Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 (54119 Views)

Do You Still Remember These Games? / Five Best Games For Infinix Note 4 Pro / Which Of These Games Did We Do Best When We Were Young??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:01am On Jul 07, 2016
*ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG
RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 29, 2013

It is 1715. Pirates rule the Caribbean and have established a lawless pirate republic. Among these outlaws is a fearsome young captain named Edward Kenway. His exploits earn the respect of pirate legends like Blackbeard, but draw him into an ancient war that may destroy everything the pirates have built.
Set sail on the high seas in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, a pirate-filled adventure in the Assassin's Creed saga. Become Edward Kenway, a charismatic yet brutal pirate captain, trained by Assassins. Command your ship, the Jackdaw, and strike fear in all who see her. Plunder and pillage to upgrade the Jackdaw with ammunition and equipment needed to fight off enemy ships as you venture out to discover the most diverse Assassin's Creed world ever created.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by killzone(m): 6:01am On Jul 07, 2016
What is watch dogs doing there cry. Don't know about you guys but my interest in soccer game is close to 0.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:12am On Jul 07, 2016
*HEAVY RAIN
RELEASE DATE: FEBRUARY 23, 2010

Heavy Rain is a cinematic and evolving thriller from Quantic Dream, the developer behind the critically acclaimed Fahrenheit. Dealing with a range of adult themes, the game revolves around a sophisticated plot and strong narrative threads that explore a complex moral proposition. You assume the role of multiple characters, with very different backgrounds, motivations and skills, in a world shaped by Bending Storylines - a dynamic narrative design where your actions and decisions will shape your story.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:14am On Jul 07, 2016
killzone:
What is watch dogs doing there cry. Don't know about you guys but my interest in soccer game is close to 0.
Sorri, it slipped in. It's already been changed.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:18am On Jul 07, 2016
jimihendrix:
Nice post, poster please do you know if it's possible for me to jailbreak my ps3? The version on it is 4.76. (slim) Thank you.
Yes, my friend upgraded mine to 4.80 and I had to downgrade it using an E3 flasher after which I jailbroke it. So far as your ps3 slim model is not above 25××.
Give me your model number just to be sure, cause some 25×× are un-jailbreakable.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:22am On Jul 07, 2016
*BIOSHOCK INFINITE
RELEASE DATE: MARCH 26, 2013

Welcome to the city of Columbia. Floating amongst the clouds, cruising far above sea level, this is a place unlike any you've ever seen. Please enjoy your voyage...
The third game in the popular Bioshock series, BioShock Infinite breaks away from the underwater setting of the first two games to take players into a floating city held aloft by dirigibles. The game is set in 1912. You play as Booker DeWitt, a disgraced former private detective who's picked up a new case. Your goal is to find Elizabeth, a young woman who's gone missing and return her unharmed. The only problem is that she's being kept on this flying city. Columbia was once a symbol of America's success as a nation, floating around the world as a traveling World's Fair, a marvel of human innovation. But strange things have happened since Columbia's unveiling in 1900, and now the city has disappeared into the clouds. DeWitt knows how to find it, but over the years stories have been told about Columbia having unlawful heavy armament and deranged citizenry. Do not expect this to be a pleasure cruise.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by JonSnow(m): 6:23am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

Am not done with the list, just got banned for no apparent reason by anti spam bot.

Have you tried mailing the mods?
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:26am On Jul 07, 2016
*BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY
RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 18, 2011

Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security home for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds.
Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:27am On Jul 07, 2016
JonSnow:

Have you tried mailing the mods?
Yea I tried that, nice name btw grin
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by JonSnow(m): 6:28am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

Yea I tried that, nice name btw grin

cheesy thanks man.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by iPopAlomo(m): 6:28am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:
*THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
RELEASE DATE: NOVEMBER 11, 2011

The Empire of Tamriel is on the edge. The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. Alliances form as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened. Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons.

If to say you no mention this game ehn... but it should have been number one... you Bleep up still... but not as much as much as not mentioning it...
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by killzone(m): 6:29am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

Sorri, it slipped in. It's already been changed.
aii nice list by the way, even though am on a 360
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:33am On Jul 07, 2016
*DARK SOULS II
RELEASE DATE: MARCH 11, 2014

Face the challenge once again in this sequel to the hardcore action RPG. Dark Souls II features a new hero, a new storyline, and an unfamiliar world for players to survive in while delivering its signature brand of unrelenting punishment that players hunger for. Epic battles with gruesome enemies and blood-thirsty bosses await adventurers as they traverse through a devastated world filled with death and despair; only those who are strong willed or cunning can survive this journey to achieve great glory. Players seeking to share their experience will discover a revamped server-based multiplayer mode that puts a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing with others.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Emeka71(m): 6:34am On Jul 07, 2016
Very nice.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:36am On Jul 07, 2016
*L.A. NOIRE
RELEASE DATE: MAY 17, 2011

Set amid the violence and corruption of post-World War II Los Angeles, L.A. Noire is a crime thriller that seamlessly blends crime-solving, clue-finding, car chases and shoot-outs with revolutionary new interrogation-based gameplay that will allow players to read characters' emotions in order to reveal the truth. Players will take on the role of Cole Phelps, a decorated war veteran, who rises through the ranks of the LAPD by solving a series of gruesome murders and other crimes that bring him face-to-face with the dark heart of Los Angeles during Hollywood's Golden Age.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:41am On Jul 07, 2016
*BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2
RELEASE DATE: MARCH 2, 2010

In Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the Bad Company crew again find themselves in the heart of the action, where they must use every weapon and vehicle at their disposal to survive. The action unfolds with unprecedented intensity, introducing a level of fervor to vehicular warfare never before experienced in a modern warfare action game.
The 'B' company fight their way through snowy mountaintops, dense jungles and dusty villages. With a heavy arsenal of deadly weapons and a slew of vehicles to aid them, the crew set off on their mission and they are ready to blow up, shoot down, blast through, wipe out and utterly destroy anything that gets in their way. Total destruction is the name of the game -- either online or offline, enemies will soon learn there is nowhere to hide.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by smog1(m): 6:44am On Jul 07, 2016
Pls, anyone with a good idea the price of a UK used PS3. I need to buy one, thanks
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:45am On Jul 07, 2016
*DEAD SPACE 2
RELEASE DATE: JANUARY 25, 2011

Engineer Isaac Clarke returns for another blood-curdling adventure in Dead Space 2, the sequel to the critically acclaimed horror adventure. After waking from a coma on a massive space city known as "The Sprawl," the lone survivor of a horrific alien infestation finds himself confronting a catastrophic new nightmare. Battling dementia, hunted by the government and haunted by visions of his dead girlfriend, Isaac will do whatever it takes to save himself and rid the city of the gruesome, relentless Necromorphs. Equipped with a new arsenal of tools to dismember the Necromorphs, Isaac will face the challenge head-on.
In Dead Space 2, Isaac brings the terror to space. Players will take on bigger, scarier and more epic battles that will keep them on the edge of their seats. Delivering a sensory overload of sound, visuals and action sequences, Dead Space 2 will bring the psychological thrills of deep space to a terrifying new level.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Kakamorufu(m): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2016
can count the number of times i played ps3. If i do, its cos of football games
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2016
smog1:
Pls, anyone with a good idea the price of a UK used PS3. I need to buy one, thanks
80£ to 160£ but due to economic situation in nigeria it will cost u more when you do the conversion.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:50am On Jul 07, 2016
*MASS EFFECT 3
RELEASE DATE: MARCH 6, 2012

In Mass Effect 3, an ancient alien race known only as Reapers, has launched an all-out invasion of the galaxy, leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction. You, as Commander Shepard, must lead the counter assault to take it back. Only you can determine how events will play out, which planets you will save from annihilation and which alliances you will form or abandon as you rally the forces of the galaxy to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all.
Battle with your comrades or even your own friends in this all-out galactic war to take Earth back. With co-op online multiplayer missions new to the Mass Effect universe , you can choose from a variety of classes and races, form an elite Special Forces squad, and combine weapons, powers and abilities to devastating effect as you all fight together to liberate key territories from enemy control in this third entry of the epic intergalactic RPG franchise.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by smog1(m): 6:50am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

Yes, my friend upgraded mine to 4.80 and I had to downgrade it using an E3 flasher after which I jailbroken it. So far as your ps3 slim model is not above 25××.
Give me your model number just to be sure, cause some 25×× are un-jailbreakable.
Pls, I need to get a PS3. Pls can you tell me what and what I should be mindful of when buying it? Like the configuration and the likes cause I don't know anything about the game but which to get one for myself and how much can I get a UK used
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:55am On Jul 07, 2016
*SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV
RELEASE DATE: FEBRUARY 17, 2009

The long-awaited fourth entry in the Street Fighter series. Street Fighter IV features a mix of returning favorites such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile along with new characters created for this game, such as Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. Characters and environments are rendered in stylized 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Six-button controls for the game return, with a host of new special moves and features integrated into the input system. Mixing classic genre-defining game mechanics the franchise is known and loved for with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Toniosparlet(m): 6:56am On Jul 07, 2016
But do you how much it will cost to jailbreak it....Mine is jailbreakable
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by smog1(m): 6:58am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

80£ to 160£ but due to economic situation in nigeria it will cost u more when you do the conversion.

Thanks bro, is that amount not on the high side for a UK used PS3? I've decided to go for used cause of the price but seems its still too much. However, what and what should I look for when buying it. I mean the configuration, upgrade and so on cause I don't know anything about games
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:02am On Jul 07, 2016
smog1:
Pls, I need to get a PS3. Pls can you tell me what and what I should be mindful of when buying it? Like the configuration and the likes cause I don't know anything about the game but which to get one for myself and how much can I get a UK used
If you intend on playing jailbroken games (i.e games downloaded from the Internet or copied from cds) get a ps3 on or before 2010(i.e 25×× models, they are easily jailbroken), and when getting ps3 from the UK make sure its not faulty with the yellow light of death (YLOD) other wise it will give you an issue, due to the economy you will have to budget 40 to 60k.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:03am On Jul 07, 2016
Toniosparlet:
But do you how much it will cost to jailbreak it....Mine is jailbreakable
It's between 6k to 8k, anything more than that and you are been cheated.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:08am On Jul 07, 2016
*PORTAL 2
RELEASE DATE: APRIL 19, 2011

The highly anticipated sequel to 2007's Game of the Year, Portal 2 is a hilariously mind-bending adventure that challenges you to use wits over weaponry in a funhouse of diabolical science.
Using a highly experimental portal device, you'll once again face off against a lethally inventive, power-mad A.I. named GLaDOS. And this time you won't be alone. Meet an expanded cast of characters as you think your way through dangerous, never-before-seen areas of Aperture Laboratories.
Break the laws of spatial physics in ways you never thought possible, with a wider variety of portal puzzles and an expansive story that spans a single player and co-operative game mode.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by gambit10: 7:10am On Jul 07, 2016
saintdennis:

Baba wetin una like for fifa...d gameplay no sweet me reach pes @all.
PES 16 is d deal....game so real

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Mrluv(m): 7:16am On Jul 07, 2016
chinuz:
Nice thread.. Played a few hope i can get the rest before switching to p4.
bro dash people like us may fit afford even ps2 your ps3 before wen u already to switch
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Taolyn4lif(m): 7:16am On Jul 07, 2016
This list doesn't concern me because if it is not soccer, I ain't playing
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by fiizznation: 7:17am On Jul 07, 2016
Most of the games you mentioned are extremely whacky. I still love PS3 more than ps4, but the truth is many ps3 games are whacky. Lol they have a way of making their games look 'so badass like' just with the posters on the CD casings. I don't know, maybe I find most ps3 games boring because I'm a huge fan of warfare games e.g battlefield, COD, and maybe spinster cell. Assassins creed isn't that bad also. Lol, I can't actually believe some people like playing rock star games, jeez I find their games too long or should I say endless.

Take a look at this lanoire, that's like probably the worst game I have ever played, didn't finish playing the horseshit because of its extreme boringness. Far cry boring, the last of us boring, heavy rain boring, bioshock infinite extremely boring. Gush

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

If You Know That You Rocked This Game, Say Hi / My YouTube & Twitch Channel / Millionaires Club Football Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.