, honeydrops. Am an alien, the last s0n of my race and i was sent here to find u. After many years living in this primitive time with primitive techn0logy, i finally did. So can i get to kn0w u?

Lol....sure. I'm here to know any people who are kind and like to have fun discussions.

I'm glad to find this thread where every1seems to be of good cheer without all that drama we often find on threads.

So, nice to meet you & every1 else here. smiley

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by jamst2(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Huh! What i know is people are getting or being initiated,how Huh! Well,you are seeing 'ghost' instead of human being nowadays & some paranormal activities going on around you...
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
Explorers:
'FAST' has a diameter of 1,640 feet and is located in the Dawodang depression, a huge karst valley in Pingtang County, Guizhou Province, China.

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3673368/China-completes-installation-world-s-largest-radio-telescope-nation-aims-hunt-aliens-using-135-million-dish.html
so china also has green grass on their land? I thought china is a deserted country
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by menxer: 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
osymerga:
Someone once told me that God and his angels and even demons are extraterrestrial beings that have far evolved. That they are beings who have advanced far more beyond our reasoning. I have always ponder on these assertion. Could it be true ? There was a time they even fought a war in heaven among themselves. Are they another kind of civilisation ? Is there other realms of existence in this universe ? What is our connection with them if there are any ?
I seek knowledge...

If the Gods are not advanced version of man, how was it possible for the sons of God to marry the daughters of men as reported in the bible?

There are many redundant codons in human DNA with no decipherable function.
I read it somewhere that the human DNA at creation was quad helix and not double helix; That the reduction to double helix was a drastic measure by our creator to contain and neutralize the malevolent modifications that was introduced by another alien race into human DNA.

...That the process rendered some parts of human DNA redundant, and these parts had to do with higher mental and spiritual (psychic, telepathic) capacities, and inter-dimensional manipulating abilities

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by steveblue: 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
Alien do exist and they are constantly monitoring and interacting with us. Though they exist under high level classified scenarios making it difficult for us to apprehend their true existence. Currently having strong allied with the "Super Powers" having agreed on a bilateral between alien and the human race, (exchange of alien technology with human abduction to Animal mutilation and so on and so forth.......). That is one of the reason why Area 51 facilities is authoritatively inaccessible to the common man cos is the home of UFOs' here on earth while a lot of suppressed technological activities takes place there on daily basis and once the appropriate time emerges some of these technologies goes into public circulation.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by MrOlai: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Explorers:
9. If an alien in a galaxy 65 million light years away is looking at us through a telescope right now, then they are looking at dinosaurs.

bestpictureblog. com

Hmmm! Only good physics students would understand the meaning!

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by bluaero(m): 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
SnowJay92:

What if the reverse is the case? What if we're more advanced than they are? It'd be a case of some roaches entering a room full of soldiers right? grin

It is totally impossible to be visited by aliens less advanced than us. Imagine with all our technological advancement, man has only been able to land on the moon. We have not even been able to land on our closest neighbour Mars despite trying as hard as we can.

An alien visiting us would be travelling hundreds or thousand of light years to reach us and would have mastered interstellar technology way beyond our wildest imagination. Trust me bro, we wont stand a chance!

Do you know that America was originally peacefully inhabited by a tribe known as Red Indians before they were visited by Christopher Columbus from Spain? Go and read up to find out what happened to those Red Indians after Christopher Columbus "discovered" America. What happened afterwards was the greatest genocide in the history of mankind. Total anihilation! What would happen if we are visited by aliens will be far worse.

Living things have the tendency to dominate and eliminate weaker species.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by hamzeiy: 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
natedalo:
Why are some of us africans stupid and believe clearly dumb conspiracy theories. To me it takes a different level of stupidity to think that moon landings never happened and that the earth is flat and that nasa is feeding us lies.

I do not see how someone would think that a government would spend millions building a rocket just to deceive the general population. It doesn't make sense, for crying out loud there is a mountain of evidence that moon landings occoured, there are videos of astronauts on the moon, samples of rocks from the moon, videos of the saturn V rocket blasting off to space plus lots more evidence that man actually reached the moon. Technogies developed by NASA are even in mainstream use today e.g infrared thermometers and we have someone saying NASA is a scam. Its just absurd bordering on stupidity

I don't even want to start on the flat earth theory because anyone that has a BASIC secondary school education should know that the earth is spherical and not flat and i am not ready to be anyone's geography tutor.
what do you xpect when his bible tells him the earth is flat
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by bluaero(m): 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
goingape1:
wow! beer you drank is of STRONG quality

wow! weed you smoked is straight from OGBOMOSHO

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by lanreni: 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
elisra:
a USA underground military base called area 51 is harboring alien beings who give technology to Americans
I also suspect such an area like that exists in Russia. It is secluded. You can neither come in nor go out.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Minemrys: 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Lol....sure. I'm here to know any people who are kind and like to have fun discussions.

I'm glad to find this thread where every1seems to be of good cheer without all that drama we often find on threads.

So, nice to meet you & every1 else here. smiley
well 4 a proper introducti0n, u knw am an alien, well my name is Min son of El fr0m the planet naijaTON. I was sent here to find the ONE who was flowing of milk and h0neydr0ps. Hope u aren't scared of me? My appearance could be frightening:-O
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by bidexmimi(f): 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
The kind of topics I love to read..You get to see peoples opinions. Very educative

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
natedalo:
Why are some of us africans stupid and believe clearly dumb conspiracy theories. To me it takes a different level of stupidity to think that moon landings never happened and that the earth is flat and that nasa is feeding us lies.

I do not see how someone would think that a government would spend millions building a rocket just to deceive the general population. It doesn't make sense, for crying out loud there is a mountain of evidence that moon landings occoured, there are videos of astronauts on the moon, samples of rocks from the moon, videos of the saturn V rocket blasting off to space plus lots more evidence that man actually reached the moon. Technogies developed by NASA are even in mainstream use today e.g infrared thermometers and we have someone saying NASA is a scam. Its just absurd bordering on stupidity

I don't even want to start on the flat earth theory because anyone that has a BASIC secondary school education should know that the earth is spherical and not flat and i am not ready to be anyone's geography tutor.
in as much as I believe in space exploration I would advise you not to conclude just yet. governments can do anything to get anything. trust me. NASA I believe are right but I shouldn't rule out the possibility of them being a scam. almost everything they told us is unverifiable. so bruh give it a 0.02% of your doubt.

just incase
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by moyarhtohbadt(f): 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
Iamsynord:
Yes Op

aliens and extraterrestrials beings exist..

This reminds me of me own experience with an alien ..,. I was just six and had gone to pluck unripe cashew near the burial ground in the town, which i will burn to bring nut so that i will eat with garri at home ,,,

I was still plucking when this great white light shone on me... I tried to move but i could not... I tried lifting my hands, no.,., legs ..,., no too.... Ok

suddenly wind started blowing and thunder and lightning struck three times as i counted it... I was terribly frightened as i couldnt run and i started singing prayer is the master key

suddenly a frog like creature jumped and licked its lips...

I could see like six of them coming from every direction.

' sekum kauen dkahs hakksk ah ' one of them say...

Gaj sjagd aja dudu " ... La penis akaja la swerta do yoghiti uhun a nurise ' the other replied and they all laughed...

All this while i was screaming and shouting for help around 7pm in the night..

Maka yaka potato la chop humane intestinee..... The 6 or 7 creatures just shouted together as claws sprung from their hand and they dripped saliva as they approached me....

Maka lickaa la foode........ Humanle a sweera pon bloddka kakkakka...

I screamed jesus ,,,,

by the time i woke up from the dream in the parlour, i saw a dvd collection of E T,Ghost ship and predators beside me, a cd i had watched the previous night.. :;( grin
I love you.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
Explorers:
9. If an alien in a galaxy 65 million light years away is looking at us through a telescope right now, then they are looking at dinosaurs.

bestpictureblog. com
i really dont understand this statement. Can you explain ?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by NigerianScholar: 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
bluaero:
If were are ever visited by beings from another planet, that would be the end of mankind as we know it. Any form of intelligence that successfully visits us (especially from another solar system) would be thousands of years ahead of us in terms of technology.

To make it simple, what would happen if a group of human soldiers enter a room full of cockroaches?

1. Will they look for the leader of the cockroaches to discuss with him?
2. Will they decide to teach the cockroaches their ways of life and technology?
3. Or will they simply eliminate ALL the cockroaches and use the room for themselves?

The correct answer to the question is what will happen to humanity if we are visited by any intelligent alien life form.
I dont believe in all dese ufo nonsense
But gv me a scientific explanation on y d 'aliens' wud b more advanced. Why cant we be d soldiers. Too much Hollywood is doing you
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by ViktorMartins(m): 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
sukkot:
Bro, the encoded message is long to type lol but if you are interested just google it or youtube it and you can see the whole message. why 27 years to respond ? maybe they work with numerology. have i heard of vlizards ? yeah I have, as well as dracons and insectoids and vulcans etc etc. This world of ours is a very complex place. even in our govt in nigeria we have some extra-terrestrials. I know of one
I'd love to know that 'person'
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by bluaero(m): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
NigerianScholar:

I dont believe in all dese ufo nonsense
But gv me a scientific explanation on y d 'aliens' wud b more advanced. Why cant we be d soldiers. Too much Hollywood is doing you

It's common sense

It is totally impossible to be visited by aliens less advanced than us. Imagine with all our technological advancement, man has only been able to land on the moon. We have not even been able to land on our closest neighbour Mars despite trying as hard as we can.

An alien visiting us would be travelling hundreds or thousand of light years to reach us and would have mastered interstellar technology way beyond our wildest imagination. Trust me bro, we wont stand a chance!

Do you know that America was originally peacefully inhabited by a tribe known as Red Indians before they were visited by Christopher Columbus from Spain? Go and read up to find out what happened to those Red Indians after Christopher Columbus "discovered" America. What happened afterwards was the greatest genocide in the history of mankind. Total anihilation! What would happen if we are visited by aliens will be far worse.

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by charlieot(m): 10:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Explorers:

bestpictureblog. com

this here my friend is a blatant lie.
it disobeys the law of physics and simultaneity.

who the f.uck ever came up with this theory?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by natedalo: 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
KingAdegoke:
in as much as I believe in space exploration I would advise you not to conclude just yet. governments can do anything to get anything. trust me. NASA I believe are right but I shouldn't rule out the possibility of them being a scam. almost everything they told us is unverifiable. so bruh give it a 0.02% of your doubt.

just incase
While its true that governments can go great lengths to hide truth and cover up stories there is usually a reason why a government would take this line of action.

I actually believe that not everything NASA says officially is true, there would definitely be cover stories but at this scale its just implausible.

The very fact that he quotes a flat earth theory clearly shows brainwashing. We actually do not need pictures from space to know the earth is spherical. SSS 1 geography would give more than 10 different reasons the earth is spherical and pictures from space are just one of them and these 10 reasons can be independently observed.

Believing and promulgating such absurd theories stifles progress and confuses young minds making them waste time on already answered questions instead of building upon what is already known.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by NigerianScholar: 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
Jobia:
i really dont understand this statement. Can you explain ?
When we see something. We are actually seeing d light emitted by the thing and since light is so fast(almost 300,000km per second). Madly fast.
You dont notice that it is moving. Same thing for sound. But sound is slower. That is why your hear thunder(d sound) after lightening (the light)
Anyways. D tn is. Space is so big. That the light u actually see would have to travel for many many years before it reaches ur eyes. D object would be like 3 trillion kilometers away. So it would take many years for the light to travel dat distance to ur eyes. (amazing fact, it takes about 6-9 minutes for the light from the sun to reach the earth).

So. If u r looking at earth from a faraway galaxy. Ull b looking at the past. Because the light from earth will have to travel millions and millions of miles

I hope u understand. I kept this in the simplest way possible. If u dont understand. I can start again

4 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Ralphdan(m): 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
From my point of view its either science and its postulations are false or religion and its teachings because they both contradicts each other.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by NigerianScholar: 10:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don't understand. Please elaborate, if you don't mind.
Scroll up nd ull see my previous xplanation
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Datevilme: 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
I am actually impressed, good to know that we have really smart nairalanders, it has been an educative read.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by NigerianScholar: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
bluaero:

It's common sense

This is sth beyond your understanding. If its humans dah visit a planet with life. Will they destroy or study

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Ranchhoddas: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Scroll up nd ull see my previous xplanation
I understand the explanation. But does this mean that dead dinosaurs on earth are alive somewhere?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Minemrys:

well 4 a proper introducti0n, u knw am an alien, well my name is Min son of El fr0m the planet naijaTON. I was sent here to find the ONE who was flowing of milk and h0neydr0ps. Hope u aren't scared of me? My appearance could be frightening:-O

Most likely scared...especially if you're an alien like this:

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by vincentico(m): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
SnowJay92:

They could have solution to our problems, say a cure for deadly diseases, answer to religious differences, maybe give we in Nigeria an infinity stone that would provide us enough electricity forever. Maybe... grin
That sounds like a scene in Hollywood
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
NigerianScholar:

When we see something. We are actually seeing d light emitted by the thing and since light is so fast(almost 300,000km per second). Madly fast.
You dont notice that it is moving. Same thing for sound. But sound is slower. That is why your hear thunder(d sound) after lightening (the light)
Anyways. D tn is. Space is so big. That the light u actually see would have to travel for many many years before it reaches ur eyes. D object would be like 3 trillion kilometers away. So it would take many years for the light to travel dat distance to ur eyes. (amazing fact, it takes about 6-9 minutes for the light from the sun to reach the earth).

So. If u r looking at earth from a faraway galaxy. Ull b looking at the past. Because the light from earth will have to travel millions and millions of miles

I hope u understand. I kept this in the simplest way possible. If u dont understand. I can start again

Very easy and clear explanation.

Do u think we'll be able to solve the problem of traveling at light speed (or close to it at least)?
Considering the space/time issue how far could humans get because the distance between galaxies, etc is so vast that even at light speed we'd never make it alive. At least without life extending tech or genetic mod...maybe cryogenic suspension? Possible shortcuts like 'wormholes'...blackholes?

Any thoughts?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
moyarhtohbadt:
I love you.
i love u too gyal
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by cupidhero(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
bluaero:

It's common sense

Just wish they can visit America right now....Alabama would be perfect for their first wave.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Minemrys: 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Most likely scared...especially if you're an alien like this:
honeydrops that isn't an alien. Thats a creature, m0re specifically a m0nster. Am n0 m0nster but c0me to think of it, it w0n't be bad having that creature's m0uth if it meant having m0re of u. :-P

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics / Big Cobra Killed With A Gun In Toilet In Delta State (Photos) / Strange Cow That Refused To Die After Its Head Had Been Cut(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.